Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed In My Neighborhood (40426 Views)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child / Something I Noticed In Relationships And Marriages / Have You Noticed This About Families These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Slynation(m): 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Well...in my own neighborhood in commissioners quarters Awka City, concerning the light issues, light is almost 24hrs daily, my gen is fast becoming useless to me...
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by greggng: 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
ceeceeuwa:
I live on the island where you can sarcastically call Lekki phase 4 😀. The electricity destribution here is nothing to write home about. Infact you can count the number of hours you have light over here in a month. They bring it for few minutes each day for a couple of days towards when it is time for them to destribute the bills. People here have been generating electricity for themselves by using their generating sets.
Infact, it is no longer news that most Nigerians have lost hope in the Discos .
In the wake of the fuel subsidy removal, I discovered that the few homes who could afford fuelling their generating sets hardly do so. Even the more affluent ones that other residents rely on to charge their phones when ever they put on their Gen set have gone 😫.

Those that could confidently run their Gen all night preceding the subsidy removal only power it on for few minutes to pump water then off it goes.

The one that baffled me last night was that I looked out my window and everywhere was so dark except for the moonlight. Even a building close by that I could confidently say they have been having light all night for the past 2 years of my residing here was out of light last night. Which way Nigeria? 🤷

The standard of living of Nigerians have dropped drastically!

Abeg someone should help me calculate how much we have saved from the subsidy since May 29 let me collect my own share and know wether na solar panel and inverter I go use my own buy 😫.

Calculating.....
4 trillion x 29 days = ??

I just tire😥

You are funny . Just today alone I have counted about 5 dead bodies ...being friends and well wishers ...we just woke up to the sad news. Wherei.live at gowon estate ...nepa said we are in category A ...so we do have light like 18 to 20 hours ...make no mistake ..you are eating your money ....what nepa did was strange to.me ...they reduced the units from category A. Let me explain ...we use to buy 90units for 5k .
.later it became 83 units for 5k ...within a short time it came down to 72 units for 5k...just 3days ago it became 65units for 5k...

There is no two ways about it ...our leaders are wicked and they don't care about us ...is a fraud categorising light ...Light should ve being constant for everyone in Nigeria...it is the user that ought to regulate how long he wants to go in a day ...The opposite is the case ...you pay the money while they reduce your unit in the name of being on priority line . Very soon our leaders will learn the hard way ..

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2023
Mancala:

False economy! My point is that you actually do not save more units doing that. If left on, the fridge cools down and reaches set temperature and the compressor shuts down and stays off for a long period if not opened. The compressor will only come on for a little time to maintain set temperature if opened or after being left for a while. If you shut it off, the fridge will warm up well below set temperature without compressor coming on such that when you turn it on, it takes a longer time to cool back down again thus consuming more electricity than if you left it on. The compressor is what consumes majority of the elecricity in a fridge. It sounds counter intuitive but thats the plain truth.

Dear Mancala, IT WORKS.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by zinaunreal(m): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
Disgusting yoruba fake president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by juman(m): 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Anytime I travel to lagos, like i travel abroad.
Lagos we watch on tv.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Bobbiee: 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Lekki is more of a slum than Egbeda in Alimosho. In fact, Lekki is probably one of the biggest slum areas in Lagos state.

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by jmoore(m): 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
They have derailed this thread oh.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ravensckar(m): 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
Abudu2000:
that is the bright thing about the island. It is expensive so very few touta can afford to pay expensive rate of living hence they run back to their mainland land. I wa raised in mainland but i tell you this I would rather run gen 24hours on the island than 24hours supply on mainland. Mainland if filled with illiterates and hunger ia privalent there. Spare me that crap that there are rich ones on the mainland coz there’s none lol. I used to think I know rich people till i got to island and i saw theres a whole new meaning of wealth, you are not rich if you drive a 2012 car in 2023 lol dont tell me you are saving or living low key. Island here we have rolls royce users just cruising and living their best lives. Even at the expensive fuel rate now see people still drifting and reving in rush hours. Island is a cruise only if you can afford it though.
You see when people wey get sense talk, e no dey hard to know. I just jejely avoided going into argument with that 'girl' because I knew where she was heading to. From her reply, it was obvious that she regards people that live on the island with contempt. She couldn't shake off the word 'Estate' in my write-up. Little did she know that it's just our own way of saying street, hood or area. Abi e get any street for Island wey dem no tag 'Estate?'.

To further display her contempt, I made mention of 'great minds'. The thing bite am for body again. Me wey know the caliber of people wey I mingled with both on the mainland and Island.

