Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed In My Neighborhood (40428 Views)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child / Something I Noticed In Relationships And Marriages / Have You Noticed This About Families These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Youngsage: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
pocohantas:

I never spoke for you. I am sure I didn't tag you in that comment.

I also never expected your first reply, so I would be pleased now that I wouldn't have to deal with another reply from you.

Typical Tier4 Island aggresiveness. grin

Lmao good! The guy's ignorance is so shocking.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Youngsage: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2023
ravensckar:
It's like you want to walk through the valley of shadow of depression tonight? cheesy cheesy

Come, go and ask of me very well from Kobojunkie (your fellow armchair critic). I can be civil for as long as I can maintain my resolve. No be sey when he start now, you go come dey play the 'woman card'. I don't hold back o. I'm warning you for the last time, stay the fvck away from my mentions. angry angry

You have a serious problem only worsened by the fact that you don't even know you have a problem.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Youngsage: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2023
pocohantas:

Nothing is wrong with it, but don't claim to meet great minds there. Have you met Elumelu?

Or because you met your fellow oversabis with bogous startup plans, you feel you have arrived? Great minds indeed. You think say na by big English? Use fat tie wan choke yourself.

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Youngsage: 2:31pm On Jun 28, 2023
Maysdevices:
Maybe as rich but not richer.

That’s impossible.

Lol you will be shocked! There are richer people on the mainland but those on the island just happen to be louder so they are perceived as richer. I work with developers so I know what I am saying grin

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Maysdevices(f): 2:32pm On Jun 28, 2023
Youngsage:

Lol you will be shocked! There are richer people on the mainland but those on the island just happen to be louder so they are perceived as richer. I work with developers so I know what I am saying grin
Not on average.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Maysdevices(f): 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
Most things are now very expenses and most people cannot avoid it. May God help us in Nigeria and bring down the course of living.

I pity those who did not go to school
Some of them don't even know that
afternoon sleep is called sylvester. Ajepako do you know?
Sylvester?

Lol!

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Maysdevices(f): 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2023
ukaface:

Smh
🤦🏾‍♀️
Nothing is wrong with me o oga
Let the small nyash shake in peace
How am I claiming oldie? Because I Dey wonder how school children Dey cope?

Wait fess, person wey finish secondary school 2011 no reach to claim oldie? Abi is something wrong with that bayi?

Which kain shaming be this one bayi? Nawa o
Please we’re not old cry
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ukaface(f): 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2023
Maysdevices:
Please we’re not old cry
😂🤣😂🤣😂okay we are young

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2023
bigbauer:

Typical Tire4 Island got me cracking. I've stayed in phase1, phase2, at a point I even stayed at Alpha Beach, and I can tell you for free Lagos Island isn't worth the hype, it's one of the most corrupt places in Nigeria, the headquarters of all forms of social vices, prostitution, lesbianism, gay, the whole LGBTQ thing.

And IMHO it's one of the worst places to train a child, 7out of 10 female (18+) is in one form of prostitution (I consider all forms of multiple sexual partners as prostitution) or the other, the same with the males.

Lemme not get started on the poor sanitary condition of the place especially when it rains, + lack of water (no thanks to the ocean).

In summary, Lagos Island no worth am.

I'm grateful that I escaped the madness called Lagos I dey one bush around middle belt Nigeria, clean air, no congestion, access to good and fresh food, etc. Make una dey una Lagos.

This is exactly what i am searching for right now.

Many Rich People in Nigeria don't know how to enjoy life.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Acidosis(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2023
Youngsage:

I don't even get this island vs. mainland arguments. How do people compare Island (with 2 local governments) with mainland (18 local governments)?? It doesn't make sense. It is easy to pick the worst places from mainland's 18 local governments and compare with a tiny Ikoyi.

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by bigbauer(m): 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
Evolutionlove:

This is exactly what i am searching for right now.

Many Rich People in Nigeria don't know how to enjoy life.

My dear, the reality is that most people in Lagos have are yet to realise the level of unnecessary stress that they've subjected themselves to.

There's no arguing the fact that Lagos has some advantages, but most of those advantages aren't accessible to all residents especially an average person that's working a 9-5.

Most Lagosian spend a better part of their lives in traffic congestion, they live a restless life, life on the fast lane, always in a hurry to beat traffic .Lemme not get started on the folly of some islanders who spend more than half of their annual salaries on exhorbitant house rent, not including service charge.

