Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. (7381 Views)

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / When I Was Pregnant, I Was Mocked, Suspended By Church - Female SUG President / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by pansophist(m): 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
If she can afford it with her legit hustle (keyword Legit), whats the problem?

Me I spend more than what she spends on food per month, does it mean I am not a good husband material?
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Diligent1(f): 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2023
Mindlog:

With the present prices of foodstuffs in the market?.....Yes, low income,

Let me cite an example. Even with the rising cost of living here in the UK, a person who is earning minimum wage of £10.42 per hour will not struggle to feed himself if he is not wasteful. If he works 10hrs daily and his net earning is about £75 for the day, on his way home he can afford to buy 200g of ground egusi for £2, half litre of palm oil for £2.50, ground crayfish for £2, a pack of maggi seasoning (25 cubes) for £1, a pack of dried ugu leaves £2, 1 kilo of hard chicken £3.50, pepper and other condiments £2, then 1.5kg of garri for £3........so what he earned under 2 and half hours can get him a nice pot of egusi soup, he can get 4 meals out of.
It is not like that in Nigeria
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by tosinhtml: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
Zigzagman:

My brother, go back and watch the video. They are laughing because she says she spends more than N4,000 per day on eating out. That means she will be spending over N120,000 per month eating out.

Over N120,000! on just eating out!

How much does the average Nigerian have left from his wages after removing transport fare to work?

that's why they are laughing.

She is correct, as she says: she spends more than N4,000 per day on eating out means "Whenever I step outside my house to eat, I spend more than 4000". This doesn't mean she eats outside her house all the time. We all eat outside our houses, but not all the time.

You people should try & understand english language.

3 Likes

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by tosinhtml: 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2023
Mindlog:

Let me cite an example. Even with the rising cost of living here in the UK, a person who is earning minimum wage of £10.42 per hour will not struggle to feed himself if he is not wasteful. If he works 10hrs daily and his net earning is about £75 for the day, on his way home he can afford to buy 200g of ground egusi for £2, half litre of palm oil for £2.50, ground crayfish for £2, a pack of maggi seasoning (25 cubes) for £1, a pack of dried ugu leaves £2, 1 kilo of hard chicken £3.50, pepper and other condiments £2, then 1.5kg of garri for £3........so what he earned under 2 and half hours can get him a nice pot of egusi soup, he can get 4 meals out of.

Uk cost of living is more about crazy housing cost, council tax, energy bills than food. Every country has their own wahala, Nigerian's own is food & fuel.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
tosinhtml:

Uk cost of living is more about crazy housing cost, council tax, energy bills than food. Every country has their own wahala, Nigerian's own is food & fuel.

Imagine comparing the UK to Nigeria. You need to compare the percentage of daily income spent on food for average citizens in both countries.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by tosinhtml: 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
Dimaya:

Imagine comparing the UK to Nigeria. You need to compare the percentage of daily income spent on food for average citizens in both countries.

I am comparing housing not food. UK has housing crisis since 2021, prices have skyrocket but food has always been cheap till this day. It is common for other 1st world countries as well, they don't lack food. Last last you will eat from food stamps.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Vision101(m): 12:06am On Jul 07, 2023
@Mindlog

@me
See calculation. All these UK people are full of calculation. They sleep, wake, eat and breathe calculating. I studied their taxation and keep asking myself how they practice it.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
Vision101:
@Mindlog

@me
See calculation. All these UK people are full of calculation. They sleep, wake, eat and breathe calculating. I studied their taxation and keep asking myself how they practice it.

everyweher for dis world now, na calculation spending we dey do o.

pe pe ri pe, pe pe ri pe
No go dey do pass yourself grin

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Mindlog: 2:12am On Jul 08, 2023
Vision101:
@Mindlog

@me

When you earn comfortably, you buy all those in bulk:. 10kg of garri, 10 litres of palm oil, 10kg semolina, 10kg of beans, condiments, veggies etc and have them delivered to your home at an extra fee. £200 some people earn in a day can comfortably get one ,all those things I listed.

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
Mindlog:

When you earn comfortably, you buy all those in bulk:. 10kg of garri, 10 litres of palm oil, 10kg semolina, 10kg of beans, condiments, veggies etc and have them delivered to your home at an extra fee. £200 some people earn in a day can comfortably get one ,all those things I listed.

are you a visa agent?
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Mindlog: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
Dimaya:

are you a visa agent?

NO.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by NoToPile: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2023
It's like people don't know how expensive food is nowadays.

Except she want to be tearing bread all day that one sef you will by 1000-1200 loaf daily.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
NoToPile:

Except she want to be tearing bread all day that one sef you will by 1000-1200 loaf daily.

