Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (37683 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Roseey0(f): 4:45am On Jul 01, 2023
My problem is not who I married but more of the institution itself.
Marriage is a whole whole lot of responsibility embarassed. Some days I just wish I held on to my initial conviction that marriage was not for me. I don't know why I listened to this man cry and eventually agreed to do it. I for just dey my dey. I feel its harder because we live apart and I get to handle everything all alone. Man just thinks all he needs to do is to provide , so he is basically pushing his dreams. Life is more than money o though money is a must.

We move still tongue

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Goalnaldo(m): 4:59am On Jul 01, 2023
Roseey0:
My problem is not who I married but more of the institution itself.
Marriage is a whole whole lot of responsibility embarassed. Some days I just wish I held on to my initial conviction that marriage was not for me. I don't know why I listened to this man cry and eventually agreed to do it. I for just dey my dey. I feel its harder because we live apart and I get to handle everything all alone. Man just thinks all he needs to do is to provide , so he is basically pushing his dreams. Life is more than money o though money is a must.

We move still tongue
where is your location let me come and keep your company?

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by TheCongo2: 5:26am On Jul 01, 2023
kingsley103:
Never.

She insults my parents, disrespects me in front of my daughter. She takes advantage of the fact that I don’t beat a woman. I’ve tried to divorce her but she won’t go. She’s damn horrible.

Are you based in the west ?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by TheCongo2: 5:29am On Jul 01, 2023
Xpol:
😆 most of all these yes yes and yes no reach inside oh. Na cloth dey cover body wey we no know those wey krokro don finish their body. Some of all these yes people go still chop slap or insults from their spouse everyday or twice in a week

And why would they say YEs if they don't mean it?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by TheCongo2: 5:30am On Jul 01, 2023
Noble4life:
I don't understand.... Why are you lamenting? Can you explain?

Exactly my point
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 01, 2023
Goalnaldo:
where is your location let me come and keep your company?

Didn't you read where she said she is married?

Why don't you keep yourself company?

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 01, 2023
Oracleee:

Baba if you marry late and know what you're doing, responsibility no dey end but you will easily find your way through it. Most responsibilities are financial. A pastor once told me some 5 years ago that marriage is what will make me good financially, I told him tarrrh na better investment as a single would. Most financially risk and investment responsible singles take the married ones can't. Imagine you having 20m as a single, if you know your onions and you're disciplined, you would turn it to 40m in a couple of months, as a married na to first slice am commot school fees, house keep, in-law welfare and other baggages involved in marriage.

Over and over again, I will always tell any single reading this to invest and make good money before marriage. And also invest in your education to a very reasonable length as marriage won't give the chance and you only build on what you have as a single. Apart, marriage as E stand no get late comer. Whatever you invest on can be modified and built on in marriage. But if vice versa, well God bless your soul.

Your head dey there.
This was exactly my experience.
In-law responsibly come join.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:48am On Jul 01, 2023
Yes o. I marry her over a million times again.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Capernum: 6:20am On Jul 01, 2023
Psoul:

I'm not telling you to believe me. At my age, I can't come online to start faking things just to get likes and comments.

Probably, you've bn in bad relationships for a very long period that you never believed that there are many out there in a very blissful relationship.

I came from a family where love and unity is Paramount. I grew up watching how my dad and mom were so much in love. They built and transfered the love in/to us that as it is today, in our family, 9 of us are all married, you can't stay 3 days without calling to check on other even when we chat daily on our family Whatsapp group both those in Nigeria and those in diaspora.

I was even married in my head when I was still in my father's house. I'll always tell myself that I will love to marry someone like my mom so that we can always play the way my dad and mom plays always.

So, if you are unfortunate to come from a home devoid of love, it's not my making.

They're many blissful homes out there. Mine is number one. My wife and my children are always example of how a good home should be both in my street and my church.

Even in my office, when I speak with my wife on phone, my colleagues that did not know my wife most times never believed that it was my wife I was on phone with. They will say that I'm flirting with another woman cos the way we talk like boyfriend and girlfriend. We freely express our feeling as raw as we want.

So, believe it or not, it will change nothing.

Then I guess I have things to learn from you. Meanwhile, I don't argue with grace.

I came from a family exactly as yours, but my wife is from a complex family setting.

She's a good woman though. But think about this. I introduced her to her mum for the first time. She was never with her. I met her mum before her, I orchestrated their union. It was my first Marital assignment.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by mariahAngel(f): 6:34am On Jul 01, 2023
Skyview01:

I dey vacay with my family but he go still be like say i day home. Still watching after and running after dem even on vacation.

I paid for their vacation with my wife while i go solo for now. Like some sort of escape from reality for a short while.

Wife is meeting up with her school friend in Las Vegas in the fall and going to together with some of the kids.

They will also be going to California. She dey carry them go while i jejely go on my own solo vacation.

Now that you always want to be alone, leaving the children with your wife, let's hope you will keep up the energy when you're older, and they no longer need your attention.

Let's hope you don't complain when they're closer to their mother.

Let's just hope you won't later say that it's their mother that has "poisoned their minds against you" to keep them to herself.

You want to be a father, but you don't want to be involved, to take part in their nurturing.
You think being a father is just about doling out cash for them to travel to different places, just so you can have your space to yourself?

What about your wife that is always stuck with them?
Have you ever wondered how she feels?
If she needs a break?
It's all about you you you!
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Myer(m): 6:53am On Jul 01, 2023
Nairalander248:

U dey craze ooh grin while some are regreting not marrying early, you are regreting marrying early

Listen to married men and learn wisdom before jumping into conclusion.

He regrets marrying early, your line should be to know his reason.

Perhaps then you can know how to reason with him.

