Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. (22061 Views)

How Retaining Your Semen Helps You Recover Your Left Rib (esoteric) / How Did You Recover The Money Someone Was Owing / The Most Wasted Money In This World Is The Money You Spent On Girlfriends - Reno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Nwaajasa: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2023
Cassandraloius:
Bro it's under probability, if you have Rich family and friends around, you might get something tangible but if you're surrounded by poor people, you fit regret all the money you spend. Marriage na sense, no do pass wetin your hands no reach.
Bros, no so all the time, the truth is that people will always do to you just as you have been doing to them, I'm a living testimony, you know we used to say that a chief that travel out and meat full his bag when coming back it's those that he used to give that gave him

1 Like

Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by franchasofficia: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
nkemjacob2:
Let me ask those who are married.

I meant a friend who said he did recover his money even more than 100%.

I made sure nobody that attended my wedding gave me any gift. The MC announced it as soon as we stepped into the reception hall that gifts are not allowed. If you brought gift, please keep it, the couple don't want to accept any gift from anybody.

He also announced that nobody should spray couple money. Keep your money, the couple only invited you to come and witness their holy matrimony. They are not here to raise funds.

The reception hall arrangement had no high table, only single table where our wedding cake was kept and where we did the cake cutting. The music played was country music and jazz all through so there was no room for anybody to dance, just eat, drink calmly and leave.

And I made sure I spent what I knew I could afford without expecting any returns.

People left the wedding laughing and wondering if I wasn't a Nigerian. Some said I be all those Nigerians that have lost touch with home whereas I am a village bush man self lol.

My point, don't expect any recovery of funds spent on your wedding day, its a wrong practice in Nigeria, reason I don't honor wedding invites from people, if I deem it fit, I send you monetary gift before your wedding to assist you but I don't attend Naija wedding cos its always annoying to me.

6 Likes

Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Nuzo1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2023
Very sad mentality most of us Nigerians have.

Using little and personal occasions for fund raising.

Committees for wedding, naming ceremony, proposal, graduation to great grandfathers burial.

I so detest such committees, especially constituted only to raise money.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Adesusex: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2023
For where?may be in marriage of the lamb,I will recover it all.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by franchasofficia: 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2023
Nuzo1:
Very sad mentality most of us Nigerians have.

Using little and personal occasions for fund raising.

Committees for wedding, naming ceremony, proposal, graduation to great grandfathers burial.

I so detest such committees, especially constituted only to raise money.
Same here

1 Like

Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Nuzo1(m): 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2023
franchasofficia:
I made sure nobody that attended my wedding gave me any gift. The MC announced it as soon as we stepped into the reception hall that gifts are not allowed. If you brought gift, please keep it, the couple don't want to accept any gift from anybody.

He also announced that nobody should spray couple money. Keep your money, the couple only invited you to come and witness their holy matrimony. They are not here to raise funds.

The reception hall arrangement had no high table, only single table where our wedding cake was kept and where we did the cake cutting. The music played was country music and jazz all through so there was no room for anybody to dance, just eat, drink calmly and leave.

And I made sure I spent what I knew I could afford without expecting any returns.

People left the wedding laughing and wondering if I wasn't a Nigerian. Some said I be all those Nigerians that have lost touch with home whereas I am a village bush man self lol.

My point, don't expect any recovery of funds spent on your wedding day, its a wrong practice in Nigeria, reason I don't honor wedding invites from people, if I deem it fit, I send you monetary gift before your wedding to assist you but I don't attend Naija wedding cos its always annoying to me.

I approve this comment!

1 Like

Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Milementor: 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
I did not marry with the mindset of recovering the money i spent... no be business
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Regex: 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
Acidosis:
I'm struggling to understand your definition of "recovery." How do you recover a fund you willingly spend on your wedding? Recovering from who? Look, if you spend 3m, for example, on your wedding, and you somehow managed to make 3m some months after your wedding through businesses, contracts, or side hustle, you still haven't recovered anything. The 3 million wedding expense is gone and gone for good.

However, if your definition of recovery includes the gifts, donations, money from aso ebi, etc., well... I wish you well on your recovery process cheesy

OP is talking from the point of committee of friends view.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by PeggySandas(f): 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ucloaded01:
Tulumbu sponsors Ekpa miscreants in the south east... Asari boys are their foot soldiers but one thing I promise you guys you shall meet your Waterloo very soon.

South east is a blessed and shall come back to life like it used to.

