Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English (36038 Views)

Lagos Commences Distribution Of Palliatives To Citizens / Ondo Election: Analytics Of Official Results As Announced By INEC / Magu Moves His Personal Belongings Out Of Official Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Kusu12: 10:43am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

Lol yoruba clown grin. South as a whole as in colonial mentality? For someone whose tribe lost ilorin to a minority Fulani demography that's pretty cheeky of you. Ckay became a global sensation with "love Nwantiti"- an Igbo-themed song, Kcee is currently making big waves across the world with his "Ojapiano" genre, Oja is an Igbo wind instrument...so relax with your Afrobeats yoruba hype that is all about commercial packaging than actual quality.

2weeks sit at home commences on 31st July in your region, but na Yoruba be your broblem.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Stanweezy(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2023
Pkid1:
The guy dey whine himself grin cheesy Nollywood alone sef igbo language don go far. Let alone Nigeria grin

Outside the country, they thought Igbo is the second official language because most of the Nollywood movies have Igbo infused in it
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Christistruth03: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2023
TemplarLandry:
shocked Not bad.
Big shoutout to the person who typed that
memo in Yorùbá, they aced the àmì (diacritic
marks).

I dedicate “Eko Ile” by Jazzman Olofin feat. Storm Records All Stars (Nkiru, Dare Art Alade, GT Da Guitarman, Sasha)
to LASG. Great jam!

Eko ilu Ogbon,
Eko Ile,
Eko o ni baje

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Pkid1: 10:45am On Jul 12, 2023
Stanweezy:

Outside the country, they thought Igbo is the second official language because most of the Nollywood movies have Igbo infused in it
for sure na? Igbos are the owners of Nollywood?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Christistruth03: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2023
Dbestbrest:
This has been the norms from time immemorial. All Lagos state owned media present news in the aforementioned languages. Don't come on line to spew trash please

Especially Arise TV

Can't wait to hear them Casting News in Yoruba

The Bible says " Give honour to whom honour is due"

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Toosure70: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2023
But you all agreed with sorosoke nau
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by danvon(m): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The quick to respond "I don't understand Yoruba " crew just got served. Even forms and job interviews in Lagos will be conducted in Yoruba and Egun. Incentives will be given to organisations that adapt to this current reality.

Also, the Yoruba parents and woke will know the meaning of "Yoruba dun" wink

This is LASG helping them and their parents by teaching them the education most of them missed at home. Odun joor! like Radio Lagos 107.5 FM will scream in its jingle.

If you want to be part of the modern Lagos, learn Yoruba. If you are not ready to learn the language, stay back in your village, it's not by force . After all, you can still make it in your village.

The secret behind our success in Lagos is in our Yoruba culture and language, it encodes the spirit of Omoluabi, if you want to succeed in Lagos, go and learn Yoruba.
There is no Badagry indigene who will not understand Yoruba because they're an eya of Yoruba.

Those who hate the Yoruba and forming "I have been in Yorubaland for donkey years" , but can't speak Yoruba are plainly ignorant people. You can not spend years in a place and don't understand the language of your
host anywhere in the world unless you hate your host. I was thoroughly embarrassed when I watched a Mr Obi who has been in Lagos for decades use Prof Pat Utomi as his interpreter for Yoruba Language ,I knew immediately that he isn't serious about getting people to know him. It was the ignorance of Mr Obi displayed in public view. There is no way I can spend that long in Igboland and not speak Igbo.

This policy will help us know those who have mixed ignorance with hatred for the Yoruba their host.

Learn Yoruba and if you can't, no problem, just know that No Yoruba, no Lagos life for you
niyen. If you spend donkey years in Lagos and have mastered Yoruba, it will help you when you return to the village in your retirement because you will see Yoruba corps, Police etc posted to your village and they will appreciate your village more because of you they found there to speak Yoruba with. The other villagers will be envious of you and wish they have your clout.

We don't hate you, we just want those who love us and respect our culture to flourish in our land while those who hate us can stay back in their villages. The sky is big enough!
God bless Lagos state and Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!

