Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN (24326 Views)

Multinational Companies Exit Nigeria Amid High Operating Cost / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War / Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Crvrider: 5:54am On Jul 01, 2023
Parachoco:

Why will a Company like Guinness or Coca Cola leave Nigeria? The Multinational are wealthy, they have the capacity to generate there power supply, so they will all be fine, no serious multinational will leave Nigeria at this moment, when power was horrible, they were surviving, they will also survive now.

Other factors do play in. You also need to consider the buying power of the country you're doing business in. Can Nigerians comfortably afford these things anymore? Although I agree that it's unlikely for some of these factories to lock up shop and move, considering their heavy investment on fixed assets.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by 9jaRealist: 6:52am On Jul 01, 2023
ijustdey:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/electricity-tariff-more-multinational-companies-may-exit-nigeria-man/

RUBBISH analysis…
But aptly demonstrates the POOR quality of many who occupy “leadership” positions in Nigeria.

Reality is that most (if not all) manufacturers in Nigeria currently rely on UNSUBSIDIZED DIESEL-powered generators…
That’s a much more expensive alternative and thus if cost-reflective tarries improves grid power, switching would be much CHEAPER!
>

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by 9jaRealist: 7:14am On Jul 01, 2023
ugofulfilled:

Are you asking a genuine question or you're being satirical?

Nigeria has one of the CHEAPEST prices of electricity in Africa (and the world)…

The biggest electricity problem in Nigeria is currently one of access, due to poor transmission and distribution infrastructure (not even capacity, as current installed generation capacity is significantly underutilized and/or “l stranded”). The access issue can be addressed (in the short, medium and longer-term) by better metering and more crucially cost-reflective tariffs which would lead to better balance sheets for the discos, making it easier to attract equity capital and/or secure debt capital to invest in the rehabilitation, upgrade and modernization of distribution infrastructure, lessening commercial and technical losses and thus increasing liquidity along the entire value chain.

It’s NOT rocket science really. For Nigerians to continue to Insist on “cheap” grid electricity prices and then spending a whole lot more on privately generating power is just plain FOOLISH!
>

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by FireUpNow(m): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:
. Is that relevant?do I need to visit any country to get that information?
Ask something sensible
I know you will say it's irrelevant question since your answer is no
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Gajagojo: 7:39am On Jul 01, 2023
FireUpNow:
I know you will say it's irrelevant question since your answer is no

We are not on Nairaland to make discussion personal
Whether by way of biographical disclosure or personal antagonism

So if you have any point to make make them

They can be made without discussing me

That is a childish approach
Electricity tariffs is the subject
Do you have anything sensible to say? if yes do so otherwise go away
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by FireUpNow(m): 7:43am On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:

We are not on Nairaland to make discussion personal
Whether by way of biographical disclosure or personal antagonism

So if you have any point to make make them

They can be made without discussing me

That is a childish approach
Electricity tariffs is the subject
Do you have anything sensible to say? if yes do so otherwise go away
One with childish approach will easily know another.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Gajagojo: 8:02am On Jul 01, 2023
FireUpNow:

One with childish approach will easily know another.
Can you respect yourself and go away

I have no time for unproductive quarrel. Just go
Is it by force?
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ugofulfilled(m): 8:35am On Jul 01, 2023
9jaRealist:

Nigeria has one of the CHEAPEST prices of electricity in Africa (and the world)…

The biggest electricity problem in Nigeria is currently one of access, due to poor transmission and distribution infrastructure (not even capacity, as current installed generation capacity is significantly underutilized and/or “l stranded”). The access issue can be addressed (in the short, medium and longer-term) by better metering and more crucially cost-reflective tariffs which would lead to better balance sheets for the discos, making it easier to attract equity capital and/or secure debt capital to invest in the rehabilitation, upgrade and modernization of distribution infrastructure, lessening commercial and technical losses and thus increasing liquidity along the entire value chain.

It’s NOT rocket science really. For Nigerians to continue to Insist on “cheap” grid electricity prices and then spending a whole lot more on privately generating power is just plain FOOLISH!
>
Your input is appreciated. But I still ask again: were you asking a genuine question or you're being satirical?
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by FireUpNow(m): 10:26am On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:

Can you respect yourself and go away

I have no time for unproductive quarrel. Just go
Is it by force?
it was so easy for you to call names and here you are talking about quarrelling lol. Nothing like that here. I don't have time for what you think bye. 😃😃😂😀
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Gajagojo: 10:30am On Jul 01, 2023
FireUpNow:
it was so easy for you to call names and here you are talking about quarrelling lol. Nothing like that here. I don't have time for what you think bye. 😃😃😂😀
I never talked to you so why are you so sticky ?just leave me alone and go away?is it by force?
Are you gay?
Do you have attachment issues?.What part of fuuckk off don't you understand?
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by FireUpNow(m): 11:08am On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:

I never talked to you so why are you so sticky ?just leave me alone and go away?is it by force?
Are you gay?
Do you have attachment issues?.What part of fuuckk off don't you understand?
Maybe you are the one who is gay.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by one4GOD(f): 11:31am On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:
Where is electricity cheaper than Nigeria that they will go?
by their comments you shall know them😏😏 agbadorians cum emilokan
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by drlateef: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2023
Can’t they generate their own electricity? Sorry we don’t need investment that is not innovative.
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Ambassadors: 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
Shege Pro MAX Processing.... Dont wail eh go reach everyone even if you dey APC eh go reach you dont panic
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Gajagojo: 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2023
FireUpNow:

Maybe you are the one who is gay.

