Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (59623 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by favour32(m): 3:56am On Jul 13, 2023
Who get nai dey donate.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by PepeXKermit: 3:57am On Jul 13, 2023
Buddha3:

There are words you don't use on people, especially when you're not provoked or incited.

Between God and man, if it's me you typed this nonsense to, over a personal issue I brought to the public to find a solution, and the best you can do is cruelly insult me, I go find you for this country and you must say those words to my face!

Send me ypur address, i will say ot to your face
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 3:58am On Jul 13, 2023
favour32:
Who get nai dey donate.
You mean all those poor folks wey dey donate offerings, vows, etc. , get to give? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by omalicha2: 4:03am On Jul 13, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
If only you know what her prayers is doing for you unseen, you won't come here to expose yourself and not her. Her prayers for you is what is keeping you young man. Learn to appreciate her and not criticize her. Good or bad she is still your beloved mum.
So all the people that are not praying have all died. Have you heard that Lazarus Muokas(chosen 2nd wife is dead?)
God blesses those whom he chose to. The only thing in life is live and upright life.Be kind, do good. Who go die go die
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:03am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do

At least na her money she is donating! She really do not own you anything .you are all grown and it is her life. Very soon she may left you and leave forever .you must continue with yours.how person send the second half of their life is up to them
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by emonkey(m): 4:04am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do

Where would you prefer, she spend her time? Owambe parties?
What would you prefer she spend money on? Wine and perfume and shoes?
You are the reverse situation of the parent who wants to live out their child's life for the child by monitoring the child's activities and picking faults. You are attempting to live out your mother's life for her by monitoring her activities and picking faults. What a shame.
I am a parent and I know how much I worry about my children every day. I have two choices - I can keep worrying or I can go somewhere to pray for them. I wish I had more time to do the latter. If you feel pastors calling her to on program or the other is a mental disorder, I am afraid you are the one that need a psychiatrist. You apparently prefer to have your mother sit at home all day like the furniture, unappreciated, depreciating and unloved, watching the rest of her life slowly, sadly and painfully tick away.
Your own time will eventually come.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by October1960: 4:04am On Jul 13, 2023
Religion is one of the MAIN reasons the country keeps going backward. Too many people waste time praying and dancing and jumping up and down in church rather than learning modern science and technology to advance the nation. The same ignorance and superstition of believing in juju you see in Nollywood movies exist in believing in religion and the so-called higher power that does not exist.

Nations that don't take religion so seriously are inventing planes, smartphones, TV, modern medicines, etc. to come and help the foolish people in developing third-world countries praying for solutions.

Those churches are just milking the gullible. Just a con business promising something that does not exist. They keep praying for a good government and each subsequent government is worse with same thieves stealing even more.

4 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by favour32(m): 4:05am On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You mean all those poor folks wey dey donate offerings, vows, etc. , get to give? undecided
Yes!
Dem get!
If sapa wire dem,their brains go reset to default.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by sucess001(m): 4:11am On Jul 13, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
If you're an African and you're a Christian, you're NOTHING but a European/Jewish slave.

Evidence of end times. People's souls taken over by evil and speaking carelessly about God
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by tollyboy5(m): 4:12am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

christ embassy might drain her money, she should normalize winners chapel or better still become a prayer warrior in mountain of fire. She wont have cause to spend more in MFM.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 4:14am On Jul 13, 2023
omalicha2:
■ So all the people that are not praying have all died. Have you heard that Lazarus Muokas(chosen 2nd wife is dead?)
God blesses those whom he chose to. The only thing in life is live and upright life.Be kind, do good. Who go die go die
Out of curiosity, what happened to his first wife? undecided

2. God's blessings exists only for those who are Holy and approved Righteous by God. This is why Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and God's Righteousness in order that all these things-- the blessings and rewards of God's Kingdom--- shall be added onto each. undecided

No unrighteous man can boast of God's blessings in Jesus Christ . Rather. God pours out His favor/mercy daily on all unrighteous--- churchians included --- and even on the wicked and the ungrateful. So what church goers claim God gives to them, God also gives freely to the unbelievers who don't even know Him or His name. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 4:17am On Jul 13, 2023
MondayOsunbor:
■ At least na her money she is donating! She really do not own you anything .you are all grown and it is her life. Very soon she may left you and leave forever .you must continue with yours.how person send the second half of their life is up to them
So because she may leave them forever, it is OK for her to waste limited resource in the manner that she does? undecided

