Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread - TV/Movies (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread (1502165 Views)

BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (3772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by scondy(f): 5:57am On Jul 26, 2023
Amya:
I have always been Indifferent about Adekunle and didn't particularly hate him or love him but with the way his fans are running mad on this thread, they are slowly making me hate the guy.

Even in his season, Adekunle wasn't all that, and he managed to even make the top 5 through the skin of his teeth. So what's all this noise about? Had me wondering if there's another Adekunle or its the same guy we watched very recently that while good at challenges, wasn't even an interesting cast.

This is BBN All Stars, and except for Princess, Ilebaye and Soma that were early boots who didn't have time to build a fanbase, most of the others are doing very well on the fan front and yet their fans are not littering everywhere trying to hype up a delawood.

Adekunle is a cat his fans so desperately wants to paint a tiger.

U will just talk waaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

14 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Lauryn41(f): 6:15am On Jul 26, 2023
Adekunle fans it’s okay oo

How many pages

Make we enjoy the show abeg

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Threebear(m): 6:24am On Jul 26, 2023
CrazyGirl69:

The eviction jury will only decide between the two finalists.

Mercy will be among the two finalists, that's for sure.

So even if she isn't picked by the bad belle low budget jury, I'll still enjoy the pleasure of watching them evict the likes of Pere, Adenkunle, Ceecee, Whitemoney and your talentless Mike

Crazy girl calm down .
Your body too dey hot 😁
We are not even sure Mike is coming.

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Teeroyzimma: 6:48am On Jul 26, 2023
Amya:
I have always been Indifferent about Adekunle and didn't particularly hate him or love him but with the way his fans are running mad on this thread, they are slowly making me hate the guy.

Even in his season, Adekunle wasn't all that, and he managed to even make the top 5 through the skin of his teeth. So what's all this noise about? Had me wondering if there's another Adekunle or its the same guy we watched very recently that while good at challenges, wasn't even an interesting cast.

This is BBN All Stars, and except for Princess, Ilebaye and Soma that were early boots who didn't have time to build a fanbase, most of the others are doing very well on the fan front and yet their fans are not littering everywhere trying to hype up a delawood.

Dominique suppose give you ban till 2043

I'm not shocked you spewed this

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Titaniumental: 6:48am On Jul 26, 2023
Kuku fans wan try force rivalry with Pere. They should go and asked about Patriots. We don't make noise online. We fall out wen it matters. We have bigger fish to fry, Your delawood bland fave nor join

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Titaniumental: 6:49am On Jul 26, 2023
Amya:

Gbam!!!

5 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Sanqa: 6:54am On Jul 26, 2023
Last night I watched Whitemoney "counselling" Ike about his merike relationship. I had flashbacks of him doing the same thing to/ for Emmanuel. I began to wonder if, when he sees competition, he pushes you to focus on the ship while he focusses on the money. His competition is usually girls in the ship.

Alex may be one of my faves this time, unless she starts a ship with Pere.

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by thatigboman: 7:05am On Jul 26, 2023
Amya:

God bless u. The desperation no get part 2. But they will surely fail woefully
Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by LordTheus(m): 7:05am On Jul 26, 2023
First of all, sorry for the length 😅

Alphagan:

I agree to the extent that success on the show is not solely on the account of the winner’s efforts but on other factors most especially those that bother on viewers’ sentiments that ultimately influence voting pattern.

Okay. We seem to have common ground here.

These beyond-reach factors are not lost on me but there’s a nucleus to the body of winning, the winner. All the past winners attracted fans to themselves on the strength of their character, it is this character that shapes sentiment and viewers’ perception.

Obviously to garner or attract that kind of mass appeal, there has to be certain characteristics that the housemate has to possess, or a persona s/he has to embody. But I think the point I'm getting at is that attracting such a large amount of followership while on the show is not as plain cut as simply just playing a certain type of role in the house, whether it be the relatable every man (aka street), the bright youngster with talent or the plenty other personalities you highlighted. Maybe the examples I'll mention shortly will explain better what I mean.

People connected with Phyna on “street level” ditto Efe,

True. But couldn't the same be said for Hermes, Omashola, Sammie and even Adekunle when you consider his background story in Level Up?

WM was naturally funny with extraordinary native intelligence

I'm not going to contest this because humor is generally subjective. And while I agree that Whitemoney was funny, I personally remember Trikytee, BrightO and Chizzy to be naturally funny as well. Besides, I don't think you'll find many people who'll point to Whitemoney's humor as his game or strategy. They're more likely to cite his kitchen duties.

Mercy was a drama queen

LoL. This is not a unique set in BBN. I'm not even going to start dropping names because we'll be here all day.

and Laycon was that confident and focused budding artiste.

