Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. (7387 Views)

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / When I Was Pregnant, I Was Mocked, Suspended By Church - Female SUG President / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by descarado: 2:19am On Jul 13, 2023
Acidosis:

Are these adults trying to convince me that they all buy food every single day without exception? Do none of them possess a kitchen, a family, or a home where they can prepare their meals? How are they able to come up with precise amounts?

No be everything we suppose dey blog about sha.
Seems like most people including you misunderstood that lady.

I don't eat out too but anytime I do with my family, I bite my nails cos it's very expensive to eat quality meal outside. Add a bottle of wine and it keep on increasing. I was so sick to get up from bed one day and prepare salad of which I had ingredients in the fridge so I ordered. What I paid was astronomical and ingredients not as much as I would have added. So yep, If you take yourself out to eat, you can spend that much in good and quality restaurant.

That lady didn't lie.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Acidosis(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2023
descarado:

Seems like most people including you misunderstood that lady.

I don't eat out too but anytime I do with my family, I bite my nails cos it's very expensive to eat quality meal outside. Add a bottle of wine and it keep on increasing. I was so sick to get up from bed one day and prepare salad of which I had ingredients in the fridge so I ordered. What I paid was astronomical and ingredients not as much as I would have added. So yep, If you take yourself out to eat, you can spend that much in good and quality restaurant.

That lady didn't lie.

Ohh... I see. I haven't watched the entire video.

You are right though. Eating out can be very expensive reason I personally wouldn't expect adolescents/youths to prioritise eating out regularly instead of preparing their own meals.

I recently came across a Domino's jollof rice and pizza combo ad and decided to place an order. I was just drawn to the fact that sapa has made Domino's "abandon" pizza for Nigerian jollof grin The taste was super cool. But, as always, I was disappointed with the portion I got. It was more like a serving suitable for a 2-year-old. Na why I don't bother myself. Of course, I know places where people get bigger portions for cheaper amounts, but due to personal reasons like trauma, I don't bother myself..
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by descarado: 10:44am On Jul 13, 2023
Acidosis:

You are right though. Eating out can be very expensive reason I personally wouldn't expect adolescents/youths to prioritise eating out regularly instead of preparing their own meals.

I recently came across a Domino's jollof rice and pizza combo ad and decided to place an order. I was just drawn to the fact that sapa has made Domino's "abandon" pizza for Nigerian jollof grin The taste was super cool. But, as always, I was disappointed with the portion I got. It was more like a serving suitable for a 2-year-old. Na why I don't bother myself. Of course, I know places where people get bigger portions for cheaper amounts, but due to personal reasons like trauma, I don't bother myself..
Juvenik wuse 2 was my restaurant of choice when I was in Abuja. Very close to my house and their soup is the best I have ever tasted anywhere in naija, be it buka, mama put etc, and a plate of soup is very big.
I think they purposely made it like that cos unmarried people living around go and buy, scoop out and freeze the remaining. As long as they have swallow, a plate of soup from there can last one 3 serving. It was cheaper buying their expensive soup for singles if you do the math. Its a good place to mingle too for singles if you understand what I mean. Believe me, if you don't like eating that much, arrangements like that are cheaper.
If you want to cook and consider cooking cheap in Abuja, you must shop in bulk if you live in areas like wuse and environs else it will be the same as eating out. I hardly shop in wuse market though its like 5 minutes walk from my house. Na politician wives and girlfriends market cheesy
Here for example,making a full naij dish costs an arm and leg. Single eat out most times. No gas or electricity bill skyrocketing.

Eating out has its merits and demerits.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 11:09am On Jul 13, 2023
Acidosis:

na lie! dominsos don dey sell jollof rice. na wa for dis country o. ecosystem hard grin grin grin grin
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2023
descarado:

Juvenik wuse 2 was my restaurant of choice when I was in Abuja. Very close to my house and their soup is the best I have ever tasted anywhere in naija, be it buka, mama put etc, and a plate of soup is very big.
I think they purposely made it like that cos unmarried people living around go and buy, scoop out and freeze the remaining. As long as they have swallow, a plate of soup from there can last one 3 serving. It was cheaper buying their expensive soup for singles if you do the math. Its a good place to mingle too for singles if you understand what I mean. Believe me, if you don't like eating that much, arrangements like that are cheaper.
If you want to cook and consider cooking cheap in Abuja, you must shop in bulk if you live in areas like wuse and environs else it will be the same as eating out. I hardly shop in wuse market though its like 5 minutes walk from my house. Na politician wives and girlfriends market cheesy
Here for example,making a full naij dish costs an arm and leg. Single eat out most times. No gas or electricity bill skyrocketing.

well thats one way of seeing the debate
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by orjibra1: 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
and shoe-facing boobs
izonborn098:
This fish brain gender never disappoint. The worst part is the only thing see will bring to the table is her over used worn out useless expired kpekus.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Acidosis(m): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
descarado:

grin grin Haha, it seems like you've had quite a range of experiences. Where are you currently based?