Look I know lots of Igbos who genuinely want to learn Yoruba the problem is the education system the way Yoruba is taught in schools is usually done in such a way that no none Yoruba can actually understand. So they have to work on the education system maybe having a radio station that teaches and translates Yoruba would be welcome.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Christistruth03: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2023
OldBeer:
The government of Lagos state has begun the issuance of vital information to its populace in Egun, Yoruba and English.
Critics say this new development may not be unconnected with the 2023 elections that sprung up surprises in the state.
It is yet to be seen if this will become the modus operandi of the state going forward.

We don't care what the Critics think

Lagos is Yorubaland

And even the Angels also Worship God Almighty and dance for him in Yoruba

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by yewit37486: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2023
Any initiative to preserve our local languages is welcome.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:
I kinda like this.

We must make sure Yoruba become the second official language in the South as a whole.

Ever since I watched the Netflix documentary “Bigger than Africa”, I just suddenly got this extreme proudness in me for being a Yoruba man.

Afro beat language is already Yoruba, why can’t the whole Southern Nigeria adopt Yoruba as the second official language?

You de mad, who wan to de speak nbati nbati up and down

Take it to the north your masters
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by XY23: 10:51am On Jul 12, 2023
OldBeer:
The government of Lagos state has begun the issuance of vital information to its populace in Egun, Yoruba and English.
Critics say this new development may not be unconnected with the 2023 elections that sprung up surprises in the state.
It is yet to be seen if this will become the modus operandi of the state going forward.

Na so Nigerians take start to write IELTS to visit Ghana once other states follow suit. Agbayas! All braun no brain.

Ditto: Communicating official information in local dialets
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Henry22(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2023
Thier problem not mine grin, they will soon include fulani
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Calitoscassius(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2023
The crooked politicians are further dividing the country, if LIEgerians cannot see it then they are fuuls.. Politicians will always make the gullible masses believe that politicians are with and for them.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by blakkydikky(m): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2023
Absuchat:
grin grin
Insecurity issues.
Igbos don shake up Alausa grin
... Has igbo's ever shaken anything in Nigeria let alone Alausa?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Absuchat(m): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2023
blakkydikky:
... Has igbo's ever shaken anything in Nigeria let alone Alausa?
igbos are not your mates... Obi won your Lagos ( even Alausa). grin
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by fredoooooo: 10:57am On Jul 12, 2023
God bless you for this ..
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Absuchat(m): 10:57am On Jul 12, 2023
Christistruth03:

We don't care what the Critics think

Lagos is Yorubaland

And even the Angels also Worship God Almighty in Yoruba
Idol worshipper ... Reason why Emir banished you and your ilk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by blakkydikky(m): 10:58am On Jul 12, 2023
DeadCountry:
Why do these parasites want to claim Egun people?
don't mind them,all because Egun people are descendants of Biafra.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Kingson28: 10:58am On Jul 12, 2023
[quote author=aariwa post=124365224] One of such Yoruba language bills had been signed trwice or more in the past but nothing came out of it because it’s pure politics meant at fooling their followers. Lagos belongs to every Nigerian and not to any body . Go and read history, Nigerias”s oil boom from Gowon to IBB was spent on Lagos for every Nigerian not for any tribe or individuals so Lagos is one of the benefits of one Nigeria..people from all over Nigeria will continue to troop into Lagos daily and nobody will stop them…go and multiply as said in the Bible . If you sell your land any where and become a tenant to him you are now at his mercy to accommodate you and you don’t have to blame anybody for your mistakes.

If they sold land to non-indigenes, the state government can revoke the C of O, get back the land and pay you back your money.
Don't ever think buying a land in Lagos State makes you a permanent owner of the land.
Even in other countries, if you buy land as a non-indigene, you don't own it forever. It will revert back to the State after many years.
Don't teach or push original land owners or indigenous people to treat you badly because of your loud and proud attitude towards them.
No Igbo should think buying land in Lagos or elsewhere in the South West makes you a forever owner of the land.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by FairlyUSEDpussy: 10:58am On Jul 12, 2023
ALCOHOLKILLS:

You de mad, who wan to de speak nbati nbati up and down

Take it to the north your masters

No.....
U r the idiot.t here........
Na nsogbu nsogbu tin u wan make hin dey do .......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by sweetkev(m): 10:58am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

Yaribanza clown!