Nigerians ehn! This is 2023 for crying out loud! undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Jul 13, 2023
emonkey:
Where would you prefer, she spend her time? Owambe parties? What would you prefer she spend money on? Wine and perfume and shoes?
You are the reverse situation of the parent who wants to live out their child's life for the child by monitoring the child's activities and picking faults. You are attempting to live out your mother's life for her by monitoring her activities and picking faults. What a shame.
■ I am a parent and I know how much I worry about my children every day. I have two choices - I can keep worrying or I can go somewhere to pray for them. I wish I had more time to do the latter. If you feel pastors calling her to on program or the other is a mental disorder, I am afraid you are the one that need a psychiatrist. You apparently prefer to have your mother sit at home all day like the furniture, unappreciated, depreciating and unloved, watching the rest of her life slowly, sadly and painfully tick away.
Your own time will eventually come.
1. So given that the world is going through a recession and she not an earner, from the story, the idea of her saving that money for her children's inheritance or at least her grandkids is completely out of the question? Or even her choosing to give the money to those truly in need is completely not an option , abi? undecided

2. undecided

○ And what do these prayers of yours do for you or your kids? What is the true worth of these your prayers?

○ Are you somehow convinced that your praying makes you better than a prayerless parent who resorts instead to saving every penny in order to have an inheritance stashed away for her kids? undecided

○ Are you somehow convinced that you bribe God into answering your prayers ---the same God who said He does not answer the prayers( not accept praises, offerings, tithes, petitions, good works, etc., ) of the unrighteous because they are an abomination to Him because he their sins ? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by emonkey(m): 4:38am On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So given that the world is going through a recession and she not an earner, from the story, the idea of her saving that money for her children's inheritance or at least her grandkids is completely out of the question? Or even her choosing to give the money to those truly in need is completely not an option , abi? undecided

2. ○ And what do these prayers of yours do for you or your kids?

○ Are you somehow convinced that your praying make you better than a prayerless parent who resorts instead to saving every penny in order to have an inheritance stashed away for her kids?

For all matters in this life, there is a choice. Follow yours. If I prefer to give everything in my will to a church or other institution, it is the choice that will make me die happy and fulfilled.
If I prefer to pray so that I do not use the same hours to worry, it is my choice. If it makes my life happier to live it is a wise choice for me even if it looks silly to you.
If it gives you greater joy to save your money instead of giving it away to make people around you happy, by all means embrace the choice.
A family I know began to kill each other because of property left to them by their father. Another sold the house left by their father and shared the money. One of them cannot till today point to anything he bought with his share . It was like it vanished away like smoke. That is what inheritances are like. Money not earned will never stay. It is come easy go easy.
Enjoy your choices. Peace.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ogedanny: 4:44am On Jul 13, 2023
You are funny!

If only you understand the power of a praying mum....

Coming here to expose your mum makes you brainless and senseless.

What you have done is to call her and help her find a good church by teaching her the Word of God.

You are here talking Bullshit calling names of Church, your mama dey insure you, you know know.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Aarenasbaba(m): 4:45am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned
A typical African guy

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Jul 13, 2023
emonkey:
■ For all matters in this life, there is a choice. Follow yours. If I prefer to give everything in my will to a church or other institution, it is the choice that will make me die happy and fulfilled.
■ If I prefer to pray so that I do not use the same hours to worry, it is my choice. If it makes my life happier to live it is a wise choice for me even if it looks silly to you.
■ If it gives you greater joy to save your money instead of giving it away to make people around you happy, by all means embrace the choice.
A family I know began to kill each other because of property left to them by their father. Another sold the house left by their father and shared the money. One of them cannot till today point to anything he bought with his share . It was like it vanished away like smoke. That is what inheritances are like. Money not earned will never stay. It is come easy go easy. Enjoy your choices. Peace.
1. If you had bothered to read the OP, you would have gotten from it that this is a case of a dependent unwisely using limited funds from her son. This is not her own hard-earned money that she is spending here hence the reason why her son is complaining, and rightly too. If he decided to cut her off completely, I bet you would be one of the first to try to blackmail him. lipsrsealed

2. Here's the thing though. The God you lot claim to pray to says He absolutely does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. According to Him, the prayers, praises, giving/offerings/tithes, petitions, "good" works, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and hence an unacceptable abomination to Him. So, your prayers are never in fact answered by God. This means your praying rituals are no more effective than say a humming session. That you pretend it makes your lives happier is one thing but let's not here pretend you are being real. grin

