Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? (36347 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by BRATISLAVA: 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2023
na2016:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Allow people make thier choices.

To him there's everything wrong with anyone else that isn't him wanting to leave Nigeria or have children. He believes all Nigerians are poor, stupid and ugly people, who should not reproduce, and that he's the chosen one who should do what he's not permitted them to do. As their god.

The more you see his posts, the more you observe he's actually preaching what he will never practice. Maybe when he gets to 30 he will start a different message here. Anything for the trolling disguised as wise pessimism.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by IrepChrist: 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
bidexdo:

Don't u see where he said he is single 🙄🙄

It's was deliberate

Mark 13:37
And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”

Alot of people are reading....
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
Mcslize:

He doesn't need to have someone in his destination country before he makes the move. All those that have been travelling for decades, majority don't know anyone in their destination countries.

Men should learn to brave up and always learn to tackle things heads on in life.

If you're waiting for someone to always be there for you before you do anything in this life, you will old.

Someone like me have grown up over the years to face life heads on, tackle challenges and don't always wait for anyone to spoon-feed me before embarking on any thing I want to do.

I believe parents should train their children to always face life heads-on without hoping on someone else or having someone somewhere before going for want you want as an individual. Such mindset of always hoping on others or wanting others to be there for you before facing life by yourself or embarking on a project, isn't an encouraging mindset I must say. It makes one looks lazy. Face life heads-on and with boldness as a man.

With that said, I will advice Op to make the move. He doesn't need to have someone there first. That's a receipt for laziness and discouragement.
This guy is 40, do you know how long it takes migrants with soft landing to make it let alone person wey no know anybody at 40. I guess you never travel out before else you won't advise a 40 year old man to start all over in a foreign land. I won't say that to a younger person. I wish him luck
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by dopedan(m): 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
Mcslize:

There is hope and I will show you. But first, do you have any experience in your field so far? If yes, how many years experience do you have?
Hello, im a fresh graduate of QS no experience yet
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Chetas81(m): 8:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
Bizzyman:

Who told you I am Nigerian? I only live in Nigeria. I am no Nigerian I don't subscribe to patriotism philosophy. I am an anti-patriot.

Let's Nigerians who want to go overseas go. Why are you pained they want to progress without Nigeria in the picture?
but you're not ashamed of your self by saying someone must develop their motherland because of the Nigerian future slave 😜✍️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Mcslize: 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2023
FrancisDiote:

This guy is 40, do you know how long it takes migrants with soft landing to make it let alone person wey no know anybody at 40. I guess you never travel out before else you won't advise a 40 year old man to start all over in a foreign land. I won't say that to a younger person. I wish him luck

Life doesn't end at 40. He is still very young.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by vickydevoka(m): 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Why do you wanna migrate at 40.
Y won't he? Single Ladies are moving to abroad at over 40 . Them plenty for UK. En come be guy. Things are very hard. You have to make life easy for yourself first. Even if you no marry , make sure say you no go suffer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by vickydevoka(m): 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
carixma:
I am in the same shoes, 40 I want to relocate to Canada either by express entry or study permit
What moves have you made
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by vickydevoka(m): 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Men it's not gonna be easy through express entry. At 40, you have almost zero points for age and Canada study permit hard die.
Study permit easy die, if na u go fund am yourself. ABI na scholarship u de talk
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by vickydevoka(m): 9:36pm On Jun 25, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
I relocated when i was 41,
Thank God I did.
Am better off here ...
Naso.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by vickydevoka(m): 9:44pm On Jun 25, 2023
FrancisDiote:
Forget your graduate certificate. At 40, i will advise you to stay back in Nigeria but if you must travel then you must have the following

1. Someone in your desired country who will give you a soft landing. At 40, without a soft landing, it will be extremely difficult but not impossible to survive

2. You must have a skill that is in demand in your country of choice, else before you find your way and get a job it will be difficult.

