Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent (51609 Views)

Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians / Modified - Daylight Robbery by LOAN APPS / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
Promotions:
Stupid loan sharks

I'm telling you
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Adikij(f): 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
sweerychick:
make sure that your email is not attached to phone Google account. When you are done the won't have access to your phone contacts
please how does someone check that
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:
IF THIS PASSES L EARnersCREDIT.make I bend ....
Lcredit dem show u peppe sef dat year shey?
grin
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
otijah:
Ok sir. Worst be say I don pay dem back their principal oo, which they deceived me to pay on time so they will clear off that interest. only for them to start threatening me after one week.
d number dat ends wit 980, see d pix of d werey agent below

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by DrDunamis(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
obembet:
My dear Nairalanders, kindly save me from this loan Marchant. I was deceived by Thier agent.

Please ignore my typing errors.

According to Otijah

I have been borrowing from this app for sometime now until I decided to stop due to the one week duration they do give and the high interest rate during this interval

After 2days an agent of them chatted me up and told me about the increment in my loan to 50k and and extended duration of 1 month, I told him if its not what he said then I will wait he said no problem. He even said I should carry him along while doing it.

I went to the app clicked on it and saw 55k to pay 66k and after I did it I received an alert of 38k in my account instead of the 55k and a one week duration at that to pay 66k.

I chatted that agent to tell him about the outcome but he ignored me, I called him up he refused to answer, I told him I want to refund the money because I don't need it, as I did tell him initially yet he was ignoring me.

After three days I contacted another agent of theirs and told him about the incident he later gave me an account number to refund the principal, which I did immediately

Fast forward to one week later these people started threatening the hell of my life that I must pay those interest, that is non of their business. One even openly told me that they are trained to Deceive their customers and tell them lies do at to attract them.

Even till today am still receiving threatening messages from them

please I need an appropriate place to channel this. thanks
Take them to court na
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Ennythong2(f): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
fourboys:
God abeg no put me for situation wey I need to borrow from any appšŸ™šŸ™šŸ™

Amen šŸ™
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Austeeenxx: 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
Newcredit don suffer for my hand.
Kobo dem no go see šŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by emmysoftyou: 2:39am On Jul 15, 2023
steeltrust:
Obembet you are smarter than this na
You de let all this riffraff de threaten you

My advice is
If you have your atm attached to their app
Go and block it and take a new and then ignored them

Donā€™t answer them
Donā€™t pay any money
Let them rant
Once they are tire they will rest
Iā€™ve dealt with many of them back then when sapa hold me

Na them tire
No stress
Just live them
Them go tire
follow this point and they would back off ...
The guy made mistake to paid them the real money without negotiating further.

2 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:00am On Jul 15, 2023
travismacoy:
Na so LCREDIT dey threaten me. People wey make loss my savings them open office for my head until i decided not to continue they start threatening my life. This people have been eating my sweat for more than two years. I became trapped to them. I work to pay them just to take again for almost 3years.

It wont continue my wife and family need my attention let the worse happen. It is over between us LCREDIT
Don't pay dem SHINGBA!

pls gimme Lcredit agent number lemme deal wit dem small! angry

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by rolexino(m): 6:47am On Jul 15, 2023
They are everywhere. Fraudsters and online loan app robber's

The same here

I applying for 15,000 , they were to removed 1k for interest in a period of 7days

To my surprise, I received alert of 8,400

I went back to check loan details
I was surprised to see that image details

Immediately, I returned the money to their account

I chatted them and up till now , they never responded to the chat

I am waiting for them

If you're the shaky shaky type, Nigeria loan app is not for you

You have to be firm like a lawyer, when dribble you to one side, you need to have the courage to stand them.

