Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed In My Neighborhood (40367 Views)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child / Something I Noticed In Relationships And Marriages / Have You Noticed This About Families These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
One thing about infantiles is that they always think they are the smartest in the room. You lived and worked around V.I axis and that formed your opinion about 'Island'. Funny enough, I have worked around that same V.I, Lekki Phase 1, Ikate axis, Chevron axis and down to Sangotedo. Yet, I never claimed to be a public commentator on power distribution. You seriously need to grow up!

Secondly, that d1ck measuring contest that you earnestly want to have with me will not happen because the last time I checked you don't have a d1ck. So, I'll pass on that. I know folks like you who will cry wolf when served a dose of their own medicine. I would have ignored all your infantile rants and name calling but the book of Proverbs 26:5 says; 'Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes. The self-confident fool thinks too highly of himself and his opinions, and he shares them freely'.

Stay off my mentions, I'm warning you. shocked shocked

So, I was supposed to come live in your remote Sangotedo to form my opinion?

I thought you claimed I was talking based on hearsay? I had to give you load down, so you know there are levels to it. But this isn't about levels.

I wouldn't mind engaging in a dick measuring contest with you. After all, na you talk say you be great minds.

1) How much do you earn?
2) How many great minds have you met in Sangotedo?

Just dey play. You think you are talking to a secondary school student? Great minds indeed. Abeg getaut make I see men them.

Sangotedo? We dey count fish, crayfish dey raise hand. Toor!!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by odimbannamdi(m): 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
Tallesty1:
Hehehehe. This kain info no be wetin person dey drop for public sha so make I leave am.
Maybe he was careless or the house is on prepaid already before the bypass. [b]Once your consumption rate drops noticeably, they will come to know why [/b]but what if the bypass was done before power was connected to the house? grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I don over talk sef
Hello people, Poco is corrupt.
Hahahaha. Nah jealousy oo. You dey envy people wey dey use light cook fio fio

How will they know what your consumption rate is so much that they know it has dropped?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
BornToSucced:
Please if you are reading this and you earn 150k upward, please save and switch to solar.

I know the initial capital investment can be high, but try. In my case, I saved for 6 months to pay for the entire system. To add to that, I bought the batteries, inverter, and solar panels myself, then call a technician to install.
take me to the solar schools, I have 300k budget for this already .
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by odimbannamdi(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ventura1:
The should pull resources together and purchase a diesel powered generator. That's the best option.

Terrible advise.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ravensckar(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

So, I was supposed to come live in your remote Sangotedo to form my opinion?

I thought you claimed I was talking based on hearsay? I had to give you load down, so you know there are levels to it. But this isn't about levels.

I wouldn't mind engaging in a dick measuring contest with you. After all, na you talk say you be great minds.

1) How much do you earn?
2) How many great minds have you met in Sangotedo?

Just dey play. You think you are talking to a secondary school student? Great minds indeed. Abeg getaut make I see men them.

Sangotedo? We dey count fish, crayfish dey raise hand. Toor!!!
The more you type, the more you exhibit your congenital buffoonery. Perhaps, you weren't inherently gifted with the faculty of discernment. How does living and working in V.I equips one with the requisite knowledge to speak authoritatively about 'power distribution on the Island?'. You still haven't answered my question on that.

To further display your infantile reasoning, you're asking me to tell you how much I earn. Like seriously? How childish can you sound? undecided undecided

Who are the great minds that I've met? Really? It seems to me that you have taken leave of your senses. Hence, the reason why you'll expect me to start singing like a canary. You just exposed yourself as someone with a single digit I.Q. Just as Abraham Lincoln pointed out; 'He who knows not, but knows not that he knows not is a fool. Shun him'.

You don't deserve my response!

7 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
Slynation:
Well...in my own neighborhood in commissioners quarters Awka City, concerning the light issues, light is almost 24hrs daily, my gen is fast becoming useless to me...

