Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? (36349 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
NotATroll:
I am single and a Quantity Surveying graduate.
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Any country apart from African and Asian
Thank you

Just go to any good schengen country or Canada you will be fine

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you

Where you dey go?
This breakfast eh? The tin sweet 2much!!
We must stay here together, come dey chop am together!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by IrepChrist: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
Vadese1:
Please can you elaborate the advantages of traveling with your family. Thsnks

You know already that it's either you are traveling as an Immigrant (you become a legal resident through a family in the country) non Immigrant (Tourists, student's visa etc). If you travel as a tourist and you stay back. You can't return home to see your family and go back. Often times people get trapped for many years sacrificing their marriage, husband and fatherly role and in the process they end marrying someone else's for papers. I do tell people it's not worth it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Agunesinjaweola: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
Take the academic option to travel to UK for a year Masters degree and you can support yourself until the graduation 🎓.

Then you can look for a work sponsorship (healthcare) to move your family into Britain and start a new life.

Your kids will enjoy free education and after five years (when you're 46 you have access to free welfare package.

Not too bad to move at 40 at all.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by grandstar(m): 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you

My first cousin in 2017 relocated to America. He was around 55 then. He is an illegal migrant

He takes care of an old man inhouse.

My cousin as about 3 years ago had saved about $50,000. He has very little expenses as the old man takes care of all his needs. He is also not a small kid and knows why he travelled. He is saving his money judiciously. I won't be surprised if the money has grown to $100,000

9 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by fineyemi(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
EconFinance:

Your budget is not enough for options outside the African and Asian countries you have cancelled out
How much do one need sir. I plan on leaving next year and i aiming for 6M which i will be saving in dollars. That means for every naira i get i will exhange it and deposit it in my domicilary account. Which country can i afford to go to with my fiancé
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by fineyemi(m): 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
DaddyGngeess:

Just go to any good schengen country or Canada you will be fine
list them
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by saintkeppy(m): 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
carixma:
I am in the same shoes, 40 I want to relocate to Canada either by express entry or study permit

Canada makes sense.

A caregiver in Canada earns an average $C45, that is Canadian dollar(#550 Naira exchange rate) per hour, so if you work an average 7-8hours per day, do the math &that's what you earn, imagine you do this for a week, then month You're better off in the next couple of years (2years working Visa), then gets a Permanent Residency afterwards.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by SocialJustice: 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2023
NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you
Complete your school fees and go to UK. No go carry waka. Age means nothing.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by livenija: 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
post=124008741:
A lizard in Nigeria cannot become an Alligator in America.....
but he can be better than the alligator in Nigeria
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by FireUpNow(m): 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Why do you wanna migrate at 40.
You don high abi? Being 40 yrs old is not a barrier to relocating abroad. People older than that relocated abroad.you are a kill-joy with your kind of advice

8 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Pickmycall: 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Is a 40 yrs old migrant not doing well over there?Why can't you continue to do what is giving you the millions?Abi na bad way you take make am?

NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Yoighaman(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
prolifik83:

There re different route
1) Msc in UK, Malta, Finland, Australia and Austria
2) Msc in Canada
3) Care Giver route (UK and Canada)
Just do an extensive research online
All the best

That care giver route has become a big scam. The OP should just rule it out, otherwise he will regret it.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Germi9: 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
No be you talk say life begins at 40?

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by okito: 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
Let me start by saying you can successfully relocate abroad at 40. I left an oil company job Nigeria at 40, relocated and within 5 years, I now have footprints not only in Nigeria but in 2 North American countries. The western world is such that you can be what you want to be cos the system is an ideal one. However, the truth is Nigeria is a promising country and lots of people in Nigeria are doing better than some people in diaspora. So, ask yourself, do you have conviction about relocating cos if you are not convinced, stay back and make it work. it's not a bed of roses in Europe or America but if you are hardworking, resilient and surround yourself with the right people in diaspora, you MUST make it!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Ladiesdream: 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
saintkeppy:

With that #4M, Canada is possible.
I'm currently on it with a reliable contact.
Mention me or you send me a mail.
my mail princeapartments12@gmail.com
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by airsaylongcome: 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
nwadikeokey11:
What's wrong with that. My friend was around 52 when he migrated with his family to the US. Is 10yrs this year. So what do you mean by why he what to migrate at 40? Is 40yrs that too old to relocate to another country? My friend father and mother who are both also 80 migrated to US to go live with their son over there and is being close to 10yrs now. Keep shut if u don't have the means of moving instead of discouraging those who want to.

Haba! The circumstances of a 52 year old married man with wife and kids are completely different from those of a single 40 year old. Or a 80 year old migrating via family route. I think your choice of words were too harsh in your criticism
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by airsaylongcome: 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
prolifik83:

There re different route
1) Msc in UK, Malta, Finland, Australia and Austria
2) Msc in Canada
3) Care Giver route (UK and Canada)
Just do an extensive research online
All the best

Please remove Malta from that your list.