So was Bryann. I even read somewhere that he's the one who remixed the current BBN theme song. I can't think of many things Laycon did that was different from what Bryann did. The edge Laycon probably has was his weird triangle with Erica and Kiddwaya, and you might argue that it made people want to root for him more. But his situationship with Erica was something he really couldn't control. Just like Tobi couldn't control his own situationship with Cee-C.

And speaking of talent, what of Daniella's literary and intellectual prowess in Level Up? You'll be hard pressed to find someone in the entire BBN that ever displayed such unique, intuitive and abstract intelligence as Daniella. The only other person I can think of is Ozo, but he was generally quiet with it. People liked her for it, but it wasn't enough.

Their strength and the fact that they were on top of their games sustained the loyalty of their fans till victory came knocking.

Adekunle, Bryann and Hermes were at the very top of their game, even moreso than Phyna who won their season, and they sustained the loyalty of their fans even till now.

On the flip side, characters like Ozo, Sheggzz and Liquorose had so much potentials at the outset but lost the plot along the way.

LoL. There was nothing Liquorose could ever have done to beat Whitemoney. That guy was goated from the moment he stepped into the house. Despite the fact that you think Liquorose "lost the plot", she was still the second biggest and most popular housemate present after Whitemoney. That's how it was from the start to the close of that season. Nothing changed.

Nothing really changed for Ozo as well, in terms of his personality. If you paid close attention to him on Lockdown, you'd realize that he seems to be on the autism spectrum, and that's what informed his obsession with Nengi, as well as some of his awkward repetitive behaviours. He masked it well at the beginning, but over time it became difficult and when people saw him for what he was, they started moaning about how he had "lost focus".
cc: Dotez

Sheggz tried to play Kiddwaya's script in my opinion. I don't know why people thought he would go very far in the first place.

Whichever way you look at it, the winner’s ingenuity, game, poise and positive qualities as reflected in their actions and inactions are the reasons for emotive and financial supports they get from fans.

True and False.

True, because the overall personality of the housemate is what attracts people to them.

False, because you make it seem like the housemate can single-handedly make him/herself the most popular person on the show and therefore win - simply by assuming a certain type of character that will impress the audience. They might try to, but their success is always going to be probability based, and not 100% certain.

In my humble opinion, the one thing that Efe, Miracle, Mercy, Laycon, Whitemoney and Phyna had in common is "Grace".

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Altrarecords(m): 7:06am On Jul 26, 2023
Threebear:

Honestly she's the most beautiful in all the seasons if we are not being biased.
Kim Oprah and Erica can take second and third positions respectively.

Kim>>> venita

Stop playing
Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Olodo24: 7:24am On Jul 26, 2023
Uwosom:
Biggie did level 3 guests strong thing sha grin
I remember Chomzy and Eloswag thinking they were winning 😂

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by garfield1: 7:25am On Jul 26, 2023
Amya:

Don't hate him yet because of a misguided few.by the way,he deservingly made the finals not narrowly

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Godoverevery: 7:29am On Jul 26, 2023
LordTheus:

Obviously to garner or attract that kind of mass appeal, there has to be certain characteristics that the housemate has to possess, or a persona s/he has to embody. But I think the point I'm getting at is that attracting such a large amount of followership while on the show is not as plain cut as simply just playing a certain type of role in the house, whether it be the relatable every man (aka street), the bright youngster with talent or the plenty other personalities you highlighted. Maybe the examples I'll mention shortly will explain better what I mean.

True. But couldn't the same be said for Hermes, Omashola, Sammie and even Adekunle when you consider his background story in Level Up?

I'm not going to contest this because humor is generally subjective. And while I agree that Whitemoney was funny, I personally remember Trikytee, BrightO and Chizzy to be naturally funny as well. Besides, I don't think you'll find many people who'll point to Whitemoney's humor as his game or strategy. They're more likely to cite his kitchen duties.

LoL. This is not a unique set in BBN. I'm not even going to start dropping names because we'll be here all day.

So was Bryann. I even read somewhere that he's the one who remixed the current BBN theme song. I can't think of many things Laycon did that was different from what Bryann did. The edge Laycon probably has was his weird triangle with Erica and Kiddwaya, and you might argue that it made people want to root for him more. But his situationship with Erica was something he really couldn't control. Just like Tobi couldn't control his own situationship with Cee-C.

And speaking of talent, what of Daniella's literary and intellectual prowess in Level Up? You'll be hard pressed to find someone in the entire BBN that ever displayed such unique, intuitive and abstract intelligence as Daniella. The only other person I can think of is Ozo, but he was generally quiet with it. People liked her for it, but it wasn't enough.

Adekunle, Bryann and Hermes were at the very top of their game, even moreso than Phyna who won their season, and they sustained the loyalty of their fans even till now.