How security for your neighborhood? I was in Awka last in 1998 and my friend said things have changed a lot.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
GEEBITE:
Nah you will fail Geography dear. Island definition is a piece of land surrounded by water. While a peninsula is a strait of land jutting into or abutting a body of water. The whole of Island ended at Victoria. Island(oniru) It was landfill work done at Old Maroko that enables the drive friom Victoria Island to Lekki. Epe is not an island as you can drive into Epe from Ijebu ode without crossing a River.

That Sangotedo as Island wont cut it with me,Isnt that the Area LBS is located? In 2007 I abandoned an executive programme as traffic and armed robbers nearly killed me and my colleague that my office enrolled for fhat degree programme. LCC just started their one lane expansion then and the traffic from the Jakande area down to Ajah was horrendous. Sangotedo is after Ajah now so how can that place be part of Island.

My comment wasn't based on geography but what the residents of the area chose to call it. Everywhere across the bridge is regarded as Island, but I have seen people go ahead to re-classify both the Island and the mainland based on how accessible it is. I really do not care, except when I want to drag Mr Sangotedo. grin

Yes, the traffic is crazy and rent is "expensive". I sometimes wonder the catch.

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nezzjnr: 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
Abudu2000:
that is the bright thing about the island. It is expensive so very few touta can afford to pay expensive rate of living hence they run back to their mainland land. I wa raised in mainland but i tell you this I would rather run gen 24hours on the island than 24hours supply on mainland. Mainland if filled with illiterates and hunger ia privalent there. Spare me that crap that there are rich ones on the mainland coz there’s none lol. I used to think I know rich people till i got to island and i saw theres a whole new meaning of wealth, you are not rich if you drive a 2012 car in 2023 lol dont tell me you are saving or living low key. Island here we have rolls royce users just cruising and living their best lives. Even at the expensive fuel rate now see people still drifting and reving in rush hours. Island is a cruise only if you can afford it though.
There are more Richer People on the Mainland than on the Island.

Take a stroll to Magodo... Gbagada... Surulere... Ikeja.

Especially Ikeja...

7 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
The more you type, the more you exhibit your congenital buffoonery. Perhaps, you weren't inherently gifted with the faculty of discernment. How does living and working in V.I equips one with the requisite knowledge to speak authoritatively about 'power distribution on the Island?'. You still haven't answered my question on that.

To further display your infantile reasoning, you're asking me to tell you how much I earn. Like seriously? How childish can you sound? undecided undecided

Who are the great minds that I've met? Really? It seems to me that you have taken leave of your senses. Hence, the reason why you'll expect me to start singing like a canary. You just exposed yourself as someone with a single digit I.Q. Just as Abraham Lincoln pointed out; 'He who knows not, but knows not that he knows not is a fool. Shun him'.

The same way living in Sangotedo equipped ypu to counter my comments.

BACK TO MY QUESTIONS
1) How much do you earn?
2) How many great minds have you met in Sangotedo? And what did you guys discuss?
3) Going by your comments, are you a great mind? Because I would dread running into your type in Ikorodu sef.

11 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by SPAMBOX7: 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

At least Mainland people would see food chop. Island own is a quagmire. It would feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. No noise, no neighbour to gossip with. You go just dey inside your hot house dey think your life. grin
grin
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by rukyboy(m): 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Lexxxyy:
Get this straight, no money is saved from subsidy. It was been funded with loans.

Exactly. Even without subsidy. Our budget will still be in a deficit.

So most of the savings from subsidy removal will go into servicing old loans and also reduce the amount of new loans we would have to get to fund the budget .. Going forward.

The common man won't get any benefits.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by SPAMBOX7: 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2023
Astra101:
Anything lekki and Nepa (or whatever they are called there) can not be used in the same sentence. Big men in naija don't pay light bills. Someone just told me they have at least 18 hours of light in Ikeja since the subsidy was removed.
Ikeja always have light right from time that can't be disputed. IMO I think that's the only place on mainland with stable electricity
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
Sope otilo
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by rukyboy(m): 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
Mancala:

"you need balls of steel to put on your AC overnight or leave your refrigerator on for 24hrs" If you have constant electricity, it may be false economy to switch off your refrigerator for short periods of time to save energy. It's better to leave it on and let it run per designed efficiency since it can take a fridge almost 12 hours to cool down to set temperature once it has warmed up. Curbing excessive opening of the fridge is a better energy saving strategy, but if you have kids in the house, may be almost impossible to achieve undecided

Lol. I guessed you missed her point.