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Myer(m): 6:56am On Jul 01, 2023
Skyview01:
Yes, but i would not have married at 27. I felt i did not have enough of my bachelorhood.
Rented my first house with my wife.

Kindly share what you miss when you say you did not have enough of your bachelorhood?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Michaelota: 6:59am On Jul 01, 2023
Neeeeeeeever , uptil now am still looking for how to get out, if not for the children and family members i would have sort for a divorce. But God forgive so who am I not to but I can never trust a woman again.

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Ishilove: 7:07am On Jul 01, 2023
Rebelutionary:
Again and again without batting an eyelid abeg! If I travel back in time na she I go still look for abeg! Ah this woman is a blessing to me!

P.S: I think this thread is testament to the fact that there are working and happy marriages not all the gloom nd doom stories about marriages that only seem to abound out there!
People don't create topics celebrating marriages. They rather enjoy it in peace and happiness. It is those who are having marital challenges that create posts highlighting those challenges to either get advice or to clear their heads.

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by sacajawea: 7:21am On Jul 01, 2023
bukatyne:
@ Topic: Yes.

The tragedy would have been not marrying him. Then that would have been my worst mistake in life.
Ah AHH...
Bukky, nigba wo lo marry?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Btruth: 7:24am On Jul 01, 2023
Who says Rahab wasn't a good mother & great, great, great, great, great, .......grandmother to Jesus Christ?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Bimpe29: 7:34am On Jul 01, 2023
Reverse is the case for me. I wouldn't have married my wife.
Nice2023:
I would have married her earlier.

She has added so much value to me.

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Karlifate: 7:47am On Jul 01, 2023
Irunmole:
No! I would not had married her. The biggest mistake and most regretful decision of my life. Secretive, insular, vengeful and unforgiving woman. No support of any kind. Never forthcoming with inputs and contributions on decisions on major projects that we needed to take as a couple , critical decisions that would take us and our family forward. Ended up being married but lonely and alone! Nothing but regret and despair.

She seems to be an unevolved female Scorpio ♏🦂
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Karlifate: 7:51am On Jul 01, 2023
djon78:

You see

You were listening to Christian Brothers

Mine I Saw the red flags
But like I was Bewitched

Even my brother warned me
Because I felt I have delayed so much
That whatever I see I take

Now I am regretting

Although we are still together
She is not really a bad person like that
But she can be stubborn and wants her ways

Just believing she will change
Although funnily I still love her Sha

I am more of trying to overlook some faults
Concentrate on her positive sides Sha

Honestly marriage no easy at all

You're neither bewitched nor love her.

It's sunk cost fallacy that's making you to think she'll change.

It's easier to correct a child, than to change an adult.

You've over-invested either one, a combo or all of your M.E.A.T, while she invested little or nothing.

Sorry bro, she calls the shot.

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by luluosas(m): 8:09am On Jul 01, 2023
I will marry her over and over again. Thank you
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Rebelutionary: 9:05am On Jul 01, 2023
Ishilove:

People don't create topics celebrating marriages. They rather enjoy it in peace and happiness. It is those who are having marital challenges that create posts highlighting those challenges to either get advice or to clear their heads.
True word. People need to do more of this cos the "bad rep" marriage gets these days ehn it will make some people believe even those who are in happy marriages are lowkey "suffering" as evidenced by some people's comment on this thread!
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:22am On Jul 01, 2023
Skyview01:

The more life experience you have the more better decisions you are able to make in a relationship and selecting a life partner. This is basic common sense which i presume should be obvious.

I don't have to argue with you. You can do whatever you want with your life and family and will never respond to you again.

Abeg, na you sabi jare.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by henrimoto(m): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2023
Ishilove:

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Divoc19(f): 9:44am On Jul 01, 2023
No.
I realized now that marriage is not for everyone no matter how hard you try to fix things. Marriage is not for me.
Was once married for 11 years, I almost lost myself, my life, I have promised not to marry again

3 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Oracleee: 10:04am On Jul 01, 2023
Skyview01:

Your head dey there.
This was exactly my experience.
In-law responsibly come join.

I'm still single though...

That in-law responsibility ehn.... My brother-in-law asked my elder sister when they were dating about us her siblings as she was the first. He was asking what we do for a living etc.

It became clear to me when I started dating why he was asking.

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:08am On Jul 01, 2023
abobote:

The kind of girls you talk to when you are broke, is different from the ones you meet when you are doing better

And they tell women to support and build with their men when they have nothing. They build with the not-so-fine ones and start pursuing the very beautiful and attractive ones when the money comes.

Men aren't nice.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nairalander248: 10:24am On Jul 01, 2023
Myer:

Listen to married men and learn wisdom before jumping into conclusion.

He regrets marrying early, your line should be to know his reason.

Perhaps then you can know how to reason with him.

Do I look like unmarried person to you?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:27am On Jul 01, 2023
pappy4real:

Depressed by what?
In this hard economy, it's not like she's providing anything for herself or the kid?
I'm just fed up

She doesn't have to provide to be depressed.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:28am On Jul 01, 2023
pappy4real:

I tried this about a month ago and like I said earlier, she's so clueless she doesn't even know how n where to pack to. She was asking me to throw her things on the street undecided

Do you know what exactly is wrong with her?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2023
Why are people so obsessed with bad news and thinking people telling their stories here are lying? Are you guys so used to bad experiences and marriages that anyone who talks about their good marriageable experience is lying?

3 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by lavylilly: 10:45am On Jul 01, 2023
7arrows:

Never
Why?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by lavylilly: 10:46am On Jul 01, 2023
Morizo:

Honestly I wont but God has given us the grace to succumb our predicament
it is well cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly / Lady Forgives Her Father 27 Years After He Abandoned Her / This Girl Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.