LoL. There was nothing Liquorose could ever have done to beat Whitemoney. That guy was goated from the moment he stepped into the house. Despite the fact that you think Liquorose "lost the plot", she was still the second biggest and most popular housemate present after Whitemoney. That's how it was from the start to the close of that season. Nothing changed.

Nothing really changed for Ozo as well, in terms of his personality. If you paid close attention to him on Lockdown, you'd realize that he seems to be on the autism spectrum, and that's what informed his obsession with Nengi, as well as some of his awkward repetitive behaviours. He masked it well at the beginning, but over time it became difficult and when people saw him for what he was, they started moaning about how he had "lost focus".

Sheggz tried to play Kiddwaya's script in my opinion. I don't know why people thought he would go very far in the first place.

True and False.

True, because the overall personality of the housemate is what attracts people to them.

False, because you make it seem like the housemate can single-handedly make him/herself the most popular person on the show and therefore win - simply by assuming a certain type of character that will impress the audience. They might try to, but their success is always going to be probability based, and not 100% certain.

In my humble opinion, the one thing that Efe, Miracle, Mercy, Laycon, Whitemoney and Phyna had in common is "Grace".

I don't know why you people try to put laycon down most times.

You can't compare laycon with bryann at all.......laycon graduate top of his class in unilag which surprised us all.

He came to that house with the look of a dullard ghetto boy but he showed us he is small looking guy but maximum intellectual and blew everyone away.

What week did Erica clash happened......why didn't he get evicted before then cos I don't understand why you people always attach his success to the clash with erica.p

Ozo even acknowledge he was the only one who match him intellectually.

Laycon won several tasks to a point were everyone wanted to be in his group.

Saturday night.....he always turn up with mad energy...clips are there if you want.

Bryann is just music,vibes but laycon is music,brain and vibes.

All fellow housemate love laycon in the house......infact kidd told Erica he liked laycon and can't fight him.

Laycon was a lovable guy and he melt heart...

Some of us are attracted to intellectual and not lousy mouth with empty heads.

6 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by garfield1: 7:29am On Jul 26, 2023
LordTheus:

True and False.

You nailed it.grace is just the x factor
Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by QueenSindel(f): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2023
Amya:

Bullshit!! U are just jealous that the Adekunle u wished wouldn't make it to the finals in level-up not only put u to shame but came back Stronger and ready to make fans even happier in this All-stars deal with that🤪🤪🤪🤪

12 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by LordTheus(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2023
Godoverevery:

I don't know why you people try to put laycon down most times.

You can't compare laycon with bryann at all.......laycon graduate top of his class in unilag which surprised us all.

He came to that house with the look of a dullard ghetto boy but he showed us he is small looking guy but maximum intellectual and blew everyone away.

What week did Erica clash happened......why didn't he get evicted before then cos I don't understand why you people always attach his success to the clash with erica.p

Ozo even acknowledge he was the only one who match him intellectually.

Laycon won several tasks to a point were everyone wanted to be in his group.

Saturday night.....he always turn up with mad energy...clips are there if you want.

Bryann is just music,vibes but laycon is music,brain and vibes.

All fellow housemate love laycon in the house......infact kidd told Erica he liked laycon and can't fight him.

Laycon was a lovable guy and he melt heart...

Some of us are attracted to intellectual and not lousy mouth with empty heads.

By this response, I see you didn't follow my conversation with Alphagan at all. Please try and follow our correspondence on the issue thus far. I didn't put down Laycon in my post at all. I didn't put anybody down in my post.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by mattgoners(m): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2023
Clear road for ODOGWU....
WHO DEYYYYYYYY!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by QueenSindel(f): 7:52am On Jul 26, 2023
Amya:

Oh let me even Reintroduce him grin Adekunle The Tiger The Real General The First President of AllStars Kabiyesiiiiiiiii ooooooo

12 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Godoverevery: 7:52am On Jul 26, 2023
LordTheus:

By this response, I see you didn't follow my conversation with Alphagan at all. Please try and follow our correspondence on the issue thus far. I didn't put down Laycon in my post at all. I didn't put anybody down in my post.

Ok ......I will try to fellow to get the issue but please don't compare laycon with bryann.
Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by LordTheus(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2023
Godoverevery:

Ok ......I will try to fellow to get the issue but please don't compare laycon with bryann.

Don't be ridiculous. Have you never heard of archetypes before? Laycon and Bryann can never be 100% similar (no two people are), but they generally represent the same TV trope of the young musical talent or genius, and that's why I compared them together. The only difference is one had a storyline that endeared him to people -- mind you, it was a storyline that he didn't manufacture for himself; he didn't have any agency, he just happened to find himself in that situation. The other didn't really have a storyline but he was active, entertaining and commanded a visible presence from start to finish. When most people think Level Up season, they think Phyna and Bryann.

