Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (37453 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by surequality: 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
No! I will not.
Why?
I am AS by genotype and She is same.

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Oracleee: 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2023
Skyview01:

Also, when i go out, i get lots of phonecalls, daddy where are you? When are you coming back.

Sometimes i like to travel and vacation alone which i will start this year.

This is my biggest fear about getting married. My fiancee come still clingy and like lovey lovey. I'm so scared I won't be able to take the risks I take again financialwise and other aspect. Mehn I'm so scared of loosing myself.

Btw my fiancee is abroad and she's the type that can call 10 times in a day Double on a Sunday.

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by nandyz(m): 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
No, i won't.
Not that am regretting getting married to her but i hate it when someone doesn't take any words from me rather what his siblings or outsiders . This has kept me thinking to extent that most times I like looking outside but the fear of God keeps me going.. I do things by myself not even a single support and always challenging me

6 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by benqo01(m): 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
WHEN AM MARRIED THEN I WILL DROP MY TWO CENT ON THIS
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by goodmuscopi(m): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=124076591][/quote]
Sure I will.

truth is, I know nothing.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by goodmuscopi(m): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2023

sure I will

because I know nothing
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Oracleee: 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
bukatyne:

Do.you think marrying later would have changed the required responsibilities?

Even if you married at 40yrs after 'enjoying your bachelorhood', you would be faced with same or more responsibilities, more pressure and less energy.

Good you have identified an hobby; you can start with solo weekend trips to recharge. Also ensure madam's hobbies are factored in and done so she doesn't also feel burnt out.

Goodluck.

Baba if you marry late and know what you're doing, responsibility no dey end but you will easily find your way through it. Most responsibilities are financial. A pastor once told me some 5 years ago that marriage is what will make me good financially, I told him tarrrh na better investment as a single would. Most financially risk and investment responsible singles take the married ones can't. Imagine you having 20m as a single, if you know your onions and you're disciplined, you would turn it to 40m in a couple of months, as a married na to first slice am commot school fees, house keep, in-law welfare and other baggages involved in marriage.

Over and over again, I will always tell any single reading this to invest and make good money before marriage. And also invest in your education to a very reasonable length as marriage won't give the chance and you only build on what you have as a single. Apart, marriage as E stand no get late comer. Whatever you invest on can be modified and built on in marriage. But if vice versa, well God bless your soul.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by mariahAngel(f): 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
omooba969:

Be calming down na, wetin dey worry you sef?

Kini motún se báyí, kílo fa àrífín?

Sebi as you have scattered food thread, ara yin ti ba'le? undecided
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by mariahAngel(f): 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
Capernum:

I never thought she wouldn't fall in line. She was all I ever wanted until marriage.

Please note... She's a very good woman. The ONLY issue with her is issues bordering on my passion.

Many people are falling in line.

But you know that feeling? When people are applauding you, only for you to look around and see other ladies cheering you up while your wife is perpetually absent.

Okay. Now, I understand.

Have you communicated to her how her lack of support makes you feel?
Does she not love you?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Jaxx123: 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
Capital NO!

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
ncoolsome:

We that did,what did we do with it??

At least you get the experience on your resume. Me, a no get am for my resume. Lol
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Adimx567(m): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2023
Absuchat:
Yes... I will marry my spouse over and over again.

Although I've not met her grin
🤣😂
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Orderabove(m): 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
let me met her first
for now, let the single breath
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by absoluteSuccess: 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
abobote:

Stick to the topic, and stop taking everything personal.
Moreover its not every woman you can change to better

I'm actually responding to the brother I quoted. I agree with you, but if we approach marital issues from your angle, we already have a preconceived notion it would not work.

Who's to blame in such instance?

You married whom you marry, nobody married at gun point. So, it panned out the way you always see it panned out in the future. You get what you put in.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Karlifate: 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2023
Oracleee:

Baba if you marry late and know what you're doing, responsibility no dey end but you will easily find your way through it. Most responsibilities are financial. A pastor once told me some 5 years ago that marriage is what will make me good financially, I told him tarrrh na better investment as a single would. Most financially risk and investment responsible singles take the married ones can't. Imagine you having 20m as a single, if you know your onions and you're disciplined, you would turn it to 40m in a couple of months, as a married na to first slice am commot school fees, house keep, in-law welfare and other baggages involved in marriage.

Over and over again, I will always tell any single reading this to invest and make good money before marriage. And also invest in your education to a very reasonable length as marriage won't give the chance and you only build on what you have as a single. Apart, marriage as E stand no get late comer. Whatever you invest on can be modified and built on in marriage. But if vice versa, well God bless your soul.

💯

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by caandi: 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2023
Skyview01:

Responsibilities no dey end.
Also, when i go out, i get lots of phonecalls, daddy where are you? When are you coming back.