Things have become more expensive
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2023
NoToPile:

no mind dem
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2023
Dimaya:

Things have become more expensive

I no know how family wey con get plenty pikin go dey cope for dis tilubu era.

nna mehn!
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2023
Vision101:
@Mindlog

@me

That's why people in Nigeria feel that UK folks are stingy. Most don't understand the billing situation until they arrive here and find out that it is not beans. If you miss your bus/train and you want to order uber over here, you go hear am. No more 400 danfo or keke napep. I took a 12 minute cab within the city of milan to the linate airport, I had to pay 30 Euros.

that's why you calculate everything o

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
UK guys are the most stingy people on earth lipsrsealed
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Childfree: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
Zigzagman:
In a clip that is trending online, a young lady declares that she eats over 4k food per day in lagos. Thats 120K per month just on food. The young men in the room were amazed by her expense breakdown. What do you think?

Lagos people, over to you all Is that figure reasonable for a single lady in lagos? How much do you guys spend on food everyday?

How much should a single lady spend on food everyday? Is she worth dating? Watch and let us know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5hmweKq70o

I don't know if the lady mentioned how much money she makes. Wether she's the one paying for it or someone funding her is not the problem based on what I see from the thread.

Is there a rule that says a lady can't or shouldn't spend 4k daily on food?

Everyone spends according to what he/she can afford or likes. 4k divided by 3 is just #1,300

Are you saying no place where a plate of food would cost 1,300 or what? Probably in her case it even include water and a drink sef.

I rarely eat outside. If I do, the mama put not far from my place is 450 per plate. Further down my place an ordinary restaurant is 800 per plate. X3 is already 2,600 i.e without water or any drink oo. Are you saying there are no people that eat 3X there always?

The restaurant where a meal cost 1k, 1.3k or 1.5k... and so on, X3 is already 4k+. Is it not people eating there? Or are you saying there are no people that make such places the sole place they eat?

So what are you guys saying?

Unless them guys don't eat outside or they are still being feed at home.

The problem is you guys are calculating her expenses based on your earnings lol.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2023
Childfree:

I don't know if the lady mentioned how much money she makes. Wether she's the one paying for it or someone funding her is not the problem based on what I see from the thread.

Is there a rule that says a lady can't or shouldn't spend 4k daily on food?

Everyone spends according to what he/she can afford or likes. 4k divided by 3 is just #1,300

Are you saying no place where a plate of food would cost 1,300 or what? Probably in her case it even include water and a drink sef.

I rarely eat outside. If I do, the mama put not far from my place is 450 per plate. Further down my place an ordinary restaurant is 800 per plate. X3 is already 2,600 i.e without water or any drink oo. Are you saying there are no people that eat 3X there always?

The restaurant where a meal cost 1k, 1.3k or 1.5k... and so on, X3 is already 4k+. Is it not people eating there? Or are you saying there are no people that make such places the sole place they eat?

So what are you guys saying?

Unless them guys don't eat outside or they are still being feed at home.

The problem is you guys are calculating her expenses based on your earnings lol.

they are calculating it based on the average income of a Nigerian. there are places where you can eat 20K per meal in Lagos.

what would your response be if a guy said he eats 60K per day. would you advise your sister to marry such?

that's the equivalent of what he's saying .
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Childfree: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
Zigzagman:

they are calculating it based on the average income of a Nigerian. there are places where you can eat 20K per meal in Lagos.

what would your response be if a guy said he eats 60K per day. would you advise your sister to marry such?

that's the equivalent of what he's saying .

Yeah the average Nigerian doesn't even earn such in the first place to even spend that on food. Like I said it depends on the individual's income and if he's willing to spend such on food. It is not aliens eating in such places where 3 square meals cost 4k or more (120k or more monthly).

So because most average Nigerians can only afford cars of 2-4 million, then someone shouldn't buy a car of 20million even if he can afford it or that's what he likes?

If he can afford to spend 60k daily on food why not? I see nothing wrong with that.
Curious, why do you see it as a problem?

Let me be clear, are you implying that the quantity of 4k food is too plenty for someone to finish it or what? Or the lady doesn't have the money?
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2023
Childfree:

Yeah the average Nigerian doesn't even earn such in the first place to even spend that on food. Like I said it depends on the individual's income and if he's willing to spend such on food. It is not aliens eating in such places where 3 square meals cost 4k or more (120k or more monthly).

So because most average Nigerians can only afford cars of 2-4 million, then someone shouldn't buy a car of 20million even if he can afford it or that's what he likes?

