Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN (24325 Views)

Multinational Companies Exit Nigeria Amid High Operating Cost / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War / Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by mipeesoft(m): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
Bros be reasonable enough before making public comments. It's not just about cheaper electricity, it's the constant availability that matters most.
Gajagojo:
Where is electricity cheaper than Nigeria that they will go?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by EnglishUsa: 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
mugu

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Franchise21(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2023
helinues:
May?

Abeg where in June jo
Olodo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by orisa37: 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
TINUBU SHOULD PLEASE ADOPT FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by DatNiggaDaz: 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
omohayek:

You get it. So many commenters on here are so obsessed with pushing their favored narratives that they completely misunderstand what is going on here - the members of MAN are trying to blackmail the government into keeping in place price-controls that were already bankrupting the GENCOs and DISCOs before Russia's invasion of Ukraine sent energy prices skyrocketing, and that's before even taking into account how Nigeria's long-standing problems with inflation mean regular price "increases" are necessary for the power companies just to earn the same amount in USD terms to handle their operating costs (including cost of funding).

Anybody trying to blame Tinubu or even Buhari for this latest bout of special pleading by MAN is an utter economic illiterate. Not everything revolves around some imaginary "mandate" supposedly "stolen" by a "druggie" ...

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by SLOVFO(m): 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
I don't believe this

A lot of Multinationals are making lots of money and are capable of generating their power.

It's not only the multinationals that would be affected. Small businesses will be stifled and those without the capacity to generate power cheaply will go out of business.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Femmyfamous4u(m): 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
They won't if the power is available.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by samuelson06(m): 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
SmartPolician:

You cannot claim to love your country and be jubiliating when you read bad news about it.

Yes, I campaigned and voted for Peter Obi too, but always rejoicing whenever you read bad news about Nigeria shows you never loved the country in the first place!

You guys need to check yourselves!

When the righteous is in power, the people rejoice. But when the wicked rules, the people grumbles.

Tinubu is a wicked man and you don't expect him to do magic. Whether you supported Obi or the man in power makes no difference. Allow people to mourn about this bad government the way they want.

Mere wishes can't change anything. It can't change the man in Aso Rock or his wicked policies. So, let that guy be.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by AareGaa: 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
kayone2:
APC is indirectly pushing young people more into yahoo yahoo, kidnapping, food and drug adulteration, human trafficking, money ritual, and every illicit way of trying to make money, while they feed fat on our taxes.

It's easier to destroy than to build.

By the time, these investors relocate to Ghana and other neighbouring countries, and young Nigerians want to japa for greener pastures, you'll start making silly laws to stop them. Whereas your own children are overseas enjoying the best of life.

Na God go punish una

Investors are only relocating from Ibo land because of unknown gunmen and ESN.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Offpoint1: 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
It's not about the cost, it's about the poor supply with ridiculous price.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Nathaniel23: 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
No matter the cost,you will enjoy it if its constant unlike Nigeria where they sell darkness

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by pek(m): 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2023
SmartPolician:

You cannot claim to love your country and be jubiliating when you read bad news about it.

Yes, I campaigned and voted for Peter Obi too, but always rejoicing whenever you read bad news about Nigeria shows you never loved the country in the first place!

EASY. I don't see any wrong in his comment.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ufotunang: 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
... even when the manufacturers pay for the electricity light.. electricity is not constant..they pay for darkness bill. and still use their generators, fuel ,disel to provide electricity light to run their industries..but in other countries you pay for electricity and the electricity light is constant 24 hours..no need to use generator, fuel, disel...the cost of running bussiness, industries in nigeria is very high because of lack of power supply and the government does not provide a conducive environment for bussinesses, industries to strive and expand

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ufotunang: 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2023
That is the renewed hope nigerians voted for

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ufotunang: 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2023
Renewed shege

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Relixy2k: 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2023
The appropriate question is where else is electricity or
whatever you pay for is as epileptic as it is in Nigeria? Better you pay for something and get result than pay even lower and get virtually nothing.
Gajagojo:

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by NOwazobia: 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:

Why will a Company like Guinness or Coca Cola leave Nigeria? The Multinational are wealthy, they have the capacity to generate there power supply, so they will all be fine, no serious multinational will leave Nigeria at this moment, when power was horrible, they were surviving, they will also survive now.

They won't leave because they can easily transfer the burden of the cost to the end consumers. direct inflation.

But can you say the same for startups?

a crate of Pepsi is now almost 2400 naira, if not at it already. So, moving out and inflating prices because of an unfriendly economic environment has almost the same effect on the end users.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Vinnie2000(m): 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
ifeco4:

Keep quite there, you never campaigned and voted for Obi.