You are acting sticky and gay like a jilted lover
The message is f.uck off
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by FireUpNow(m): 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are acting sticky and gay like a jilted lover
The message is f.uck off
stupidity is so close to you I think
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Gajagojo: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
FireUpNow:
stupidity is so close to you I think
Why are you I attracted to me . What is this gay attachment all about

I don't do that stuff so

Just fuc.k off

You are not wanted

You are an irritant
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by clearcrystal: 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
ikennamadu1:

Name the multinationals

Nestle,Frigoglass, British American Tobacco, Promasidor, FanMilk, etc
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Charly68: 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2023
Very funny analysis ...They should visit other neighbouring African nations and compare their utility cost to what obtains in Nigeria.. then they will know that they are making huge profits here at the expense of the Govt .. What nonsense are they talking about.. even in taxation ,companies do pay 40% tax after profit .. how much are they paying.here that they are making noise .. let electricity be available and people will pay.for it
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Coronavirus1: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2023
If the light is sable the cost should not be the problem?
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Cromagnon: 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:
Where is electricity cheaper than Nigeria that they will go?
you dey mind dem?
How DI these ppl become manufacturers sef?
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Cromagnon: 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
vastolord4:
SAI Tinubu.. no steady light to run big businesses the alternative is petrol or diesel which is expensive.. can solar power a 17 floor building with heavy quipments in each floor?
Then use gas
Tinubu has signed bl that allows you to generate by yourself
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Cromagnon: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
taylor89:

When you go get sense guy

Them just employ you for this APC 30k work body just dey sweet you

Your fellow miscreants dey avoid this kind porous thread but you’ll always wanna jump on all thread and be shooting yourself in the leg

Make them no sack you oo

If no be say them dey ban person for this forum i for say make Thunder fire you
you are the senseless one
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Cromagnon: 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
SmartPolician:

You cannot claim to love your country and be jubiliating when you read bad news about it.

Yes, I campaigned and voted for Peter Obi too, but always rejoicing whenever you read bad news about Nigeria shows you never loved the country in the first place!

You guys need to check yourselves!
how is it bad news
Low tariff means no generation which means no manufacturing =no employmment=poverty

Pay for what you use and more will be provided

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ifeco4(m): 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
Vinnie2000:

The Guy is actually an ObiDient. But a Gentlemanly one. 😕

Real ObiDients like us are NOT gentlemanly @all. cool cheesy

We give Agbadorians miscreants wotowoto. 😄☺️

This season doesn't support sitting on the fence, its either you are for us or against us.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Cromagnon: 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
kayone2:
APC is indirectly pushing young people more into yahoo yahoo, kidnapping, food and drug adulteration, human trafficking, money ritual, and every illicit way of trying to make money, while they feed fat on our taxes.

So making excuses for lazy criminals who will end up in jail or hell
Did anyone stop youth from going into politics?

It's easier to destroy than to build.

Why you want to continue s destroying?

By the time, these investors relocate to Ghana

When electricity was 12 naira and no one wanted to invest in generation, did the manufacturers not leave for Ghana.?

Abeg reason before typing

and other neighbouring countries, and young Nigerians want to japa for greener pastures,

How much do you think they pay for electricity in greener pastures
Cahange 25cents to naira and compare with what you're paying now.

you'll start making silly laws to stop them. Whereas your own children are overseas enjoying the best of life.

Na God go punish una

They're all billionaires
Does it look like God is punishing hardworking politicians
You citizens are the lazy ones looking for awoof upandan

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Cromagnon: 10:09pm On Jul 01, 2023
Zupay:

See excuse, they should generate their own power supply when the cost of production is already high! Shebi the werey below who is a hardcore APCian, still dey UK?
who should generate power for them? Are they not making profit? Or you prefer paying for diesel generation?
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Cromagnon: 10:13pm On Jul 01, 2023
clearcrystal:

Most multinationals manufacturing companies generate their own electricity mostly with Gas generators.
Most companies don't use public supply because it's unreliable.
gas or diesel?
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 02, 2023
AareGaa:

Investors are only relocating from Ibo land because of unknown gunmen and ESN.
Stay there and be dulling. Don't face reality.
Your type will be trekking all over town lying to yourself that all is well when it's obvious you're suffering is pro max.

Yes, South east has regrettably lost lots of opportunities due to UGM and sit-at-home. Does that make it right for me to happily watch it happen to the wider community?

Foolish bigot. Keep defending APC
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by 9jaRealist: 6:27am On Jul 02, 2023
ugofulfilled:

Your input is appreciated. But I still ask again: were you asking a genuine question or you're being satirical?

Huh?! Dude, I was NOT the one asking the question… grin
>
Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by bn2murphy(m): 9:10am On Jul 02, 2023
What I expected the MAN to concentrate on is more regular supplies of public electricity. It's cheaper than alternative as we are made to believe.
However moving out to another country will means that electricity is cheaper in other countries.
Is electricity far cheaper in other countries?
ijustdey:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/electricity-tariff-more-multinational-companies-may-exit-nigeria-man/

Re: Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN by ugofulfilled(m): 9:32am On Jul 02, 2023
9jaRealist:

Huh?! Dude, I was NOT the one asking the question… grin
>
Lol.
Greetings to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kashamu Hid In Toilet For 6 Days During NDLEA Raid - Lawyer / Delta, Akwa Ibom Received Largest State Allocations In 2018 / #EndSARS Protesters Lock Down Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.