Personally, I don't have much experience with eating out as I tend to be quite selective. I find the idea of ordering all those plenty soup that can last for several days quite appealing, even for individuals with families (there are days when to cook dey tire pesin). And honestly, wifey suppose dey take multiple breaks from all those kitchen wahala.

Wuse na big man place abi? I dey respect myself and my finance a lot grin My recent experience was at Garki and it wasn't bad at all. The place I stayed at offered a decent plate of poundo yam or semo with protein for N2500-N3000. At times, I reluctantly resort to Chicken Republic rice or snacks. I use the term "reluctantly" because, in my opinion, Chicken Republic serves some of the wackest jollof rice I've ever tasted. grin I don't mean to denigrate the brand sha. At least, I like their chicken pie and coke grin

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Acidosis(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
Zigzagman:

na lie! dominsos don dey sell jollof rice. na wa for dis country o. ecosystem hard grin grin grin grin

Dey play. Chicken Republic dey sell Spaghetti and egg. Those big Spaghetti strands, Dangote type grin grin

Dominos jollof is surprisingly nice; gives this smoky flavour. Competition is making the whole pizza thing very difficult now. Customers don run go debonairs and dodo pizza.

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
Acidosis:

Dey play. Chicken Republic dey sell Spaghetti and egg. Those big Spaghetti strands, Dangote type grin grin

Dominos jollof is surprisingly nice; gives this smoky flavour. Competition is making the whole pizza thing very difficult now. Customers don run go debonairs and dodo pizza.

Chicken republic don dey sell spaghetti and egg grin grin how the high and mighty have fallen?

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by descarado: 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
Acidosis:

grin grin Haha, it seems like you've had quite a range of experiences. Where are you currently based?

Personally, I don't have much experience with eating out as I tend to be quite selective. I find the idea of ordering all those plenty soup that can last for several days quite appealing, even for individuals with families (there are days when to cook dey tire pesin). And honestly, wifey suppose dey take multiple breaks from all those kitchen wahala.

Wuse na big man place abi? I dey respect myself and my finance a lot grin My recent experience was at Garki and it wasn't bad at all. The place I stayed at offered a decent plate of poundo yam or semo with protein for N2500-N3000. At times, I reluctantly resort to Chicken Republic rice or snacks. I use the term "reluctantly" because, in my opinion, Chicken Republic serves some of the wackest jollof rice I've ever tasted. grin I don't mean to denigrate the brand sha. At least, I like their chicken pie and coke grin
I am a complete wazobia cheesy cheesy

But left Nigeria some yrs back.
Igbo, grew up in pH, schooled in East, served in Abuja, wedded in maiduguri, while schooling did biz in kano, lived in abj, got transfered to lagos, moved back to abj and out of the country. There are other states in between. Have met great people, some of these thieves( sorry to say that) were present at my wedding, while some were regular visitors at my house. Have entered some places and circles that well...., at my age...... let me just leave there so when I share stuff, it's from experience or what I learnt from seniors.

I was roommate during my first Yr with a daughter of one time deputy governor of your state and whenever he visits, it's bountiful. He usually pay surprised visit and I was around two times. The money I got was enough to last me for a whole semester not to talk of foodstuff. Man just dey share roommates money anyhow cos we are his daughters roomies cheesy

Wuse is like ikoyi of old.

I multi cook and freeze so I don't cook always especially soup. I also buy all ingredients in bulk. Hate shopping. Even pepper. I buy that in carton grin

If you have steady electricity, get 2 freezers and buy things in bulk during their seasons.
Very economical. And will reduce high BP kiss

2 Likes

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Childfree: 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2023
Acidosis:

Are these adults trying to convince me that they all buy food every single day without exception? Do none of them possess a kitchen, a family, or a home where they can prepare their meals? How are they able to come up with precise amounts?

No be everything we suppose dey blog about sha.

How is this a suprise.
My friend doesn't even have a spoon in his apartment. 100% he eats outside.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
orjibra1:
and shoe-facing boobs

Which one be shoe-facing boobs again o
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Acidosis(m): 10:38am On Jul 14, 2023
Zigzagman:

Chicken republic don dey sell spaghetti and egg grin grin how the high and mighty have fallen?

