Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M (66911 Views)

Yvonne Nelson Has Worn A Slippers 4 Times - Instagram Follower / Murder Supect Of Nipsey Hussle Gets Idied, Surveillance Video Of His Shooting / See Photos From Alizee's Birthday, 85 Days Before Her Gruesome Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by ogbiwa: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
A ring designed and worn by Tupac Shakur is set to go on auction – and could sell for nearly £250,000 ($327,000; N257m)

The sovereign ring will sell as part of auction house Sotheby's sale marking the 50th anniversary of hip-hop.

It features a jewel-encrusted "crown" with gold, ruby and diamond.

Tupac was classed as rap royalty but was gunned down in 1996 in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas, US, aged just 25.

The murder came three days after wearing the ring at his final public appearance at the MTV Video Music Awards.

This ring marked a new phase in his life, in which he abandoned his "Thug Life" persona.

The piece of hip-hop history is expected to sell for £152,719 and £229,079 at auction in New York this week.

Following a stint in prison, Tupac launched media conglomerate Euphanasia Incorporated and began transitioning into a more executive role in the music industry.

And to celebrate the new era of his career, he marked the occasion by commissioning two new pieces of extravagant jewellery.

He told his godmother Yaasmyn Fula, a friend of his mum's who also served as his "advisor, auntie, money manager, caretaker, and lifelong supporter", that he wanted a piece of jewellery to serve as an act of 'self-coronation'.

The finished gold crown ring boasts 10 carats of cabochon rubies and pavé diamonds and an inscription reading "Pac & Dada 1996".

In what was to be his last interview with MTV after the VMAs, flanked by fellow West Coast rapper Snoop Dogg, the flashy ring can be seen on Tupac's left hand.

Just three days later, Tupac was shot in Las Vegas in a drive-by shooting and died in hospital six days later, on September 13, 1996.

The rapper's godmother Ms Fula, who is selling the ring, explained it served as a "powerful" symbol of responsibility.

She said: "Tupac thought of himself and his creativity as a tool of expressing injustice and love.

"That message has been carried on with a lot of artists to this day that give him acknowledgement and say how much he inspired them.

"That ring is a powerful symbol: whoever wore that ring had to accept that they have a responsibility to have an impact upon the world.

"Finally, when the ring was finished, I'll never forget that when I walked in with the ring and he looked at it, I think it just blew him away."

The ring will be sold at Sotheby's annual hip-hop auction in New York on July 25, and is on display to the public until its sale.

Cassandra Hatton, Head of Science and Popular Culture at Sotheby's, added: "The crown jewel of our hip-hop sale this year is the crown ring that was designed by Tupac and then worn by him.

"This ring will be a highlight of our annual hip-hop sale, which this year is held to celebrate the 50th anniversary of hip-hop.

"It's a 14-carat gold crown, encrusted with diamonds and rubies.

"There's a large, central cabochon ruby. It's quite a big ring that makes you think of coronation jewells; the types of jewells that kings would wear for formal ceremonies.

"It was so important to him that he asked his godmother, the person he most trusted, to oversee the designs of this ring."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/gold-ring-worn-tupac-three-30494208

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by ArchiLimited: 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
I remember when we were younger and one of the major topics of debate amongst young people for a very long time was whether Tupac's death was fake or real. Those were simpler times. Now tribalism, like a subtle cankerworm, has eaten so deep into every line of discuss that you can't go over 2 minutes of intelligible conversation again before tribalism will find it's way into it and ruin everything. Smh

See below for your next building project

340 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by vastolord4(m): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
Hit em up!

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Psady(m): 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
E sure say before this post was made,that Ring has found a new buyer at that ridiculous price.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by illicit(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Whoever wore the ring might die tragically 3 days later too

shocked

14 Likes

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by internationalman(m): 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2023
These are some of my favorite lines from 2pac

2PAC -- Dead -- GOAT

Who can I trust in this cold world?
My phony homie had a baby by my old girl
But I ain't trippin', I'm a player, I ain't sweatin' him
I sex his sister, had her mumble like a Mexican
His next of kin, no remorse it was meant to happen, besides rappin'
Only thing I did good was scrappin', until the end of time.

