Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (59497 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by jconsulting(f): 7:28am On Jul 13, 2023
RTID:
Remember she is giving to God
God is looking at the heart

Don't be discouraged
Continuing paying your tithes

Life nah Give and Take

We are trusting God for something

My Question is, before the advent of these plenty pentecostal churches even before all these pentecostal pastors are born are people not making heaven. Reading Bible and have understanding yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by TrustedLawyer: 7:30am On Jul 13, 2023
Like you mentioned yourself, I have carefully observed since I was a teenager, that when people become fanatical about religion, it is as a result of some kind of mental disorder.

We were living in the staff quarters somewhere in the then Benue state, back in the late 80's and a particular woman was so fanatical. She wouldn't eat food from anyone, always fasting and praying in tongues. By early 90's the situation had turned into serious mental illness that she had to be held by chains.

I have seen several of such cases ever since, because I observe very well. The truth is, every normal/sane human being knows the limit to everything or employs moderation in their actions.

Don't be alarmed. Work together as a family and get her medical/psychological help in form of serious counselling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by donhils: 7:30am On Jul 13, 2023
This is funny but I know a woman just this
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by pikechukwu6(m): 7:31am On Jul 13, 2023
This is similar to the problem am having with my wife.... One useless pastor that make prayers on Facebook every week days.... Monday till Friday...starting from 7am till 9:30am. My wife keep listening to this pastor every morning leaving everything she supposed to do as a woman in the house.

Please how can a sane person wake up from sleep and remain praying with a pastor online, forgetting to move out and look for what to eat? I open a shop for her but she open her shop by 10am or 11am something 12pm.

seriously am tired.

I really need advice.

5 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by visaclick: 7:32am On Jul 13, 2023
Heroicvic:
We are in these together brother
I was arguing with my mum this morning coz I made her realize that prayer doesn't bring wealth and it's the government that brought the idea... (they print out money from thin air)

In one word, I was partially or temporarily disowned as of the time of writing this report

If una fit adopt me for two weeks please dm 😭
same thing am facing with my wife now. How can i be bursting my ass working daily to give the family comfort meanwhile she has a tithe cheque book? Pastors have opened office on her head.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by MightySparrow: 7:32am On Jul 13, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
If you're an African and you're a Christian, you're NOTHING but a European/Jewish slave.

African and Muslim.....?
African and Buddist.....?
African and Ogun worshipper....?

grin
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by blesoh(f): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2023
But my neighbour who is a Catholic is more spiritual than I am,in fact she suspects even her husband and goes to church than me in the RCCG, so it's a personal thing not necessarily church
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Prolificgiant(m): 7:35am On Jul 13, 2023
She just proved to you she doesn't need the money you send to her keep your money to yourself
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Urch001: 7:39am On Jul 13, 2023
She is not mentally ill,just that she has been brainwashed. grin grin
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by oluwaseyi0: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I bet in Nigeria, the church business is bigger than even the prostitution industry. lipsrsealed

Far bigger, how many A-list prostitutes can buy private jets? Don't even compare them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Ynix(m): 7:44am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do

I understand you oh, but if you will get your mum back you will have to use same template. The problem is not religion but the players she is getting involved with and her unstable mind and if will solve it you will have to use the same religion tactics to free her mind.
Tell her you are now interested in the being committed to God and you want her to be your Bible Study partner. Spend at least a week with her on phone. If you are good with data gathering you can easily declutter her of all the messes in her head.

Also, reduce her upkeep and look for a grocery store to be making monthly delivery. You pay the grocery store and they make delivery to her.

Try these two for now
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by wildikeman(m): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned

Christ embassy... Chris Oyakhilome and co are stupid. What are you going to do about it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by wildikeman(m): 7:48am On Jul 13, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
If you're an African and you're a Christian, you're NOTHING but a European/Jewish slave.

And if you are a Muslim and you are an African or in fact a black person you are nothing but an Arabian Slave.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Umadam: 7:48am On Jul 13, 2023
98% of Nigerian pastors are marketers. Stop sending her money.
Always buy her food and other necessities of life, u will see those hustlers will stop putting her at front bench..