If he can afford to spend 60k daily on food why not? I see nothing wrong with that.
Curious, why do you see it as a problem?

Let me be clear, are you implying that the quantity of 4k food is too plenty for someone to finish it or what? Or the lady doesn't have the money?

the lady in the video said that she spends over 4K everyday on food. For most Nigerians, this isn't within the realm of possibility.

The conversation is relative to the expenses of everyday Nigerians.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Childfree: 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2023
Zigzagman:

the lady in the video said that she spends over 4K everyday on food. For most Nigerians, this isn't within the realm of possibility.

The conversation is relative to the expenses of everyday Nigerians.

Of course, do you expect people who earn 150k or 100k to spend 4k daily on food?

What of 1.5k daily? Isn't it also out of range for some people?

Still there are people who spend 4k on food daily(120k monthly) because they have the money.

All the reaction from this thread and video or questioning if a lady who spend such is fit for marriage na just poverty mentality, simple.

Are you expecting someone who earns 70k to say yes he'll marry a lady that spends 4k daily on food?

A lady who has the money shouldn't spend 1,500 on food daily because some guys earn 50k monthly abi?

Check this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/7023668/how-much-spend-feeding-daily

This was in March 2022 people are quoting 4k, 3k, 2k daily on food. Do you think the cost went up or down from then to now? Why are you guys making a big deal out of what the lady said?
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Zigzagman: 11:41am On Jul 12, 2023
Childfree:

Of course, do you expect people who earn 150k or 100k to spend 4k daily on food?

What of 1.5k daily? Isn't it also out of range for some people?

Still there are people who spend 4k on food daily(120k monthly) because they have the money.

All the reaction from this thread and video or questioning if a lady who spend such is fit for marriage na just poverty mentality, simple.

Are you expecting someone who earns 70k to say yes he'll marry a lady that spends 4k daily on food?

A lady who has the money shouldn't spend 1,500 on food daily because some guys earn 50k monthly abi?

Check this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/7023668/how-much-spend-feeding-daily

This was in March 2022 people are quoting 4k, 3k, 2k daily on food. Do you think the cost went up or down from then to now? Why are you guys making a big deal out of what the lady said?

Oga, it's not poverty mentality.

Go and check the thread you posted up there and see the responses to her 3K also. We no dey abuse the babe. We just dey aggregate the cost of her food alone.

Why una dey like lie for people like dis? Na una type go dey deceive woman wey don marry say her husband no dey try for am.

How many married women for Nigeria fit dey carry dem family go dey chop 4K for restaurant every day? How many?

Imagine say husband and wife get 3 pikin. Five of dem come dey chop 4K each for restaurant every day. Na 20K be dat daily. Times am by 30 days, he go come mean say family dey chop 600K food monthly. 600K! Unless dem dey work for police wey dey collect roger for road, or dem be agbero wey dey collect owoda.

Even if husbdan and wife both dey make 1Milla steadily monthly

How dem go take pay rent, fuel car, pay school fees and build dem house?

Na bad tin. No dey try disguise am say na flexing. I no fit marry woman wey dey proud say she dey spend dat kain money on top food daily.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by bukatyne(f): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
Zigzagman:

Go and check the thread you posted up there and see the responses to her 3K also. We no dey abuse the babe. We just dey aggregate the cost of her food alone.

Why una dey like lie for people like dis? Na una type go dey deceive woman wey don marry say her husband no dey try for am.

How many married women for Nigeria fit dey carry dem family go dey chop 4K for restaurant every day? How many?

Imagine say husband and wife get 3 pikin. Five of dem come dey chop 4K each for restaurant every day. Na 20K be dat daily. Times am by 30 days, he go come mean say family dey chop 600K food monthly. 600K! Unless dem dey work for police wey dey collect roger for road, or dem be agbero wey dey collect owoda.

Na bad tin. No dey try disguise am say na flexing. I no fit marry woman wey dey proud say she dey spend dat kain money on top food daily.

@ bold:

Good you recognise she is not in your league and decided to steer clear.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by bukatyne(f): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
Going through this thread again, I realise that the average NLer (especially male) always determine possibilities and impossibilities through their meagre earnings.

Using Lagos as an example, we are approximately 15m people.

Out of that 15m, about 20% (3m) are living lives you all consider fairytale with legitimate income. Another 10% can live fairytale lives but are constrained by their responsibilities (especially rent & school fees) running into almost tens of millions so they might not flex very regularly. These 30% of people consist of men & women: Single & Married.

I say fairytale to you because some people are knocking their heads over N120k food per month.

Just move around on Sundays and see all eatries jampacked with full families having brunch after Church dismissal. I assure you that some spend more than N120k per month for such outings even if they cook at home for the rest of the week.

