Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN (24331 Views)

Multinational Companies Exit Nigeria Amid High Operating Cost / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War / Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ugofulfilled(m): 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
Where is electricity cheaper than Nigeria that they will go?
Are you asking a genuine question or you're being satirical?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by marvrick: 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2023
Mmmm, Tinubu, if he will eventually rigmarole himself to remain president will have to give an arm and a leg to get Nigeria working again.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by kiddkash(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2023
SmartPolician:

You cannot claim to love your country and be jubiliating when you read bad news about it.

Yes, I campaigned and voted for Peter Obi too, but always rejoicing whenever you read bad news about Nigeria shows you never loved the country in the first place!

You guys need to check yourselves!
Shame when it happens, but people like Hellanus, free stuff use derogatory remarks and always look for threads that will be used to mock them. Don't take my word for it, search their profiles yourself. And you don't expect obidients to return fire

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by harjay1986: 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
FireUpNow:

Wake up from your dream of minimum wage to be #25k-#300k

Bro i know it will be difficult for Nigeria government to implement such but that is is the only way the money can go round and by so doin inflation will reduce because imagine a self employ guy who major in tiling or POP when he charge ur high base on the thing going on we may decide not to go that way but a situation whereby we have the purchasing power to fulfill such then we are game
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Gajagojo: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2023
kiddkash:

Ghana. And it is much more stable.
Go to Ghana and see how many businesses South Africans and Nigerians have
Can you back it up with figures?

Not beer parlour talk
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ogascomax: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:

Because they don't have the electricity in Nigeria and end up providing power themselves and still pays NEPA bill. People pay so much for power in this country that is, the means they use in the generation of power.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by RocksView: 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:

It will not be w£\\ with you for this statement, you bast@£ds

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by IslamIsIdiotic: 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2023
The question you should ask yourself is, where is electricity more abundant than in Nigeria and the answer is, in many other places. Nigeria's energy supply is too epileptic and unreliable to be doing shakara of tariff hike.

Gajagojo:

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by millionboi2: 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2023
Babathanks:

That's what I always tell most of them ooo especially this my compound here in abj. Anytime they here this bad news, they always rejoice and be using it to mock Yoruba
hahahaha E pain you?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by IslamIsIdiotic: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
There's no such thing as patriotism in Nigeria. Anyone who thinks it exists is a fool.

Money is the name of the game in Nigerian politics. Money and incompetence.

The politicians whose vomit you want us to lick will drop you and your mother into a pot of boiling water if they think they will make money out of it.

SmartPolician:

You cannot claim to love your country and be jubiliating when you read bad news about it.

Yes, I campaigned and voted for Peter Obi too, but always rejoicing whenever you read bad news about Nigeria shows you never loved the country in the first place!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Gajagojo: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
FireUpNow:

How many counties have you been to?
. Is that relevant?do I need to visit any country to get that information?
Ask something sensible
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by VIKTO83(m): 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
ObosiUkwalla:

When kids like this talk, we know.

U still dey chop mama thank you, reason u can open ur mouth to vomit nonsense

Ur stupidity stinks to high heavens.
I don't know why people must quote others as if there's a law binding them to it.
I buy and use fuel daily. Not on cars and I know what I'm saying.
I can comfortably pay electricity bills of 50k per month and it's cheaper compared to running generator daily.
When I talk about other countries I'm talking outa personal experience and not dem say like idiot like u. People like u run away from taxation and u believe that living free on amenities is ur right.

Anumanu!!!
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by tonytony208(m): 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
vastolord4:
SAI Tinubu.. no steady light to run big businesses the alternative is petrol or diesel which is expensive.. can solar power a 17 floor building with heavy quipments in each floor?

The entire family of SangoOlukosoOba are now using àtùpà elépo. That's how they Will live for the next four years. grin Family oloriburuku. grin

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by aurorae1: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Are you sure you're normal? How is my innocent prayer of "Favor" your headache?

Who asked you who you campaigned or voted for?

Na you love Nigeria pass na. Rubbish. grin

You think your family lives in isolation? Favour trickles down, it's a stream... If your boss is sacked by higher ups because of lack of running costs, will the workers under him and their families by extension not suffer?
I despise hearing such prayers of selfishness...
Maybe it's a reason why Nigeria has turned out this way, before we talked about brotherhood and community, now it's Me, me, me, my family only and yet we are a nation made up of families.
Oga o.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by visaclick: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
this comment is from tinubu son. Always active!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by JasonScoolari: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
aurorae1:

You think your family lives in isolation? Favour trickles down, it's a stream... If your boss is sacked by higher ups because of lack of running costs, will the workers under him and their families by extension not suffer?
I despise hearing such prayers of selfishness...
Maybe it's a reason why Nigeria has turned out this way, before we talked about brotherhood and community, now it's Me, me, me, my family only and yet we are a nation made up of families.
Oga o.
When you don't understand the sarcastic prayers, you start talking anyhow. 🙂

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by kiddkash(m): 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:

Can you back it up with figures?

Not beer parlour talk
Yes. I have lived and owned business in Ghana for 11 years.

Ghana government charged us a million dollars before they'd let us register our business. We had to come together to put the funds together and built a huge mall and Ghana law requires you to hire minimum of 10 Ghanaians as part of your company.

I don't have the receipt with me currently, because I am in Nigeria since late last year. But will be going back any time soon.