Your summation is apt and it made me realize there are people who can relate to what I said. I just didn't have the luxury of time to exchange words with her. You see Pocohatas & that other one called Kobojunkie both of them always type like people who reason from their an*us. I too sabi wan kill them! The day I handled Kobojunkie, na since then she dey avoid me. Pocahatas, I never get her time yet. Breakfast na turn by turn. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by OBTOREPA(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2023
ceeceeuwa:
I live on the island where you can sarcastically call Lekki phase 4 😀. The electricity destribution here is nothing to write home about. Infact you can count the number of hours you have light over here in a month. They bring it for few minutes each day for a couple of days towards when it is time for them to destribute the bills. People here have been generating electricity for themselves by using their generating sets.
Infact, it is no longer news that most Nigerians have lost hope in the Discos .
In the wake of the fuel subsidy removal, I discovered that the few homes who could afford fuelling their generating sets hardly do so. Even the more affluent ones that other residents rely on to charge their phones when ever they put on their Gen set have gone 😫.

Those that could confidently run their Gen all night preceding the subsidy removal only power it on for few minutes to pump water then off it goes.

The one that baffled me last night was that I looked out my window and everywhere was so dark except for the moonlight. Even a building close by that I could confidently say they have been having light all night for the past 2 years of my residing here was out of light last night. Which way Nigeria? 🤷

The standard of living of Nigerians have dropped drastically!

Abeg someone should help me calculate how much we have saved from the subsidy since May 29 let me collect my own share and know wether na solar panel and inverter I go use my own buy 😫.

Calculating.....
4 trillion x 29 days = ??

I just tire😥
Get a solar
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Bobbiee: 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
Another fallacy of hasty generalization! I live in Sangotedo area and I can conveniently tell you that we enjoy close to 12 hours of power supply in my estate. Other than traffic & the expensive cost of living, Island is a great place to live in. It is relatively peaceful and filled with great minds. Unlike the mainland which is the den of criminals (cultists and robbers). All those temple runs that you guys experience on the mainland is not here. Run from robbers, run from cultist fights, run from police raid, run from 1 million boys, etc.

PS- I was born and brought up in Ajegunle, so I know what it's like to live on both the Island and mainland. Before marriage, I prayed to God to never allow me raise my kids on the mainland (Ajegunle precisely) and God answered my prayer. cheesy cheesy

Are you kidding me? I also live in Sangotedo. Asajon street, and the light situation here is nothing to write home about. Omo, I vex pack comot my house go my brother side for mainland

11 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ibawon(m): 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
Kajaard:

Lol at Lekki Phase 4 cheesy grin cheesy

That na Epe na cheesy

I know that from Sangotedo down to Eleko and Lekki is nothing to write home about. Eleko has not had power since 2017, While places like Ijede enjoys at least 18-21 hours of power supply. Hope they work on it since their prepared candidate is now in power.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nononsense247: 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
Tallesty1:
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Calm down nwanyi oma.

This creates another problem because Nigerians bypass these meters so easily, especially those living in estates.
Average Nigerian na criminal

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Bobbiee: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
LEKKI. IS. A. FÜCKING. SHIT HOLE. SLUM.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
You see when people wey get sense talk, e no dey hard to know. I just jejely avoiding going into argument with that 'girl' because I knew where she was heading to. From her reply, it was obvious that she regards people that live on the island with contempt. She couldn't shake off the word 'Estate' in my write-up. Little did she know that it's just our own way of saying street, hood or area. Abi e get any street for Island wey dem no tag 'Estate?'.

To further display her contempt, I made mention of 'great minds'. The thing bite am for body again. Me wey know the caliber of people wey I mingled with both on the mainland and Island.

Your summation is apt and it made me realize there are people who can relate to what I said. I just didn't have the luxury of time to exchange words with her. You see Pocohatas & that other one called Kobojunkie both of them always type like people who reason from their an*us. I too sabi wan kill them! The day I handled Kobojunkie, na since then she dey avoid me. Pocahatas, I never get her time yet. Breakfast na turn by turn. cheesy cheesy

My street was never tagged an estate. Why you think I am in competition or hate you is beyond me.

I stayed at Oniru. Yesufu Abiodun Way. Same street housing 4point by Sheraton, Red Carpet, etc. Landmark was behind my house.

I moved to Lekki Phase 1. Abike Sulaiman Street off Adebayo Doherty. My street has the famous Dowen College and na im I dey use as landmark for dispatch riders.

I was working at Ademola Adetokunbo, VI.

I just need you to know say I done enjoy that Island and no be hear say. I done rock different places for Island. The highest I saw was celebrities and various startup owners.

There is nothing to hate about you and your Sangotedo. Except you can tell me how much you are earning and just one great mind you have run into.

Please have my time. I would also like to show you why I am Pocohantas...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Lekan239(m): 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
It baffles me how some people will on gen throughout the night every single day, instead of them too go solar with 1m - 1.5m naira.

