Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (59566 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by NovusHomo(m): 1:11am On Jul 13, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Only wrong thing here is jumping from Church to Church. Let her remain in one & all will be fine.

No, from dik to dik. Church is just a camouflage. Sorry to tell you this.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Ewedegubbler: 1:28am On Jul 13, 2023
if I stop my mom from attending winners chapel wetin I gain.. I get money, my other brothers get and all my mom does is church church church. we love her for that and we no dey complain.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Beey(f): 1:35am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
Is your dad present? These preachers words are like opium.They’ll focus on certain parts of scriptures & be telling your mom how God will bless her when she gives her money to the church .They’ll give her false prophecies so that she can continue enriching the pastors with her money & gifts. I am a Pentecostal but I don’t subscribe to that nonsense & I don’t like drama churches where people fall. It’s very tough to change her mindset after that brainwash. What you need is someone she respects as a Spiritual authority to try study the Bible with her & show her that God doesn’t need her money before He can bless her. It’s difficult but she probably wasn’t reading the Bible much for herself & that’s why the new preachers were able to win her over. These are very dangerous times for those who do not study the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by banky222: 1:41am On Jul 13, 2023
Don't be surprised that all these church church and prayers is for you and your siblings .
I guess you need to spend time with her and approach the issue with love . 99% of her prayer point is about you and your siblings.

The more you get angry the more she's going to 'fire prayers ' so the 'devil' wont steal you from her .
..Emm.. she nor dey follow pastor Jerry? That is the wahala in my house .
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 1:50am On Jul 13, 2023
banky222:
Don't be surprised that all these church church and prayers is for you and your siblings . I guess you need to spend time with her and approach the issue with love . 99% of her prayer point is about you and your siblings.

The more you get angry the more she's going to 'fire prayers ' so the 'devil' wont steal you from her .
..Emm.. she nor dey follow pastor Jerry? That is the wahala in my house .
Let's assume for the sake of argument that prayers said by these people are effective, if dem stay home dey pray the same prayers without spending even a dime of money, wlll they not realize the same effects? undecided

Look, stop trying to rationalize what is apparent foolishness. undecided

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Gajagojo: 1:59am On Jul 13, 2023
Battlefield2:
She is not mad
She is just a typical african mum
Brainwashed!
You need the special intervention of God to heal her
She's gone..... forget about it
Iya e ti lor

Mental disorder doesn't mean mad

Sounds like some kind of neurosis marked by compulsive behaviour

Sometimes this may manifest in gambling, excessive cleaning or anxiety.

Life in Nigeria can be tough and church is what helps many maintain the appearance of sanity

3 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by jookco1: 2:12am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
wow
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by xandy84: 2:20am On Jul 13, 2023
Wow.. what an advice indeed. My mother attend church, prays, gave 100 blocks, 10 bags of cements from my house project to church without telling me and when she told me, she said you going to see their prayer in your life. I bought a tractor trailer in one month of hustle. While some of our mother goes too far, NEVER denial your parents what they actually we earn and I believe their prayers open doors.

titilo:
mine use to do same, until i stop sending her money even if she says shes hungry, her brother also stopped, until she realised the so called men of God were only coming to pray for her cause of money.

So stop sending her money simple. Its like ant n sugar
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by kingthreat(m): 2:24am On Jul 13, 2023
Nothing bad in being religious but there's something unusual in being overly religious. It affects one's realistic thinking. I see nothing wrong in your mum praying all the time. However, I see something very wrong in using the donations you give for her upkeep to donate to the church. I myself have folks with this problem.
Fact is that you can't change your mum. But you all should be using style to say it is getting too much.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by descarado: 2:48am On Jul 13, 2023
duro4chang:
She is doing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother
And you believed this rubbish?
What about those without mum?
They are cursed, right?

The day we see organised religion and its effect on our society, our iq will jump to middle and all our locked potentials will be released cos religion has blindfolded us.