3. Lastly, if you must go to a non English speaking country then you must be communicating in that language before you travel.

All these things must be available before you travel because at 40, you need to start your Cashout asap. But if you don't have especially number one, bro stay back

Your opinion no de pay bill. So keep this to yourself. I wan make my children grow with me don make my guy turn to beggar. Person go just get 1 million and a job way dem go fit sack am , en go just go marry. Same lady way tell am I love you, go come de frustrate am. Now u go come die leave your children way you wan make en grow with you. Omo me I hate suffer simple. I no mind make I no marry like celebrities instead of me to marry come de suffer

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Mboi: 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
[quote author=davidadenrele post=124012698][/quote]
You see how mumu reach? Ndi high self esteem. I'm sure you didn't read the requirements to join the club. As you see 10k, that's all you need.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by leTrizzle: 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2023
yewit37486:

The cost of living is what is missing in your equation. Even if you earn $C45 per hour, it's not about just converting to naira because the country's expenses are much higher relative to expenses in Nig, and then factors like tax etc.
Very true, but you spend way less for basics over there than you do here.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by leTrizzle: 11:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
NotATroll:

Thing is I never had the chance to practice. Immediately I graduated i looked for jobs at related fields. Even offered to work for free so i could get experience but, i no know wetin I do people. Whenever i talk about learning from them they Ghost me. SO in order not to just dey like dat, I started looking for other means of hustling... Bolt, Poultry, and some other small small things... So as Tinubu don scatter e-hailing for us. No profit at all with he current fuel prize. there's no point again... so i wanna sell my car add small thing and look elsewhere.
I feel you bro, most firms either don't want a QS or want to pay peanuts as salary, had same issue many years ago, las las I bone practice. I hope to get back sha especially if Japa works out. All the best man.

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by saintkeppy(m): 6:02am On Jun 26, 2023
ednut1:
care giver is a minimum wage job . They typically earn 18 dols to 25 dols an hour not 45. After taxes in a month they will have about 2500 to 3000 dols a month

Okay, it may into that category, but I'm telling you what I was told, could be another form of caregiving who knows.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by davidadenrele: 8:56am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello,

That you can still be proud of your arrant ignorant, stupidity and senseless reasoning is what amazes me are you this dump or is it that you obviously can't read or understand i didn't want to the trade insult with you out of the respect that you are ignorant of the fact, there's no big deal joining any social club once you know what the financial obligations are, and the requirement but now that you want to display your high level of stupidity let me help you with it, it will be free of charge.

Since you obviously didn't understand the part where an individual can join Ikoyi Club here its for individual ooo so tell me how someone with 4m will not be able to join such a club aside the requirement which state that a professional should have been in practice for 10YRs.

Throw you next stupid punch with fact!!!

PROFESSIONALS – 10 years in practice and must be a Partner in the company

DIPLOMATIC BODY – 3rd Secretary

*Individual must be an exceptional talent and a high flyer
*Please note that COMPANY AUDITED ACCOUNT must be submitted with the application forms
N.B The OP in this case is an exceptional talent and a high flyer a graduate of Quantity Survey with 4m in his kitty!!
STEP 1

An intending candidate must first obtain and complete the WHITE FORM (₦ 10,000.00) through a Financial ordinary member whose membership must not be less than two (2) years or a life member as condition precedent before being considered as a person who can join IKOYI CLUB 1938

STEP 2

The duly completed WHITE FORM with the signature of sectional chairmen should be submitted to the membership manager.

STEP 3

The membership sub-committee shall thereafter screen the candidate through an interview of the candidate and his proposer. At the interview, the sub-committee shall be at liberty to call for relevant document such as marriage certificates, evidence of professional and educational qualification, audited account/reports etc. after which any of the candidates found suitable shall be issued with a WHITE FORM (₦50,000) AND GREEN FORM (₦100,000)

STEP 4

The candidate shall complete the GREEN CARD who shall be sponsored and seconded by two ordinary members who are:

Paid up members
Members of the club of not less than two (2) years standing
Know the candidate personally for five (5) years or more

STEP 5

The GREEN CARD will be presented to the Membership Office for preparation of bill.

