Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (59632 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Pat081: 5:43am On Jul 13, 2023
CJStarz:
I think this post is just to troll churches. By the way, there's no way your mum can be a full-time member of two churches, Winners and Christ Embassy, at the same time.
You are right and wrong winners in my area here use to do English services by 7 am and lgbo service by 10 am too I know nothing about Christ Embassy church service

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by FireUpNow(m): 5:47am On Jul 13, 2023
Divisions amongst christians is a very big problem. Catholic , mountain of fire, redeemed, he, apostolic etc are all in disarray. The worst part is that they all use the holy bible. Is this what Jesus Christ preached while on earth?

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by denko(m): 5:48am On Jul 13, 2023
If she really donates those monies to churches. Please leave her alone she has chosen her path and please dont stop sending her money because of that. SHE COVERS YOU FROM UNCERTAINTY BELIEVE ME.
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Pat081: 5:50am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such a manner. Be warned
see the people who we are talking about here so if the Op is not far from you you will call God to kill him /her abi? Why do you people in that church always carry your church for head same with one here too but they use other churches like evil ones

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by biggz82: 5:50am On Jul 13, 2023
This is because your mum does not read the Bible herself it's the pastor's that do the reading for her.

The only remedy to this situation is for her to learn to read the Bible herself then she will understand that those pastor's reading are manipulating what the Bible say.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by harmargedon: 5:51am On Jul 13, 2023
Candidlady:
Iam thinking your mum needs deliverance from a father in catholic church to deliver her from attending redeem/winners/MOF....

Religion is very funny ithink it is Christianity that makes religion very hilarious

A so called christian trying to deliver another christain from being a Christian who attends another denomination

Very laughable

---ishould really pipe down on these angel dust----
😂😂😂😂 they believe they are serving different gods, but fighting the Same Devil.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by denko(m): 5:53am On Jul 13, 2023
YOU WILL BE PROUD OF HER WHEN SHE IS GONE.
SultanOfPuna:
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 5:56am On Jul 13, 2023
denko:
If she really donates those monies to churches. Please leave her alone she has chosen her path and please dont stop sending her money because of that. SHE COVERS YOU FROM UNCERTAINTY BELIEVE ME.
How does she do that which you claim? By giving away her son's hard earned money to line the pockets of a babalawo cum pastor? undecided

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Pat081: 5:59am On Jul 13, 2023
ufotty2001:
Na so them brainwashed my elder sister ooohh!! She refused to think about herself anymore except church. Her own is even worst to a point that she believe that our family has spiritual problems.. she now believe that there is something wrong with each and everyone of us spiritually
lol that is the work of the Pastor they will let you see other churches like evil ones

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by TheSuperX(m): 5:59am On Jul 13, 2023
Battlefield2:
She is not mad
She is just a typical african mum
Brainwashed!
You need the special intervention of God to heal her
She's gone..... forget about it
Iya e ti lor
Exactly,,she has been brainwashed and to get her senses will be a big task, you guys shouldn't give up on her yet.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by dettolgel: 6:01am On Jul 13, 2023
duro4chang:
She is doing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother

She can still pray for them without jumping from church to church or going there every day and God will still hear her and bless her family?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Scamwatcher: 6:03am On Jul 13, 2023
It's what it is. That's her path, just let her be
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Pat081: 6:03am On Jul 13, 2023
FireUpNow:
Divisions amongst christians is a very big problem. Catholic , mountain of fire, redeemed, he, apostolic etc are all in disarray. The worst part is that they all use the holy bible. Is this what Jesus Christ preached while on earth?
all those pastors will let you see Catholic Church like devil Church and see their own church like the only way to God
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Jul 13, 2023
dettolgel:
â–  She can still pray for them without jumping from church to church or going there every day and God will still hear her and bless her family?
Which God? God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; your prayers, praises, offerings/vows, good works, etc., are tainted by your sins and are filthy abomination to God Meaning that if you are not first righteous, all your prayers, your offerings, your petitions, your praises, etc., never reach God. So, where you people get say your many churchian prayers bless your families? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by elvispzle: 6:05am On Jul 13, 2023
will you keep quiet which right thing she needs to fre herself from mental slavery =duro4chang post=124383831]She is crydoing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother[/quote]
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 6:07am On Jul 13, 2023
Scamwatcher:
â–  It's what it is. That's her path, just let her be
Would you have said the same thing if OP had said his mother was instead entangled with Babalawos? undecided

It is Ok if she is a mental slave to your pastors and mogs, right but is it equally Ok if she were instead a slave to babalawos? undecided

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by dealslip(f): 6:10am On Jul 13, 2023
obinna58:
Na fickle minded gender, they’re easily deceived, infact the more successful her children becomes the more churchy she becomes because she’ll feel or they’ll tell her it’s her prayers working

Religion is doom

Your mother is fickle minded and easily deceived by your submission that his mum is the fickle minded and easily deceived gender. I believe you know her intentions are genuine just misguided about spirituality.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Slurity(m): 6:11am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