Some others might do a weekend getaway in a very standard hotel once a month spending more than the decried N120k even if they cook at home.

Some can like breakfast at XYZ or exploring all restaurants spending more than the bemoaned N120k per month. A few families I know eat about 70% of their meals outside the home.

Some others need to eat special meals due to health issues or acquired taste and spend more than the N4k per plate in their own houses.

Just like grocery shopping; some families spend hundreds of thousands per month; some other families earn less than N100k per month.

In all of this, I acknowledge that the bottom 70% (~10.5m) are at different stages of earnings and some are really dirt poor.

However, instead of bad bellying them, look at them:
1. How did they get there (into those organisations or built their businesses)?
2. What are their qualifications? How can I start from where I am and grow in my chosen field?
3. What do they invest in?

Should I also mention that most of these peeps have max 3 kids thereby reducing the resources required to give their kids the best.

Also, when I talk of fairytale or flexing, it is not the Dorime and co done in clubs; these 30% worked hard for their money legitimately.

1 Like

Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Childfree: 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
Zigzagman:

I wasn't trying to point a particular lady on the thread. If you go through to the second page, you'll see people mentioning from ranges of 1k to 4k. By now it is more sef. So I see no reason for the fuss regards what that lady said in that video.

The lady isn't saying everyone should spend 4k or is she saying you must spend 4k. So what is her business if someone doesn't have the money to spend 4k on food or how many Nigerians can afford it. Are you implying people shouldn't spend 4k on food because a lot of Nigerians can't spend that?

All the people that spend 4k, is it not their money? Is it not their choice? So what's the problem?

If a family that have the funds to spend 600k eating outside, is it not their choice and money? Paying for house rent, school fees or any. Please how is it anyone's concern.

You can choose not to spend 4k daily on food or marry a girl that does such. But allow people to spend their money the way they like.

Let's say I can spend 2k daily, does it make sense just because someone spends 800 should see my spending habit on food bad or unrealistic?

Curious what do you think is the ideal amount to spend daily if one doesn't cook? Your figure is based on what?
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by ideamonster: 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
Childfree:

I wasn't trying to point a particular lady on the thread. If you go through to the second page, you'll see people mentioning from ranges of 1k to 4k. By now it is more sef. So I see no reason for the fuss regards what that lady said in that video.

The lady isn't saying everyone should spend 4k or is she saying you must spend 4k. So what is her business if someone doesn't have the money to spend 4k on food or how many Nigerians can afford it. Are you implying people shouldn't spend 4k on food because a lot of Nigerians can't spend that?

All the people that spend 4k, is it not their money? Is it not their choice? So what's the problem?

If a family that have the funds to spend 600k eating outside, is it not their choice and money? Paying for house rent, school fees or any. Please how is it anyone's concern.

You can choose not to spend 4k daily on food or marry a girl that does such. But allow people to spend their money the way they like.

Let's say I can spend 2k daily, does it make sense just because someone spends 800 should see my spending habit on food bad or unrealistic?

Curious what do you think is the ideal amount to spend daily if one doesn't cook? Your figure is based on what?

you are truly blessed
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by ideamonster: 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2023
bukatyne:

@ bold:

Good you recognise she is not in your league and decided to steer clear.

i've been reading nairaland as a guest for years now but just had to register to comment. this site is filled with broke people. $5 per day is too much for feeding (three meals). am I missing something?
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Acidosis(m): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
Are these adults trying to convince me that they all buy food every single day without exception? Do none of them possess a kitchen, a family, or a home where they can prepare their meals? How are they able to come up with precise amounts?

No be everything we suppose dey blog about sha.
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Dimaya: 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
Acidosis:

Are these adults trying to convince me that they all buy food every single day without exception? Do none of them possess a kitchen, a family, or a home where they can prepare their meals? How are they able to come up with precise amounts?

No be everything we suppose dey blog about sha.

Acidosis don jump on the thread grin

Long time no see bro. The responses on this thread just keeps stunning me
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by Acidosis(m): 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
Dimaya:

Acidosis don jump on the thread grin

Long time no see bro. The responses on this thread just keeps stunning me

Lol

Good evening, boss. I still dey here o, following the foot steps of veterans like you
Re: They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. by descarado: 2:10am On Jul 13, 2023
Zigzagman:
UK guys are the most stingy people on earth lipsrsealed
Yet they have been holding the country together since buhari happened through foreign remittance. Check your stat.
If not that they add and minus, you in Nigeria would have eaten sand.
Ungrateful human being

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" / 10 Reasons why people Gets Drunk / Single Mothers Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.