Market realities, boss. cheesy
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Acidosis(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2023
descarado:

Igbo, grew up in pH, schooled in East, served in Abuja, wedded in maiduguri, while schooling did biz in kano, lived in abj, got transfered to lagos, moved back to abj and out of the country. There are other states in between. Have met great people, some of these thieves( sorry to say that) were present at my wedding, while some were regular visitors at my house. Have entered some places and circles that well...., at my age...... let me just leave there so when I share stuff, it's from experience or what I learnt from seniors.

I was roommate during my first Yr with a daughter of one time deputy governor of your state and whenever he visits, it's bountiful. He usually pay surprised visit and I was around two times. The money I got was enough to last me for a whole semester not to talk of foodstuff. Man just dey share roommates money anyhow cos we are his daughters roomies cheesy

I multi cook and freeze so I don't cook always especially soup. I also buy all ingredients in bulk. Hate shopping. Even pepper. I buy that in carton grin

If you have steady electricity, get 2 freezers and buy things in bulk during their seasons.

That's quite a longgg journey you've had. The environment one lives in really plays a huge role sha. That's one thing I have come to realise. It's almost impossible to meet certain people if you live or attend some "kain schools" grin

It's great that you've found ways to be resourceful and save money. The convenience that comes with bulk purchases is something I have come to embrace too. Going through your store, fridge, etc. and seeing things leaves a very lasting satisfaction. In fact, I don't like to be known as "customer daada" (like a regular customer) grin
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by ideamonster: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
Acidosis:

That's quite a longgg journey you've had. The environment one lives in really plays a huge role sha. That's one thing I have come to realise. It's almost impossible to meet certain people if you live or attend some "kain schools" grin

It's great that you've found ways to be resourceful and save money. The convenience that comes with bulk purchases is something I have come to embrace too. Going through your store, fridge, etc. and seeing things leaves a very lasting satisfaction. In fact, I don't like to be known as "customer daada" (like a regular customer) grin

In times when everyone is pennypinching, watching broke people piss away their discretionary income on food, is quite hard to swallow.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
the summary of it all is that: just survive and don't die!
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
Acidosis:

I see your point. But this is a luxury afforded to folks who probably earn 200K upwards.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
Dimaya:

I see your point. But this is a luxury afforded to folks who probably earn 200K upwards.

Wahala for person wey dey earn minimum wage
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
descarado:

Can you please give a breakdown of how you go about stocking your freezers, how much do you spend? which markets you buy from? and how long does it last for? I'm very interested.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 9:15am On Jul 16, 2023
My take:
1. A lack of good job will definitely make u loose control in your relationship
2. Women worldwide knows that he who pays the piper dictate the tunes so they will control you as long as u do not contribute as much as they do in the home.
3. If as a man for any reason u earn less than ur partner, u have somewhat lost respect.
4. If at the beginning u were earning more and somehow by twist of faith she begins to earn more, same rule applies, u will still loose ur respect.
5. Women these days have equated submissiveness with u having to provide. If u no fit provide, then u have lost ur respect and dignity as a man!
6. Women are the same worldwide! If u think u will leave one because of the above reasons, I can tell u for free that u are a joker
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
No biggie
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2023
nairaland members don't give advice they look for your mistakes and judge you according. If you don't have one, like typographical error they will always manufacture one psychologically to taunts you.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 11:06pm On Jul 16, 2023
Zigzagman:
nairaland members don't give advice they look for your mistakes and judge you according. If you don't have one, like typographical error they will always manufacture one psychologically to taunts you.

What happened? You asked for advice and they embarrassed you?
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
Dimaya:

What happened? You asked for advice and they embarrassed you?

I used to ask for advise under a different moniker 2 years ago until I got banned by one of the mods. hence zigzagman was born.

I still see some of my old posts and laugh my arse off.

funny times grin
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2023
They all were mocking her in that video. Now we are all paying more for food. Na wa o
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2023
Biglittlelois:
See how most are quick to insult her even involving kpekus ontop, to reason is very difficult for some male toddlers here.

the battle of the sexes will never end
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by ideamonster: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
Very true.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by ideamonster: 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
Acidosis:

Market realities, boss. cheesy

market realities. everyone has to adapt
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
ideamonster:

market realities. everyone has to adapt

who's laughing now
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by ideamonster: 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2023
Zigzagman:
They all were mocking her in this video. Now we are all paying more for food. Na wa o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5hmweKq70o

who is laughing now. A loaf of bread is now N1,200.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Reasons why people Gets Drunk / Single Mothers Experience / My Wife Is A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.