Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum (37887 Views)

Multinational Companies Exit Nigeria Amid High Operating Cost / Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by MakotoShishio: 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
Allow South-East Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum — Northern Groups Tell Government

We also consider the sudden contraption by a certain section that calls itself "northern Igbo" as a more latent, disagreeable and unacceptable threat to the North.

The Coalition of Northern Groups has stated that despite the fact that the South-East region has produced key persons in the Nigerian federal government, the region should not be denied a referendum to allow it determine its exit peacefully and without bloodshed.

The CNG in a release on Monday noted that in order to avoid the recurrence of any terrible and planned mass killings, untold sufferings and atrocities, “we insist on a referendum to take place across the country to agree on an immediate and permanent exit of the Igbo from Nigeria.

The CNG spokesman, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, stated this in a release titled, “Igbo leaders fake, unreasonable; we insist on referendum for Biafra.”

The coalition said, “In the light of the frantic efforts being made by some sections of the leadership of the Igbo to disown the current violent agitations for a separate state of Biafra, we, the Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG) insist they should not be believed and only a referendum for Igbo exit can provide final guarantee for a peaceful Nigeria.

“It is important for Nigeria to see through this hypocritical desperation by the Igbo leaders to buy time to restrategise for a deadlier onslaught for Biafra as an afterthought following the exposure of the extent of their complicity in the sponsored Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) secession project.

“With the level of commitment of the Igbo public to the point of young men killing their parents who dared oppose Kanu's activities, the rest of the country cannot be expected to accept to continue as a nation with the Igbo on the apparent weakness of the assurances of a handful of Igbo leaders.

“We also consider the sudden contraption by a certain section that calls itself "northern Igbo" as a more latent, disagreeable and unacceptable threat to the North and its people than their brethren that fight us from their South Eastern enclave.

“This is because their presence within the deep hinterland of the North and the permanent nature of that presence, accord them undue advantage over the trusting indeginous northerners who are steadily weakened by a carefully orchestrated, widespread drug war and clandestine spread of arms by these settlers.”

The CNG stated that contrary to the Igbo leaders' claims of marginalisation, records showed the region produced the first post-independence president of Nigeria, and also had the first military Head of State in the person of Aguiyi Ironsi.

The CNG said, “Whereas even in most of the countries that we look up to as epitomes of democracy today, the vanquished in a civil war are always oppressed, marginalised and don’t enjoy the privileges of equal citizenship for decades afterwards, Nigeria was able to assimilate the Igbo nation back into the Nigerian entity after the civil war faster than most nations.

“All Igbos must leave the territory of Nigeria and assemble in their designated enclave for the purpose of the referendum during which period no further contacts should be experienced between them and the rest of Nigeria so as not to lead to any interference in the process.

“The Federal Government of Nigeria shall also have no hand whatsoever in the process, and shall not be called upon to participate or render any assistance whatsoever from the beginning to the end of the referendum.

"Should there be any need, the participation of other regional, continental and international organisations can be requested to determine the way and manner such a referendum is to be held.”

[url]http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/14/allow-south-east-exit-nigeria-now-through-peaceful-referendum%E2%80%94northern-groups-tell[/url]

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by MakotoShishio: 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Fahdiga1: 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
Lol as if they meant it. When the referendum starts now this same almajiris will be the first to remind everyone that Nigerians are one. My message to this terrorists and parasites is that the day of reckoning will soon be here and Igbos are leaving you shoe shiners behind whether you like it or not. Light and darkness are not meant to be together

351 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Fahdiga1: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
OnionBandit:
Shut up. Booking space to spew trash

191 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Mayng01(m): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
Wow

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by 360degreess(m): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
Everyone is tired of the inyamris.. They are everywhere in this country but yet they are the ones calling for the division of this country.. They forgot that their entire region is less than half of Borno State. grin grin grin grin

52 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Ifearnoevil: 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
Point of correction.