It seems there are thieves among them

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2023
rolexino:

The same here

I applying for 15,000 , they were to removed 1k for interest in a period of 7days

I am waiting for them

You have to be firm like a lawyer, when dribble you to one side, you need to have the courage to stand them.

u jez let go free moni wey u 4 take flex weekend, carry like 2-3 banny, roll small colos join!
cool
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Adefemimoraks(m): 10:04am On Jul 15, 2023
nedekid:

How do you know your bvn has been reported? Was there anything you noticed?
There's this credit report on carbon app
It is showing there

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Adefemimoraks(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2023
Majesty7:

Nobody reported your bvn. Move on
I'm not sure about this
I checked from carbon credit report
I was surprised to see their loan app name with the yeye interest default
It was even lesser than the one on their main app
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by nedekid: 10:15am On Jul 15, 2023
Adefemimoraks:

It is showing there
Thats true oh. When I used carbon few years ago, they had about 3 credit rating agencies on the app.

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2023
Adefemimoraks:

I'm not sure about this
Carbon offers their customers once in a month free monthly genuine credit report cos it's never free if u go about it independently.

I urge all who have ever taken any loan at all to download their app & register on it.

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by SavageResponse(m): 11:13am On Jul 15, 2023
Nasri100:
See even if you are hungry and about to die pls never borrow money from any loan shark in Nigeria.

If you need a loan approach a cbn verified commercial bank. If they cant grant you a loan then ask someone.

Never borrow from Loan sharks. It can cost your life in the long run.

Would you have lent him the money if he had come to you? grin
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Nasri100(m): 11:21am On Jul 15, 2023
SavageResponse:

Would you have lent him the money if he had come to you? grin

I have borrowed money to many people in my life. No problem. If he was my friend I could have.

If I don't have funds I will ask him to borrow from a CBN verified Commercial Bank as I stated in previous post.

I hope I answered your query?
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by SavageResponse(m): 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2023
Nasri100:

I have borrowed money to many people in my life. No problem. If he was my friend I could have.

If I don't have funds I will ask him to borrow from a CBN verified Commercial Bank as I stated in previous post.

I hope I answered your query?

You have given me a politically correct answer but you and I know that in real life you would not have lent him the money because everyone knows that Nigerians are problem debtors grin
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Nwanna2588: 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2023
Adefemimoraks:

It is showing there

Guy, you have just educated me today! It is real

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Nasri100(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2023
SavageResponse:

You have given me a politically correct answer but you and I know that in real life you would not have lent him the money because everyone knows that Nigerians are problem debtors grin

You and I don't know anything. You don't know me. I don't know you.

You might have had bad experiences with "problem debtors". That's on you.

I haven't had such experiences. Maybe our circle of friends are different?

And if Nigerians are problem debtors maybe the state of the country is forcing such predicament, don't you think?
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Majesty7: 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
Adefemimoraks:

I'm not sure about this

That is not reporting your bvn. It is your credit score. It will affect your future borrowing. However you can clear it up if you like.

It doesn't affect you opening account or doing your normal transaction. You know how many Nigerians on CRC defaulters list? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Adefemimoraks(m): 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2023
Majesty7:

That is not reporting your bvn. It is your credit score. It will affect your future borrowing. However you can clear it up if you like.

It doesn't affect you opening account or doing your normal transaction. You know how many Nigerians on CRC defaulters list? grin
Now you tell me that's not a problem
How do I remove it
It was placed in a fraudulent way in the first place
As a student, who knows what may happen next

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Majesty7: 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
Adefemimoraks:

Now you tell me that's not a problem
How do I remove it
It was placed in a fraudulent way in the first place
As a student, who knows what may happen next

Nothing. Just pay when you are ready. Most reputable finance organization won't kill you for that meagre amount. They can advice you to pay up or they absorb it for you.

Not to worry. Government will soon ban them
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Nwanna2588: 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2023
Majesty7:

Nothing. Just pay when you are ready. Most reputable finance organization won't kill you for that meagre amount. They can advice you to pay up or they absorb it for you.

Your advice is good but where the problem lies is that of denying access to secure another loan. With the delay, some of them can block a borrower from securing a loan until the one on ground is cleared

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Majesty7: 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2023
Nwanna2588:

Your advice is good but where the problem lies is that of denying access to secure another loan. With the delay, some of them can block a borrower from securing a loan until the one on ground is cleared

Nobody can deny you access to loan. Seek loan elsewhere. Most of these online loan app knew they are operating a high risk business that is why once they are aware that one person has defaulted, they will be careful to give you loan. That shouldn't stop you from approaching commercial or even micro finance. Those ones will give you loan
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Majesty7: 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2023
rolexino:

The same here

I am waiting for them

Can you just imagine?
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Lajet: 5:01am On Jul 16, 2023
The government are the one to be blame, they are only threatening the criminal loan app without taking actions. If the government has dealt with one or two criminal loan apps by now, they would have to stop invading people privacy. But the criminal loan app have found out that the government are only making noise.

