Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? (6469 Views)

We Are Worried About Movement Of Almajiris Into Our Region - SouthEast Governors / Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group / Why Southeast Governors Did Not Attend Party's Rally In Sokoto - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by AntiTerrorist: 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
I wish to know the reason why governors (past and present) from south eastern part of the country are not performing like their counterparts in other parts of the country? As corrupt as Ganduje and Aregbesola are, their legacies can in Kano and Osun States respectfully can not be easily erased. If Igbo governors are working like Makinde of Oyo State or Nyesom Wike of Rivers States, I believe igbo's migration to other regions will be minimal. When a place is not conducive and comfortable for economic growth, people will definitely leave for where there is greater chance to succeed.

It is only in SE you will see a governor inviting Mr president to commission gutter, statue and other ridiculous projects. This is why they lack acceptance and support from there own people. SE politicians are the most wanted and the least respected by their own people. I learnt Hope Uzondinma out of fear has completely relocated to Abuja.

In southeast, they have 'professionals' as governors but I'm yet to see the impact of their professionalism apart from noise from some hired online praise singers. Inability of Igbos to flourish in their land has made them vulnerable to ridicule and disrespect from tribalists in other parts of the country. Things must not continue like this.

The current southeast governors must come together and provide an enabling environment for their citizens to prosper. Enough is enough.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by mrvitalis(m): 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
I wish to know the reason why governors (past and present) from south eastern part of the country are not performing like their counterparts in other parts of the country? As corrupt as Ganduje and Aregbesola are, their legacies can in Kano and Osun States respectfully can not be easily erased. If Igbo governors are working like Makinde of Oyo State or Nyesom Wike of Rivers States, I believe igbo's migration to other regions will be minimal. When a place is not conducive and comfortable for economic growth, people will definitely leave for where there is greater chance to succeed.

It is only in SE you will see a governor inviting Mr president to commission gutter, statue and other ridiculous projects. This is why they lack acceptance and support from there own people. SE politicians are the most wanted and the least respected by their own people. I learnt Hope Uzondinma out of fear has completely relocated to Abuja.

In southeast, they have 'professionals' as governors but I'm yet to see the impact of their professionalism apart from noise from some hired online praise singers. Inability of Igbos to flourish in their land has made them vulnerable to ridicule and disrespect from tribalists in other parts of the country. Things must not continue like this.

The current southeast governors must come together and provide an enabling environment for their citizens to prosper. Enough is enough.
For every project you show from osun and Ekiti state done in last 8 years... I would show you 2 done by ikpeazu

2 vs 1 let's see who runs out of projects first

Would you take this challenge or run like others in the last 6 months?

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Writergreat68(m): 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
Money stops familiarity
Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by MohammadSAW: 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
Because they are criminals & kafiris.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Absuchat(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

For every project you show from osun and Ekiti state done in last 8 years... I would show you 2 done by ikpeazu

I like this contest

I also want to challenge anyone from Ogun to show me any government's project done within the last 8 years and I will show him 2 from ebony 2v1..... Let's settle this case today once and for all

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by BeautifulMind2: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
AntiTerrorist:

Propaganda will destroy you guys in West show the pictures, let compare with that of Southeast governors

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by BeautifulMind2: 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
MohammadSAW:
Because they are criminals & kafiris.
Check the debts profile and tell me region with highest political criminals

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Flathead8: 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
I think your being insincere and ignorant! All region/states at one point had a competent and incompetent leaders, but overall the SE had good number of leaders

Hope Uzondinma
Okorocha
Sullivan
Umeh
Ngige
Obiano
Soludoetc
AntiTerrorist:

1 Like

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Anambra1stS0n: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
AntiTerrorist:

I'm waiting for the pictures Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti projects

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by mrvitalis(m): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
Absuchat:

I like this contest

I also want to challenge anyone from Ogun to show me any government's project done within the last 8 years and I will show him 2 from ebony 2v1..... Let's settle this case today once and for all
Lagos can't even compete with Ebonyi na

Add
Ogun + Oyo vs Ebonyi then that's a bit fair

This lots think because we abuse our governors means they don't work via Nigerian standard?

They do just that igbos have far higher standard than Nigeria

If makinde was an Igbo governor he would be the worst governor in South East

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Absuchat(m): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
post=124418410:

I'm waiting for the pictures Oyo, Ogun, Osun and Ekiti projects
and Ondo.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Absuchat(m): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

Add

This lots think because we abuse our governors means they don't work via Nigerian standard?

