Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways (69995 Views)

Live Moment Anaconda Swallow Hippopotamus / Man Opens Stomach Of Monster Alligator To Find Tags Of 5 Missing Dogs In US / Two Manatees Caught In River Benue. Boys Charge N100 Per View (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Sammy5413(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
HiP for the hip
POPO for the hippopo
And TAMUS for the hippopotamus

HIPPOPOTAMUS!!!
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Bahamas95(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
jmoore:
For the animal to have killed some humans, is it ethical to eat the animal?
I guess you eat crayfish, do you know one of their favorite delicacies?
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by just2endowed: 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
jmoore:
For the animal to have killed some humans, is it ethical to eat the animal?

Hippo eat grass. They are territorial animals meaning they will attack if you enter their territory.

Hippo kill more humans than lion. That's one weird fact.

1 Like

Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by tosyne2much(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah they should, but one can outrun a herdsman pursuing you, or fight back. You cannot do that one on one with an angry hippo. Your death is assured. Even outrunning it....if you succed, that means the gods picked your emergency call rapidly. If you don't...see you on the other eternal plane..lol.
You can't even outrun a hippo.. Never!

The safe bet is to find a nearest tree and climb it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Terrahawk: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
We don't have a lot of animal wildlife in Nigeria that attracts tourist like in Kenya and south Africa. But the little we have we must protect. It's a shame that our natural God given heritage we are destroying to to fill our bellys. When we have no hippos left, our children and their children will be going to other countries to see these magnificent animals. Shame shame shame. Savage animal destroying people. Shame.
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by zeyt: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
Our ancestors almost wipe out the wildlife to extinction, but they can be forgiven for they didn't know the concept of conservation for posterity. But at this modern area it's backwardness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Cartoonmakun: 3:48pm On Jul 08, 2023
Mahone05:
True, it killed a woman that used to supply vegetable for my family some 3 months ago

Are you from the village? Don’t believe things you read on social media oo
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by BigDawsNet: 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lama70:

So they should allow hippopotamus kill them because of US visa?

So you can think hippopotamus will come out of is water and start hunting everyone? ...
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Lama70(m): 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
BigDawsNet:

So you can think hippopotamus will come out of is water and start hunting everyone? ...

So the few it killed were not human beings?
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by todugo(m): 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2023
ratiani6:
Yummy smiley tongue
It will be enough to feed the entire community. Palliative don land for this critical time grin grin
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Pascal9: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lama70:

Mr. Bean Brain,

You're the most moronic entity ever to cross my path in the last couple of years.

Just when I think you're learning, you suffer a relapse and we find you on the starting block again.

Pray, when will this unending circle of unproductivity come to an end in the life of this traumatized donkey?
You need help, and may help come your way soon. Amen.
Mediocre , you are not worth wasting time on.
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by jrusky(m): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
slimfit1:

You can capture it document your process and make money out of it.

Where, in Nigeria?

Hello pls I hate it when an African are playing hypocrisy after knowing the truth. So it is the local hunter who will go and capture it and document it and make which money from it?

We are talking about a brutal animal that have caused death and destruction you are here talking capturing, so with numerous headaches facing Nigeria citizen daily na to go dey hunt one wild hippo for documentary be d next thing ba? Ok I have hard you..

I think you watched to much discovery or animal planet documentary.
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by DrMuzungu(m): 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2023
Mahone05:
True, it killed a woman that used to supply vegetable for my family some 3 months ago

The question is, how long will it take this community to consume all the meat? @lalasticlala, what's your estimation?
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by descarado: 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2023
Will they eat it?
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Oshin56(m): 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
Benue people self that's how a colleagues posted a guy that killed lion on his way to farm this week (I don't know how true it's).

Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by alhajiabdulbuha: 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
Love Hippos and Protect Biafra's wild life
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by KoladeChris24(m): 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2023
I'm not surprised.

How would a government that cannot protect her people protect a vulnerable species like the hippopotamus.
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Lama70(m): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2023
Pascal9:
Mediocre , you are not worth wasting time on.

Get the hell out of my space then. You bloody Andzukumma. It is an ancient Arabic word meaning, "a godforsaken person ", and that's what you are.
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by EmmyMaestro(m): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2023
H I P for the HIP
P O P O for the HIP PO PO
and TAMUS
For the HI PO PO TAMUS
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by BigDawsNet: 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lama70:

So the few it killed were not human beings?

Hippopotamus kill atleast 500 people in US every year... that doesn't mean citizen should start killing dem...
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Pascal9: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lama70:

Get the hell out of my space then. You bloody Andzukumma. It is an ancient Arabic word meaning, "a godforsaken person ", and that's what you are.
useless caveman
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by GUNITGuy: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2023
They are territorial by default
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by AfonjaPriest: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2023
After killing it, what next? Is it to grill it for eating? Whatever, but see it another way, this is barbarism taken too far; they should have relocated it to where it can have fellowship with its kith and kin.
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by AfonjaPriest: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2023
After killing it, what next? Is it to grill it for eating? Whatever, but see it another way, this is barbarism taken too far; they should have relocated it to where it can have fellowship with its kith and kin.
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Careente7(m): 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2023
sleek214:
Why should I subscribe to your YouTube channel, with this your ugly voice and bad pronunciation. Please go get someone to be doing the presentation for you.
Bro I understand,I feel your pain 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by caandi: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2023
Enice:
I have seen where a cow killed someone. Does it mean the cow should not be eaten?
but the cow didn’t chew the person right?
What of it’s a very big python or some other carnivore that swallowed/killed someone and then it’s being killed and then later eaten?
Is it right??
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Mahone05: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2023
Freshtruth:
serous how explain pld

It attacked a canoe she was in, her corpse was recovered the next day partly eaten
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Beremx:
May hippopotamus meat favour me in Jesus name grin grin

Lol, you no serious o, loool
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Benblaq(m): 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
sleek214:
Why should I subscribe to your YouTube channel, with this your ugly voice and bad pronunciation. Please go get someone to be doing the presentation for you.
The voice is bad to you because you expect him to speak in pure English accent. Lol. I bet if he's to make the voiceover in his native language he'll kill it perfectly. Don't crucify him.
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by pheranme9(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
You bad no cap, can't stop laughing
sleek214:
Re: Benue Youths Kill Monster Hippopotamus Terrorising Their Waterways by Antichristus: 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
The narrator can't produce the name of the animal, correctly. SHAME ON YOUR ENGLISH TEACHER AND SCHOOL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Strangled To Death By His Pet Snake In Ghana (Photos,video) / A Mysterious Tortoise Appeared In Our Backyard Today. Advise Needed! (pictures) / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.