Besides, the person's comment is not that of jubilation but of self fulfilment that he knew the best candidate and supported him.

What do you want him to do🤔🤔 to go hang himself?

A government can not subject people to suffering and expect them to be rejoicing.

My happiness is that i campaigned, voted for the right candidate and warned people of the danger of Tinubu presidency.

They resorted to "Tinubu government will favour me and my family" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The Guy is actually an ObiDient. But a Gentlemanly one. 😕

Real ObiDients like us are NOT gentlemanly @all. cool cheesy

We give Agbadorians miscreants wotowoto. 😄☺️

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Vinnie2000(m): 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
ufotunang:
That is the renewed hope nigerians voted for

It was INEC, SW Agberos and Northern Almajiris that voted for Tinubu, Plz! 😏😒

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Novarisammy2: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
clearcrystal:

Most multinationals manufacturing companies generate their own electricity mostly with Gas generators.
Most companies don't use public supply because it's unreliable.

how much is gas now?

how much is the cost of production?
who bears the brunt at the end of the day?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ikennamadu1(m): 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2023
clearcrystal:

Most multinationals manufacturing companies generate their own electricity mostly with Gas generators.
Most companies don't use public supply because it's unreliable.

Name the multinationals

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by obi58: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2023
adioolayi:
No let these people bobo us...

I don't think there is any foreign manufacturer in Nigeria that will not gladly pay proposed increase (if true..that's 40% increase allegedly) ... PROVIDED THAT THE ELECTRICITY IS STABLE..

Because, even with the increase, electricity in Nigeria will still be one of the cheapest around the world.

You guys don't get it ....

Cost of production is already stiflingly high in Nigeria.

Multiple taxation, zero infrastructure, little or no access to credit, high level of bureaucracy, corruption etc have already made Nigeria one of the most difficult places to do business in the world that's why MAN is crying out. That's why our manufacturing industry is in the doldrums. Now you choose to increase electricity tariff not guaranteeing steady power supply further increasing their cost of production.

This is why Dunlop left Nigeria for Ghana and why we import more than we export.

This is also why our domestic rice is not as cheap as imported rice.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Novarisammy2: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
adioolayi:
No let these people bobo us...

I don't think there is any foreign manufacturer in Nigeria that will not gladly pay proposed increase (if true..that's 40% increase allegedly) ... PROVIDED THAT THE ELECTRICITY IS STABLE..

Because, even with the increase, electricity in Nigeria will still be one of the cheapest around the world.

we haven't seen anything light here since Sunday,re u trying to tell me that the increase will guarantee steady power supply when we cannot even generate enough electricity?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by topoftheworld(m): 7:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
JasonScoolari:
May this hike in electricity tariff favor me and my family.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Funny

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Kaycee9242(m): 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
taylor89:

When you go get sense guy

Them just employ you for this APC 30k work body just dey sweet you

Your fellow miscreants dey avoid this kind porous thread but you’ll always wanna jump on all thread and be shooting yourself in the leg

Make them no sack you oo

If no be say them dey ban person for this forum i for say make Thunder fire you

Lol guy i dun laf tire you really finished that guy

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by HenryWilliams(m): 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
I don't believe this

A lot of Multinationals are making lots of money and are capable of generating their power.

Very dumb statement..

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Alaigbopress: 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
taylor89:

When you go get sense guy

Them just employ you for this APC 30k work body just dey sweet you

Your fellow miscreants dey avoid this kind porous thread but you’ll always wanna jump on all thread and be shooting yourself in the leg

Make them no sack you oo

If no be say them dey ban person for this forum i for say make Thunder fire you

Funny enough if you see the life these people live outside Nairaland. It is pitiable.They just love to suffer and smile.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Okechinwadike: 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
SmartPolician:

did you love Nigeria? if you do bros you really need check up i swear

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Realguyman1(m): 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
See u... At least they will only pay for electricity where they will go, and not the one they will pay for electricity and still end up buying diesel over here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Kaycee9242(m): 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Are you sure you're normal? How is my innocent prayer of "Favor" your headache?

Who asked you who you campaigned or voted for?

Na you love Nigeria pass na. Rubbish. grin

You get time to answer that busy body

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Kaycee9242(m): 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
a4cube:
Where is the jubilation?

You asked the busy body well

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by kiddkash(m): 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
Ghana. And it is much more stable.
Go to Ghana and see how many businesses South Africans and Nigerians have

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tony Nwulu Returns To PDP, Vows To Work In Rebuilding Party / Kashamu Hid In Toilet For 6 Days During NDLEA Raid - Lawyer / Delta, Akwa Ibom Received Largest State Allocations In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.