Stop smoking 🚬
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by sureinfo: 2:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
Haaaa, wedding don turn investment?
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Slurity(m): 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2023
nkemjacob2:

Spending more than necessary on wedding is the most stupid thing to do .
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Jaybee3456: 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
Recover what? wedding no be show now, this mentality is a bad one
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by TheGift: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2023
Cassandraloius:
Bro it's under probability, if you have Rich family and friends around, you might get something tangible but if you're surrounded by poor people, you fit regret all the money you spend. Marriage na sense, no do pass wetin your hands no reach.

What do you mean recover? Was the wedding a business venture?
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by ojonugba2014(m): 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2023
Deay play.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Beigalodesigns(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2023
iamjavadem:
Recover it how? Is it a business investment?
grin
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by captianfreeman(m): 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2023
What

Is wedding a money making venture?
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by newoffer: 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
Had like 500,000 extra after wedding. You have to learn the act of promoting your events to attracts blessings before the D Day.
I gave out almost 150 bottle wines. Money rolled in like magic. Don't sell any stupid Ankara. If you need idea on how to raise fund I can guide you.

1 Like

Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Mustack: 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2023
Silentgroper:

no traces!!!

Watun u wan trace.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Silentgroper(m): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2023
Mustack:

Watun u wan trace.
It's 4rm d song, alaye...
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by metformin(m): 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
newoffer:
Had like 500,000 extra after wedding. You have to learn the act of promoting your events to attracts blessings before the D Day.
I gave out almost 150 bottle wines. Money rolled in like magic. Don't sell any stupid Ankara. If you need idea on how to raise fund I can guide you.

Please I will send you mail for your guidance.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Watinhapen(m): 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
Wedding is a thing of joy if you’re marrying the right woman. It’s not a business venture where you plan on recovering your money or making gain. I and my wife spent roughly 2.6M and we only recovered 260k from the spraying money. The money was even used to balance up expenses. We didn’t save to do our wedding. It was a joint effort. Marrying my wife has been a blessing so I don’t regret one bit.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Mustack: 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2023
Silentgroper:
It's 4rm d song, alaye...

Like train
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Wakatumbit: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
I only got sprayed 300k at my wedding. That didn't even get up to a quarter of what I spent but the best thing is not to be in any debt after your wedding
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Mom007(f): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Later you men will wonder why you are having all sorts of problems in marriage! So this is now a factor?🤣😂🤣 wahala dey o.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by WAPINATION: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
While preparing for wedding just see what ever your budget is or turns out to be as funds you have marked out to spend without anything in return wedding is never and ROI venture else you may be left devastated.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by bummyla(m): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
Yes! Because My Boss and her family, and few other older friends took up most responsibilities that day, so I spent little of my money!
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Smartguyboy(m): 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
metformin:

Please I will send you mail for your guidance.

Before sending email for guidance
Do you keep plenty friends?
Are they rich?
Your wife is she from rich family?

Do you know 150 people to go and give drink/bribe?
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by samwillyco1(m): 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
This is why I will only use 500k for my traditional/white wedding. I can't be put under pressure to do more than I can.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by metformin(m): 8:14pm On Jul 16, 2023
samwillyco1:
This is why I will only use 500k for my traditional/white wedding. I can't be put under pressure to do more than I can.

How did you do that, 500k for trad/white wedding? Please tell me

1 Like

Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by metformin(m): 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Before sending email for guidance
Do you keep plenty friends?
Are they rich?
Your wife is she from rich family?

Do you know 150 people to go and give drink/bribe?

I do have plenty friends.
My wife is from average family not rich family.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by Karnice600: 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
nkemjacob2:

This question disgusts me tbh, but I'll answer.

There are 'profits or benefits' whose values can't be measured in figures or currencies;
A caring mother, a principled but loving father, a dependable friend, a lovely home, a selfless but nagging spouse (lmao), ability to respire oxygen unaided and unpaid for,..

Anyone who tries to equate his wedding spendings with his marital benefits was likely never ready for it in reality.

Its crazy that some men still look at their wives and see a painful bride price that was supposed to be used for a poultry farm.
So sad.
Re: Did You Recover The Money You Spent After Your Wedding?. by samwillyco1(m): 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2023
metformin:

How did you do that, 500k for trad/white wedding? Please tell me

I said, I will

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? / Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? / 3 Things To Help You 'Dodge' This Year's Valentine With Your Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.