Go to any top 10 African nations today that are familiar with Nigerian mainstream cultures especially popular phrases they learned from Nollywood movies, do a survey and ask them certain Igbo vs Yaribanza words- then record your feedbacks cause if you're honest with your survey, you will find out that majority of the popular Nigerian slangs and native words that they know will be predominantly Igbo words cause they watch more of Osuofia, Aki & Pawpaw, Mr Ibu etc movies.

The fact that you mentioned Portable in your rants prove my point, garbage artists with zero talents that simply ride on the wave of yoruba dominated Lagos media hype, same way another below average artist like Seyi Vibez always get hyped- yet na only yoruba street touts dey listen to his Afro-incantation incoherent rubbish.

Wizkid was actually announced to the world by the P square brothers when he was coming into the game, Davido's manager (Asa Asika) na Igbo boy, same with Olamide's manager,one of Davido's biggest hit song "IF" was written and directed by Tekno an Igbo boy...see the pattern? There was always an Igbo involved in the success of yoruba successful musicians today.

Egbon, I'll rather sit-at-home in my own land eating Nkwobi and chilling with my family on Monday after making all my money for the week rather than suffer the indelible stigma of one EMIR instructing me to cancel a cultural festival on my own land. At least Owo in Ondo state where over 50 people were massacred during Sunday service didn't happen in the SE last time I checked! cheesy
One day, your bad mouth will put you in trouble in any southern states. You think you can talk abi ?
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by biafranrealson: 10:59am On Jul 12, 2023
It will lead many to learn yoruba and Yoruba will no longer have secret.
Fulani adopted hausa language but fail to teach hausas fulfude.
When issues boils down to nitty gritty,the Fulanis will conclude the talk in fulfude leaving the hausas morons.
Igbos learn yoruba but don't teach them igbo.
She na one igbo girl dey speak Chinese the other day
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by renderme: 10:59am On Jul 12, 2023
phemmyfour:
Not the same thing. Bauchi removed English completely.

Lagos isn't doing a new thing, they are just bringing back what we used to have before the arrival of internet. We used to enjoy these in the days of LTV, NTA Lagos and NTA channel 7

It is still done on all those channels. It is you people dt don’t watch it anymore and watch only dstv.
Just 2 months ago a video went viral of an NTA studio dt was collapsing on a yoruba woman’s head while she was reading the news in yoruba. That was on NTA Lagos.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by tunde1200(m): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2023
leanonme82:
This is only new for social media.

NTA Lagos and LTV usually reads the news in Yoruba, Egun and English. Since forever.

Radio Lagos too. 'Radio lagosi tiwa n tiwa nititi' has also been their music jingle since inception in the 1970s.

You still don't get it well.
Tiwa n Tiwa mititi Radio lagosi

Factos.

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Dareal90s(m): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2023
Absuchat:
grin grin
Insecurity issues.
Igbos don shake up Alausa grin

You didn't say this on the Bauchi thread. Yoruba dey give you sleepless nights.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by Warl0ck: 11:00am On Jul 12, 2023
NOwazobia:
What about state like Delta.
they have a high chance of learning igbo just like asaba people.
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by blakkydikky(m): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2023
Absuchat:

igbos are not your mates... Obi won your Lagos ( even Alausa). grin
never, third class citizens can never be my mate in Jesus' mighty name.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by renderme: 11:00am On Jul 12, 2023
leanonme82:
This is only new for social media.

NTA Lagos and LTV usually reads the news in Yoruba, Egun and English. Since forever.

Radio Lagos too. 'Radio lagosi tiwa n tiwa nititi' has also been their music jingle since inception in the 1970s.

Factos.

As it has been. And as it shall always be.

