Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help (20355 Views)

I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Deewhy9993(m): 6:01am On Jun 26, 2023
We can't just conclude pastor's fake.

Bro, it's your life here go talk to God on your own and don't let the dictates of an MOG influence your relationship life.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Ifebazz(m): 6:04am On Jun 26, 2023
Well I don’t know what to think about you for starters.
1. You have a ‘Rev Father’ (well I don’t even know the type of congregation) and still have a ‘woman’ who prays for you. Speaks volumes.
2. Your soon-to-be mother in-law seeks to know tomorrow from today. A serious red flag for me except that’s what you’re into too.
3. She has not one nor two, but three pastors (or maybe more) where she sought to know your future. Hmm, see Morocco, see Spain.
4. Your girlfriend asked her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it. I already have an idea of how you guys probably met. Re: number point.

Conclusion: You are not rooted in your Christian beliefs if you have to rely on so many people and venues for your confirmation of faith. Just face your juju worship because that’s obviously what you’re destined to worship from several sources.
Another thing, you actually don’t ‘know for sure’ that she loves you till her pastors have finished turning her probably gullible mind. That’s when can confirm that your claim.
Have a great wedding.

klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said marriage is a decision both of us will take and pray about it.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

Guys, have you experienced this before? What do you think? I am confused.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by DJInfluence: 6:11am On Jun 26, 2023
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

Dude, ask yourself just one question. Pastors can see the future and it's the future of your marriage they decided to focus on, why?
If you can answer why, then you get your answer.
Advice..... Don't be gullible. You are in the relationship, you should know if it will work. Have you noticed any red flags in your GF? Do you have red flags of your own? Are there deal breakers or something you can both work on genuinely to make green flags? These are the things you should focus on. Don't let no man, I repeat, no man tell you what you can and can't achieve.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Basicend: 6:17am On Jun 26, 2023
Obakoolex:
undecided Because you're broke bro.

No lady's mom will say that to a governor's son grin

Well, your head get oil bruv.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by nurusystem(m): 6:48am On Jun 26, 2023
them go rip you off, don't mind them,I see compatibility between two of you.be free and pray by yourself.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by okunega1: 7:44am On Jun 26, 2023
You yourself will be the problem of your marriage if you are not careful because you want to build home on what soothsayers are saying. Continue deh play. Continue listening to them. Very soon they will tell you your mother is the cause
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Raylight2(m): 8:42am On Jun 26, 2023
klimkid:

Why una dey consult prayer houses up and down?
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by millstone(m): 8:47am On Jun 26, 2023
klimkid:

Is it so difficult to pray on your own? Go on a fast 6-6 for a week and you'll have clarity!
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by millionboi2: 9:58am On Jun 26, 2023
klimkid:

you are a fool for seeking pastors approval over who you marry.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by millionboi2: 9:59am On Jun 26, 2023
Raylight2:

Why una dey consult prayer houses up and down?
I don't know, looking for trouble were thy is non.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by segyoms: 10:08am On Jun 26, 2023
My brother na human being dey roll the dice na God dey give two six...Look unto God
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by opapapilo(m): 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
dude, be careful o...na dis mindset ur babe go carry enter dis marriage o, plus her family side...marriage no be jst sometin u can enter n opt out at will...give it time n pray....

my own share
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by litaninja(m): 7:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
Na money you no get or e no reach....no stress yourself.

klimkid:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Four Children On Her First Delivery In Jigawa. Photos / My Dad Breaks Me Down Everyday / Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.