You can google it to find out for yourself.
Dangote
Glo
Edu motors
Young shall grow motors
Chisco
Go express
African eagle
Kene Tabs industries
Cars and motorcycles Spare parts
Indomie though partly owned by Indonesians and Nigerians
And many other I don't have off head

South Africans
ShopRite
Game
And many others

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Jlow2: 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:
check the minimum wage of those countries that have same energy price with Nigeria,at least the populace can still purchase a lot, everything has increased but minimum wage remain 30k, it can not by a bag of rice and a brand new Tyre for a small car, we’re do you want people to get money and purchase what the manufacturers produce.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Blazadenise(m): 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:

Have you had opportunity to work in a big organization, if you do, you won't be asking this ?. Do they get the light they paying for??

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by homosapien(m): 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
kayone2:

Nigeria's woes are too plenty at this time. If you have to soak up every tragic news over this country, your BP will be at huge risk.

It's better to take them with relieving jokes like he did.

By the way, his comment was meant to troll those indirectly begging us to move on/accept the faulty foundation that produced druggie as president

Please don't accept and don't move on. You can continue to look for your missing manhood. Anyone who ask you to move on will die a painful death.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by cucumbar: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2023
Babathanks:

That's what I always tell most of them ooo especially this my compound here in abj. Anytime they hear this bad news, they always rejoice and be using it to mock Yoruba
Why shouldn't they rejoice? didn't they warn you not to vote for someone that will further destroy the country? you went ahead because he is from your tribe. You expect them to cry abi? you sound confused.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by MrSly(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2023
SmartPolician:

Nigeria is not worth loving. In fact no right thinking man will love Nigeria of monkey dey work baboon dey chop. I hate Nigeria with all my strength. I am proud that I do.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Careful4u: 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
Must you guys find ways to defend rubbbbbiiish! Tueh!

Gajagojo:

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Vitally123: 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
That's what they want when they won't sit down to weigh their actions. Their families, extended families, will all partake of the sufferings.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Enemyofpeace: 12:39am On Jul 01, 2023
These people have weaponized poverty my brother. Yorubas say, ebi kii wo inú ki òrò imi wo. When the people have been battered by poverty, they become easy pickings for these criminal politicians. Like the bible said in the Book of Amos "they buy up the poor for a morsel of bread"; N2,000 to N5,000 for their loyalty and votes.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by grandstar(m): 1:02am On Jul 01, 2023
omohayek:

You get it. So many commenters on here are so obsessed with pushing their favored narratives that they completely misunderstand what is going on here - the members of MAN are trying to blackmail the government into keeping in place price-controls that were already bankrupting the GENCOs and DISCOs before Russia's invasion of Ukraine sent energy prices skyrocketing, and that's before even taking into account how Nigeria's long-standing problems with inflation mean regular price "increases" are necessary for the power companies just to earn the same amount in USD terms to handle their operating costs (including cost of funding).

Anybody trying to blame Tinubu or even Buhari for this latest bout of special pleading by MAN is an utter economic illiterate. Not everything revolves around some imaginary "mandate" supposedly "stolen" by a "druggie" ...

My thoughts exactly.

I am sure the price of power here would still be competitive and much cheaper than what's obtainable in Europe. Tinubu should ignore their scare tactics.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by NomborPhilip10: 2:56am On Jul 01, 2023
Nigeria have the cheapest electricity tariff both in Africa, Europe and the US.

If the MAN is agitating the hike will affect us as a people, it should be clear on that but saying manufacturers are leaving because of the high cost of electricity tariff is totally unacceptable
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by samkruzzi: 4:13am On Jul 01, 2023
So he should start crying abi?😏😏😏

SmartPolician:

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Macgyver1: 4:58am On Jul 01, 2023
taylor89:

When you go get sense guy

Them just employ you for this APC 30k work body just dey sweet you

Your fellow miscreants dey avoid this kind porous thread but you’ll always wanna jump on all thread and be shooting yourself in the leg

Make them no sack you oo

If no be say them dey ban person for this forum i for say make Thunder fire you

Laugh wan kee me, you don make me laugh this morning after thinking of balablu policies grin
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Macgyver1: 5:01am On Jul 01, 2023
helinues:
May?

Abeg where in June jo

On colos
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Crvrider: 5:49am On Jul 01, 2023
Lanretoye:
Will the improving electricity supply not subsidize for cost of running generators.most of us agree that there has been relative improvement in power supply recently.if u say hike in electricity tariff is tragic then I guess u need a checkup.

Generally there's always improvement during raining season, except for some reserved areas
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ObosiUkwalla: 5:49am On Jul 01, 2023
VIKTO83:

Ur stupidity stinks to high heavens.
I don't know why people must quote others as if there's a law binding them to it.
I buy and use fuel daily. Not on cars and I know what I'm saying.
I can comfortably pay electricity bills of 50k per month and it's cheaper compared to running generator daily.
When I talk about other countries I'm talking outa personal experience and not dem say like idiot like u. People like u run away from taxation and u believe that living free on amenities is ur right.

Anumanu!!!

Even fools claims to be Dangote on the internet. Online billionaire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apc’s Claim On My Citizenship Idiotic –atiku / FG Triggered RUGA Alarm In Abia With Suspicious Trailer Park - Sunday Owualah / Akpabio Denies APC Use Of Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.