Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. (7378 Views)

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / When I Was Pregnant, I Was Mocked, Suspended By Church - Female SUG President / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by kkash: 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
Jman06:
Not true. Cooking your food at home is so much better than buying food outside. I've been eating out for sometime now due to work and I know how much I have spent so far. The worst is that they'll serve you small quantity of food for so much money such that you don't get filled unless you empty your wallet. It's too bad, especially in this igboland.

From my own perspective, it's cheaper to just buy food.....personally I love having varieties of soup on different days.....so I'll have to cook different varieties??...or different varieties of rice??....its just expensive, coupled with d stress of cooking dem all.....and u only got d weekend to relax and prepare for d following week
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
kkash:

From my own perspective, it's cheaper to just buy food.....personally I love having varieties of soup on different days.....so I'll have to cook different varieties??...or different varieties of rice??....its just expensive, coupled with d stress of cooking dem all.....and u only got d weekend to relax and prepare for d following week

It all boils down to income. 4k daily aggregates into 120K monthly. That's not sustainable for most people.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Biglittlelois(f): 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
Dimaya:

How many Nigerians earn over 120K monthly?

Did she mention what Nigerians earn or referring to herself?

4 Likes

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Aurelius1(m): 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
Mindlog:
Dismal low income has really messed up a lot of people's psyche......people should focus more on soaking up knowledge online to earn more, so that spending N4,000 daily on feeding as a single in Lagos, would nor sound like a lie.....not even up to 6USDT! angry
Talking of soaking up knowledge, which particular skill do you think is easy to learn within a month and be a sure way of bringing me some dough on the side.

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Baronthecelebri: 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
Her life her choice
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
Aurelius1:
Talking of soaking up knowledge, which particular skill do you think is easy to learn within a month and be a sure way of bringing me some dough on the side.

i tire o. please tell them o. All these people who are still living in their parents house and giving advice on learning new skills. If e easy, everybody go dey do am o

2 Likes

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
DWJOBScom:
She is not lying o
Even without the AC and all
Good and healthy food is expensive right now.
I am not even talking about The Place , Mega kitchen and their other relatives but an AVERAGE eating place.

how much do you spend on food daily?
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
cococandy:
How marriage come enter the conversation?

watch the reaction of the men seating behind her undecided
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Belafonte(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
In Lagos, especially on the island 4k per day on food is nothing special. It not about fake life, the simple truth is that most Nigerians cannot do this because of poverty. One piece of titus fish (not full one o) is already 1k grin and that is per meal o. Na only once you go chop? The alternative is cooking, but with the crazy Lagos schedule and traffic that can only be done sparingly
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by bukatyne(f): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
What is her monthly income?

This only tells me she doesn't cook at all at home.

And if she doesn't, N4k per day is not a huge deal and assuming that she picks whatever she eats herself.

With delivery fee, it would be more than N4k daily.

@marriage: depends on the suitor's pockets and her ability to adapt to cooking after marriage.

Besides, there are some marriages where they buy soups and stews (thereby still eating outside).
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Nazgul: 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
She might be telling the truth o!

4k in this era isn't 4k of 2010. One can easily spend that money on a single meal. Our naira is useless.

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Mindlog: 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
Dimaya:

i tire o. please tell them o. All these people who are still living in their parents house and giving advice on learning new skills. If e easy, everybody go dey do am o

So anyone who gives you advise to go learn new skill, still lives with their parents............no wonder spending N4k to feed one's self in a day still sound out of the world to many! wink

2 Likes

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 7:44am On Jul 03, 2023
Mindlog:

So anyone who gives you advise to go learn new skill, still lives with their parents............no wonder spending N4k to feed one's self in a day still sound out of the world to many! wink

you have to be practical. what new skill will you learn today that will gurantee 120K monthly pay within 3-6 months. Just tell us. DOn't hypothesize or pontificate.

I honestly want to know.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Mindlog: 8:18am On Jul 03, 2023
Dimaya:

you have to be practical. what new skill will you learn today that will gurantee 120K monthly pay within 3-6 months. Just tell us. DOn't hypothesize or pontificate.

I honestly want to know.

People have access to internet, they should be smart enough to search for such.

A Namibian friend who is presently doing her dissertation for her postgraduate studies here in the UK got connected to a Kenyan lady I know who is a data analyst, someone who I know studied Peace and conflict resolution in the University but upskilled herself by learning data analysis online.

The Kenyan lady charged the Namibian £400 to analyze the data of her survey and finished doing it within 5 days because she was also doing other projects.

Back in the day, I paid my bills doing transcription jobs for foreign clients and I was charging $36 per audio hour being transcribed, I could finish the one hour audio in 2 days because of my other engagements. Also did social media content scheduling for a US based publicity firm which paid me $350 monthly

There are many things that can be done, no one would spoon feed others on how to go about it.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by cococandy(f): 8:45am On Jul 03, 2023
Dimaya:

watch the reaction of the men seating behind her undecided

They seemed to be having heart attacks.

But I’m guessing the reactions of the people in the room with her means they don’t spend that much daily on food. Which tells me that feeding is still kind of affordable for the poor people then.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by pocohantas(f): 9:43am On Jul 03, 2023
Dimaya:

It is not easy, that is why everyone is not doing and that is how the world should be.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Proserpina: 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2023
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by pocohantas(f): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
Proserpina:
Ah ! I was going to give you a mention when I found your comment missing on the first page cheesy grin cheesy

I was surprisrd Naz agreed. Somebody that buys babes chicken republic or what is that their name. The ones with weird food packages. grin
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by folake4u(f): 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2023
Nazgul:
She might be telling the truth o!

