Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving (22745 Views)

How Much Is Your Salary? How Many Months Salary Would Make Up Ur House Rent? / Living From Salary To Salary?: How To Break The Cycle / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by dododawa1: 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2023
Saving from #75,000 in lagos state.
Hunger / konji go kill you.
Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by FROGMAN101(m): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hmmm
Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2023
Samueltemi337:
2020 I was planning to go to New Zealand as a student
But 2021 I became a billionaire and I have been living my best life since then
FYI my daily sub is 100k when I am in Nigeria

Will you keep quiet. Audio billionaire grin grin grin. An average Nigerian is ready to brag about their fake life in every circumstances. Receive sense by force

4 Likes

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by tpraiz(m): 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2023
Brother, I totally understand where you are coming from and exactly what you mean typing this.
No matter your salary, have it at the back of your mind that you must save atleast 20% of your monthly intake.
ThankGod you are not a gambler or alcoholic!
Stay safe 🙏 peace

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Sijo01(f): 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
kernniejay:

I dislike these kind of questions. Things like this is supposed to be strictly a personal decision. You are the one that knows what you are aiming at financially and what expenses you incurred regularly. I believe you are older than 18 years so you are an adult, no more a minor. You work for your money so set your own financial goal by yourself.

Exactly what I had in mind.

Like, how do you expect people who does not know you/your social status decide how you spend your money and how much to save. Na wah o 😡

3 Likes

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by adefitim(m): 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2023
I received 80k monthly.

I am saving 30k every month
30k for feeding
7-10k to my mum sometimes
3k for Utility bill

5-7k other expenses

Though my house to my office is 3minutes walk.

2 Likes

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by John4B: 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2023
Samueltemi337:
What's 75k
That's like the amount I use for my daily sub
Go find better work

My bitch Candidlady will attest to this

If at all u make half of it in a month or even hv something doing. Braggers!

4 Likes

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by gentposh: 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2023
Samueltemi337:
What's 75k
Go find better work

Baba abeg show me small love na pls..

Your source will never run dry Amen
Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Rhema04(m): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nazgul:
Hmmm...

For now, I'll advise that you stay away from women, alcohol and betting. Having done that...

Save 15k (20%) of that salary monthly

Use 37,500 (50%) for your essential expenses

And use the remaining 22,500 (30%) for emergency expenses.

The Lord is your strength.

Can you help me plan too.. my salary is 44k monthly...

I no dey see anything safe since January

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Judolisco(m): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
JOHNFBOSCO:
Good day Nairalanders. I Recently got this job, after several attempts of applying both online and offline. My monthly salary is average #75,000 per month, I used the word "Average" because its not static. Sometimes it could lower, as low as 60,000 and hardly surpass 90,000...so it's a commission work.

And we all know commission work is not reliable, you could be fired anytime. So please my question is, with the Nigeria standard of living, couple with the recent economic hardship, so now, the question is how much is ideal to save per month from this Salary.

To and fro from my work place is around 850 per day. We report to office 3  or 4 times in a week sometimes. I noticed that at tmes I even struggled to survive on 60k a month, minus miscellaneous oooo...chai e no easy (p.s. single and I stay alone)

where ur location to start with... Because if na Abuja.. Na money to jst take survive o

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by NaijaCover(m): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2023
brain54:

No more bad news…?

That’s gooood!

Just Dey Observe Nigeria News
Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Karleb(m): 2:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
Just forget about savings. Use whatever may be left off that salary to put yourself in a better position you can earn more.

Not all savings make sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Cazzim(m): 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
tony0806:

*Modified*
Relocate to a place closer to your work place. Assuming you go to work 5 times in a week. In about 24 working days, you would have spent 850*5 = #20,400.
Your salary minus YOUR TP is about 54,600 naira.

Rich people ONLY SPEND what's left after THEY HAVE SAVED.

If you save up to 300k to 400k naira, just buy a small land and see it appreciate in value. I drop my pen here
were can someone get land of 400k

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by durasome(m): 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
kernniejay:

I dislike these kind of questions. Things like this is supposed to be strictly a personal decision. You are the one that knows what you are aiming at financially and what expenses you incurred regularly. I believe you are older than 18 years so you are an adult, no more a minor. You work for your money so set your own financial goal by yourself.
.no one is an island of knowledge, the little advice he may get here can help him and others reading this better prepared,especially from people who have been in similar situation.

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by durasome(m): 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
Samueltemi337:
What's 75k
Go find better work

.we all are looking for this better jobs my brother, even with better certificates and not even anywhere to get loans.

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by highchief1: 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
JOHNFBOSCO:
Good day Nairalanders. I Recently got this job, after several attempts of applying both online and offline. My monthly salary is average #75,000 per month, I used the word "Average" because its not static. Sometimes it could lower, as low as 60,000 and hardly surpass 90,000...so it's a commission work.