3. Giving it to people who have greater need of it ain't necessarily about greater joy as it may simply just be more about choosing not to be wasteful. You churchians give your pastors your money and they in turn use it to franchise their businesses and income sources, all to the glory of their kingdoms here on earth. I guess if using your sweat to profit another man's legacy here on earth is what gives you joy, I say more grease to your elbow then. undecided

4. Interesting story! I bet your pastor who you keep giving all your money to would not be deterred by such a story when it comes to his leaving an inheritance for his own kids. I remember reading somewhere — Pandora files, I think — that Bishop Oyedepo had money stashed away in a tax-free haven somewhere in some foreign countries for his kids. These so-called pastors and mogs saddle their gullible followers with ridiculous stories such as the one you spewed there in order to deter them from paying serious mind to their duty as parents, while they, our greedy gods of men, continue to stash as much away as they can for their hay days and even for their kids to continue their legacy. Sad isn't it? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 4:56am On Jul 13, 2023
ogedanny:
You are funny! If only you understand the power of a praying mum....Coming here to expose your mum makes you brainless and senseless.What you have done is to call her and help her find a good church by teaching her the Word of God. You are here talking Bullshit calling names of Church, your mama dey insure you, you know know.
Here's the thing though. The God you lot claim to pray to says He absolutely does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. According to Him, the prayers, praises, giving/offerings/tithes, petitions, "good" works, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and hence an unacceptable abomination to Him. So, your prayers are never in fact answered by God. This means your praying rituals are no more effective than say a humming session. So, what exactly is this "power of praying mum" you claim there? What exactly is the essence of the ritual? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by OndoRaph(m): 5:09am On Jul 13, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
If you're an African and you're a Christian, you're NOTHING but a European/Jewish slave.

How about Islam
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Yemoad: 5:10am On Jul 13, 2023
Your mom wants the best to please God,and she's doing it not for her self alone but for you all,
Will you have love it if she has join Witches And Wizards
And begin to donate you or your glory to her group, you better thank God that she followed the right way,
God expect you too to raise your family in the way of God, God bless you
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 13, 2023
Religion enrich the pastors, ministers and their family.
The sheep are 🧠 brainwash.
Pastor's prayer do not bring blessing for anyone.
Prosperity come from God alone. Follow the principle of prosperity, the fear of God which is the beginning of wisdom, hard work, frugality, invest for tomorrow,perseverance, endurance, steadfastness and watch your investment grow 🪴 like a mustard seed that ultimately turn into a giant tree.
This same principle govern the pathway to financial freedom.
Pastors are scammers.
Believe in God, worship God , praise God and acknowledge his kindness and favour in life.
God will reveal things to come 2u.
I conclude long ago, any family member/s that transfer my wealth to these scammers will not get more.
I once told a brainwashed family member in December 2022, not to give monetary gift from me to any church or pastor, She respond in the affirmative "Do you know if it was because we donate part of the money for pastors and churches that made God to be blessing you?
Fast and forward, I stopped the N100,000 monthly freewill gift and invest same in NGX, I can tell you, all thanks to God, the investment has grown beyond my imagination.
My networth is growing.
Pastors are scammers. They collect from the poor and tell them to build treasure in heaven while they build theirs on Earth 🌍, building mansions, buying private jets, impoverish the poor daily.
Wisdom can set people on the path to financial freedom.
Come to think about it, they pray and fasted that their God should kill Tinubu, they prophesy that Tinubu would not be sworn in, he would die before 29th May 2023, this is the way of men. God renewed and redeemed the health and wellbeing of Tinubu.
The nay sayers are surprised.
Tinubu is fixing Nigeria, some are busy complaining, some are busy accumulating generational wealth on NGX.
It is left for individual to seek God, ask for knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
This is the way to go.

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On Jul 13, 2023
Yemoad:
■ Your mom wants the best to please God,and she's doing it not for her self alone but for you all,
■ Will you have love it if she has join Witches And Wizards
■ And begin to donate you or your glory to her group,
■ you better thank God that she followed the right way, God expect you too to raise your family in the way of God, God bless you
Nonsense! God made it abundantly clear in Scripture that He absolutely does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. He explained that the prayers, praises, offerings/vows/tithes, petitions, seed sowing, "good" works, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and are hence an abomination to Him. So how does a person who is unrighteous please God by continuing to do exactly what God said He does not respond to? undecided

2. A witch that brings in result is better than a churchian who only serves to line the pockets of pastors and mogs abeg! undecided

