Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help (20375 Views)

I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 3:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
Don't mind them.
What is your conviction from God.
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said marriage is a decision both of us will take and pray about it.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

Guys, have you experienced this before? What do you think? I am confused.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Myer(m): 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

First, it's a blessing and I am happy for you that you find peace with your lady friend.

When it comes to prophecy, it is a very sensitive gift and ministry.
Sound pastors will tell you not to seek prophecies especially from people you're not spiritually under.
Even those you are under may mislead you, how much more those you're not under.

Now concerning the visions the Prophets saw, they may both have seen skme thing but they only saw in part, which is why prophecy is a delicate gift. But we are advised not to despise prophecy but test all spirits and hold on to what's true. 1 Thes 5:20

More important than what anyone prophesies is that you should know that marriage is a very sensitive institution and a new level of glory for both of you.
So you both must be spiritually and other wise ready for it. And I mean in Christ.

Because it comes with a lot of spiritual baggages- you inherit both the blessings and battles of both your families.

If there's is any thing you must do, be sure both of you are born again. By this I mean that Jesus Christ is your LORD and Saviour.
You're not Christians because you were born into Christian homes but that you have both submitted to the Word of God and both have personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and you serve God in one capacity or another in His Kingdom.

God can cancel any evil prophecies once He knows you love Him and love one another. Because Love covers multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Sunmolar(m): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2023
Love Keh?

Only time reveals
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Menclothing: 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2023
She is leingto you and her daughter
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by spiralwedge(m): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
You better run ooo
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by okewumi: 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2023
Tell her to watch 2023 election prophesy. The are criminals doing permutations.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by vickydevoka(m): 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

WIC marriage the work for Nigeria today. Na manage, every body the manage am. Abi u no hear of Bank w
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by vannessa7(f): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2023
alobright17:
Who do Chinese people meet and hear from before getting married?

Lol🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Galaxydon1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2023
It seems you are poor,, double ur hustle, if you are rich she won't have time to ask pastors a silly question

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Almuhyi(m): 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
No only her daughter dey this world.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by vannessa7(f): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
Though I'm late to the party, I want to advise you from my wealth of experience, hmm, marriage is a very crucial part of a persons life, through marriage one can lose his destiny, one can lose eternity in heaven and be a candidate of hell, one can inherit so much evil or so much good that you will become another person and only you will know, the day you say I do if you are very observant you will notice a new feeling because you have become one with the other person, you inherit their family anointing or whatever rules in that family.
Anyway, I just want you to know that different churches and pastors are under different anointing and calling thus they will 'see' based on what their church anointing can handle. Which means a marriage can work in one church and if the couple move to another church of different type they start having problems, a life that may succeed in one church may be having challenges in another church depending on what that destiny or marriage needs per time and based on their spiritual health. Thus it's possible for pastors to see different things depending on the anointing under which they operate, a deliverance pastor is different from a holiness pastor or a prosperity pastor etc, thus your best bet is to seek the face of God yourself haven separated yourself for prayers and fasting for a while, your girlfriend should be able to do this because women hear the spiritual easily. All you need to do is to tell the holy spirit to reveal to you if the woman you want to marry is the right one for you or not, mention her name, pray this prayer before you sleep daily, read your Bible and pray with your heart daily, you will get answer.

Don't go into marriage without getting an authentic spiritual approval because we only know what we see, there are many mysteries that even people in a family cannot understand about their own family until they marry wrongly it will start manifesting, don't put a square peg in a round hole, if you put all your efforts and get it right once, you can then relax and know that even when life challenges shakes your home you will not think of divorce and you will know the storm will pass because you are not in the wrong place. People say God is not interested in marriage yet a bad marriage can lead to dysfunctional individuals who becomes enemies of God. I pray you take the right decisions eventually.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by kevinexit(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2023
Blackskinned:
Op you'll have to use your head cos you will be given numerous contradicting advice.

I will also advise you ask your girlfriends what she wants.
But don't take my advice serious, I'm just a single guy.

grin grin grin you nor fit kill me with laff
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by DMerciful(m): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2023
Religion is fake. Marry who you love snd who loves you
klimkid:

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by DrDunamis(m): 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Of course you'll be confused after eating different dishes and now the combination is upsetting your stomach. I'm not referring to foods here neither talking about you moving with different ladies. I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU DOING CHURCH PROSTITUTION.
WHAT IS CHURCH PROSTITUTION?
JUMPING FROM ONE CHURCH TO ANOTHER.
NOW YOU DON'T KNOW WHO TO LISTEN TO.
YOU HAD BETTER LISTEN TO YOUR REVEREND and stop your church PROSTITUTION.
Stay one place and be nourished with God's word.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by elmagnifico411(m): 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2023
I have heard and experienced it before, Not new at all. There's this female friend of mine thats been dating her guy for more than five years. When it was time for them to take it to the next level, her mom went to pray shaaa... It was said that the marriage won't last, that the guy would die.. Omo, no be small thing.. to cut it short, they're married, have a kid, and their love is waxing stronger..

My advice for you; do not be confused. Instead, stand in d place of prayer and see God's face. If u get a "go ahead" in your spirit, then go on. Their are so many confused pastors out there destroying people's happiness. And their also some that would genuinely see nothing, but must pass a message across cos the person that came to them must go with something..