Whoever e pepper make he enter lagoon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by tunde1200(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2023
We don't hate you, we just want those who love us and respect our culture to flourish in our land while those who hate us can stay back in their villages. The sky is big enough!
God bless Lagos state and Nigeria for ever!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by untoldtruth: 11:03am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

Lol yoruba clown grin. South as a whole as in colonial mentality? For someone whose tribe lost ilorin to a minority Fulani demography that's pretty cheeky of you. Ckay became a global sensation with "love Nwantiti"- an Igbo-themed song, Kcee is currently making big waves across the world with his "Ojapiano" genre, Oja is an Igbo wind instrument...so relax with your Afrobeats yoruba hype that is all about commercial packaging than actual quality.
Kalakulu 10
LegendHero -10
There's no come back that can KO Kalakulu at this point 🤓
Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by soullove1881(m): 11:08am On Jul 12, 2023
Kalakulu:

Yaribanza clown!

Go to any top 10 African nations today that are familiar with Nigerian mainstream cultures especially popular phrases they learned from Nollywood movies, do a survey and ask them certain Igbo vs Yaribanza words- then record your feedbacks cause if you're honest with your survey, you will find out that majority of the popular Nigerian slangs and native words that they know will be predominantly Igbo words cause they watch more of Osuofia, Aki & Pawpaw, Mr Ibu etc movies.

The fact that you mentioned Portable in your rants prove my point, garbage artists with zero talents that simply ride on the wave of yoruba dominated Lagos media hype, same way another below average artist like Seyi Vibez always get hyped- yet na only yoruba street touts dey listen to his Afro-incantation incoherent rubbish.

Wizkid was actually announced to the world by the P square brothers when he was coming into the game, Davido's manager (Asa Asika) na Igbo boy, same with Olamide's manager,one of Davido's biggest hit song "IF" was written and directed by Tekno an Igbo boy...see the pattern? There was always an Igbo involved in the success of yoruba successful musicians today.

Egbon, I'll rather sit-at-home in my own land eating Nkwobi and chilling with my family on Monday after making all my money for the week rather than suffer the indelible stigma of one EMIR instructing me to cancel a cultural festival on my own land. At least Owo in Ondo state where over 50 people were massacred during Sunday service didn't happen in the SE last time I checked! cheesy

Let me educate you kid! First, I don't live in SW but your submission show you're still living in trenches.
In movie industry, Yorubas is still leading.
Stay calm and check top 100 movies of ATB like, Wedding party, Figurine, 30 days in Atlanta, October 1, The CEO, Omo getho, Alakada, Prophetess, Buka on the street, Ayinla, Phone Swap, King of boys, Gang of Lagos etc. Just think about any solid movies and the slangs that comes out of it. They all mostly produced by Yorubas. You literally have forgotten that Nollywood English is a bit divided, The Classic and the normal. YORUBAS ARE IN CONTROL OF THE CLASSIC while Other tribes like (The Asabahood) are in control of Normal. The movie like 'A king is running after his maid. The title alone don explain the entire movie 😂😂😂

Even in Tech, Give it to Yorubas; FCMB founder, GTB, even FBN CEO etc. are all Yorubas. Just like in internet space; Nairaland, Naijaloaded, Flutterwave, Paystack etc. so talking about their commercial is not just because they are controlling this space but because they are naturally blessed.
An average Yoruba Man don't cry on the internet like una. Give an average Igbo man 100M nah to dey disrespect everyone and Living above his means. But give the same money to a Yoruba or an Hausa Man, you won't know say he get shinshin. Proudness no dey their body. You can see how Olamide is lifting up others without shouting over it.
Maybe that's why we are yet to see any Igbo man in the Forbes list of world billionaire.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English by forgiveness: 11:09am On Jul 12, 2023
Very good. The colonial master brainwashed us to believe our indigenous languages are inferior to theirs.

If I have my way, I will change Nigeria language from English to our indigenous languages.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update / See Question APC Asked Nigerians Before They Took Over(photo) / Kenneth Okonkwo: If South-East Don't Vote Buhari, They Will Be In Wilderness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.