Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd (38235 Views)

See What I Saw In A Church I Visited In South Asia! / Does The Church I Attend Matter? / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Truthday: 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
jeff1993:

U are right ..... More reason why u head slammers are prone to terrorism!!!

Any small thing violence ..... and KABOOM!!!

Stop sucking blood in your churches. Blood suckers.

https://www.nairaland.com/7748974/calabar-mob-burnt-mother-four

https://www.nairaland.com/7748756/watch-how-abiko-died-church#124151308

https://www.nairaland.com/7748756/watch-how-abiko-died-church#124155751
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by BarrElChapo(m): 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:
Happy sunday nairalanders.
I moved to a new area(Student area) and decided to attend a nearby church.

These are what I noticed.

-- I was the only one that used scarf.Even the choristers and the female ministers didn't use scarf.

--Almost all the female members are putting on trousers,ladies that put on gowns/skirt are not up to 20%.
I was even surprised that the two female ministers and the female choristers also put on trouser to climb the church alter.

--During prayer intersection,I noticed everybody were praying in tongues and it seems am the only person not filled with the holy spirit to speak in tongues.
Even when we were asked to pray on our offering,people still prayed in tongues.

And it just seems I'm odd among them or is it that am not modernized?

If you grew up in an Orthodox Christian home eg Catholic, Anglican, Methodist and the likes, why swap for pentecostal and claim to feel odd.

Kindly find one and worship.

3 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Lincton: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
As much as we focus on Jesus the Author and the finisher of our faith. Go to a Bible believing church where you will be glad serving God.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by DaveHarry(m): 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

-- I was the only one that used scarf.Even the choristers and the female ministers didn't use scarf.

--Almost all the female members are putting on trousers,ladies that put on gowns/skirt are not up to 20%.
I was even surprised that the two female ministers and the female choristers also put on trouser to climb the church alter.

--During prayer intersection,I noticed everybody were praying in tongues and it seems am the only person not filled with the holy spirit to speak in tongues.

Let me guess: Christ embassy
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by EngrMcDon(m): 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
chigoziri2403:
It's your first time in the church
Its okay to feel ostracised
With time, you will feel among
Probably buy a few trousers and brush up your queen's English
As for speaking in tongues...... Maybe you learn a foreign language or an indigenous language like efik or birom

grin grin grin
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Godmind2022(m): 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

If you feel in your spirit that the place is not where you should worship, please forget every advice, follow your spirit. May God lead you aright in Jesus name.

If you ask me though, I may not worship there, but I can't say 100% if it is okay or not to worship in that kind of church, I must confess to you my dear sincere seeker.

If you are a sincere seeker, may God guide you in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by GistFullGround: 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
You don't have to imitate anymore because salvation is personal.

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Godfullsam(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
HydraFeeds:
People that grew up in “old” Pentecostal church like TAC and CAC consider it a sin that a female wear trouser ,use powder ,wear ear rings etc . Therefore they find it odd that when they see other Pentecostal churches do all these and most time consider them odd/not holy enough to make heaven etc .

One of the disadvantages of breaking away from Catholic Church is that everyone has their own doctrine but consider other doctrines not acceptable to God . Neglecting the fact that culture have great effects on biblical lifestyle and other doctrine lifestyles.

Imagine saying a woman should not wear supposed men’s cloth and vice versa but some cultures like the Arab have their men wearing gown ,Scotland and some Scandinavian and South South people of Nigeria have their men wearing robe which apparently belongs to women in most other culture .

One of the reasons I let go of religion is because everyone is claiming to be right and the probability of one of them being right is negligible because high percentage of people will be on the losing side and I wonder why an omniscient God will create people just to make them lose in the long run .

This your last paragraph deep o shocked!

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by FuckTheMod: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

The craziest twist is that, MOST OF THOSE GIRLS ARE WHÓRES AND SOME HAVE BOYFRIENDS THAT THEY CONSTANTLY SERVICE. A FEW OF THE MEMBERS ARE EVEN SLEEPING WITH EACHOTHER...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Edoziesmart(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
frenzy48:
one new generation church I attended some weeks ago,,the ushers all wore trousers,the worship singer dyed his hair pink, choristers wore tight seductive trousers,,guys were allowed to wear caps while girls didn't cover their hairs .some guys even came with crossing bag .I just felt odd
That place should be a party house and not church gathering undecided

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Reality3080: 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
Gerrard59:
OP,

You are analysing the case from your ethnic culture. Christians in churches in East Asia don't cover their hair. They wear trousers and put on makeup. According to you, would they go to hell fire? shocked
so we are in east asia abi?

3 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by FuckTheMod: 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
Prince202020:
In the heart, we serve God
Or deh
I even saw this nonsense posted by one American professional prostitutē.
Make una just dey fõõl una sef.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Reality3080: 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
The only thing I value is character and empathy.

If you like dress seductively to church. I don't care.
so it’s cool to come to church in bra n pant?

