Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure (30911 Views)

Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification / Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege / 'My Election Is Done & Dusted' - Wike Tells Rivers People To Deliver Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by nairalandkachy1: 9:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
PRESIDENT TINUBU: CASHLESS POLICY OR NOT, MY ELECTION VICTORY WAS SURE

President Bola Tinubu on Thursday in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, said he remained hopeful and optimistic about achieving victory in the last presidential election, despite the ineffective cashless policy implemented by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The President spoke in separate remarks at the palaces of the Paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, in Ijebu-Ode and Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, in Abeokuta , during a thank-you visit to the Royal Fathers.

Reflecting on the challenges in the build-up to the 2023 presidential election, President Tinubu recounted his concerns about the confiscation of funds and the failure of the cashless policy, and how he had previously sought wisdom and guidance from Oba Adetona during his visit to the palace.

According to the President, he invoked the spirits of freedom and determination, symbolised by "Baba Emilokan," to overcome the obstacles in the election.

"Our monies were confiscated. The cashless policy didn’t work, it was terrible then. I realised that, I came to Ogun State to invoke the spirit of freedom which we are noted for.

"I invoked that spirit twice. The spirit of Baba Emilokan. That’s Baba. Being blunt, being decisive, that's him, he will tell you. The second spirit is that money or no money (we will do the election and we will win),"
he said.

President Tinubu acknowledged that these spirits had been the driving force behind his service and expressed his gratitude to Oba Adetona, all the Obas, elected officials, particularly his ‘personal friend’, Senator Gbenga Daniel, the Senator representing Ogun East.

He thanked them for their loyalty and commitment during those crucial times in the 2023 election.

The President, who described his visit to Ijebu-Ode as a homecoming, told Kabiyesi:

"The way you have taken me, the way you have responded to me, all I can say is thank you. May you live long and may you witness a prosperous Nigeria."

He also acknowledged the presence of Chief Mike Adenuga, Nigerian billionaire businessman, and expressed pride in his contributions to the Nigerian economy.

During his visit to Abeokuta, President Tinubu thanked the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, for receiving him, describing him a great leader.

He expressed his commitment to fulfilling his promises and appealed for prayers from the citizens of the state to ensure progress and stability in the country.

"I have redeemed my pledge that I will come back with victory and the crown.

"The hope is recharged; the hope is here. That hope will never fail. That hope will recharge your lives in a positive manner.

"By the grace of Almighty God, we shall reap the fruits of our labour, Nigeria will see positive change, just endure these baby steps of pain.

"This country is the only one we have. I have been a refugee and I know what it means to be a refugee and my green passport is what I still have now."

In separate remarks at the palaces of the Paramount ruler of Ijebuland and Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, in Abeokuta, Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State thanked the President for the visit to the State, describing him as a man of uncommon grace and a living testimony of resilience.

Chronicling the President’s antecedents as a visionary politician, the governor said the pronouncement of President Tinubu in the first few weeks in office had defined him as rightly prepared and qualified for office.

Oba Adetona and Oba Gbadebo, in separate remarks in their palaces, commended President Tinubu for his leadership, acknowledging him as an instrument of God chosen to rectify past shortcomings.

They offered prayers for the President's guidance and good health, urging Nigerians to support his administration.

Also speaking, Oba Babatunde Ajayi, the Akaraigbo of Remoland, who commended the President for starting his administration exceptionally well, noted that the people need urgent palliatives to mitigate the effects of the current challenges.

He lauded the wise decisions so far taken by the administration, reminding the President of his promise to bring development to Remo.

''I remember when you came to the palace and all we said is our dream is for you to go and win the primaries, and that once you win the primaries, I’m sure that God will take us there. I’m glad that God took us there.

''I want to remind you of what you said when you came to Remo. You said with the proximity of Shagamu to Lagos, you were surprised at the level of development in Remo. This is the time Mr President to walk that talk,'' he said.

Dele Alake
Special Adviser to the President
Special Duties, Communications and Strategy
June 29, 2023

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
Could that be the reason why Tinubu's supporters never ever said they will WASTE their vote because they know that Tinubu's victory was so sure?! grin

It is only when you are consciously and subconsciously very, very sure that the candidate you intend to vote for is going to lose, while the one who we all consciously and subconsciously know will win but we were so willing NOT to vote for an obvious winner because we hate him so much that we prefer to waste our vote on an obvious loser that is when we choose to waste our vote. The losers didn't come as a surprise at all.

Tinubu's win is neither a surprise. It is like Mancity win against Inter at the championship league final. Mancity win was too sure. Tinubu win was too sure since after he won the APC presidential ticket which was the only challenge for Tinubu, the rest was a free pass to victory.