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Globad(f): 7:48am On Jul 13, 2023
LUAN:
Likely Reasons for her behavior:
She love the Lord
She is praying for the children
She is seeing the light
She want to go to heaven
She is afraid of hellfire
She is Brainwashed***
She is just been emotional for church

Nothing like mental issue as you state.

How did you come to the conclusion that there's no mental issue? Have you assessed her?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Obiorahpcfg: 7:49am On Jul 13, 2023
Her mentality will 100% change once you lure her to zion prayer movement outreach, Agoh okota Lagos. Most of my friends that left Catholic church has returned with full force after listening to Evang Ebuka Obi and having attended his deliverance session
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by biafranrealson: 7:50am On Jul 13, 2023
Stop sending her money .
Give to your father only.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by gaspology(m): 7:51am On Jul 13, 2023
I feel you bro...
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by SayNo2SmallPrik: 7:51am On Jul 13, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

What about Islamic and indigenous religion?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Johnsown1(m): 7:53am On Jul 13, 2023
Change her environment or I might be calling though
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by 1Dray(m): 7:59am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do

Your mum is churchy and you're are not happy? Would you rather she's witchy? You are lucky to have a churchy mum. Appreciate God for that. Some others have a witchy mother, and are rather battling for their lives and welfare.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by georgeakins: 7:59am On Jul 13, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
If only you know what her prayers is doing for you unseen, you won't come here to expose yourself and not her. Her prayers for you is what is keeping you young man. Learn to appreciate her and not criticize her. Good or bad she is still your beloved mum.

Forget that craps!
What of those who don't have mothers and are doing well financially?

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by zinaunreal(m): 8:06am On Jul 13, 2023
duro4chang:
She is doing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother

I hope your wife and mother gets scammed from all these spiritualists. By the time you hear that its the money you gave them that was used, then your eyes go clear

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ealtutu: 8:06am On Jul 13, 2023
Cut down her financial supply, that's the only way to save her, she is only useful to them cos she can provide financially to them pastors. Buy her food stuff and send little or less money act fast she's been Brainwashed. I'm talking from experience. And watch out the moment she stop bringing in cash to them the pastor will stop relating to her and nothing will happen to anyone.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ealtutu: 8:08am On Jul 13, 2023
[Exactly. quote author=georgeakins post=124389150]

Forget that craps!
What of those who don't have mothers and are doing well financially?[/quote]
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by YorubaPrince: 8:08am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:

Maddd fellow! angry

Christ Embassy ko, Satan Consulate ni... angry

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by loliapoopy2013(f): 8:09am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:

Ok boy! See rage from a so-called follower of Christ, be calming down. The son just started one if the churches she visits.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by zakkxx: 8:10am On Jul 13, 2023
Allow your mom to worship God, she is on her way to her Father in heaven. She will pray for you more no worry. But, Christ Embassy God no de their na just partnerships brain washing. And first fruit but she fit manage living faith and mountain of fire. If your mama de Lagos let her go to “Bride Assembly Ijesha” na only righteousness and holiness them de preach or if in Delta “Jesus Christ Temple ministry warri by pastor Amos check them out on YouTube and buy decoder for your mother you will not regret it. She can worship God from home.
Serving God is not bad, na wrong church bad.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by eenai(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2023
You think your mother has a mental disorder because she is attending churches. OK Ooh.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by kelly72: 8:10am On Jul 13, 2023
Stop sending her money for 6 months, just give someone the money to buy her monthly bulk foodstuff and some change for her pocket.

3 months into this, no one from "church" will call her again.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by jaxxy(m): 8:11am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

Religion can be Bondage bt God isn't Bondage.

Religion seeks to control u bt God seeks to liberate u.

Religion doesnt want to u think or ask questions just follow instructions.

I have never been a fan of Religion because I questions everything.

Ur mum is seeking God bt not understanding the truth

Pentecostal or Catholic isn't the problem here. it's how people practice it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Modele Fatoyinbo: "My Husband Cannot Rape Anyone" - COZA Pastor's Wife / T.B. Joshua Predicts Who Will Win US Presidential Election... See Details / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.