2 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by emekajacobogbon(m): 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
thinkmoney:

We serve God in example more than in the heart
Examplary lifestyle first emanates from the heart that's good and not by physical appearances or utterances which is rooted in heart of deceit and fake life

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Okoroawusa: 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

A significant number of black people have woken up and liberated from the scam of Abrahamic religion i.e Christianity and islam

If you still practice any of the two Abrahamic religion, its time you wake up and ditch that slave master's history book.

Have you asked yourself with number of churches and mosque in Nigeria and the amount of prayers offered, the country is very backward and not working?

If we can conclude anything, it is that the prayers aren't working.

If the prayers they offer works, Nigeria will be heaven on earth by now considering the number of churches on every inch and corner of Nigeria.

If 80% of the buildings used as worship centers are turned to factories, do you know how much it will contribute to Nigeria's economy?

I wish I could like this your comment a thousand times
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by flexyrule(m): 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
Hanibal:
Omo!
You're still on these elementary matters ?
Do not wear trousers vs wear trousers, do not use gold vs use gold, cover your head, don't use powder, outward beauty vs inner beauty grin do not touch, do not taste... really?
In 2023?
Sis you have a long way to go mehn!
God has called us to deeper things, you need to "come up hither"!
Story!
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by dealslip(f): 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

Those that will worship God, will worship HIM in spirit and in truth not trouser or scarf. Your body is similar to a house, while your soul lives in the body just like you live in your house. Now your house is not the main guy, your soul is. Whether you paint the house white or place a signboard on the house doesn't affect you or stop you from living in your house does it? Worrying about Trouser or Scarf is not Gods priority. I know people who are very promiscuous yet tie scarf and wear Sister Amaka skirt.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by emekajacobogbon(m): 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
Reality3080:
so it’s cool to come to church in bra n pant?
People are really confused ooooh
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by FuckTheMod: 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

A significant number of black people have woken up and liberated from the scam of Abrahamic religion i.e Christianity and islam

If you still practice any of the two Abrahamic religion, its time you wake up and ditch that slave master's history book.

Have you asked yourself with number of churches and mosque in Nigeria and the amount of prayers offered, the country is very backward and not working?

If the prayers they offer works, Nigeria will be heaven on earth by now considering the number of churches on every inch and corner of Nigeria.

If 80% of the buildings used as worship centers are turned to factories, do you know how much it will contribute to Nigeria's economy?

See ignorant person talking about "wokeness" grin grin
Una too funny for this country grin
So there are two Abrahamic religions?
Clap for yourself grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Originalsly: 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
Okealaaye:

Yes, the PR man preaches "the Sermon," but it's in most cases like Teaching Practice and Motivational Speaking. Nothing Christlike no more.

grin PR man! ... but is true!

@topic ...OP... why wear scarf?... is it cold? If you be Bible follower you should be worried about the female preachers than with what women be wearing. You should even be more worried about them speaking in tongues ... do you know what they were saying?... who they were praying to?... or you just jumped to the conclusion it was to God? Maybe you joined a cult meeting and don't even know.

3 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Zico5(m): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
It's better to serve God where u are comfortable. Some of the churches today are established to please man not to serve and worship God in truth and faith. Any church or congregation that make you comfortable in sin is not household of God but den of devils. This is the bitter truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by RataNata(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
Everything about church is changing alarmingly
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Ugwuoke347(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

You speak the mind of Satan.
Satan wants exactly what you have just suggested.
The Church serves a mighty purpose.
Satan knows that.
That is why he keeps attacking the Church to cast doubt and reproach the way of the Church so as to cause many to turn away.
All the abuses you see in the Church are the incitements of Satan.
And yet, the Church must prevail.
The gates of hell must crash.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Seankhalifa: 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by 77up(m): 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
chigoziri2403:
It's your first time in the church
Its okay to feel ostracised
With time, you will feel among
Probably buy a few trousers and brush up your queen's English
As for speaking in tongues...... Maybe you learn a foreign language or an indigenous language like efik or birom
wahala wahala wahala 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by dont8(m): 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
Dogi1:
So sad the western world is destroying everything for us.
Really! And who brought the religion to you in the first place?
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Hotwest: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
Speaking in tongues is now norm in all these protestant churches...they will just be shirobarashishakara talking everywhere. Wicked people o deceiving themselves
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Reality3080: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
emekajacobogbon:

People are really confused ooooh
don’t mind them

Forming woke on spiritual matters even when everyone can see d right thing in d Bible

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by chocboi78(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

wetin u wan produce for all those factories 😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by thinkmoney(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
emekajacobogbon:

Examplary lifestyle first emanates from the heart that's good and not by physical appearances or utterances which is rooted in heart of deceit and fake life
The guy I reacted to, post the often go to ideology of some poor Christian that infer lifestyle or the way one appears doesn’t matter so far one heart is good. That ideology is big lie.
Physical manifestations is directly related with a God fearing heart. In fact who and what you are in reality and physically is a direct product of who and what you are in the heart.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Viq2orh: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

You have just expressed yourself writtenly but not effectively communicated. Are you angry over the dominion of light(church) against darkness( principalities and powers).
You have only myopically pointed out the state of the country amidst prayers and churches, but failed to phantom how the whole thing could have look like in absence of churches and national prayers 🙏

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Parents, Shades People With Broken Marriages / Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.