Should say someone putting on gen every night can't afford 1m -1.5m for solar. Abi dey are just ignorant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ravensckar(m): 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
Bobbiee:

Are you kidding me? I also live in Sangotedo. Asajon street, and the light situation here is nothing to write home about. Omo, I vex pack comot my house go my brother side for mainland
I kid you not brother! That was why I said 'my estate'. I live at Printing & Minting Estate in Ira Nla and light there is very good.

I understand the dangers and evils in hasty generalization and so try to avoid it at all cost. Na why I tackled that foul mouthed girl that says 'Lekki people don't enjoy light and when they do, they pay through their nose'. That statement can only come from someone who has taken leave of her senses. How many areas for Lekki does she know self?

My previous residence was just behind Lekki Conservation Center. Na Chevron light we dey use; e no dey blink. Osapa people self dey get light like madt. So, where's that infatile statement coming from?

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by InvertedHammer: 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
/

Lekki is where they goaded well off Nigerians living in Lagos to come and suffer under the guise of upper class.
Poor sanitation, no clean water, bad roads, excessive flooding, poor electricity supply...and they expect you to pay millions. Can someone define madness?

/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by nedekid: 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
Astra101:
Anything lekki and Nepa (or whatever they are called there) can not be used in the same sentence. Big men in naija don't pay light bills. Someone just told me they have at least 18 hours of light in Ikeja since the subsidy was removed.
I got connected to ikedc about a month ago. I have light more than 18hrs daily.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Younghacka(m): 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

At least Mainland people would see food chop. Island own is a quagmire. It would feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. No noise, no neighbour to gossip with. You go just dey inside your hot house dey think your life. grin
This Girl You Be Comedian grin grin grin
I Don Laugh Tire Reading Your Comments, Keep Firing On All Cylinders; We Are Solidly Behind You.

9 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by GEEBITE: 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nah you will fail Geography dear. Island definition is a piece of land surrounded by water. While a peninsula is a strait of land jutting into or abutting a body of water. The whole of Island ended at Victoria. Island(oniru) It was landfill work done at Old Maroko that enables the drive friom Victoria Island to Lekki. Epe is not an island as you can drive into Epe from Ijebu ode without crossing a River.

That Sangotedo as Island wont cut it with me,Isnt that the Area LBS is located? In 2007 I abandoned an executive programme as traffic and armed robbers nearly killed me and my colleague that my office enrolled for fhat degree programme. LCC just started their one lane expansion then and the traffic from the Jakande area down to Ajah was horrendous. Sangotedo is after Ajah now so how can that place be part of Island.
pocohantas:

Isn't it? Even Epe is part of Island. The whole area once you crossover the bridge is ISLAND.

There was this part I went to off Blenco. I was lucky they didn't chook hand in my eyes because I kept looking in shock. I wouldn't have been shocked if that was Ikotun.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by mutantninja: 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
Lolz. You fell for the trap! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist pointing out the ' hasty generalization' in my comment. How you were able to commit such fallacy too beats my imagination despite knowing all too well.

Bottom line is that when speaking on a public forum, please endeavour to always speak for yourself and from your own 'perspective' so as to avoid misleading the public.

As for the other irrelevant things that you highlighted, I'll leave you to it. As I'm not in the mood for any 'roforofo' argument.

PS- please do not expect another reply from me.
She’s right jackass

9 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ravensckar(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

My street was never tagged an estate. Why you think I am in competition or hate you is beyond me.

There is nothing to hate about you and your Sangotedo. Exvept you can tell me one great mind you have run into.

It's like you want to walk through the valley of shadow of depression tonight? cheesy cheesy

Come, go and ask of me very well from Kobojunkie (your fellow armchair critic). I can be civil for as long as I can maintain my resolve. No be sey when he start now, you go come dey play the 'woman card'. I don't hold back o. I'm warning you for the last time, stay the fvck away from my mentions. angry angry

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Jephyard(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
Another fallacy of hasty generalization! I live in Sangotedo area and I can conveniently tell you that we enjoy close to 12 hours of power supply in my estate. Other than traffic & the expensive cost of living, Island is a great place to live in. It is relatively peaceful and filled with great minds. Unlike the mainland which is the den of criminals (cultists and robbers). All those temple runs that you guys experience on the mainland is not here. Run from robbers, run from cultist fights, run from police raid, run from 1 million boys, etc.