I'm in the surbubs, no amusement park, no shopping mall (3hours drive and I have acess to these things) but i have some peace and quiet and a much healthy lifestyle.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Eagba(m): 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2023
Abudu2000:
baba no one is forcing anything but I think life is too short to take nonsense all in the name of a cheap neighborhood. I grew up at mainland and know how what i had to endure because I started in a serene environment before my dad lost his job then he relocated to lagos and had to start all over. It wasn’t easy for me adapting. I don’t need to explain much but mainland is for people who are messed up mentally because it you really value peace you would find a noisy environment attractive. 800k in a fair environment to me is better that a 3bedroom flat in en environment where you are constantly exposed to danger. Mainland ppl go dey jealous of ho dey use camry big daddy can you imagine, big daddy that most islanders won’t board as uber. Last week here I visited mainland and it was almost like i was visiting a foreign country coz it’s been long i saw a yellow bus with a bus conductor. Any youth that start out on the mainland has already place a high odd on his ability to fail
Abudu! Why are you displaying your low self esteem on a public forum. Only if you know that the whole of Lagos is a giant slum, you be chilling and Sha dey do self development and be looking for self fulfillment.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by merieam16(f): 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2023
ceeceeuwa:

Most people idea of island does not go beyond Ajah.
I lived the greater part of my life on the mainland. Before the Lagos Badagry express way was constructed it was hell for people living on that axis. I could remember trekking from volks to Okoko because of the terrible roads. I visited the mainland this February and we were robbed in the traffic between Barracks gate to volks. I still have scars from that robbery episode. I get panic attacks when I remember it. We all can't live on the mainland.
With the 2nd phase of the road construction project project from Eleko junction to Abraham Adesanya the traffic issues will soon ease off. This area is gradually developing and has prospect.
My family's little investment here will still be beneficial to my children in the nearest future.

On the food aspect,people still go to Epe to restock for the month. Kara market is even closer than Epe. So living is a choice!

It is easier and faster for me when traveling outside Lagos. I'd get to my destination before anyone travelling from the mainland.

On people who choose to livie fake lives,it's their choice.
This part of the island is not as congested as people think.
We get fresh air from the ocean atleast free from the pungent gutter smell that is synonymous with 'Lagos'.
Ibeju lekki people i hail o
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by BornToSucced(m): 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2023
Nicols:

Correct guy.
I had 1m and was looking for a loan of 700k to meet up with the 1.7m quotation that my friend who happens to be a solar expert gave me until my wife suggested that we go to Alaba and buy the little we can get for the moment before prices go up. Surprisingly, we got everything that we needed for the installation within 1m. Everything apart from cable which I late bought from my neighborhood.

That's the way bro. I bought my solar panels from Alaba as well.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by BornToSucced(m): 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
njelrapheal:

How much did it cost you and how much panels, inverter rating and batteries did you purchase.

The cost depends on what capacity you need for your household items. In my case I bought 2 Genus batteries, and Genus 2.5kva Inverter from Simba. The solar panels were Canadian used which cost me about 50k or thereabouts for each. I can't really remember the exact costs. I bought the panels online from a dealer in Alaba.

You can get one battery and 2 panels for now, then add more batteries and panels in the long run.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ConfidentialDoc: 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2023
Caseless:
Ibeju Lekki.

Low key Ijebu ode

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by sexyteeola(f): 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
ravensckar:
Whilst I don't know the 'night school' that you graduated from, I'm sure of one singular fact; you barely passed English Language (especially the Comprehension aspect). Everything about your reasoning is antithetical. cheesy cheesy

You not a worthy adversary at all! Go and look for your mates to bandy words with. Exchanging words with you is tantamount to arguing with a brain dead. It's just not worth it! angry angry

Omo with this your grammar na bill gate and Elon musk you suppose Dey dine with ooo 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ceeceeuwa: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2023
ravensckar:
You see when people wey get sense talk, e no dey hard to know. I just jejely avoided going into argument with that 'girl' because I knew where she was heading to. From her reply, it was obvious that she regards people that live on the island with contempt. She couldn't shake off the word 'Estate' in my write-up. Little did she know that it's just our own way of saying street, hood or area. Abi e get any street for Island wey dem no tag 'Estate?'.

To further display her contempt, I made mention of 'great minds'. The thing bite am for body again. Me wey know the caliber of people wey I mingled with both on the mainland and Island.

Your summation is apt and it made me realize there are people who can relate to what I said. I just didn't have the luxury of time to exchange words with her. You see Pocohatas & that other one called Kobojunkie both of them always type like people who reason from their an*us. I too sabi wan kill them! The day I handled Kobojunkie, na since then she dey avoid me. Pocahatas, I never get her time yet. Breakfast na turn by turn. cheesy cheesy
When I created the thread,I noticed she was trying to derail it by attacking people on the island like she's got some kind of contempt for them. I just jejely avoided her. The bile in her comments was just so obvious. Without laying emphasis on the valid points I made which is the reduced standard of living by people since the subsidy removal.
She even went ahead to advice I park out from my own house because it is not a must to live on the island
If na so, we would have all left Nigeria since the government is not favourable.

Before I left the mainland few years back the light situation was nothing to write home about.
The fact that there is improvement now does not mean it won't get to other places in Nigeria. All we hope for is a better Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Blazadenise(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
People always conclude easily that food items are more expensive on the island compare to mainland, chicken is 2700 last i bought, plantain,tomatoes,yam,corn and the likes are more cheaper here..

