Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help (20374 Views)

I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Didi2d(m): 11:33am On Jun 25, 2023
Walk away now
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by isabi2lof: 11:33am On Jun 25, 2023
Both of you should pray for the union
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Oluwaseunbandur: 11:33am On Jun 25, 2023
Nothing concern God and marriage..
Marriage is about understanding and commitment, even all una pastors dey divorce.... metweeeew
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by 1Sharon(f): 11:36am On Jun 25, 2023
She just doesn't like you. She's hiding behind pastors.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Praktikals(m): 11:36am On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said marriage is a decision both of us will take and pray about it.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

Guys, have you experienced this before? What do you think? I am confused.
Your Rev. Father is absolutely right

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by chris4gold(m): 11:37am On Jun 25, 2023
Better run for your dear life.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Savechild23: 11:38am On Jun 25, 2023
Stay focused
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Paade: 11:39am On Jun 25, 2023
Lolzzz
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by XtraFortunes: 11:39am On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

Shebe some pastors said tilumbu won't be sworn in? Majority are fake pastors scamming people with religion undecided
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by BiGVEEN58(m): 11:40am On Jun 25, 2023
Na lie. Nah she nor like you

Either way, run. That union nor go favor you.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by talented321: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2023
Your mother inlaw to be before, hate u.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by treatise: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Run and again run

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Loadedtheory: 11:43am On Jun 25, 2023
Avoid the family at all cost. Any family that have an iota of fetishness will be big trouble for you later on.

Congrats on dodging the rpg

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2023
I steer clear of people like this. People who are always looking for something that will break in something good. Always moving from pastor to pastor. Not for me.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by TheGift: 11:44am On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

You are confused because you believe more in other Men like you than in yourself and in God.

You are confused because you are looking for answers when you already know what it is.

A Man shall leave His father and mother ( talk less of pastor who has their own father , mother and spouse) and be joined to his Wife.

Marriage is for Men. Men have a clear sense of their identity. Men are purposeful, Men are decisive. If you are not all this to a large extent , you are not ready to be Man.

See how different "spiritualists" are giving you different answers? Just like Job's friends were giving him very different wise sounding answers, yet they were all wrong.

Nobody knows you better than you know yourself, nobody can pray for you better than yourself .

What you and your wife need to do right now, is decide if you want to go ahead and get
Marrried (not for anybody but yourselves)

If yes, decide what kind of marriage you want to have. Then get a professionally trained marriage counselor (NOTE: not pastor) to help you talk through the challenges you may face and the tools you MAY need to deal with it, and build the marriage of your choice.

The rest will be up to you ( not any spiritualist or prayer warrior) to water and tend your garden if you want it to be fruitful and colorful.

Husbands love your wives. Wives respect your husband. You can't love without respecting and you can't respect without choosing love. That's all. Everything else, Na jara.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by blaise26abj(m): 11:44am On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Lol . All these scammers . They are just betting against the high divorce rates . When they get it right , those women that patronize them will tell all their friends that believe in such things that they have one powerful prophet . That’s how the prophet keep cashing out or using those women for sexual gratifications .

My advice is work on yourself and give your best . Marriage is not for the faint hearted . Pray and keep working with your wife . Beware of your mother Inlaw sha . In-laws that visit spiritualists can constitute nuisance in your home .

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by EDOSBROWN: 11:44am On Jun 25, 2023
The ball is in ur court, play it as u like,

Years back, me and friend went to see a traditionist, he said if he leave his current girlfriend then, he will die poor.

Years later, we both became Christian and the pastor of the church then, said if we leave that church, we will be poor.

Guess what, my friend dump the girlfriend, we left the church, my friend is very rich with at least 10 houses, he is based in the States, why I have a business in Naija,
Take charge, ur destiny is in our hand.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by eminikansoso(m): 11:45am On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

The woman don find another Rich Man for her daughter.
Move on Guy

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by mamdanju: 11:46am On Jun 25, 2023
What is wrong with your brain OP. The future belongs to God alone. Marriage works when both parties commit to make it work. Pastors claiming to see vision for others and yet not seeing it for themselves. See how T.B Geshua ended and see the lies many of your pastor's made about the election. Is this not enough lesson for you to put your trust in God alone and not men?

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Opanka44(m): 11:47am On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Respectfully speaking, you're still myopic to believe all these Nonsense from all these fake Men of god

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by vengertime: 11:47am On Jun 25, 2023
Your girlfriend mother is the god, run for your life.

Guys stay away from girls whose mother control. 99.9% of the time the marriage always end in tragic way

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Buhari4sale: 11:48am On Jun 25, 2023
Bros, leave that girl and move on with your life. So many mysteries are always hidden behind the journey of marriage. Thank God your mother in law is able to do some findings and if its other way round, it's a plus for you to know the kind of mother in law you would have to deal with it. Remember, mother in law is the real bride mouth piece and engine room... So save yourself from awaiting trouble and problems by just boarding on the next available flight to an unknown land of single and searching with peace of mind. Spiritual controls the physical.. The World is interesting due to different problems we encounter irrespective of our family background grin

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by chukkystar(m): 11:48am On Jun 25, 2023
U be Man and U can't talk to God Yourself. Na pastor and reverend u dey wait for. Weldone Sir

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Macgyver1: 11:49am On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Lol people never cease to amaze me. Seek the face of God yourself and forget about the so called men of God
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:49am On Jun 25, 2023
frozen70:

The moment you start going to pastors and those prophets
You will hardly get a positive outcome from what you went there for
The next thing they will program your mind to do their bidding

But if two of you goes to God with prayers, you will get positive response immediately

You are a catholic, go to the blessed sacrament, God is waiting for you to make your heart desire prayer request there

Exactly. The moment you start visiting those guys your problem begins. Once a family member starts visiting them problems begin to arise in that family.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Menastirith: 11:51am On Jun 25, 2023
God of men lipsrsealed
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by moneyissweet(m): 11:52am On Jun 25, 2023
She said so because you are broke now,she wouldn't have said the same thing if you are Obi Cubanna.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by franvincoop: 11:52am On Jun 25, 2023
1. I can never experience such rubbish.
2. You are no different from Peter Obi who got advise from a mad man.
See the pple who r influencing your life, some funny pple whom were called by hunger and not God called pastors who just want to create drama by any means necessary to ensnare you , A prayer warrior in Lagos whom you are paying to pray for you, A reverend father who worships idols.
My guy, if na these pple dey confuse your head, make u get mind come nairaland pose dis problem, then you are as lost as the Titan unless you can unhear what you have heard and return back to your state of mind with your gf b4 u heard this false prophecies.
Na for your babe to follow you and marry you or not or she follow her mama and the prophecy and you find new gf.
Qui sera sera. Peace
klimkid:

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Kavod: 11:53am On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

LET ME JUST BE BLUNT HERE. IF HER MOTHER HAD TI SAY 3 DIFFERENT PASTORS AND YOUR FIANCEE HAD THE GUTS TO TELL YOU. THEN ITS OBVIOUS YOU ARE NOT THE PREFERRED SUITOR AND YOU DO NOT HAVE THE KIND OF MONEY TO SATISFY YOUR FIANCEE AND MOTHERS GREED. SIMPLE.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by 12345baba(m): 11:55am On Jun 25, 2023
Ana ekwuyeli on a steady
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by thisisit: 11:55am On Jun 25, 2023
IT'S TRUE.. IT WILL NOT WORK.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by melviniyke2002(m): 11:56am On Jun 25, 2023
Bros dont listen to d mother....just gv am belle.......d rest nah history shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Dad Breaks Me Down Everyday / 6 Ways To Be A Better Listener / Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.