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by davidadenrele: 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hello,

This is my honest advise for you aside been a lawyer one of the best selling profession is quantity surveyors with the 4 million in your account its best you register your self a company and link up with properties household companies and agents personnel that could link you up for business, there's lot prospect being a Quantity Surveyor don't Japa look at the bright side of life what you need is connection find a way to register yourself in a social club like Lion's Club, Ikoyi Club, Polo club joined this club and make sure you an active member also make sure you have a complimentary card with you that will show your profession just one or two sales of property or lands worth billions my brother God don answer your call the rest is referral by clients my brother be hopeful there's opportunity for you here stay don't run.

As far your profession is concern going abroad now not will help you look around there are lot opportunities. Properties business is a Big Business just be hopeful and be honest you always see client remember when God pick your calls.

All the best

NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
Abeg no go anywhere, this country go soon beta. No place like home.

People still leave better countries to travel. People relocate for different reasons
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by saintkeppy(m): 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
post=124008741:
A lizard in Nigeria cannot become an Alligator in America.....

Who told you?

My friend's Girlfriend went to UK for her master's degree, she's done now &guess what, She sends money so they can purchase a piece of land in Uyo for her. Now if she was Nigeria, where she for get that kind money to buy a land days that things are expensive in Nigeria.

Next step she is sending more money for that land to be developed gradually.

If you have an opportunity to where the grass is greener why not?

3 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by sulaak(m): 5:20pm On Jun 24, 2023
nwadikeokey11:
What do u mean by why he want to migrate at 40? Is he too old enough at 40 to migrate? My friend was around 52 at the time he migrated to the US with his family in 2013. It's 10yrs now and his doing very well. My friend parents, father and mother who are both almost 80 migrated to the US at the request of their son who is a medical doctor there and they have been there for close to 10yrs now. I could go on and on and give u list of people I know who migrated outside Nigeria in their 40s 50s, 60s and so on, and they are doing fantastically well. Keep shut if u don't have the means of migrating instead of discouraging those who has got the means to move, with ur backward question.

Your friend is a medical doctor, his skills are in demand in the West.

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by sulaak(m): 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
saintkeppy:

Who told you?

My friend's Girlfriend went to UK for her master's degree, she's done now &guess what, She sends money so they can purchase a piece of land in Uyo for her. Now if she was Nigeria, where she for get that kind money to buy a land days that things are expensive in Nigeria.

Next step she is sending more money for that land to be developed gradually.

If you have an opportunity to where the grass is greener why not?

You should first ask her how she earns the money she sends.

I left Nigeria as a 22 years old man and it took me 4-5 years to settle down and I had a British passport.

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by overseasnbeyond: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
what is your qualification?
Do you have a registered business with CAC?
When last did you graduate from school?
What is your family size?

Osilama1:
how much did it cost??
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by overseasnbeyond: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
what is your qualification?
Do you have a registered business with CAC?
When last did you graduate from school?
What is your family size?

Osilama1:
how much did it cost??
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by saintkeppy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
sulaak:

You should first ask her how she earns the money she sends.

I left Nigeria as a 22 years old man and it took me 4-5 years to settle down and I had a British passport.

Na you dull yourself na, she works in a hospital, as one those casual worker, she's a very responsible, she's planning to settle down with that my friend. I had a video call with her early this month, she even told if I can japa I should do so that Nigeria may dull me to achieve what I want, that she's very OK in UK.

My inlaw is in UK too, done with his masters @University of East London late last year, he is doing fine, &he is consolidating, we do chat very well, sometimes he do assist where necessary

3 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Demonicide(f): 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
NotATroll:
My budget is 4m.
What are my options pls?
Thank you

You can try newzealand

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Mboi: 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
Trust22:
I have one for you... pls the package is 4.5mil to be paid immediatly your visa is approved... Country is Canada...
contact me on ajchinedu@gmail.com

pls this is work visa... It comes with PR, Job, and Accommodation
And you are still here in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by overseasnbeyond: 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
I would rather be a slave to the colonial master than being treated like a stepchild in my father's house.
If you know you know

Chetas81:
Slave always leave their motherland to serve their colonial masters 😜✍️✍️

4 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Mboi: 5:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
davidadenrele:
Hello,

This is my honest advise for you aside been a lawyer one of the best selling profession is quantity surveyors with the 4 million in your account its best you register your self a company and link up with properties household companies and agents personnel that could link you up for business, there's lot prospect being a Quantity Surveyor don't Japa look at the bright side of life what you need is connection find a way to register yourself in a social club like Lion's Club, Ikoyi Club, Polo club joined this club and make sure you an active member also make sure you have a complimentary card with you that will show your profession just one or two sales of property or lands worth billions my brother God don answer your call the rest is referral by clients my brother be hopeful there's opportunity for you here stay don't run.

As far your profession is concern going abroad now not will help you look around there are lot opportunities. Properties business is a Big Business just be hopeful and be honest you always see client remember when God pick your calls.

All the best

The way you guys talk eh? How much is it to register with Ikoyi club? You think you'll just wake up and register when you like?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Nigerian States,capital, Slogan And Attractions / How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.