Among those who wasted their votes, some are still wasting away in their loss while others like me are becoming more and more endeared to the winner, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu wanting to be part of his success. Tinubu's government will be so successful there is no doubting this.

123 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by TemplarLandry: 9:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
cool Sure thing. It's the Lord's doing.

I dedicate “Blessings” by Kaestyle & Omah Lay to Aşiwaju. Great jam!

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by WhisperedNoise: 9:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
Trash. Balablu trash.
Tinubu invoking "god" in his statement is like a thief who goes to steal and thanks "god" afterwards for a successful operation.

They should not co-mingle God with their rascality, please.

PS
I woke up to a number of mentions from people who are angry. See, God and sin don't coexist. If you want to serve God, serve God. If you want to serve Satan, serve Satan. Both will not mingle.

If Baba Bulaba wanted to really give glory to God, he should have won fair and square but he decided to employ Satan's agents to ensure victory so, he has cut God out of his path to victory.

We need to know God and not just religion. Many of you are religious, and you want to mold God into an image that fits your imagination. No. It won't work.

279 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by yarimo(m): 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jubilations all over Ogun state today as TINUBU came

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by WhisperedNoise: 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Sure thing. It's the Lord's doing.
It's Yakubu's doing.

161 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Babzrockman: 9:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
May Nigeria succeed

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Starboytwo(m): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Before nko?

%100 NO SHAKING.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by datola: 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Elenu Jagaban!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Tinubu is a beloved of God. Whoever God loves is incomparably excellent. Boys like Peter Obi and his maddening mob are way outside this circle of favour. God hates pretence. How could anyone have thought that He would prefer a Third Class graduate of philosophy who once vowed upon the incident of death if he ever left the party of his fathers? A container trader who was verbally cautioned by his acolytes to desist from citations about China, Indonesia and even Egypt economic growth and development that's rooted in equivocation and falsehood and lies. God so loves Nigerians that He so graciously gave us The Global Jagaban at this momentous time in the life of our nation. Otherwise, upstarts and chest beaters would have held sway by now, from Umuokpara to Arochukwu, stalking the land like the clay-footed God that the Long Juju is.

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by sirjoggy(m): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
but no fall my hand abeg

15 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by marlow1962(m): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
When tinubu told Nigerians "it is my turn", una think say him they play abo cheesy

Omo like this everything consumable is going up and never coming down again o. Better brace yourself up, this is the time your "so help me lord" that is in your national anthem will come to play, apc is not here for you to enjoy.
Government is reaping the masses off, the masses is reaping each other off.
What a wonderful movie

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Yamleg: 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Dan banza yaro ni tinubu yi seh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by obembet(f): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
That's fact our president.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is Nigerians first choice

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Favourchris(f): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
With all the suffering ravaging the nation, he is talking about election … that’s why he went to France and become mute

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by RingRoadMafia: 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
yarimo:
Jubilations all over Ogun state today as TINUBU came

Ya, he came in your mouth.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by NwaNimo1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
B.ullshit

A.nd

T.rash

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by ImoleNaija: 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Double sure sef. grin

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by PHZADDY1(m): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
This tax collector grin
Pharaoh

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Chibuzoripob: 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
angry cool Ogun and all the deities Kiii Emefiele there. That man really bend Nigerians with his wickedness

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by bennybuhari: 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
Emefiele the once powerful man is now eating watery beans in DSS dungeon

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by me69: 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
So you admit that you intended to use your funds to buy the election? Vote buying is a crime in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Scammerr(m): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
yakubu monmodu is always sure, he mean. What you sow, you reap. Yakubu can compromise, Judgment won't.

10 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Easybet1(m): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
Stolen mandate

5 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
grin
Tax collector Speaking after Pay off for Yakubu.

11 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by PrincessofDSS(f): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
I realised that, I came to Ogun State to invoke the spirit of freedom which we are noted for.

"I invoked that spirit twice. The spirit of Baba Emilokan. That’s Baba. Being blunt, being decisive, that's him, he will tell you. The second spirit is that money or no money (we will do the election and we will win)," he said.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Pandev(m): 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jagaban himself. Late night bombshell. Children of hate will sleep with heavy hearts tonight grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by crossfm: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
Hehehe grin.

Let the poor breath grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Stevosty: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
When INEC is already in his pocket.

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure by Hepn: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
V

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: Thousands Shred Pdp Membership Cards As Benue Apc Receive Decampees / 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari / Photos From Jimeta Police-Headquarters Yola Bomb Blast Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.