Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed In My Neighborhood (40424 Views)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child / Something I Noticed In Relationships And Marriages / Have You Noticed This About Families These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Krak(m): 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
dawnomike:
Epe is Lekki phase 5 grin lol
Abi na Awoyaya you dey?

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
APC has successfully taken you back to the stone age

7 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by HonourableUche(m): 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:
The bigger question is, why are you still there?
Is it really close to your office or impacting your life and career in anyway? Bad water, evil traffic , exorbitant rent, expensive services and foodstuff. Fake guys and girls. 3 people in a mini-flat...etc

Anything after Ikate, count me out. Island no get light and when they do, they pay through the nose.

Osapa, Igboefon also has light most of the time. So you can still live beyond Ikate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Kellie069(m): 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
Mehn, over here, the electricity supply is top notch. It goes days without a blink except it rains . Omo I have never stayed without light for the whole of this year. When the light goes off, my inverter comes up, I have 2.5kva (two tubular batteries) I bought for 170k each. I never on gen this year.

13 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ArticleBeast: 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
ceeceeuwa:

Its my personal building and I work from home. We have been managing well before this whole thing started. I guess it is bitting everyone one way or the other.
You can consider that gas stuff that is trending
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Cassandraloius: 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
There's no need for you to continue residing there, go get another apartment, where you have constant light.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Lexxxyy: 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
Get this straight, no money is saved from subsidy. It was been funded with loans.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by GodWrites: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
I thank myself every day for my solar. I only use gen whenever I want to pump water.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Maysdevices(f): 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
ravensckar:
Lolz. You fell for the trap! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist pointing out the ' hasty generalization' in my comment. How you were able to commit such fallacy too beats my imagination despite knowing all too well.

Bottom line is that when speaking on a public forum, please endeavour to always speak for yourself and from your own 'perspective' so as to avoid misleading the public.

As for the other irrelevant things that you highlighted, I'll leave you to it. As I'm not in the mood for any 'roforofo' argument.

PS- please do not expect another reply from me.
Lol. For someone that doesn’t live on the Island. She sure does know a lot about it.

The mainland was hell, I’m glad and happy I moved away from it.

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by israelmao(m): 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
People are strategizing as cost of living is rising daily without commensurate incomes.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Allisgud: 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:
The bigger question is, why are you still there?
Is it really close to your office or impacting your life and career in anyway? Bad water, evil traffic , exorbitant rent, expensive services and foodstuff. Fake guys and girls. 3 people in a mini-flat...etc

Anything after Ikate, count me out. Island no get light and when they do, they pay through the nose.
exactly their lifestyle big man outside poorman inside

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Ventura1: 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
The should pull resources together and purchase a diesel powered generator. That's the best option.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
Allisgud:
exactly their lifestyle big man outside poorman inside

The ones farther down are the most touchy on topics like this. I started from Oniru, to Phase 1 and then... Nothing wey dey wan tell me about Island living wey I no know. grin grin

If you have the money, by all means stay there. If not, no do pass yourself.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Harcom: 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ajah to Novare Mall is a den of night crawlers especially during heavy traffic at night.My guy was robbed and stabbed while fixing his car along that route back in January.That area no safer you lnow
ravensckar:
Lolz. You fell for the trap! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist pointing out the ' hasty generalization' in my comment. How you were able to commit such fallacy too beats my imagination despite knowing all too well.

Bottom line is that when speaking on a public forum, please endeavour to always speak for yourself and from your own 'perspective' so as to avoid misleading the public.

As for the other irrelevant things that you highlighted, I'll leave you to it. As I'm not in the mood for any 'roforofo' argument.

PS- please do not expect another reply from me.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
dawnomike:
Epe is Lekki phase 5 grin lol
You even try.

It's Lekki Phase 30 sef, awon Makoko and environs set..
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by BornToSucced(m): 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
Please if you are reading this and you earn 150k upward, please save and switch to solar.