STEP 6

Payment is made to the club and the candidate is given a temporary membership card, which is to be surrendered on the day of induction. The validity of the GREEN CARD is three (3) month from the date of issue.

Mboi:

You see how mumu reach? Ndi high self esteem. I'm sure you didn't read the requirements to join the club. As you see 10k, that's all you need.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by NotATroll: 9:02am On Jun 26, 2023
leTrizzle:

I feel you bro, most firms either don't want a QS or want to pay peanuts as salary, had same issue many years ago, las las I bone practice. I hope to get back sha especially if Japa works out. All the best man.

Thanks brother
Wish ya the best too

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Mboi: 10:20am On Jun 26, 2023
davidadenrele:
Hello,

That you can still be proud of your arrant ignorant, stupidity and senseless reasoning is what amazes me are you this dump or is it that you obviously can't read or understand i didn't want to the trade insult with you out of the respect that you are ignorant of the fact, there's no big deal joining any social club once you know what the financial obligations are, and the requirement but now that you want to display your high level of stupidity let me help you with it, it will be free of charge.

Since you obviously didn't understand the part where an individual can join Ikoyi Club here its for individual ooo so tell me how someone with 4m will not be able to join such a club aside the requirement which state that a professional should have been in practice for 10YRs.

*Please note that COMPANY AUDITED ACCOUNT must be submitted with the application forms
N.B The OP in this case is an exceptional talent and a high flyer a graduate of Quantity Survey with 4m in his kitty!!
STEP 1

An intending candidate must first obtain and complete the WHITE FORM (₦ 10,000.00) through a Financial ordinary member whose membership must not be less than two (2) years or a life member as condition precedent before being considered as a person who can join IKOYI CLUB 1938

STEP 2

The duly completed WHITE FORM with the signature of sectional chairmen should be submitted to the membership manager.

STEP 3

The membership sub-committee shall thereafter screen the candidate through an interview of the candidate and his proposer. At the interview, the sub-committee shall be at liberty to call for relevant document such as marriage certificates, evidence of professional and educational qualification, audited account/reports etc. after which any of the candidates found suitable shall be issued with a WHITE FORM (₦50,000) AND GREEN FORM (₦100,000)

STEP 4

The candidate shall complete the GREEN CARD who shall be sponsored and seconded by two ordinary members who are:

Paid up members

STEP 5

The GREEN CARD will be presented to the Membership Office for preparation of bill.

STEP 6

Payment is made to the club and the candidate is given a temporary membership card, which is to be surrendered on the day of induction. The validity of the GREEN CARD is three (3) month from the date of issue.

Go and check again, the status of the person you advised to join Ikoyi club and then you'll understand how foolish you have been all these while with reference to the requirements you're posting here up & down. All of you children with no practical life experience will be constituting nuisance everywhere.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by VTJN(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2023
emmybobo1:

No you can’t. How can you claim to have a 4.43 CGPA and couldn’t do a simply research on your own.
I have done neccesary findings. I'm only sceptical considering the fact that i wouldn't be writing GRE
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by overseasnbeyond: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2023
Getting here is not easy though but if you are determined, it will work out good for you.