Those estates are supplied by IPPs.

The tariffs are super high.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
Ikeja always have light right from time that can't be disputed. IMO I think that's the only place on mainland with stable electricity

It is not the only place.
Some places in Surulere, Oworonshoki and Alimosho have stable electricity. I am talking 15 to 22 hours daily.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by fortunechy(m): 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nigeria as a country was created to entertain other countries..... It's finished. Even the rich now cries...

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
It's like you want to walk through the valley of shadow of depression tonight? cheesy cheesy

Come, go and ask of me very well from Kobojunkie (your fellow armchair critic). I can be civil for as long as I can maintain my resolve. No be sey when he start now, you go come dey play the 'woman card'. I don't hold back o. I'm warning you for the last time, stay the fvck away from my mentions. angry angry

Its a public forum my friend. Anyone is free to tag anyone. Relax abi them never bring light!

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by descarado: 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
Lagos people and their wahala

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by DeeBaDan: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
Sure! Even for some parts of Awoyaya area (around Container Bus Stop), Baba dem dey operate once a while. But if you compare the frequency and the audacity with which criminals operate on the mainland to the Island. You will understand my point. It's just like comparing Nigeria to England in terms of safety. You'll agree with me that as much as England is adjudged to be safer than Nigeria, criminal activities do happen there as well.

Bottom line is that Island is like England while mainland is like Nigeria. cheesy cheesy

This one is new ..

Island is like England while mainland is like Nigeria. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
I been dey try avoid her but it seems she's feeling like the 'Ultimate Warrior'. Me wey no dey carry last for anything online fight. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I go just use her clean shoe now. But when e happen, she'll start playing the 'gender card'. cheesy cheesy

Use who clean shoe? Hehehehe. Me, Poco play gender card on your Sangotedo rebuttals?

Hehehe. I am waiting for you sha. Go on your generator and come back. If e no gree on, leave am. Just come back and use me to clean your waterlogged shoes. I am waiting. Light dey for here. grin grin

14 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by PlayboyCarti: 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
please when did Sangotedo and co turn to island? atp Lakowe down to Eleko too is island.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by OluchiDelly: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:

Prof! prof!! prof!!! . how many times did i call u?
11. thou shall not be wild wink

Abeg where did you keep your student ,Evathyst in particular? she is no no longer active here. im missing her o.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by 9jii(m): 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
ceeceeuwa:
I live on the island where you can sarcastically call Lekki phase 4 😀. The electricity destribution here is nothing to write home about. Infact you can count the number of hours you have light over here in a month. They bring it for few minutes each day for a couple of days towards when it is time for them to destribute the bills. People here have been generating electricity for themselves by using their generating sets.
Infact, it is no longer news that most Nigerians have lost hope in the Discos .
In the wake of the fuel subsidy removal, I discovered that the few homes who could afford fuelling their generating sets hardly do so. Even the more affluent ones that other residents rely on to charge their phones when ever they put on their Gen set have gone 😫.

Those that could confidently run their Gen all night preceding the subsidy removal only power it on for few minutes to pump water then off it goes.

The one that baffled me last night was that I looked out my window and everywhere was so dark except for the moonlight. Even a building close by that I could confidently say they have been having light all night for the past 2 years of my residing here was out of light last night. Which way Nigeria? 🤷

The standard of living of Nigerians have dropped drastically!

Abeg someone should help me calculate how much we have saved from the subsidy since May 29 let me collect my own share and know wether na solar panel and inverter I go use my own buy 😫.

Calculating.....
4 trillion x 29 days = ??

I just tire😥
4 trillion a per day you said? Don't be mischievous with your fact.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
PlayboyCarti:
please when did Sangotedo and co turn to island? atp Lakowe down to Eleko too is island.

Cc Ravensckar.