I know the initial capital investment can be high, but try. In my case, I saved for 6 months to pay for the entire system. To add to that, I bought the batteries, inverter, and solar panels myself, then call a technician to install.

7 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Abudu2000(m): 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

Ajegunle is the problem. I am sure your kids wouldn't mind Ikeja or Gbagada. Close to 12 hours is fair enough for your Sangotedo.

Great minds like you I presume. smiley

Lol. You run at certain areas, I have never had any reason to run here. I had a colleague living at Badore and they ran steady. She was robbed too. Anywhere there is a concentration of hungry people, there would be vices. And Sangotedo/remote Island isn't left out from that list. More reason you are staying in an "estate". You had to add the ESTATE.
that is the bright thing about the island. It is expensive so very few touta can afford to pay expensive rate of living hence they run back to their mainland land. I wa raised in mainland but i tell you this I would rather run gen 24hours on the island than 24hours supply on mainland. Mainland if filled with illiterates and hunger ia privalent there. Spare me that crap that there are rich ones on the mainland coz there’s none lol. I used to think I know rich people till i got to island and i saw theres a whole new meaning of wealth, you are not rich if you drive a 2012 car in 2023 lol dont tell me you are saving or living low key. Island here we have rolls royce users just cruising and living their best lives. Even at the expensive fuel rate now see people still drifting and reving in rush hours. Island is a cruise only if you can afford it though.

9 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by hedonido: 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
All these so-called 'Island' people mumuing themselves. Come to Abuja and experience sanity. Ordinary Garki (anywhere between Area 1 - Area 11) is far far far saner and more liveable than the entire 'phases' of this una overhyped multiple Lekkis.

27 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Mancala: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:
@Wunmi590, a lot of places farther down the Island do not have light. Some have estate grids that supplies them 24hrs power at a high rate. I am not moved by the 24hrs light they chant because most times it is not from the national grid and you need balls of steel to put on your AC overnight or leave your refrigerator on for 24hrs. Anyway, you get to charge your devices. Not bad at all.

They should give everyone prepaid meter, so that a whole area wouldn't suffer because some do not pay electricity bills. Let the people that are willing to pay have light. Until we get to that level, people should look well before chooking themselves into some areas. Except you are ready to generate your own power.

"you need balls of steel to put on your AC overnight or leave your refrigerator on for 24hrs" If you have constant electricity, it may be false economy to switch off your refrigerator for short periods of time to save energy. It's better to leave it on and let it run per designed efficiency since it can take a fridge almost 12 hours to cool down to set temperature once it has warmed up. Curbing excessive opening of the fridge is a better energy saving strategy, but if you have kids in the house, may be almost impossible to achieve undecided

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
Abudu2000:
that is the bright thing about the island. It is expensive so very few touta can afford to pay expensive rate of living hence they run back to their mainland land. I wa raised in mainland but i tell you this I would rather run gen 24hours on the island than 24hours supply on mainland. Mainland if filled with illiterates and hunger ia privalent there. Spare me that crap that there are rich ones on the mainland coz there’s none lol. I used to think I know rich people till i got to island and i saw theres a whole new meaning of wealth, you are not rich if you drive a 2012 car in 2023 lol dont tell me you are saving or living low key. Island here we have rolls royce users just cruising and living their best lives. Even at the expensive fuel rate now see people still drifting and reving in rush hours. Island is a cruise only if you can afford it though.

Lol. Are you driving a 2023 car or you just went there to watch other people drive these cars?

How much do you earn on your Island?

Mancala:

"you need balls of steel to put on your AC overnight or leave your refrigerator on for 24hrs" If you have constant electricity, it may be false economy to switch off your refrigerator for short periods of time to save energy. It's better to leave it on and let it run per designed efficiency since it can take a fridge almost 12 hours to cool down to set temperature once it has warmed up. Curbing excessive opening of the fridge is a better energy saving strategy, but if you have kids in the house, may be almost impossible to achieve undecided

They turn it off to conserve electricity units which works and is practical if there is guaranteed power supply round the clock. smiley

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ravensckar(m): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maysdevices:
Lol. For someone that doesn’t live on the Island. She sure does know a lot about it.

