Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,400 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help (20377 Views)

I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Originalsly: 11:56am On Jun 25, 2023
The girl may be the one for you .... but you are not ready for marriage. As a husband ... you have to be the one wearing the pants ... the leader ... the decision maker (not saying you don't have to discuss with your wife)... among other things. Now here you are depending on "outsiders" to make decisions for you.... even to pray. Is this how when you marry everybody will be up in your business ? Learn to make decisions on your own.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Mrklemo(m): 11:58am On Jun 25, 2023
If your genotype is compatible. Bros you are free to marry anybody. Just pray to God alone.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Kavod: 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said marriage is a decision both of us will take and pray about it.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

Guys, have you experienced this before? What do you think? I am confused.
THE BEST APPROACH.... JUST WALK AWAY FROM THIS DECEPTIVE UNION WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE. PARENTS IN NIGERIA NO LONGER GIVE THEIR DAUGHTERS OUT FOR MARRIAGE ANYMORE. THEY SELL THEM AND ITS OBVIOUS YOU CANT BUY HER, IF YOU FOLLOW THROUGH BE READY FOR A VERY PAINFUL MARRIAGE WITH REGRETS AND DISRESPECTS WITH EXTREME DEPRESSION. BEFORE YOU START TO DE FATHER ANOTHER MAN KIDS. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, YOU NOR SMART AT ALLLLLLLLLLL. THE OTHER SUITOR DE AROUND YOU THERE. UNA BE TWO BUT YOU NOR GET MONEY REACH AM. SEE THESE KIND OF MOTHERS THAT HIDE BEHIND CHURCHES AND PASTORS? THEY WOULD RATHER GIVE THEIR DAUGHTERS TO A MARRIED WEALTHY MAN AS SECOND WIFE AND JUSTIFY WITH A BIBLE STORY OR VERSE THAN GIVE YOU
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Ajalalomo: 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

I know you believe that nonsense. The simple truth is that the woman believes you’re not a fit for her daughter.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by pachigo001(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
No pastor can predict the future let them keep deceiving people
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by biggz82: 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
Bros na because you no get money
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
This fake and negative thoughts 💭 that your marriage won’t work will destroy your marriage because you will always be conscious of it
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Ashirioluwa: 12:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
@klimkid

I know you believe that nonsense. The woman is the pastor.

The woman doesn't think you're a good fit for her daughter, and that is the basic reality.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by esanmantruth: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
Highest deliverance and God just helped you by using the mother to tell you the truth. That marriage is going to be hell for you. God loves you that is why he speaks through her household and whatever you face don’t blame God or her family. Run for your life. If her mum don’t want love you she won’t tell you. I am passing through problem today because I felt I can change it for God even when many told me is hell. Please not pastor pray that trouble should turn it apart if is not the will of God

klimkid:

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by goodconsience77: 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2023
You better don't go to such marriage because as I'm looking at it ur mother isn't in support of d marriage that's y she has to go for pastors to make further enquiry about it. If anything happens to that marriage in future the same lady u want to pity will blame u for not listening to ur mother's advice. Pls I'm talking from experience my brother.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Ashirioluwa: 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
The claim that the pastor said this or that is just an excuse to get rid of you.

This is nothing but planned work between your so-called girl and her mom.

They no longer desire you, so it's time for you to move on.

@klimkid

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Flawless18: 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
[color=#990000][/color] Comrade, try to pray to God to give you the strength to survive the pains to endure the heartbreak of leaving that girl for her mum. F*ck any pastor’s saying bro… that woman doesn’t want you to marry her daughter for the reason(s) best known to her. It’s just a conspiracy bro, no pastor says no sh*t. Look for another lady and enjoy peace and rest of mind. If you forcefully marry this girl, write in down, YOU DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME! Talking from experience bro. Aabo oro laa so F’omoluabi, t’oba d’enu e aa d’odindi 🥸
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by alobright17(m): 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Who do Chinese people meet and hear from before getting married?
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Ashirioluwa: 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
biggz82:
Bros na because you no get money