Men are part of organised religion to make money. Remove money and men will stop going to church

4 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by descarado: 2:50am On Jul 13, 2023
xandy84:
Wow.. what an advice indeed. My mother attend church, prays, gave 100 blocks, 10 bags of cements from my house project to church without telling me and when she told me, she said you going to see their prayer in your life. I bought a tractor trailer in one month of hustle. While some of our mother goes too far, NEVER denial your parents what they actually we earn and I believe their prayers open doors.

Your mother's prayer didn't do that. Rather you were diligent and worked hard.
Give yourself the kudos. You did well.

4 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by xandy84: 2:54am On Jul 13, 2023
Really!!! Don't be ignorant and assume all knowing statute. I am few classes from doctorate degree meaning ain't no fools to know loads of church are scam but prayer works. Notice my post did not talk about pastor but prayer. Now back to the topic, my mum's prayers do wonder in my life...

descarado:

Your mother's prayer didn't do that. Rather you were diligent and worked hard.
Give yourself the kudos. You did well.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Oju4190: 2:59am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned
One of them

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by chrisxxx(m): 3:01am On Jul 13, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
If you're an African and you're a Christian, you're NOTHING but a European/Jewish slave.

At least the Bible sees every human as equal.
My grouse is with Muslims which the Koran explicitly called blacks abeed. And blacks still form majority of those who follow such religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nairalandhotboy(m): 3:07am On Jul 13, 2023
Na religion of piss children go full this post.. rapist and suicide bombers from Islamabad
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by lexy2014: 3:07am On Jul 13, 2023
duro4chang:
She is doing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother

The churches he mentioned that she attends aren't the "praying" type of churches.

By the way, did John Wesleys mother attend winners or Christ embassy?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Jul 13, 2023
xandy84:
Really!!! Don't be ignorant and assume all knowing statute. I am few classes from doctorate degree meaning ain't no fools to know loads of church are scam but prayer works. Notice my post did not talk about pastor but prayer. Now back to the topic, my mum's prayers do wonder in my life...
Here's the problem. The God you claim your mother prayed to said clearly He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. Basically, all the prayers, praises, offerings, vows, tithes, good works, petitions, etc., offered to Him by the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and are hence an abomination that He does not accept. None of her prayers reached God's ears and none of her donations /offerings to the church reach God. So, it couldn't have been your mother's prayers to God that made anything happen. Your mother has been filling the pocket of her pastors and mogs for nothing. God has nothing to gain or do with all those churchian rituals. undecided

Now, here's the kicker! You would have gotten that trailer of yours after your hustle even if your mother had never said even a single prayer on your behalf. This is because God said several times in scripture that He pours out His mercy/favor daily on even the wicked and the ungrateful. undecided

You claim you are only credits away from a PhD, so surely you understand how to objectively examine the world around you, right ? I suggest you begin doing that going forward so you see that the same miracles and "blessings" churchians claim happen to all men alike, 3ven to the wicked and the ungrateful. Again, Scripture has it that God pours out the very same mercies/favor daily on all unrighteous including church goers, wicked and ungrateful. The wicked and ungrateful do not pray or regard God in anyway but they enjoy the same exact benefits that church goers do, to show you that their prayers do not change anything or avail much. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by lexy2014: 3:13am On Jul 13, 2023
Beey:
Is your dad present? .

How u take read the story?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by descarado: 3:15am On Jul 13, 2023
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Blitzerz: 3:18am On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, been there,done that, and realized it for what it is. And have come to realize that instead humans don't have power to curse other humanz being. undecided

Stop telling lies
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by sparko1(m): 3:18am On Jul 13, 2023
titilo:
mine use to do same, until i stop sending her money even if she says shes hungry, her brother also stopped, until she realised the so called men of God were only coming to pray for her cause of money.

So stop sending her money simple. Its like ant n sugar

You stopped sending your mom money because she does donation to church but you keep a girlfriend that buys brazilian hair on a regular?