4k in this era isn't 4k of 2010. One can easily spend that money on a single meal. Our naira is useless.

Shocking coming from you. Sheybi na you wan carry babe go buy Refuel Max for Chicken Republic. grin
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Proserpina: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by pocohantas(f): 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
Proserpina:
So I'm not the only one grin grin I was expecting him to do some permutation and calculus on the lady's spendings and her wifey "materialness" grin

E done repent. That is plus 1 Nigerian man ready to spend on us. grin
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2023
Lol.. during my final year a plate of rice and meat and moi moi/salad was 800. Bottle water 150. I will not even count transport going and coming to the canteen
That is over a thousand naira.

Three times a day is 3000.

I didn't add in between snack or chippies.

Or were people thinking a plate of food( not buka) is less than 500 anywhere?

How much is it to cook a pot of soup or stew?
How much is a breakfast?
A satchet of Milo and peak milk, 200 naira. Two eggs, 200 naira.
A good loaf of bread is from 800 and above(let's assume you eat one-quarter of a bread that is 200 ). Then those that go an extra mile with Titus sardine(600) or hot dogs and baked beans

Those that begin our day with a cup of espresso.

Naija men avoid this woman. Meet the one that you will soak bread inside Lipton or top tea and eat. Please just leave her and go for your class
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Nazgul: 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
Proserpina:
Ah ! I was going to give you a mention when I found your comment missing on the first page cheesy grin cheesy

folake4u:

Shocking coming from you. Sheybi na you wan carry babe go buy Refuel Max for Chicken Republic. grin
So una still de drag this 12k mata.

Anyways, I'm not against girls spending money on themselves like the girl in question. If a girl can afford to spend 100k daily on food, I'd say go girl, you're da bomb.

I'm fiercely against girls going out with a guy to an eatery and eating what they can't afford to pay for. This is where the 12k girl comes into the picture. She ate what she couldn't afford.

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
grin grin grin Madam don vex grin grin grin

CuriousStudent:
Lol.. during my final year a plate of rice and meat and moi moi/salad was 800. Bottle water 150. I will not even count transport going and coming to the canteen

How much is a breakfast?
A good loaf of bread is from 800 and above(let's assume you eat one-quarter of a bread that is 200 ). Then those that go an extra mile with Titus sardine(600) or hot dogs and baked beans

Naija men avoid this woman. Meet the one that you will soak bread inside Lipton or top tea and eat. Please just leave her and go for your class

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 11:44am On Jul 05, 2023
Nazgul:

Anyways, I'm not against girls spending money on themselves like the girl in question. If a girl can afford to spend 100k daily on food, I'd say go girl, you're da bomb.

I'm fiercely against girls going out with a guy to an eatery and eating what they can't afford to pay for. This is where the 12k girl comes into the picture. She ate what she couldn't afford.

A lot of ladies enter restaurants and eat hoping that someone will pay for their food. It's actually quite common in surulere.

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by folake4u(f): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2023
Nazgul:

Yen yen yen. angry undecided
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by GloriousGbola: 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2023
folake4u:

Yen yen yen. angry undecided

Nazgul don't mind these chicks - they are the type that make men millionaires

Men that were billionaires before

Make that money angry

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by folake4u(f): 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Nazgul don't mind these chicks - they are the type that make men millionaires

Men that were billionaires before

Make that money angry

The man has to spend that money. grin
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by tosinhtml: 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2023
Foodqueen:
It's possible.

She isn't extravagant at all.

Going by the price of commodity, spending 4k per day isn't bad.

May God help us all.

The people in that video all look like they live in their parents house & get fed by their parents so they don't know how much food cost.

Once you step outside your house in Lagos to eat. You must surely spend close to that daily on food.

A loaf of slice bread is around #1000 ish.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by tosinhtml: 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2023
CuriousStudent:

How much is a breakfast?

It's not really about class, even in the poorest of places in Lagos EG: Makoko, a plate of food in this new Tinubu's dispensation still cost between 400 - 800. The same amount you quoted. The reason why those guys are surprised is because 99% of the guys in that room eat from their mothers pot. They haven't gone to the market before to purchase anything. They don't pay bills, nothing!

That's why when taking feedback from social media, remember to ask for the ages of the people giving you feedback. Most of them are between 16 - 20.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 11:59am On Jul 06, 2023
tosinhtml:

It's not really about class, even in the poorest of places in Lagos EG: Makoko, a plate of food in this new Tinubu's dispensation still cost between 400 - 800. The same amount you quoted. The reason why those guys are surprised is because 99% of the guys in that room eat from their mothers pot. They haven't gone to the market before to purchase anything. They don't pay bills, nothing!

That's why when taking feedback from social media, remember to ask for the ages of the people giving you feedback. Most of them are between 16 - 20.

My brother, go back and watch the video. They are laughing because she says she spends more than N4,000 per day on eating out. That means she will be spending over N120,000 per month eating out.

Over N120,000! on just eating out!

How much does the average Nigerian have left from his wages after removing transport fare to work?

that's why they are laughing.

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2023
How sustainable is 120K on food for eachember of a family. That means that if she's married with 2 kids, her family of four will spend almost 480K monthly on just food.

That's why people were laughing also

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Tell My Mother Am A Lesbian / I Need To Deal With My Brother-in-law / Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.