Allow Biafra to exit Nigeria, not south East.

183 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Nwaide01: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2021
Over to you Bihari what have you to say about what your brothers just said. We're waiting to hear from you. As for me I have already packed my suitcases.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by iKingsley(m): 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2021
Dot in a circlegrin

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by AntiBeEmCe(m): 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
If they are not harboring any sick agenda behind these calls for Igbo referendum, then they have our gratitude. Cos we need d referendum badly.

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Monogamy: 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
Referendum when there is no secession clause in the constitution? undecided

Btw, we read Sowore was shot, how is he doing?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Ojiofor: 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ifearnoevil:
Point of correction.

Allow Biafra to exit Nigeria, not south East.

At the moment only southeast are agitating to exit Nigeria.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by BabaOneChance: 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
The DOT men are speaking now.

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by IgweOfNnewi: 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
Very true, so we can have minimal crime and criminality

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by sirp9898(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
FAke

As if they mean it let them charmpion it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Ojiofor: 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
The northern leaders should quickly take it to national assembly to okay referendum as requested by Biafra agitators if they are serious and they should remove any plans of forceful eviction of non indigenes living in the north.

16 Likes

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by limeta(f): 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
[quote author=OnionBandit post=102725716]I really can't wait to see this happen. ..

Give them Biafra...let us have a new Nigeria..a sane country. We really need fresh air..

I think the government doesn't know how to handle this cos we have so many of them scattered everywhere in the country like paper money. Do we start sending them back home? If we force them to exit our states for theirs, are they not going to shout genocide? I am using force here cos if you ask an average Biafran to leave Kano state where he has some assets for Abia state, he wont do it

These people are like a scorpion on Nigeria's scrotum. We need extra patience to deal

Just fix a date for the referendum and leave talk
blablablabla

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by limeta(f): 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
iKingsley:
Dot in a circlegrin

Soon the circle will be empty

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by iKingsley(m): 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
limeta:

Soon the circle will be empty
no shaking grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by SLAP44: 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
iKingsley:
Dot in a circlegrin

Dot with pride.

Better than being a poohole country grin

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by limeta(f): 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2021
iKingsley:
no shaking grin

there will be nothing to shake

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by iKingsley(m): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2021
SLAP44:

Dot with pride.

Better than being a poohole country grin
yeah, proud dot grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by iKingsley(m): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
limeta:

there will be nothing to shake
at least you know better wink
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by 360degreess(m): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
OnionBandit:
I really can't wait to see this happen. ..

Give them Biafra...let us have a new Nigeria..a sane country. We really need fresh air..

I think the government doesn't know how to handle this cos we have so many of them scattered everywhere in the country like paper money. Do we start sending them back home? If we force them to exit our states for theirs, are they not going to shout genocide? I am using force here cos if you ask an average Biafran to leave Kano state where he has some assets for Abia state, he wont do it

These people are like a scorpion on Nigeria's scrotum. We need extra patience to deal with them
.. grin grin While I was growing up I used to think that those people are among the smartest tribe we have in this country, but they have disproved me beyond reasonable doubt.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by OnionBandit(f): 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
360degreess:
.. grin grin While I was growing up I used to think that those people are among the smartest tribe we have in this country, but they have disproved me beyond reasonable doubt.
Damn! I thought I was the only one

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by EMMY76: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2021
These mumu people think that they can be able to isolate the igbos and deny them access to the seas the more reasonable international community won't even grant them their heart desire of isolating over 40m hard-working biafrans. They can't even read the handwriting on the wall that the yorubas and the niger deltans are likely to also form their own nations immediately the igbos are allowed to leave the ungodly union of nigeria.

71 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

If Vp-elect Knows He Can't Do The Job He Should Resign / We Located Chibok Girls But Couldn’t Rescue Them– Uk Envoy / How Buhari Was Arrested In London By Interpol Over Crimes Against Humanity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.