You will rather she starve, than send her money she will use some as tithe?

And somehow you want to grow old!

It doesn't matter what she does with the money, she's your mother, she's not asking for your salary, you send her something every months, no monitoring, the gift have be given, however she want to serve her God is her business, she's not forcing you to go to her church to make donation, just mind your business and let her be.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Blitzerz: 3:19am On Jul 13, 2023
titilo:

Learn to read

Learn to think before typing
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 3:23am On Jul 13, 2023
Blitzerz:
■ Stop telling lies
Lying about what exactly? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by descarado: 3:23am On Jul 13, 2023
xandy84:

Her prayers did nothing. If you are educated as you claim, you should study beyond your field.
Get busy and research on mind control under social psychology and how the colonial masters used that for their conquest through religion. Its all over the Internet.

And it's worst than chemical nd biological weapon put together. The day you and your likes stop reasoning like this, Africa will see small light. Sub saharan Africa isn't the only colonised place but they are the dumbest. The rest has dropped the poison religion and moved on to greatness and here we are in 21 century believing that a mums prayer is what is keeping us alive or making us prosper.
Exactly how the West want us to think and act.
Surprising those that gave you the religion has decided to ditch it after it has fulfilled the purpose why it was created. Some are now calling God non gender. Yes, you have no right to say which name god will bear cos they gave you god so they can decide to call god a she or he.
Very dumb

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 13, 2023
PepeXKermit:

If you mama dey jump from church to church, na bcs of pikins like you she dey find solution. You are a useless child.

There are words you don't use on people, especially when you're not provoked or incited.

Between God and man, if it's me you typed this nonsense to, over a personal issue I brought to the public to find a solution, and the best you can do is cruelly insult me, I go find you for this country and you must say those words to my face!
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:32am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself. Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics. Back then she was active and bubbling. all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches. This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.
How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind. Everytime church, church, church

Someone has touched her with some charms perhaps they thought she's from a rich family so they can continue extorting money from her.
Many are desperate these days and you just have to be careful the way you receive tracts from people all in the name of preaching because most of those people want crowd in their business centers the call "Church" so they are ready to do anything just to achieve that.
Have you ever seen someone drowning before?
Well it takes a skilled swimmer to rescue such a person otherwise whoever try to save her may end up drowning with her.
I will suggest you study the Bible yourself to be a skilled preacher and teacher then through scriptural discussions you can help your mother, it's not possible speaking to her harshly or criticizing her because the more you do the more she sees you as Satan's agent that has been sent to block her from making heaven.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by bluefilm: 3:37am On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Let's assume for the sake of argument that prayers said by these people are effective, if dem stay home dey pray the same prayers without spending even a dime of money, wlll they not realize the same effects? undecided

Look trying to rationalize what is apparent foolishness. undecided

You dey mind dem?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Foodqueen(f): 3:39am On Jul 13, 2023
Women and fear, fear.

They make her believe that they are the reason her children are still Breathing.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by BluntCrazeMan: 3:45am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

Wait...

Even if she is sowing seeds,, she cannot sow her feeding money.
You seff, check am naa...
She's giving the excess to the churches, because she had checked her pause well and have known the amount that she would be having immediate need of,, so she gave off all the excesses to the churches,, knowing (not believing Ooo,, she definitely knows) that more will always be coming..

You always give her excess,, and being that she doesn't have any saving culture in her, she already saw all other money that her beyond her immediate needs as “excess money”..
So, she decided to sow them inside the hands of God, so that it will be multiplying FOR YOU INSIDE YOUR OWN POCKET (NOT HER OWN POCKET OOO)..

So bro,, take up the job of sending very little quantities that would just be very Okay for her immediate needs.. You can send as many times as possible, depending on the necessity.
Stop sending money in bulk, and be expecting to see some prudence in spending.

If prudence is not there, then it's not there.
She cannot learn it now that she is already old.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.