Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (59920 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 6:35am On Jul 13, 2023
odiinsgrace:
■ She saw what you will never see...this is the same way I complained about my mum giving too many donations in her chc while I hardly hv any money on me while growing up....But today I realise why she did them,she stored a wealth for her self we're moth or rust won't eat them...I go to different church's giving donations anonymously without been asked because how God blessed me and made me live in abundance is still a miracle I cant explain.
God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; your prayers, praises, offerings/vows/tithes/seed sowing, good works, etc., are tainted by your sins and are filthy abomination to God Meaning that if you are not first righteous, all your prayers, your offerings, your petitions, your praises, etc., never reach God. If God can't touch anything you offer, how can it be said that your mom stored up this wealth of hers with God? lipsrsealed
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Brushstrokes20: 6:38am On Jul 13, 2023
I've personally been there done that, but I came back to my senses on time!
Most of these god of men are self serving scammers!

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by myonlinenaija: 6:38am On Jul 13, 2023
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ebenholer2(m): 6:41am On Jul 13, 2023
As far as I am concerned you have not pointed out something in particular that seems wrong with her...is it spending u are referring to? Well let me tell you if u still love her and u want her still existing let her continually do makes her happy, even to go to any church or places of her choices.
You cant force her to be dogmatic thereby believing Catholicism only can only make her heavenly-conscious and rapturous. So leave her to operate in her lane.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
Organised religion including Catholicism which you practice can mess with the mind.I am sure you know Catholics that cannot sleep without the rosary under their pillow as if it is a charm or kiss the statue of Mary.

It sounds to me like she is looking for something and it evades her could be peace of mind or the concept of heaven it is an endless list.

She is an adult and there is not much you can do to “save” her.Maybe send less money and buy more of the things she needs yourself like foodstuff/toiletries all though she might still contribute them to the church.
Let her be as time always tells.
Salem!.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by CoolAmbience(m): 6:43am On Jul 13, 2023
Candidlady:
Iam thinking your mum needs deliverance from a father in catholic church to deliver her from attending redeem/winners/MOF....

Religion is very funny ithink it is Christianity that makes religion very hilarious

A so called christian trying to deliver another christain from being a Christian who attends another denomination

Very laughable

---ishould really pipe down on these angel dust----

Christianity and christians make me laugh often.

You will see a Christian from one denomination saying 'God forbid' to the possibility of ever attending another denomination, upon invitation from another Christian. Rivalry and wickedness everywhere!

You see, wives especially, not talking to, greeting or even cooking for their husbands, for weeks if not months, but carrying big Bibles and spending long hours in Church.

You see married Christian men always outside their homes, chasing after small small girls, including pastors.

The matter be as e get o.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Godsonkemz(m): 6:43am On Jul 13, 2023
How could you say that your mum has a mental disorder because the light of God was revealed to her and she has realized that catholic involves idol worshipping and reverence of images. Teachings and principles that doesn't conform or backed up by the scriptures as written by KJV which is unadulterated such as purgatory and praying to saints.. If she switches from Christ embassy to winners or even mountain of fire there's no problem hence their teachings conform with the scriptures.
May God reveal to you and the rest of the family what he revealed to your mum.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by slowice(m): 6:43am On Jul 13, 2023
At least she didn't join witchcraft people is church that she joined... It's ok
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by odiinsgrace(m): 6:44am On Jul 13, 2023
Everything we do have a reward...God will never turn a blind eye on someone who supports and propagates His kingdom on earth.Why do you think most religions give arms and gifts? Giving has a strong spiritual significance when you give right and one's sin can never cancel it u cn only get purnished for ur sins not the sin stop Gods blessing when you support His kingdom work. I want you to Try this an thank me later
Share halve of what you have and go give it to the sick in hospital
Go to a pastor too or a ch and gift them money to support their project
If God doesn't come through for u call me a bastard because those are the things I did during my NYSC and the rest of how I got my blessings was story
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by SaintLucia: 6:46am On Jul 13, 2023
Wahala be like Lord Chosen Church, dem no dey encourage their women and men to marry. Na so so widow and widower full the church who goes around in the early morning 5:00am, afternoon at various bus stop and evening constituting nuisance in the name of evangelism.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by gwinaB(m): 6:46am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned

But that's the only church between the two mentioned that pastors will call you to come for a church program.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ebenholer2(m): 6:50am On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; your prayers, praises, offerings/vows/tithes/seed sowing, good works, etc., are tainted by your sins and are filthy abomination to God Meaning that if you are not first righteous, all your prayers, your offerings, your petitions, your praises, etc., never reach God. If God can't touch anything you offer, how can it be said that your mom stored up this wealth of hers with God? lipsrsealed
Well for a better clarification...the offerings God dislikes are the offerings of sinners who remains in sin unrepentantly. Even if u are a sinner and you come to God with a broken heart acknowledging ur sins before him and then presenting ur offerings to him, u are then declared righteous and offering acceptable.
We shouldn't allow misinterpretation of God's word to make us stingy in giving to him.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by forexprophet(m): 6:51am On Jul 13, 2023
It's a lie. You are just exergerrating to cover up your deep hatred for pentecostals pastor as it is always with a typical Catholic.

The money your entire generation will ever make will not be able to fund one small branch of winners or Christ embassy.

