Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,386 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Does Age Matter In Relationships ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Age Matter In Relationships ? (16905 Views)

52 Years Nia Long & 38 Year's Omarion Does Age Difference Matter In A Relation / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? / Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
My wife is older than me by 2years.

7 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by talented321: 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2023
Person way no get money dey find woman?
erico2k2:

check this statement in jst 10 years time, U think say we be oyibo abi? even with oyibo nah money dey talk
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Djbme: 2:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
Someone should please help me with any kind of work that can earn me 3k or above daily. @ Lagos preferably I can do any type of work please please I am totally depressed
whardy080@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by EriMma1: 2:49pm On Jul 17, 2023
It doesn't , as long as both you respect each other.
Though I've never dated a younger guy.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by MrBroke(m): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
Age is nothing. Relationship too is nothing but a trade by bater invention for humans by humans.
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by erico2k2(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2023
talented321:
Person way no get money dey find woman?
yesooo all those women wey be 55 plus and arrange nor need money, just arrange smell n look good, U don enter
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by buzorcharles(m): 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:
Hey Good evening , please I need experienced and matured minded answers on this thread
I have a girl I love and if God willing marry her
She's humble, submissive , and posseses good qualities of a wife material.
I senior her with just months in age . same year of birth.
Can that marriage work out well because I have this ideology that the husband should senior his wife by some years at least 2years.

Yes it does. Bro humble, submissive, and wife material during courtship is different from marriage. Just know that woman na luck. Only pray she will value ur marriage that's all.
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Merry100: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:
Hey Good evening , please I need experienced and matured minded answers on this thread
Can that marriage work out well because I have this ideology that the husband should senior his wife by some years at least 2years.
If she was even five years older than you, it wouldn't have made any difference because age is not the determining factor in a successful relationship. What truly matters is maturity and understanding. Based on your description of her, it appears that she possesses all the qualities you desire in a woman, so I would advise you to consider marrying her.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Kennedyonwoshi(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2023
Yeah, go on and marry her
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Emusan(m): 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:

There's a reason why God created Adam first before creating his wife...

Think about that!

1 Like

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by MuslimIgbo: 3:22pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:
If a 40 years old man is dating your 15 years old daughter, DOES AGE REALLY MATTER?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by jeromestarks: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:
You will regret any form of union you established with her.
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Rexie96: 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:

Ull be fine
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by U2ice(m): 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2023
Doesn’t really matter
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Gangster1ms: 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
I senior my wife to be with 13 whooping years grin
At first i didn't want cos i love matured thick women, but had to change my mind to please my mum who i love so dearly much. Moreover the girl is very submissive and gives me peace of mind, that's what matters most.

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
ShenTeh:
Yes. That's the short answer.

The long answer is that there is

30 years is one generational difference. You can't be on the same pedestal. Perspectives and colourations will defer. One party would definitely have to forgo a lot of their comfort for the relationship. The best people that see this problem clearly are those in it.

Ten years is one decade. I personally think everything should be within this bracket. If there's beyond 10 years between you two then you are most prolly be dealing with someone who is unaligned to your peers.

Caveat. This is my personal opinion and should not be treated as the declarations of a professional.
have seen people with 17 years age difference.. the guy has good genes.. you can never know.. two of Dem are love birds.. very sweet relationship

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Ororocelemi(m): 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
Bro try and understand, it's not advisable

philo3:
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
Gangster1ms:
I senior my wife to be with 13 whooping years grin
At first i didn't want cos i love matured thick women, but had to change my mind to please my mum who i love so dearly much. Moreover the girl is very submissive and gives me peace of mind, that's what matters most.
Once you find peace of mind that's the most important thing.. carry on

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Segzy19: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2023
Age matters...

1. Women age faster than men (menopause issues). If she has early menopause while you are still active, your own don be be dat. So it's advisable to marry younger lady.

2. Having said my first point, that doesn't mean you can't marry your mate if she has all the qualities you want in her and you find peace in her. My point one is just something to consider (though not strongly)

3. In Africa, Nigeria especially, it is advisable to marry a lady you are older than. African men, Nigerian men usually feel insecure when they marry older women. However, with the Europeans and Americans it doesn't really matter. They handle such age difference factor better.. Again, this is not a rule but an advice. If you can handle an older wife well and she respects you well as her husband, then no problem... Just that Nigerians don't usually handle it well ni

Make I keep quiet for here

1 Like

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Bennysam: 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:
Just one or two child birth she will aged to the extend she will look like your mother

1 Like

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by phemmyfour: 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:
Age is just a number. Peter n Lola is a good example
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by tfash96(m): 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
Baba don't miss potential wife because of flimsy excuse..The same thing is presently happening to me and I never for once thought it as big deal.I am older than her by 2 months and like 28 days and I never for once thought I should leave her because she gives me joy..Like attributes you described about yours she's humble,submissive and all other good things man should be praying to have in his wife

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by tfash96(m): 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2023
Puss360:

πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ... I donno why I find this your post funny.... So u mean you can date a girl older than you?
There's nothing wrong in it..We Africans have issues
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:

Hey Man,

Age matters in a relationship especially when you think that you and your partner are almost the same age mate.

Women tend to age fast immediately after child birth. So the best thing to do is to marry a woman, you're older than with like 5 to 10 years difference.

Bitj of you will age simultaneously and balance the equation if you know what I mean.

If you marry someone that you're almost equal with like age mates, the wife will age more than you and you'll feel too young for her.
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Bigseven(m): 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
Be ready for complex issues and how to deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by aklid(m): 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2023
Women that are older than me are always>>>>>>

1 Like

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Killermamba: 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:
Oga marry your ideology
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:
It depends πŸ€”
How old r u?
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2023
Oga as far as say na you senior her, even if with just a day, u are good to go. But if the reverse is the case, abeg comot body. Make she no go "jokingly" call u "you this boy" in the present of your friends and family. .
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by HEBEI: 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2023
Yes oooooooh

Because if given another chance, I will still love to marry my wife again and again. But she must be older than me by 10 to 20 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

85% Of Girls Wearing This Skirt Have STD (pix Included) / Share Ur Experience Of Students Caught Romancing During Night Class On Campus / What Should Be The Best Punishment For A Cheating Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.