This one is even meeting great minds in Sangotedo. grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ravensckar(m): 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
OluchiDelly:

Prof! prof!! prof!!! . how many times did i call u?
11. thou shall not be wild wink

Abeg where did you keep your student ,Evathyst in particular? she is no no longer active here. im missing her o.
From the way you type, I think I can decipher the thread where we met. wink wink

Na all these small small pikin dem dey provoke me. I'm not wild o. cheesy cheesy

To answer your question, even I don't know Evathyst whereabouts. The last I heard of her was that she has 'JAPA' about 5 years ago or so. My number 1 disciple! cry cry
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Slynation(m): 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
Skyview01:

How security for your neighborhood? I was in Awka last in 1998 and my friend said things have changed a lot.
since 1998?? I bet you won't even know your way around Anambra state anymore, concerning the security issues, it's no secret the FG can't secure live and properties, so communities have resulted in creating and sponsoring various vigilante groups.

I will only speak for my neighborhood, we are secured in terms of security as we have various military personnels mounting guide on strategic places around the quarters...

But Anambra state is trying in aspects of security, forget whatever you read online most times, some of them are just to draw traffic, since the death of double lion, the activities of ESN and Military personnels reduced drastically, people only sit at home every Monday just because they have made that particular day for street clean up, meeting schedule of various unions etc. because like you know, an average Igbo man can belong to over 5 different unions always having clashes of meeting mostly Sundays, but that "Mondays" eased off so many stress for them and people already have that mindset of business/work free day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Magnoliaa(f): 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
This Island vs. Mainland Lagos war dey always be like Ghana vs. Naija own. grin

We that stay in the outskirts of Lagos, where do we fall in the line up like this?

7 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by TechCapon(m): 9:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

All the way to Epe? One of my problems is that things that are a stonethrow away automatically becomes serious on the Island.

I don't know the people that think Phase 4 is congested. I doubt anyone does because the farther you go on the Island,the less congested it is, the more traffic, the cheaper the rent and less amenities and night life.

But like you said, living is a choice. Enjoy your Phase 4. We have light here in Amukoko. smiley
where's amukoko in Lagos
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ravensckar(m): 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

Cc Ravensckar.

This one is even meeting great minds in Sangotedo. grin grin
Whilst I don't know the 'night school' that you graduated from, I'm sure of one singular fact; you barely passed English Language (especially the Comprehension aspect). Everything about your reasoning is antithetical. cheesy cheesy

You not a worthy adversary at all! Go and look for your mates to bandy words with. Exchanging words with you is tantamount to arguing with a brain dead. It's just not worth it! angry angry

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by OluchiDelly: 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
From the way you type, I think I can decipher the thread where we met. wink wink

Na all these small small pikin dem dey provoke me. I'm not wild o. cheesy cheesy

To answer your question, even I don't know Evathyst whereabouts. The last I heard of her was that she has 'JAPA' about 5 years ago or so. My number 1 disciple! cry cry

grin
ok then, i wish her the very best. she used to be very loyal to you in those days grin
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by tosinhtml: 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
GEEBITE:
Nah you will fail Geography dear. Island definition is a piece of land surrounded by water. While a peninsula is a strait of land jutting into or abutting a body of water. The whole of Island ended at Victoria. Island(oniru) It was landfill work done at Old Maroko that enables the drive friom Victoria Island to Lekki. Epe is not an island as you can drive into Epe from Ijebu ode without crossing a River.

That Sangotedo as Island wont cut it with me,Isnt that the Area LBS is located? In 2007 I abandoned an executive programme as traffic and armed robbers nearly killed me and my colleague that my office enrolled for fhat degree programme. LCC just started their one lane expansion then and the traffic from the Jakande area down to Ajah was horrendous. Sangotedo is after Ajah now so how can that place be part of Island.

From Ajah down to Epe is actually surrounded by water.

Maybe I am wrong but you can explain to me.

When was the landfill work done that V.I was extended to Lekki. So do we also call Lekki part of the Island as well?

Since Lekki is technically the same long road that eventually leads to Epe, should we also call Lekki an Island?

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8-Month Pregnant Woman Dies One Month After Her Wedding (pics) / Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.