You said it all. That’s just the simple truth
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by samwash(m): 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
There's no pastor anywhere telling the mother such things.
The mother don't want you as a son-in-law.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Jahsdaughter052(f): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2023
OP you don't need any pastor to advise you . The only and the best thing to do is to Pray to God by yourself. Pour out your Heart to God in Prayer and see how he will help you out
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by hyperflex(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Some, not one pastor. You're a man so act like one. Do your own research outside. When you do it and they tell you the same thing you have to take it seriously.
Blind defiance of spiritual messages is just an unnecessary risk. Do your research. Ask for a spiritual pastor not ordinary one. Ordinary one will just tell you what anyone here can. Alfa or Ifa priest too. You just wanna know and Ifa sheds light on our journey. Don't just take risks. Take calculated one. Whatever loopholes there would be in your marriage you would know if it's ones you can avert or manage. And if you're not compatible just leave the relationship. You would doing her a favor also. Stay wise
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Mazzkenny: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2023
All of the Padtors are fake because no one told you guys the truth that...

You guys are adulterers
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by uncleade(m): 12:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
Do you still believe in Nigerian pastors after all that happened before, during, and after this past election?
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Emmanuel909090: 12:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
If she and her mum likes, they can let, prediction deceive them
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by wunmi590(m): 12:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

I'm a catholic, reason you can never see me jump from one pentecostal church to another...

What the Rev. Fr. said is right, you can pray on your own, it takes two to tango, you shouldn't be allowing one person be lying to you all in the name of being a pastor and concocting prophesy...

I'm a Christian, but I've limit to what a pastor can tell me that I will believe him, we have alot of fake pastors and fake prophecy these days.

I wish you success

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by phemmyfour: 12:39pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Stop living your life based on prophecy. The last election should have told you that naija pastors are unreliable. Put in the work and your relationship will work depending on your partner

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by thesilentman(m): 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
Op,i believe the mother thinks you are not financially capable to take care of their daughter in the event of marriage.It has happened to me before...and i put it to you that your mother-in-law-to-be is probably living in reduced circumstances.Believe me,the daughter will never disobey her mum on this.Better get yourself another woman.Forget everything you've invested on her.You will credit me the day your gal tells you she can she loves you but can't just disobey her mum.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Zealag(m): 12:42pm On Jun 25, 2023
Tell her to tell the pastor's that dey must come and marry her daughter,because why will you pursue flies from eating poo when you won't like to near or touch the poo
Yahoo Pastors undecided
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by mastermaestro(m): 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
When you are ready to marry, you will stop going everywhere to ask if it would work. You are not ready yet.

Ask her directly if her mum doesn't approve of the relationship. Tell them to stop beating about the bush. Pastors should only offer counsel after a decision has been reached by both parties.

The worst thing you will do now is to marry without personal conviction and sole decision. Going into marriage on someone else's persuasion (or prophecy) has potential to breed future marital confusion and implosion. But when it is your personal decision, you will take full responsibility by doing everything to make it work out against all odds.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Lobotomy02: 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

OK.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by frozen70(f): 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Exactly. The moment you start visiting those guys your problem begins. Once a family member starts visiting them problems begin to arise in that family.

That's my point
Your closet siblings will now be acused for nothing that he is the obstacle in your life

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by yetty247(f): 12:55pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Lemme understand well, You can't open ur own mouth and pray na to they find someone that is probably not close to God to dey look for fake prophecy una go dey find Abi

E ma alright
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by HayB100(m): 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
Oga, nah planned work, even your babe too don dey under pressure, her mama don see say you no dey financially buoyant, that's why she dey use pastor story cover up. And e sure me die say you yourself go get hint through your girlfriends body language to know if she plan the game with her mama or not. One rich guy don dey follow you drag your babe be that, her mama don see say that one dey financially okay to refer to as in-law🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by id4sho(m): 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Go with the Rev Father

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Dad Breaks Me Down Everyday / 6 Ways To Be A Better Listener / Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.