My first job was housekeeping in the hotel and I tell you the Indians are wicked and mean,
the pay was $4 per room, and it sometimes takes 45 minutes to make a room ready if badly used, you may be fortunate to just have a room you can clean for 25 minutes but always 1 out of 50 rooms.
somedays you get tips but some no tips
unopened soda left in the fridge as tip sometimes but if I come across pizza, I might sit and eat before cleaning because the struggle was real then.
Somedays I packed snow on drive way for $100 for two hours for dunkin donut near the hotel.
You got to be ready for the challenge and endure.

author=cutieme post=124043275]
Nice one bro, it's glaring that you are doing well and ofcourse you made the right decision japaring from here.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Guest911: 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2023
Mymumhope:

Please is it possible getting a school visa in Canada ...I want to go for my master's degree. I'm just 27 years and I have a sponsor already but I dont know how to go about it.... I've surfed and surfed the internet , all to no avail
Please how can you help me. If I can get the work also I’ll appreciate
But let me know which is better please
Send me a PM I'll add you to the telegram group for students, gather information from there make an informed decision. it's a DIY group. No agents involved

2 Likes

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Ruuchiinaa: 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2023
Am I also free to send you a PM?

Guest911:

Send me a PM I'll add you to the telegram group for students, gather information from there make an informed decision. it's a DIY group. No agents involved

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by ganzer4real: 4:56am On Jun 27, 2023
I will really appreciate if you can also add me to the DIY group 09054012880
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by damzy88: 3:20am On Jun 28, 2023
grin grin
vickydevoka:

Your opinion no de pay bill. So keep this to yourself. I wan make my children grow with me don make my guy turn to beggar. Person go just get 1 million and a job way dem go fit sack am , en go just go marry. Same lady way tell am I love you, go come de frustrate am. Now u go come die leave your children way you wan make en grow with you. Omo me I hate suffer simple. I no mind make I no marry like celebrities instead of me to marry come de suffer
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by Acme45: 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
kushe:
I really don't understand how moving abroad is such a big deal when the country is not at war or one is fleeing genocide.
So after you all leave,who is going to fix the mess ?
Personally those who have escaped should not contribute to the goings on over here in naija.
They should face their new home and challenge the status quo where they now reside,afterall, they are citizens of the world.
pls stay and fix it for us God bless you

1 Like

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by biggal: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
Please Sir add me to the group

Guest911:

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by biggal: 11:15pm On Jul 01, 2023
Seems like PhD is tuition is cheaper. I wish to finish msc here and start hunting for PhD there. Agric econs.
Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by upengineer: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
What are the benefits of joining. Pardon my ignorance, just want to know because of these their requirements

davidadenrele:
Hello,

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

STEP 4

Paid up members

STEP 5

STEP 6

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by davidadenrele: 12:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
The benefits of joining a social club are many of the major opportunity is the opportunity to meet MD's CEO's Pioneers, Professionals, Captains of Industries, who are in the same field as yours as well as other career fields,people you will not be privilege to see on a normal business working day not only that it will be an opportunity for you to meet some of this elites one on one in sharing your business ideas and discuss business opportunities exchange business ideas that will leads to major business contracts, you will also enjoy the benefit of you exchanging your contact for business referrals, aside the discussion you will be able to build business network and contact to high places.

Imagine a platform where you will be able to meet people like Dangote, and Femi Otedola.

watch this video clip it will help you alot..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8cs41tWOXk.

upengineer:
What are the benefits of joining. Pardon my ignorance, just want to know because of these their requirements

Re: Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? by nwadikeokey11: 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
davidadenrele:

The benefits of joining a social club are many of the major opportunity is the opportunity to meet MD's CEO's Pioneers, Professionals, Captains of Industries, who are in the same field as yours as well as other career fields,people you will not be privilege to see on a normal business working day not only that it will be an opportunity for you to meet some of this elites one on one in sharing your business ideas and discuss business opportunities exchange business ideas that will leads to major business contracts, you will also enjoy the benefit of you exchanging your contact for business referrals, aside the discussion you will be able to build business network and contact to high places.

Imagine a platform where you will be able to meet people like Dangote, and Femi Otedola.

watch this video clip it will help you alot..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8cs41tWOXk.

This is exactly how so many people who are now regretting it joined secret society, cult without knowing it, before they realized what was happening it was already too late. People should be careful of most of these so called social clubs. For they are secret cults in disguise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? / Nigerian States,capital, Slogan And Attractions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.