Google said on March that loan app will stop having access to people contact and photo, but the criminal loan app still access it
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Lajet: 5:05am On Jul 16, 2023
If the activities of the loan app providers have been found to constitute a breach of the countryā€™s data protection law. Why have the government not prosecute them, are they above the law?

Data protection concern

The activities of the loan app providers have also been found to constitute a breach of the countryā€™s data protection law. According to the National Commissioner of the Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC), Dr. Vincent Olatunji, many digital lenders in the country have been reported for breaches and are currently under investigation.

Section 35 of the Nigeria Data Protection Act, which was recently signed into law by President TInubu, states that

a data subject (individuals whose data are being exploited) has the right to obtain from a data controller, without constraint or unreasonable delay
confirmation as to whether or not the data controller, or a data processor operating on its behalf, is storing or otherwise processing personal data relating to the data subject, and where that is the case the subject has the right to know
The purposes of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
in particular, recipients in third countries or international organizationsā€¦ā€

None of these is being complied with by the loan app providers as of now.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Lajet: 5:09am On Jul 16, 2023
Meanwhile, in Ghana a joint operation by the Bank of Ghana, Cybersecurity Authority, Economic and Organized Crime Office and the Data Protection Agency led to the arrests of over 420 illegal loan app operators recently.

This comes just about a month after the Bank of Ghana put out a list of 97 of such illegal loan apps and warned the public to desist from dealing with them.

Indeed, several of them are listed on the Google Play Store and quite a number of them use both Ghana and Nigeria phone numbers, indicating that they may have their head offices in Nigeria.

Their modus operandi is not different from how they operate in Nigeria. They pry into customersā€™ privacy and embarrass them to everyone in their contact list and also threat to leak private pictures because at sign on, customers give access to everything on their phones without realizing it.

Following the mass arrests in Ghana, it is now time for regulators in Ghana to collaborate with Google to delist these apps from the Google Play Store.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Lajet: 5:17am On Jul 16, 2023
The Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), Babatunde Irukera claimed that he have registered 180 loan company why did he keep on threatening them without taking actions. It's either he is incompetent or there is something he is not telling Nigerians.

Are the loan sharks above the loan. Why are they violating the law of the country without any single action from the government, only threats.

Most of this loan shark charge 45% To 50% interest in 6 to 7 days that means if you take 50000 naira loan you will pay 75000 naira in 6 to 7 days what kind of business will you do in 6 to 7 days to make the money

The government are not telling Nigerians the truth, the reason they have not prosecuted any of this loan shark.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:26am On Jul 16, 2023
Majesty7:

Govt will ban a legit financing coy?

Hw do u think d US, China and other top con3s ginger their citizens to build up their respective economies?

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:32am On Jul 16, 2023
Majesty7:

Nobody can deny you access to loan. Seek loan elsewhere. Most of these online loan app knew they are operating a high risk business that is why once they are aware that one person has defaulted, they will be careful to give you loan. That shouldn't stop you from approaching commercial or even micro finance. Those ones will give you loan
u are mixing everything all up!

LOAN SHARKS LIKE LCREDIT, SUPER LOAN, SOKO LOAN ET AL
ARE ALL DIFFERENT FROM LEGIT LOAN COYS LIKE
FAIRMONEY, CARBON, MIM, AELLA, BRANCH, RENMONEY, NEWEDGE, ZEDVANCE E.T.C

do ur research!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Share Your Business Ideas That Can Be Started With 50-100k Or Less / Kenyan Professor XN Iraki: Nigerians Are Taking Over Our Economy / Tired Of Being Broke? See An Opportunity Many Nigerians Have Overlooked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.