Imagine the arrogance. That pastors are always calling her blablabla...... " I send her money and she gave it to church blablabla..... HOW MUCH YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY GET? ...... tell us the chicken change you usually send to her?.....may be na 3k sef.....and you are making all this noise...... If you open your mouth again.....hmmm

YOU ARE AN IDIOT

SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Workch: 6:52am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
Na werey church be that church. The kind soap wey Chris dey take wash una head no be here.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Mac2016(m): 6:52am On Jul 13, 2023
Battlefield2:
She is not mad
She is just a typical african mum
Brainwashed!
You need the special intervention of God to heal her
She's gone..... forget about it
Iya e ti lor
Nothing typical about this.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ebenholer2(m): 6:53am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
This is a dogmatism in display through ur reaction.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 6:55am On Jul 13, 2023
ebenholer2:
■ Well for a better clarification...the offerings God dislikes are the offerings of sinners who remains in sin unrepentantly. Even if u are a sinner and you come to God with a broken heart acknowledging ur sins before him and then presenting ur offerings to him, u are then declared righteous and offering acceptable.
We shouldn't allow misinterpretation of God's word to make us stingy in giving to him.
You are not paying attention to God at all. So long as you have sin, your offerings and prayers are an abomination to God. The only way to get rid of the sin problem is to attain holiness followed by God’s righteousness. And the only folks who can do that are those who are repented of their sins. God didn't say that as a repented who continues to carry a sin debt around, that He will answer you. He said your sin is the problem. It is for this reason that Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and God's Righteousness so that all these things shall be added to each of them. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Workch: 6:55am On Jul 13, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
If only you know what her prayers is doing for you unseen, you won't come here to expose yourself and not her. Her prayers for you is what is keeping you young man. Learn to appreciate her and not criticize her. Good or bad she is still your beloved mum.
keep quiet. Foooolllish person
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Hotice085: 6:58am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:

Thunder ⚡ fire useless Christ embassy

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by HRMK: 7:01am On Jul 13, 2023
dont you have a place where you live? simply take her with you for easy monitoring!goodluck!!
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Maryam1234(f): 7:02am On Jul 13, 2023
Here to read funny replys grin grin

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kentuforchrist(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:

Oga Christ embassy is the worst una sabi bill person lol
Everytime project

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by freejypon: 7:09am On Jul 13, 2023
If your mother see this post how we she feel

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by freejypon: 7:09am On Jul 13, 2023
Maryam1234:
Here to read funny replys grin grin
grin i tell you
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Enculer2: 7:12am On Jul 13, 2023
Black man and black brain
Slaves till the end to their enslavers' religion.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Desusi: 7:13am On Jul 13, 2023
titilo:
mine use to do same, until i stop sending her money even if she says shes hungry, her brother also stopped, until she realised the so called men of God were only coming to pray for her cause of money.

So stop sending her money simple. Its like ant n sugar
Don't mind this man,it appears he wants to stop your source of blessings.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by rottennaija(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:

The flying monkey

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Timoleon(m): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2023
Is she married?
PaulH07:

I hope they haven't started sleeping with her sha?

Women, na to just manage them, my own sister too, gonna be 43 next month, but also church all the time, get has the most terrible behavior on earth.

I'm beginning to see her as a fool at 40 already, a fool forever.

She's a lost cause.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Quebec91(m): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2023
undecided🙄😒 another brainwashed spotted
IconicR:

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by bekpo(m): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2023
Can u pls mentioned just one of those things ur mother benefited frm being a Catholic since she has been attending same at birth! Where u not sending ur mum money when she was at Catholic church? Was Catholic church paying her while she was their member? Was she not paying tithe and offerings and contributions in Catholic church while she was their member? U people should just stop 2 b sentimental. Leave that woman alone.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ubola: 7:20am On Jul 13, 2023
Talk to her in a kind manner to accept just one of those denominations and settle. Don't stop her from her services to God. She might be sowing seeds for your future well-being. She's not mad, there's deep conviction somewhere.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Heroicvic(m): 7:24am On Jul 13, 2023
Deepspirituals:
. You mean that it's The Government that brought the idea that Prayer doesn't bring Wealth ...? Read What you typed above .

Secondly ,A Jobless Man with all the Academic Qualifications,For 10 years now he has been looking for a good Paying Job ,He couldn't get any ,They Turned him down ,He Became Frustrated and settle down for a 25k Teaching job .

Later he decided to take up an Okada work ,the 25k job wasn't okay .

His Mother Asked him to Travel down ,She advised him to join her in a 3 days fasting and Prayers .

She told him..Son ,write Fresh Applications and send your CV to all those Places you did before ,send to different places too .

Son did ..Like a Magic ,He Got offers from 4 Multinationals Organisation.

He Works in one of them today ,He lives in Great Affluent now .

To make Wealth Sometimes you could get all it takes but you need a Spiritual step to Achieve it .

God does Make Wealth ..

A peep at your monicker send chill down my spine, talk to me na my mama send you come?

Its like you don't know how this life works ....
Keep praying 🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Joseph Kariuki: Catholic Priest Dies After Spending Night With Woman In A Hotel / 900-Year-Old Church Carved Downward Into A Huge Rock In Ethiopia (Photos) / God Approves Covenant University Fees & Strikes Critic With Mouth Odor - Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.