In all, you and your madam can go into fasting and praying, and agree on wateva u want to do.. do not forget, her mom would try everything possible for it not to work.. no forget to hand her over to God. Ire o
klimkid:

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Safyqueen: 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
siofragspot:

I think you should believe in your dreams and make them a reality. Fake pastors and imams everywhere, especially in Africa

Leave Islam/imam from your mess. Park it alone. Imams only leads prayers in the mosques, they are not allowed to predict tomorrow in Islam. Only pastors does that. Name one imam that says Tinubu will either win or even lose, no imam. The op also mentioned pastors on the topic, what brought imam into the topic.
Get it into your skull that a herbalist can be a Muslim or of any religion, that doesn't make him imam. A soothsayer is not qualified to be an imam in Islam because he is then not qualified to lead prayers.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by siofragspot: 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
Safyqueen:

Leave Islam/imam from your mess. Park it alone. Imams only leads prayers in the mosques, they are not allowed to predict tomorrow in Islam. Only pastors does that. Name one imam that says Tinubu will either win or even lose, no imam. The op also mentioned pastors on the topic, what brought imam into the topic.
Get it into your skull that a herbalist can be a Muslim or of any religion, that doesn't make him imam. A soothsayer is not qualified to be an imam in Islam because he is then not qualified to lead prayers.

Salaaaaaaaam!
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by GOSPELTRUTH31: 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

May your eyes be open to see the handwriting on the wall.
People are wise when Their is no emotions involved in a relationship.
Relationship can be business,job,etc

But when it comes to marriage people become dumb and can't think straight.

God after he made man told man to have Dominion
Now your emotions and feelings have Dominion over you.
It's an error.
Whatever that controls your emotions
You become slave to it.

My personal advice
You don't know what marriage especially what a Nigerian marriage entails

In Nigeria you marry the family of your wife
And if the family is telling you no in the name of Religion

I will advise you to let go of the 3 years you are clinching to and wake up from this emotional confusion,

Marriage is not a do or die affair
You won't go to hell if you don't marry her
Not marrying her won't stop you from becoming happy in life

For the record most of this pastors can't hear anything from God.
May you hear God for your self
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by profmallor: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
Forget all those confusing prophecies., they are all men like you. Staring from Tomorrow commence 7 days fasting to break 6pm daily. You only prayer point is God show me if this marriage would work. Pray that every hour for 10 mins. You will see it all by yourself. By Day 5 your spirit would be awaken, but you wont be able to do it if you are lazy, you ld rather rely on what other men see about your life.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Munzy14(m): 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

The bolded is something I enjoyed about Catholic, Anglican and Methodist.

People use psychology on you people in the name of being or answering pastor..😑
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by chatinent: 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
No one whosoever and whatsoever can dictate who I will marry.

Read my lips.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Sureboyy(m): 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
Candidlady:
Keep looking for people that will pray for you to know if your marriage will work or not

Naija people sef

No mind the werey, him never ready to marry be that
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Afromentalist: 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2023
It's because you don't have money. If you get money, the pastor go hear god clearly
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by eepeepook: 7:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
There are people called marriage counselors. Last I remember, it wasn’t the role of pastors.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by sihamey: 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

You don’t need prayers to know if marriage will work or not while courting you should observe red flags. If you are compatible you should know. Why visiting prayer house to know marriage that will work when God has given you number 6. Make Use of it

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by bluefilm: 7:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
But why must some people consult their pastors before they go into marriage?

Is the pastor all-knowing or what?

Nonsense. angry

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by SpaceAngel: 8:01pm On Jun 25, 2023
The sooner you look elsewhere the better for you.

People that are already predicting doom will be same to say didn't we warn you when you have slight issue in your marriage and mess up your psychological state.

Sorry for you if you go ahead. Your future mother in-law may be the cog in the wheel of progress with pastor predicting things. Same pastor's that predicted fake election results or some other types.

The marriage has already failed even before starting.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by efficiencie(m): 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Your mother in law does not like you and she is using "pastor say" to push you away. Perhaps it is because you are not rich enough and she has a richer candidate she is targeting. This should be your strategy.
(1) You and your girl need to be patient to know where your mother in law is going. If she suggests an alternative suitor then know she has been lying all along. But if it turns out that she is not lying then seek more counsel from pastors and elders about this matter.
(2) If your mother in law is lying then you and your girl should STAND YOUR GROUND. She must know that both of you are stuck on each other and there are no alternatives.
(3) Increase your bond with your woman. Ladies are impressionable particularly by their parents so increase your communication with your woman.
(4) Carry your family along as well.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by IgweGod: 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it

I did experience it and I had to end it cox her family didn't want to hear anything about us and she was pressured to let go of the relationship so I made it ease for her.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Dadadididacontr: 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
Please let her go, the said word is an old strategy to deny your prospect in marriage to her daughter.

Please go and make more money and get a better Lady.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by blahc007: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2023
No Pastor tell your babe mumsy anything....she no wan mek u marry her daughter....maybe your pocket no too heavy undecided

We don hear this kyn Tory many times...
No be tode we see say fowl no de piss...

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by godofuck231: 9:36pm On Jun 25, 2023
In 5 year time when her nipples touches her nevel after they are don with her, the marriage can now work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Dad Breaks Me Down Everyday / 6 Ways To Be A Better Listener / Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.