It's like Superman and Captain America. They both share the same "All-American superhero", or "Do-good" archetype. But (1) they have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT origin stories, and (2) no amount of juju in the world will ever make Captain America to beat Superman in a fight. One is just peak human in power, but the other can move planets easily.

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by mayor1814: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2023
Altrarecords:

Kim>>> venita

Stop playing

The most beautiful girls in BBN history to me include Nengi, Kim Oprah, Ahneeka, Beauty, Erica and Venita. Then there is Helen and Ify of Ebuka set.

Honourable mentions include Chomzy, Saskay, Bella, Lilo and Gifty.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Godoverevery: 8:15am On Jul 26, 2023
LordTheus:

Don't be ridiculous. Have you never heard of archetypes before? Laycon and Bryann can never be 100% similar (no two people are), but they generally represent the same TV trope of the young musical talent or genius, and that's why I compared them together. The only difference is one had a storyline that endeared him to people -- mind you, it was a storyline that he didn't manufacture for himself; he didn't have any agency, he just happened to find himself in that situation. The other didn't really have a storyline but he was active, entertaining and commanded a visible presence from start to finish. When most people think Level Up season, they think Phyna and Bryann.

It's like Superman and Captain America. They both share the same "All-American superhero", or "Do-good" archetype. But no amount of juju in the world will ever make Captain America to beat Superman in a fight. One is just peak human in power, but the other can move planets easily.

Too much shalaya isn't needed.

I still don't get your point honestly.

So laycon winning was just by chance/luck but bryann worked hard to be runner up??

Someone who slept almost of half the show time nah en get presence from beginning to end...lol

Nawa oooooo

Anyway you are entitled to your opinion.........merci

5 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by QueenSindel(f): 8:16am On Jul 26, 2023
mayor1814:

The most beautiful girls in BBN history to me include Nengi, Kim Oprah,Ahneeka, Beauty, Erica and Venita. Then there is Helen and Ify of Ebuka set.

Honourable mentions include Chomzy, Saskay, Bella, Lilo and Gifty.
Ahneeka Finest from Double Wahala only that she doesn't bath grin
Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Amya(f): 8:16am On Jul 26, 2023
QueenSindel:
Bullshit!! U are just jealous that the Adekunle u wished wouldn't make it to the finals in level-up not only put u to shame but came back Stronger and ready to make fans even happier in this All-stars deal with that🤪🤪🤪🤪

Lol so with all the heavy-weights in that house, you really think I'm checking for Adekunle. Delusional much? 🤣

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Beorn: 8:17am On Jul 26, 2023
Sochieke:
Why are they wearing imprinted clothing this season, i thought it was banned at biggies house, Kiddwaya is wearing his label or something and Adekunle is wearing a printed shirt too

Biggie allows personal HM brands.
Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 26, 2023
QueenSindel:
Ahneeka Finest from Double Wahala only that she doesn't bath grin
😂😂😂
Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by duduade: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2023
Abeg can we get real updates now... Enough of the Pere this Adekunle that abeg.... Make we breathe.... Make we move forward

6 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by LordTheus(m): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2023
Godoverevery:

Too much shalaya isn't needed.

Your lack of patience to understand someone else's viewpoint is not my problem.

I still don't get your point honestly.

Well, I can see that.

So laycon winning was just by chance/luck but bryann worked hard to be runner up??

If this is what you got from everything I've been saying then I don't know what else to tell you. I'll just give you a hint though: No matter what you do as a housemate, you can't fully control how the viewers perceive you.

Anyway you are entitled to your opinion.........merci

Ditto.

edited for clarification.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by QueenSindel(f): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2023
Amya:

Lol so with all the heavy-weights in that house, you really think I'm checking for Adekunle. Delusional much? 🤣
Heavyweight pass heavyweight and this particular Heavyweight Deks have not only kept u checking but Peppered to pieces🤪🤪🤪 Adekunle the Tiger u are making Mama Proud Baby🤩💃💃💃💃💃💃

7 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Sanqa: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2023
Is it too early to feel that this re-union is not giving? Are they being too cautious and old? 😉 I've missed a lot of viewing hours but still don't feel like I missed anything when I start rewatching.
Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Threebear(m): 8:28am On Jul 26, 2023
Sanqa:
Is it too early to feel that this re-union is not giving? Are they being too cautious and old? 😉 I've missed a lot of viewing hours but still don't feel like I missed anything when I start rewatching.
I say make e no follow my mouth comot .... if this All-stars can't save the show , then the show is done .

5 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread by Beorn: 8:28am On Jul 26, 2023
Seems like this season will be Patriots vs Islanders. I wonder how those that have stanned both in the past would cope. Anyway, make una dey try drop updates along with the bickerings, for those of us that watches at nights only. T for teinks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (3772) (Reply)

What Sites Can You Download Series For Free? / BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread / Korean Movies Chatroom

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.