Sometimes i like to travel and vacation alone which i will start this year.
hmmm
With this your comment your zodiac birth sign might be Gemini ♊️
Most of them love adventures and like to change environ….
Well if you had the money you could plan this vacay together with your family
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Xpol: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2023
😆 most of all these yes yes and yes no reach inside oh. Na cloth dey cover body wey we no know those wey krokro don finish their body. Some of all these yes people fit dey chop slap or insults from their spouse everyday or twice in a week

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by abidem4real: 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
No! She's the greatest mistake of my life. Marrying her has made my life a shadow of itself.😭😭😭😭

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2023
caandi:
hmmm
With this your comment your zodiac birth sign might be Gemini ♊️
Most of them love adventures and like to change environ….
Well if you had the money you could plan this vacay together with your family

I dey vacay with my family but he go still be like say i day home. Still watching after and running after dem even on vacation.

I paid for their vacation with my wife while i go solo for now. Like some sort of escape from reality for a short while.

Wife is meeting up with her school friend in Las Vegas in the fall and going to together with some of the kids.

They will also be going to California. She dey carry them go while i jejely go on my own solo vacation.

3 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by johnson8213: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
Capernum:
No. Simply put. She doesn't believe in my dreams and aspirations and she doesn't support it one bit.
This sounds like my situation. The children did not allow me to take decisions. .
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Noble4life(m): 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2023
blabulu2000:

Most of dem are just a bunch of liars. They are saying yes " because their wives know their user name on this platform...I can bet you this opinion didn't represent a typical Naija husband. Most of them are regretting... because of their entitled mentality "Wives they have married....tueh "
No be me dey follow you suffer for your marriage....keep on suffering and pretending....till death do you part
I don't understand.... Why are you lamenting? Can you explain?

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Floramie: 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=124076591][/quote] Not at all.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Paramount01(m): 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
bukatyne:

What felt missing?

What is marriage stopping you from enjoying?

Like carry different girls, girls fighting over me,girls,doing everything to please me so I can marry her.e.t.c barchelor are enjoying!
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Irunmole(m): 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2023
No! I would not had married her. The biggest mistake and most regretful decision of my life. Secretive, insular, vengeful and unforgiving woman. No support of any kind. Never forthcoming with inputs and contributions on decisions on major projects that we needed to take as a couple , critical decisions that would take us and our family forward. Ended up being married but lonely and alone! Nothing but regret and despair.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by biomi: 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=124076591][/quote]will not try it
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
No one is perfect, I will marry her, over and over and over again and again.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by pappy4real(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

She may be depressed.

Depressed by what?
In this hard economy, it's not like she's providing anything for herself or the kid?
I'm just fed up

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by pappy4real(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
jackmrandy:

send her go her parents house. what are you still doing with a pale woman , an unattractive woman who is a burdent to you

I tried this about a month ago and like I said earlier, she's so clueless she doesn't even know how n where to pack to. She was asking me to throw her things on the street undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by djon78(m): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
Epicji:

All d xtian brothers in my church gathered me that l should not bring disgrace to d church when l wanted to cancel d wedding just a week remaining. D marriage lasted only 5yrs.am on my own now.

You see

You were listening to Christian Brothers

Mine I Saw the red flags
But like I was Bewitched

Even my brother warned me
Because I felt I have delayed so much
That whatever I see I take

Now I am regretting

Although we are still together
She is not really a bad person like that
But she can be stubborn and wants her ways

Just believing she will change
Although funnily I still love her Sha

I am more of trying to overlook some faults
Concentrate on her positive sides Sha

Honestly marriage no easy at all

5 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Ariketolu: 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
Yes. I will marry her again and again.
She has been the unseen force behind my progress, even before we got married many years ago. She never says it and never rubs it on my face.
I keep loving her more by the day but I have realized that no matter how much I love her, she continues to beat me to the game.

NOW TO ALL THOSE SAYING MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE COMMENTED ARE LYING, The last time I checked, this is an anonymous forum. Why would I lie to people who don't know me or give a Bleep if I'm fine or not.
I suggest you look inwards cos the fact that it did not work for you doesn't mean it's not working at all. May we not have an enemy as a life partner or be one to our spouse.

Happy and growing home is real!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by ncoolsome(m): 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
Skyview01:

At least you get the experience on your resume. Me, a no get am for my resume. Lol

We don't need all this type of experiences...some guys don knack witch,one of my friend almost knack mad woman...Abi ur eyes still dey outside..
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
ncoolsome:

We don't need all this type of experiences...some guys don knack witch,one of my friend almost knack mad woman...Abi ur eyes still dey outside..

Nacking different women is not the experience i was hoping for as a bachelor. I don't see the big deal about sex to start with.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

How To Live With a contentious woman / Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! / I Sold My Husband’s House And Relocated To The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.