3. Nonsense! Those are fables fed you by your lying pastors and mogs to keep you lot donating your glory and life earnings to them instead week after week. undecided

4. If you folks knew God even a smidgen, you would know He is far away from your pastors and mogs and their church businesses. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by chinwezdasilva: 5:16am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
who be this one , typical Nigerian , are you warning because he mention a church his mother attends
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ezegenigbonine: 5:25am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:

Hahaha.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by CJStarz: 5:26am On Jul 13, 2023
I think this post is just to troll churches. By the way, there's no way your mum can be a full time member of two churches, Winners and Christ Embassy,at the same time.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Sweetvie: 5:32am On Jul 13, 2023
Lol
You need to talk to your mum, she has a choice. As a Christ embassy member all we know is a life of giving. We believed we can never be broke.
That being said, nobody is going force ur money out of ur hand. Like me, i pay my tithes and offerings n movee. I no dey do pass myself. I only sponsor Rhapsody of realities if I feel like. Been to winners too, not so different. African mother put so much in religion and believe so much in pastors. Pastor wey get money pass you undecided how much I get ? Make i come still give pastor grin. Religion is one the reasons Nigeria is going backward. Talk to your mum, let her see reasons.

Cheers grin
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by MS247: 5:32am On Jul 13, 2023
Apart from the brainwashing to spend all her money.... There is nothing wrong in your mum involved in religious activities to occupy her

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Pat081: 5:35am On Jul 13, 2023
You are not ok for saying this did he tells you that they have a problem in the family God answers prayers in Catholic Church too so far you have faith in your God
PepeXKermit:

If you mama dey jump from church to church, na bcs of pikins like you she dey find a solution. You are a useless child.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by victorazy(m): 5:36am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

Do you know if her donation & tithe is what is keeping you alive. Read and see how power this is: Malachi 3:10-11....
I wish you know how powerful this is.

I once backslide & doubted tithe until when my wife went to her sch in Ekiti to collect her result, she just dashed to her sch lecturer who happens to be a pastor, na there the man told her that God warned that her husband has stopped paying tithe..... True story bro! I have to resume.

In my life I've not visited hospital, my children have not. My wife go born and stand an follow me home. I was ones involved in accident but I was only that came out unhurt. I've been kidnapped to be butchered but I was later asked to go home. I came to the with nothing but now I live in just 2bedroom with my own family feeding well and progressing.

You should be lucky you have a mother who that, who believes.
It may be awkward, she may be brainwashed (according to you) but God never take it for granted. smiley

Just like this generation is gone, fake pastors everywhere and the trust is gone because people lack the Holy Spirit to detect fake n true men of God.

YOUR GREATEST ENEMY IS THE MAN WHO TELLS YOU NOT TO INVOLVE IN GOD MONEY WISE.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by sotall(m): 5:42am On Jul 13, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
If only you know what her prayers is doing for you unseen, you won't come here to expose yourself and not her. Her prayers for you is what is keeping you young man. Learn to appreciate her and not criticize her. Good or bad she is still your beloved mum.
prayer doesn't do jerk.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by sotall(m): 5:42am On Jul 13, 2023
victorazy:

Do you know if her donation & tithe is what is keeping you alive. Read and see how power this is: Malachi 3:10-11....
I wish you know how powerful this is.

I once backslide & doubted tithe until when my wife went to her sch in Ekiti to collect her result, she just dashed to her sch lecturer who happens to be a pastor, na there the man told her that God warned that her husband has stopped paying tithe..... True story bro! I have to resume.

In my life I've not visited hospital, my children have not. My wife go born and stand an follow me home. I was ones involved in accident but I was only that came out unhurt. I've been kidnapped to be butchered but I was later asked to go home. I came to the with nothing but now I live in just 2bedroom with my own family feeding well and progressing.

You should be lucky you have a mother who that, who believes.
It may be awkward, she may be brainwashed (according to you) but God never take it for granted. smiley

Just like this generation is gone, fake pastors everywhere and the trust is gone because people lack the Holy Spirit to detect fake n true men of God.

YOUR GREATEST ENEMY IS THE MAN WHO TELLS YOU NOT TO INVOLVE IN GOD MONEY WISE.
Scam

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Reverend Father Burnt In Anambra In Lover’s House Flown Abroad (photo) / Modele Fatoyinbo Dragged For Defending Her Husband Pastor Fatoyinbo Against Rape / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.