Honestly

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by MisterBanny(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
Because we have been marginalized and the monthly subvention is not always released to us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Absuchat(m): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

Add

Watch them start mentioning IGR but will run away from GDP

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by mrvitalis(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
Absuchat:

Watch them start mentioning IGR but will run away from GDP
The OP done run

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by paramakina202: 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
AntiTerrorist:

OP accept the picture challenge from our boys or pull down this thread.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Absuchat(m): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

The OP done run
Just as expected grin

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Newton2024: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

Pictures of public schools in Osun State

Let us see pictures of public schools in Abia state

Cc mrvitalis Absuchat XerXers paramakina202

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by mrvitalis(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
Newton2024:
Kindly upload pictures of roads constructed in the last 8 years in Abia state.
Oga if u want to take up until challenge take it up I dare u.... Then u would see the road projects

Ikpeazu is a failure yes but that's only by Igbo standard by Nigeria standard he is way above average

Over 100 roads constructed

If u doubt take up the challenge I dare u

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by XerXers: 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
Propaganda tribe will destroy themselves with SE matter. Only God knows what is paining you people

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by XerXers: 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
Newton2024:
Kindly upload pictures of roads constructed in the last 8 years in Abia state.
See this one, ikpeazu road transformation doesn't have rival in SW. Is it because the standards are high in the East and we criticize a lot?

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Absuchat(m): 4:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

Oga if u want to take up until challenge take it up I dare u.... Then u would see the road projects

Ikpeazu is a failure yes but that's only by Igbo standard by Nigeria standard he is way above average

You don pursue this one back to his hole immediately grin
So someone can not just play with you?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by XerXers: 4:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

Thank you. The funny thing about these people is that they judge SE governors by our criticism but when we criticize FG they call it hate and wailing

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Newton2024: 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

This is Osogbo-Ikirun-Ila-Odo road constructed and commissioned by Governor Adeleke of Osun State in his first 100 days in office.

Let us see road constructed and commissioned by Governor Ikpeazu of Abia State in his first 100 days in office.

Let us limit our debate to Osun vs Abia for now. We are coming to Lagos vs Anambra later.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by wisco4real: 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
you just talked for talking sake.
The truth remains that non of the immediate past and present Eastern governors can boast of their performances.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Almaigaa: 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
What do you expect from a Region that support crime. See the way all of them including their Political leaders supported that criminal Mmesoma.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Maazieze(m): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
Man mentioned Nyesom wike like as if he isnt igbo himself, wait until they say he is underperforming aswell grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Raskimonojendor: 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
Just yesterday, Uzodinma said they were helpless against IPOB. IPOB alone is enough to paralyze economic activities and make the governors look like idiots. And there are still other issues like the redmud/erosion plus all the useful people of working age have fled the regions and seek refuge in other regions.

As per the IPOB issue, they need to take a lesson or two from Wike. Wike dealt so much with IPOB that they started accusing him of genocide against the Biafrian ibos. He was also reported to the ICC cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by EcoNews: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
Fair enough, for every person migrating from Osun to Alaigbo I will show you 20 igbos escaping Alaigbo into Osun. Can we now understand what you are escaping from your own land that even animals join you escape the wretchedness n poverty pervading Alaigbo

mrvitalis:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Newton2024: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
I love igbos exactly the same way I love yorubas but my problem with igbos is empty chestbeating. Too much chest beasting.

After calling for a challenge, they ran away. grin
MisterBanny:
Because we have been marginalized and the monthly subvention is not always released to us
I don't understand. Who marginalized you, how and for what reason? What do you understand by monthly subvention and who is not releasing it to you?
Maazieze:
Man mentioned Nyesom wike like as if he isnt igbo himself, wait until they say he is underperforming aswell grin grin
Unity beggars, how many times do you want South South people to tell you they are not igbos before you will understand? Wike said he is not Igbo. Is that too hard for you to understand?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Raskimonojendor: 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
EcoNews:
Fair enough, for every person migrating from Osun to Alaigbo I will show you 20 igbos escaping Alaigbo into Osun. Can we now understand what you are escaping from your own land that even animals join you escape the wretchedness n poverty pervading Alaigbo

A few months ago, the ones in Osun were begging Adeleke to include them in his government cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Southeast Governors Underperforming? by Absuchat(m): 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
Newton2024:

This is Osogbo-Ikirun-Ila-Odo road constructed and commissioned by Governor Adeleke of Osun State in his first 100 days in office.

Let us see road constructed and commissioned by Governor Ikpeazu of Abia State in his first 100 days in office.

Let us limit our debate to Osun vs Abia for now. We are coming to Lagos vs Anambra later.
Abia is too big for ordinary Osun... I will prefer we do Osun vs Ebony.
Umahi's first 100 days in office. Notice the quality difference

16 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Gov. Aliyu To Quit As Chairman Of Northern Governor's Forum / Osun Leads In Nigeria’s School Enrolment / FG To Reintroduce Toll Gates Over Bad Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.