If your mum is not complaining, then you need to tell us what really is your concern? I have observed that the main concern here is not that she spen money on religious things, it is because she left Catholic. If you really love her, support her and not fight her, Catholic always behave as if other denominations are fake, whereas reverse is the case judge by many factors.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Scamwatcher: 6:12am On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Would you have said the same thing if OP had said his mother was instead entangled with Babalawos? undecided
Same thing. Most times our parents see things differently from how we see them.
When they grow old, they tend to move more closer to God and find means to protect their children.
Even if it's Babalawo,so far she doesn't go with ritual that involves human being, I'm cool with it.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 6:17am On Jul 13, 2023
Scamwatcher:
â–  Same thing. Most times our parents see things different from how we see them. When they grow old, they tend to move more closer to God and find means to protect their children.
â–  Even if it's Babalawo,so far she doesn't go with ritual that involves human being, I'm cool with it.
1. Lol.... move closer to which God? God tell you say Him give you or anyone religion which happens to be what older generation Nigerians blindly adopt? undecided

God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; your prayers, praises, offerings/vows, good works, etc., are tainted by your sins and are filthy abomination to God Meaning that if you are not first righteous, all your prayers, your offerings, your petitions, your praises, etc., never reach God. Na your pastors and mogs all of una dey worship for there. undecided

2. So make she no do babalawo ritual but make she do church rituals-- tithes, offerings, seed sowing, prayer, fasting, praises, etc.? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kay25(m): 6:22am On Jul 13, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Nonsense. The logical explanation is that the gods of men (sorry pastors) are milking her of her money.
If they are milking ur mother it's because she knows no God by herself and then you too know not God cos u should have pointed the way to her...so it all comes on both of u to personally seek for a relationship with God
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Scamwatcher: 6:27am On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Lol.... move closer to which God? God tell you say Him give you or anyone religion which happens to be what older generation Nigerians blindly adopt? undecided

God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; your prayers, praises, offerings/vows, good works, etc., are tainted by your sins and are filthy abomination to God Meaning that if you are not first righteous, all your prayers, your offerings, your petitions, your praises, etc., never reach God. Na your pastors and mogs all of una dey worship for there. undecided

2. So make she no do babalawo ritual but make she do church rituals-- tithes, offerings, seed sowing, prayer, fasting, praises, etc.? undecided
First, who determines how righteous a person is? You? Because I don't know how you determined how righteous the person is even without seeing them or know them.

Secondly, if you read that line very well, I said rituals that involves human beings,so why are you relating fasting, prayers givings to rituals that involve human beings..
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by alobright17(m): 6:28am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned
Be warned or what? No be the same yeye confused Chris your GO that said 5g is this and that? The one that can't keep his wife.

Imagine a brainwashed church goer like you threathing someone for mentioning your yeye church.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by highoctane: 6:30am On Jul 13, 2023
You painted Roman Catholic Church in good light concerning your Mom.
If start about my Mom who is still practicing church of Rome, hiaagh! You will fast for 40 days and 40 nights.
Practically there re no obvious difference just a little shade of paint ( Interior decoration) between the Pentecostals ( I wonder how Pentecostal they are) and the Church of Rome.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 6:31am On Jul 13, 2023
Scamwatcher:
â–  First, who determines how righteous a person is? You? Because I don't know how you determined how righteous the person is even without seeing them or know them.
â–  Secondly, if you read that line very well, I said rituals that involves human beings,so why are you relating fasting, prayers givings to rituals that involve human beings...
1. God is the only one who can approve a man as righteous and this only after the man has proven himself worthy by way of Holiness --- absolute adoption of God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God. According to God's Law, anyone who submits self to the doctrines and traditions of men (pastors and mogs included) is against God --- sin. Surely, you understand that it is impossible to be against God and for God at the same time.. undecided

2. Religious rituals are religious rituals to me. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by alobright17(m): 6:32am On Jul 13, 2023
PepeXKermit:

If you mama dey jump from church to church, na bcs of pikins like you she dey find solution. You are a useless child.
Useless children like you doesn't send money to their parents.

So in actual sense you're the useless one here not the OP
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by duro4chang(m): 6:32am On Jul 13, 2023
elvispzle:
will you keep quiet which right thing she needs to fre herself from mental slavery =duro4chang post=124383831]She is crydoing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother
You are ignorant of many things. Go and sit down
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by odiinsgrace(m): 6:32am On Jul 13, 2023
She saw what you will never see...this is the same way I complained about my mum giving too many donations in her chc while I hardly hv any money on me while growing up....But today I realise why she did them,she stored a wealth for her self we're moth or rust won't eat them...I go to different church's today ,giving donations anonymously without been asked because how God blessed me and made me live in abundance is still a miracle I cant explain today and I feel God blessed me for my mums sake...e no pass like dat because no be say I too smart or wise to meet the connections that blessed my life.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Olichoke: 6:33am On Jul 13, 2023
This is a pure lie. You're only looking for worthless attention on Nairaland. Try this nonsense with Islam and smell your ass.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by duro4chang(m): 6:34am On Jul 13, 2023
lexy2014:

The churches he mentioned that she attends aren't the "praying" type of churches.

By the way, did John Wesleys mother attend winners or Christ embassy?
I understand your first statement but your second statement is a trash. Were those churches available when the woman was alive?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by duro4chang(m): 6:35am On Jul 13, 2023
OdogwuToks:

Please stop this crap
I cannot see black and call it white

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Modele Fatoyinbo Dragged For Defending Her Husband Pastor Fatoyinbo Against Rape / Reverend Father Burnt In Anambra In Lover’s House Flown Abroad (photo) / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.