The mainland was hell, I’m glad and happy I moved away from it.
Sure she does. But I'm suspecting that her source of information is mere 'hearsay' and not borne out of first hand experience. Seeing how she hastily generalized, one can sense the contempt in her undertone from miles away. cheesy cheesy

Island wey dey give us joy and small semblance of peace and prosperity for Nigeria. Cost of living is expensive, it is always flooded and all the yen yen yen. We love it that way. My sister, only person wey don stay mainland before go understand the difference. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by GEEBITE: 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
Samgotedo is part of Island too?Even Lekki(I mean phase1)is not an island but a peninsular.
pocohantas:

Ajegunle is the problem. I am sure your kids wouldn't mind Ikeja or Gbagada. Close to 12 hours is fair enough for your Sangotedo.

Great minds like you I presume. smiley

Lol. You run at certain areas, I have never had any reason to run here. I had a colleague living at Badore and they ran steady. She was robbed too. Anywhere there is a concentration of hungry people, there would be vices. And Sangotedo/remote Island isn't left out from that list. More reason you are staying in an "estate". You had to add the ESTATE.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by graceilina: 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hmmm pls disembark from that area and come to my side. Light is 24 hours here
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by OutOnBail(m): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

Lol. Are you driving a 2023 car or you just went there to watch other people drive these cars? cheesy cheesy cheesy

They turn it off to conserve electricity units which works and is practical if there is guaranteed power supply round the clock. smiley
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Abudu2000(m): 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

Lol. Are you driving a 2023 car or you just went there to watch other people drive these cars?

lol am not oh but am still counted as those among the pack ie we follow
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
GEEBITE:
Samgotedo is part of Island too?Even Lekki(I mean phase1)is not an island but a peninsular.

Isn't it? Even Epe is part of Island. The whole area once you crossover the bridge is ISLAND.

There was this part I went to off Blenco. I was lucky they didn't chook hand in my eyes because I kept looking in shock. I wouldn't have been shocked if that was Ikotun.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ravensckar(m): 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
Harcom:
Ajah to Novare Mall is a den of night crawlers especially during heavy traffic at night.My guy was robbed and stabbed while fixing his car along that route back in January.That area no safer you lnow
Sure! Even for some parts of Awoyaya area (around Container Bus Stop), Baba dem dey operate once a while. But if you compare the frequency and the audacity with which criminals operate on the mainland to the Island. You will understand my point. It's just like comparing Nigeria to England in terms of safety. You'll agree with me that as much as England is adjudged to be safer than Nigeria, criminal activities do happen there as well.

Bottom line is that Island is like England while mainland is like Nigeria. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by pocohantas(f): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
Abudu2000:
lol am not oh but am still counted as those among the pack ie we follow

As usual. Island people always talk about meeting great minds, but they have never met any. And even if you meet one, do you have ideas to sell to him or her? If you don't have money, you can't even enjoy or access the elite places on the Island. Na to just dey attach. I love you for being sincere sha. cheesy cheesy

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Mancala: 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

False economy! My point is that you actually do not save more units doing that. If left on, the fridge cools down and reaches set temperature and the compressor shuts down and stays off for a long period if not opened. The compressor will only come on for a little time to maintain set temperature if opened or after being left for a while. If you shut it off, the fridge will warm up well below set temperature without compressor coming on such that when you turn it on, it takes a longer time to cool back down again thus consuming more electricity than if you left it on. The compressor is what consumes majority of the elecricity in a fridge. It sounds counter intuitive but thats the plain truth.

10 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by tuzle(m): 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
People talking about robbery on the main land, ajah under bridge is a robbers hotspot. They can steal u there if u are not careful

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.