And we all know commission work is not reliable, you could be fired anytime. So please my question is, with the Nigeria standard of living, couple with the recent economic hardship, so now, the question is how much is ideal to save per month from this Salary.

To and fro from my work place is around 850 per day. We report to office 3  or 4 times in a week sometimes. I noticed that at tmes I even struggled to survive on 60k a month, minus miscellaneous oooo...chai e no easy (p.s. single and I stay alone)

to fill my car tank is 70k and I drive it for one week.how una take Dey save

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by durasome(m): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
tony0806:

*Modified*
Relocate to a place closer to your work place. Assuming you go to work 5 times in a week. In about 24 working days, you would have spent 850*5 = #20,400.
Your salary minus YOUR TP is about 54,600 naira.

Rich people ONLY SPEND what's left after THEY HAVE SAVED.

If you save up to 300k to 400k naira, just buy a small land and see it appreciate in value. I drop my pen here
.it depends on where he stays whether he can get a land for anything close to that amount you mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Enskynelson(m): 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2023
JOHNFBOSCO:

Try and survive with the money first. After a month or two, you will know whether you can save or not. Reason is because, na you know the living condition where u are. While someone in a rural area spending nothing on housing and transportation may advise u save 60k per month, that money is mere survival fee even for a single man with no other responsibility living in some Cities and Towns.

2 Likes

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by InvertedHammer: 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
JOHNFBOSCO:

/

Concentrate on feeding yourself everyday for now.

/

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by coputa(m): 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
JOHNFBOSCO:

Three person's receiving #7,500,75,000 and 750,000,if the one receiving #7,500 is saving #2,500 monthly and the rest saves less , then the one receiving #7,500 has more money than the rest.

To save money monthly, you have to Imbibe a discipline lifestyle,make a lot of sacrifices,lower your expenses.

You must refashion your lifestyle,so that your income should be more than your expenditures.Do not be a slave to money,be a master.

If you do this you will have much left to determine the amount you will save
Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by matm: 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
9jabox:
Spend everything.

You fit die tomorrow and next of kin go flex your savings.

Ha ha ha ha
Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Mohisah: 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
Divide your take home by 3:
-Save 30% for rentage.
-Spend the 40% for T.fair, clothing n feeding.
-Save 30% for unforseen circumstances, your family & friends needs and giving out arms (Charity).

You'll never be a useless man if you follow these steps to run your funds.

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by IfnobeGod20: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
Let me help you do little calculation.
Let me assume you're going to office four times in a week and you're spending #1,000 per day with plus or minus.

4*1,000= 4,000

Meaning you're spending 4,000 weekly for transport.

Now, your transport for a month, will be:

4*4,000 =16,000

For your feeding in a day, let us put it at minimum of 1,000. Management spending.

For a month:

30*1,000 = 30,000

Miscellaneous spending, let us put it at 10,000

Your total spending for the month would be:

16,000+ 30,000+ 10,000 = 56,000

If you're earning between 60,000 - 90,000, you now know how much you can save maximally with prudent living.

Good luck!
Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by fortunechy(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2023
Cut down on ur expenses. Say NO to these :woman, drinking, smoking, gambling and plan ur life well.... Even those that earn 30k save not to talk of 75k...

Meanwhile, make sure u pay ur tight Always. Whatever fin u do put God first. Good luck!!!

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by DrDunamis(m): 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2023
JOHNFBOSCO:

Save an amount equal to your tithe on every paycheck.
10% is really powerful.
Just keep saving it and live on the rest

2 Likes

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by fijihems: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
Very foolish question. Don't save any money, spend all of the money.

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Meerahbel: 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
JOHNFBOSCO:

What do you want to save?

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by CodeTemplar: 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2023
That's $100.

1 Like

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by tony0806: 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
Cazzim:
were can someone get land of 400k

Ask estate managers or check google for the state you reside in. It may be a bit far away from residential buildings. BUT GIVE IT TIME
Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Offpoint1: 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2023
😂 I dare you you can't save even 1k from that salary at the end of the month.

These people saying save 20k and so on aren't being realistic or they're being fed or they're ladies.

Bro, you can't save in this current Nigeria with that amount.

Your feeding money should between 30-36k, that's if you denied yours some meal in a day.

Your TF should be between - 20-30k, you have to take out your rent, electricity bills... Now tell me what you'll have left for other needs, then saving? 😂

2 Likes

Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by kkins25(m): 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2023
kernniejay:

hehe.. Thats why Fela sang, Suffering and smiling.

Finance management is a skill that needs to be learnt; to learn, you must be taught.
Re: N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving by Livesimple: 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2023
My salary is 25k here in Abuja and I save 10-15k every month though I get 2 square meal from my employer per day.

No family member can muster the courage to even ask me for money cef.

Papa, mama no de again so I no get responsibility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need A Career Advice On Which Country To Travel To / You 'Yab' The Police And Still Apply Privately - Officer Uju / Don't Fall For The Pressure, Everyone Has A Different Timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.