Meerahbel:
Which food is cheap on the island?
How much is a kilo of turkey and chicken on the island?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
Abudu2000:
baba no one is forcing anything but I think life is too short to take nonsense all in the name of a cheap neighborhood. I grew up at mainland and know how what i had to endure because I started in a serene environment before my dad lost his job then he relocated to lagos and had to start all over. It wasn’t easy for me adapting. I don’t need to explain much but mainland is for people who are messed up mentally because it you really value peace you would find a noisy environment attractive. 800k in a fair environment to me is better that a 3bedroom flat in en environment where you are constantly exposed to danger. Mainland ppl go dey jealous of ho dey use camry big daddy can you imagine, big daddy that most islanders won’t board as uber. Last week here I visited mainland and it was almost like i was visiting a foreign country coz it’s been long i saw a yellow bus with a bus conductor. Any youth that start out on the mainland has already place a high odd on his ability to fail

I beg to disagree with you my friend. I was born and grew up on the mainland and i can tell you i did not fail.
I never worked on the Island for one. I know lots of my friends in the same boat.
It is advisable you speak for yourself only.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2023
bigbauer:

My dear, the reality is that most people in Lagos have are yet to realise the level of unnecessary stress that they've subjected themselves to.

There's no arguing the fact that Lagos has some advantages, but most of those advantages aren't accessible to all residents especially an average person that's working a 9-5.

Most Lagosian spend a better part of their lives in traffic congestion, they live a restless life, life on the fast lane, always in a hurry to beat traffic .Lemme not get started on the folly of some islanders who spend more than half of their annual salaries on exhorbitant house rent, not including service charge.

I'm in the surbubs, no amusement park, no shopping mall (3hours drive and I have acess to these things) but i have some peace and quiet and a much healthy lifestyle.

You be correct guy. This is the gospel i have been preaching to some of my relatives. A lot of people have no business being in Lagos. If i might ask, which of the middle belt state are you.?
How is security situation over there.
I value serenity and peace of mind over all.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2023
Efilse:

The perfect response!!! You're a class act!

I need to come learn work from Poco!
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 28, 2023
Chidolalar:

Ok I know demonstration skul.
It is close to where I was staying while I was still in awka. Pls do u stay alone and can u accommodate me while I look for job around awka

Na wa for you o.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
Mods, this deserves the front page.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Jagermeister(m): 10:12pm On Jun 28, 2023
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Abudu2000(m): 10:12pm On Jun 28, 2023
Skyview01:

I beg to disagree with you my friend. I was born and grew up on the mainland and i can tell you i did not fail.
I never worked on the Island for one. I know lots of my friends in the same boat.
It is advisable you speak for yourself only.
if you made it on the mainland your connections must have been existing, like the dangote type. As a civil engineer i was on the mainland yet getting all my jobs on the island, even though my office was on the mainland i never secured a single job there so it only made sense that i leave the place for good and its been the best decision. I am on the real estate sector so if anyone can give you a general population wealth statistics then it’s me and take it from me, mainland proverty level is high. 2face was one pf the first celebrities to own night clubs but today over 90% of his fans don’t know the name because its on the mainland meanwhile donjazzy burger is already known worldwide, same as quilox. Imagine AY live being hosted on the island 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Jagermeister(m): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2023
Youngsage:

grin grin grin grin grin

Use fat tie wan choke yourself

It's funny as a passing statement but pocohantas meant that literally 😂

Look the guyman profile picture 😜

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2023
Abudu2000:
if you made it on the mainland your connections must have been existing, like the dangote type. As a civil engineer i was on the mainland yet getting all my jobs on the island, even though my office was on the mainland i never secured a single job there so it only made sense that i leave the place for good and its been the best decision. I am on the real estate sector so if anyone can give you a general population wealth statistics then it’s me and take it from me, mainland proverty level is high. 2face was one pf the first celebrities to own night clubs but today over 90% of his fans don’t know the name because its on the mainland meanwhile donjazzy burger is already known worldwide, same as quilox. Imagine AY live being hosted on the island 🤣🤣

I get your point now. I am glad you made it.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Jagermeister(m): 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2023
Maysdevices:
Sylvester?

Lol!

Don't mind the yeye person.

I legit went to Google to see if I'll find some new surprises this evening on the word 'sylvester' but came up short and instead found myself reading up about a flamboyant-gay black singer called Sylvester who died of AIDS in the last millennium.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Jagermeister(m): 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Low key Ijebu ode

If you switch places with the "j" and the "b"... You get the point, don't you?
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ConfidentialDoc: 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2023
Jagermeister:

If you switch places with the "j" and the "b"... You get the point, don't you?

Yeah , theyre just anagrams of each other..
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Jagermeister(m): 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Yeah , theyre just anagrams of each other..

😊

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.