Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN (24328 Views)

Multinational Companies Exit Nigeria Amid High Operating Cost / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War / Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by lexy2014: 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
SmartPolician:

You cannot claim to love your country and be jubiliating when you read bad news about it.

Yes, I campaigned and voted for Peter Obi too, but always rejoicing whenever you read bad news about Nigeria shows you never loved the country in the first place!

You guys need to check yourselves!

How is what the guy said jubilating in bad news about nigeria?

Is it his fault that there is bad news about Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Winters23: 5:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
Where is electricity cheaper than Nigeria that they will go?

Atleast they get what they pay for

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by harjay1986: 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
clearcrystal:

Most multinationals manufacturing companies generate their own electricity mostly with Gas generators.
Most companies don't use public supply because it's unreliable.

The company I work with just sign an agreement of 600million naira solar power .... the company earn in dollar and pay in naira shey naa that kind of company will like to leave soon .... some people mention ghana ... the truth is that even in Ghana the tariff is even more than the increase Nigeria have .... what can solve this is that at least minimum wages should be àround 250k to 300k then everyone will be okay
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Maliqcious: 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2023
I think Nigeria problem is unstable power supply but talking about cost Mehn Nigeria no bad like that.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Picardor2: 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:

Ur part of the problem

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Poske95(m): 5:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
I don't believe this

A lot of Multinationals are making lots of money and are capable of generating their power.

Where's the purchasing power....of the citizens to buy products affordably....
You'll buy a bar of soap @:#2000...?!

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Vadese1: 5:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
Do you even know what it takes to do business in Nigeria. Since you know the multinationals operating in Nigeria are making alots of money, then why are foreign investors not tripping to Nigeria to invest so that there can be jobs

Parachoco:
I don't believe this

A lot of Multinationals are making lots of money and are capable of generating their power.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by dandollaz: 5:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
In nigeria we pay for darkness and you expect the company to be happy.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by BantuCanon: 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2023
Okay
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ABsurebet(m): 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2023

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Angelfrost(m): 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
I just dey observe everyone!

Let the strong survive!

I still dey monitor the crime rate for now...!

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by stormborn28(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2023
vastolord4:
SAI Tinubu.. no steady light to run big businesses the alternative is petrol or diesel which is expensive.. can solar power a 17 floor building with heavy quipments in each floor?
grin grin grin grin

Said Tinubu....Una never see anything... Smmhh

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Eriokanmi: 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
That was what some gullible people like you once said when Michelin left Nigeria, later Dunlop followed suit and Unilever too, UAC, Nigerite...and the list is endless...guess what? They moved to Ghana and asked any nigerian staff who wished to follow them to not hesitate. If power were more expensive, they wouldnt have thought of leaving. All their products we consume now come from Ghana, far more cheaper than what they were producing when they were here

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Opanka44(m): 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
I don't believe this

Why would u believe when u have been brainwashed by Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by omohayek: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
adioolayi:
No let these people bobo us...

I don't think there is any foreign manufacturer in Nigeria that will not gladly pay proposed increase (if true..that's 40% increase allegedly) ... PROVIDED THAT THE ELECTRICITY IS STABLE..

Because, even with the increase, electricity in Nigeria will still be one of the cheapest around the world.
You get it. So many commenters on here are so obsessed with pushing their favored narratives that they completely misunderstand what is going on here - the members of MAN are trying to blackmail the government into keeping in place price-controls that were already bankrupting the GENCOs and DISCOs before Russia's invasion of Ukraine sent energy prices skyrocketing, and that's before even taking into account how Nigeria's long-standing problems with inflation mean regular price "increases" are necessary for the power companies just to earn the same amount in USD terms to handle their operating costs (including cost of funding).

Anybody trying to blame Tinubu or even Buhari for this latest bout of special pleading by MAN is an utter economic illiterate. Not everything revolves around some imaginary "mandate" supposedly "stolen" by a "druggie" ...

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:

You will learn

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ifeco4(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
SmartPolician:

You cannot claim to love your country and be jubiliating when you read bad news about it.

Yes, I campaigned and voted for Peter Obi too, but always rejoicing whenever you read bad news about Nigeria shows you never loved the country in the first place!

Keep quite there, you never campaigned and voted for Obi.

Besides, the person's comment is not that of jubilation but of self fulfilment that he knew the best candidate and supported him.

What do you want him to do🤔🤔 to go hang himself?

A government can not subject people to suffering and expect them to be rejoicing.

My happiness is that i campaigned, voted for the right candidate and warned people of the danger of Tinubu presidency.

They resorted to "Tinubu government will favour me and my family" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Nwaotu10(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
Tinubu is a disaster.
I don withdraw all my support for him. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
SmartPolician:

This one is self-inflicted by some fools so why should we be sad?

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Nwaotu10(m): 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2023
JasonScoolari:
May this hike in electricity tariff favor me and my family.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by stormborn28(m): 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
I don't believe this

Another Sai Tinubu warrior

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by VIKTO83(m): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2023
Everyone will open mouth huah!! And say whatever enters their mind.
How on earth will a company leave Nigeria for because of high cost of electricity?
We should only be concerned with generating and distributing regular electricity because Nigeria realism one of the countries with cheapest electricity.

Albeit, the solar companies will experience floodgates opening to opportunities .

Remember every form of harsh or unpleasant condition for one person is an opportunity for another person.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by FireUpNow(m): 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
How many counties have you been to?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by faithfull18(f): 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
Abi and export here.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Goodman2023: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
steady electricity...
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ObosiUkwalla: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
VIKTO83:
Everyone will open mouth huah!! And say whatever enters their mind.
How on earth will a company leave Nigeria for because of high cost of electricity?
We should only be concerned with generating and distributing regular electricity because Nigeria realism one of the countries with cheapest electricity.

Albeit, the solar companies will experience floodgates opening to opportunities .

Remember every form of harsh or unpleasant condition for one person is an opportunity for another person.

When kids like this talk, we know.

U still dey chop mama thank you, reason u can open ur mouth to vomit nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by FireUpNow(m): 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2023
harjay1986:

The company I work with just sign an agreement of 600million naira solar power .... the company earn in dollar and pay in naira shey naa that kind of company will like to leave soon .... some people mention ghana ... the truth is that even in Ghana the tariff is even more than the increase Nigeria have .... what can solve this is that at least minimum wages should be àround 250k to 300k then everyone will be okay
Wake up from your dream of minimum wage to be #25k-#300k

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Isobug: 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2023
SmartPolician:

You did not campaign for Peter Obi let alone voting for him.
You let people know when you feel they derailed

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by nedekid: 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:

Why will a Company like Guinness or Coca Cola leave Nigeria? The Multinational are wealthy, they have the capacity to generate there power supply, so they will all be fine, no serious multinational will leave Nigeria at this moment, when power was horrible, they were surviving, they will also survive now.

Remember dunlop and Michelin?
They relocated from Nigeria to ghana.
Those tyres are now imported from Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by sonofthunder: 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2023
taylor89:

When you go get sense guy

Them just employ you for this APC 30k work body just dey sweet you

Your fellow miscreants dey avoid this kind porous thread but you’ll always wanna jump on all thread and be shooting yourself in the leg

Make them no sack you oo

If no be say them dey ban person for this forum i for say make Thunder fire you

So what are you currently saying?

Thunder should fire him or Thunder should not fire him?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi Sues Felix Obuah, Rivers PDP Chairman / Rivers: One DSS Operative Killed, As Hoodlums Engage Security Men / Man Vows To Stop Eating Cow Meat After Attack By Herdsmen. See His New Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.