PS- I was born and brought up in Ajegunle, so I know what it's like to live on both the Island and mainland. Before marriage, I prayed to God to never allow me raise my kids on the mainland (Ajegunle precisely) and God answered my prayer. cheesy cheesy

There is no where in Lagos that is safe. The island is not safer than the mainland. I don't know much about Ikoyi but from Victoria Island downward to Eleko. I don't know much about Epe. From Victoria Island if you drop your valuables anyhow inside your car it is gone. Lekki phase 1 to osapa used to be very safe but boys dey burgle their house that's why there so many security gate everywhere like prison yard. Ajiran boys go steal from you, force you to make transfer and still tell you to bail your phone. Jakande Boyz that's headquarters of Cult Boys on the island follow by ikota boys and Oke -Ira Nla Boys. In Chevron even with security them still dey burgle their cars parked out in their street, in their estate. Gist around is that car thieves now rent houses in these estate to steal. What they forgot is that anywhere where there is high concentration of prostitute/Runs girls/Aristotle/Hookup girls, there is tendency of high vices around. The slum around Abraham adesanya especially opposite Total filling station. Those who know, knows. Shey nah ogombo road or Badore road, abi awoyaya road and beyond. Ask bolt driver what's up. Just too many. Make I stop before dey find my i.p address. Stay safe. By the way light has improved on the island, I no know where that op dey stay on the island.

14 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by macho44(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
Astra101:
Anything lekki and Nepa (or whatever they are called there) can not be used in the same sentence. Big men in naija don't pay light bills. Someone just told me they have at least 18 hours of light in Ikeja since the subsidy was removed.
No be lie. Even for Igando where I dey, sometimes I dey PINCH myself in disbelief. But I Sabi say Devil no dey give something for free, I'm waiting for the Electricity Tariff INCREMENT with my full chest.
Truth is, even if the increment comes, and Dem dey bring light, I mind. To buy 1 liter of fuel for 500 Naira is a No-No! For me😁

7 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 8:31pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
It's like you want to walk through the valley of shadow of depression tonight? cheesy cheesy

I don't hold back o. I'm warning you for the last time, stay the fvck away from my mentions. angry angry

Is this all you have? I would have guessed so. I for use you come out of retirement this night.

You picked the wrong one, Mr Sangotedo.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by highoctane: 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
Live Live In Nigeria, As If You Are Living In Abroad.

Greenify Solar Energy Nig, Lagos, Abuja , Port Harcourt.

I sold my generator since 2016, so can you.

We technically craft things beautifully

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by NoToPile: 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
OP's thread has been derailed to another mainland versus Island palava.

Una no dey taya.

Welk some of us stay on the mainland Infact na exterior exterior mainland no be Central mainland sef and enjoy at least 20hours light daily. At least we have light.

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ravensckar(m): 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

Is this all you have? I would have guessed so. I for use you come out of retirement this night.

You picked the wrong one, Mr Sangotedo.
One thing about infantiles is that they always think they are the smartest in the room. You lived and worked around V.I axis and that formed your opinion about 'Island'. Funny enough, I have lived and worked around that same V.I, Lekki Phase 1, Ikate axis, Chevron axis and down to Sangotedo. Yet, I never claimed to be a public commentator on power distribution. You seriously need to grow up!

Secondly, that d1ck measuring contest that you earnestly want to have with me will not happen because the last time I checked you don't have a d1ck. So, I'll pass on that. I know folks like you who will cry wolf when served a dose of their own medicine. I would have ignored all your infantile rants and name calling but the book of Proverbs 26:5 says; 'Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes. The self-confident fool thinks too highly of himself and his opinions, and he shares them freely'.

Stay off my mentions, I'm warning you. shocked shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Icrave4u: 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
Abeg leave the babe biko ,pity her!
ravensckar:

Come, go and ask of me very well from Kobojunkie (your fellow armchair critic). I can be civil for as long as I can maintain my resolve. No be sey when he start now, you go come dey play the 'woman card'. I don't hold back o. I'm warning you for the last time, stay the fvck away from my mentions. angry angry
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by CaptainFM1: 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2023
ceeceeuwa:

Its my personal building and I work from home. We have been managing well before this whole thing started. I guess it is bitting everyone one way or the other.

I feel your pain. Here in Ipaja, Tinubu want to use electricity to kill us oooo. I had to switch of my fridge because everything inside is now at mortuary standard. I pray his battery last after this London recharging.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ravensckar(m): 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Icrave4u:
Abeg leave the babe biko ,pity her!
I been dey try avoid her but it seems she's feeling like the 'Ultimate Warrior'. Me wey no dey carry last for anything online fight. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I go just use her clean shoe now. But when e happen, she'll start playing the 'gender card'. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

There is nothing to hate about you and your Sangotedo. Except you can tell me how much you are earning and just one great mind you have run into.

"I would also like to show you why I am Pocohantas..." - Now, this is getting interesting, where is my blanket?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.