Instead of war on poverty they got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.

I'm tired of being poor even worst I'm black. My stomach hurt I'm looking for a purse to snatch.

I got short 5 times but I'm still breathing, I'm a living proof there's a God if you need a reason.

My favorite line from Eminem

EMINEM -- Alive -- GOAT

In my mind I'm a fighter, my heart's a lighter
My soul is the fluid, my flow sparks it right up

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by hspda: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
O se
Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Higherthan: 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
Still making money while dead, RIP TUPAC

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by FuckSilly: 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
grin
So is the gold more valuable than any other real gold?
If the gold is melted and smelted, will it have other properties different from other golds?

NONSENSE misplaced priority

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by ipobarecriminals: 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
8 days of tupac, boys 2Men,Big daddy, soul 🚄 in the 80s that we still have sound 🎶 manageable.Unlike the dumb, mumu they kal 🎶 nowadays. The likes of that mad fellow that kal himself WAHALA, WAHALA, have transferred his madness virus to the yoots.RIP Tupac

16 Likes

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Justbeingreal(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
_STILL THE BEST RAPPER DEAD OR ALIVE..

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Slynation(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
Who is the owner of the money...

2 Likes

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Armanipounds: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2023
His death has always been a myth!

8 Likes

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Streetdoctor: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
We are talking about comr dem wey dun turn to begging bcs of Agbado manhood una dey here dey talk about Tupac and gold.
Comr helinues and LordviccoDaGuru are starving hard, abeg Mak una help dem out bcs Agbado go choke dem finish

1 Like

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
ArchiLimited:
I remember when we were younger and one of the major topics of debate amongst young people for a very long time was whether Tupac's death was fake or real. Those were simpler times. Now tribalism, like a subtle cankerworm, has eaten so deep into every line of discuss that you can't go over 2 minutes of intelligible conversation again before tribalism will find it's way into it and ruin everything. Smh

Did Tupac actually die in a gang related shooting?

7 Likes

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by GanagiBitrus: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2023
&He never took a penny to his grave.

Naked You Come, Naked You Go!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Padipadi(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2023
Some artistes I wished they didn't die.
1. Sound Sultan
2. Mankel Janson
3. 2pac Amaru, Amoru Amodu Bamidele Shakur
4. Witini Hosteeen
5. Mafin Geyi
6. OJB Jezreel
7. Goldie
8. Nomoreloss
9. Fela AnikooLAPO (Mic Fin Bank) Cooltea
10. Majek Fashek.
illicit:
Whoever wore the ring might die tragically 3 days later too

shocked
See curse o.
Your head like Federal House of Assembly Mace.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by immortalmortal: 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2023
The fact that it was worn by the legendary Tupac may make it sell a lot higher

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Beremx(f): 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
My best rapper so far. Rest in power Makavelli

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Eriggs: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
I want to buy it next week Tuesday

1 Like

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by nurric(m): 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
Tupac Makaveli Amaru Shakur. Legendary Rap star that ever liveth. California love ft Dr Dre.

9 Likes

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by MrHighSea: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
Fair exchange

or

Time to be a Ghost

2 Likes

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by princeade86(m): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
for just 46days, many people now turn to car dealer...for sales here and there...Ìjoba yii yio túnbò ma t'uwa lára dáàdáà ooo. In case anybody with Honda EOD and all I av is #30,000. Because epo (fuel) ti won..

7 Likes

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Gondonu: 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
Tupac!

2 Likes

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by KimFlorence: 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
Hope the buyer wont be haunted by Tupac's ghost?

1 Like

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by FutureIsFemale(f): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
Rubbish.
If I had a boyfriend maybe would have put his boxer for sale claiming it's the boxer Tupac wore a day to his death.
Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Urheadmaster(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
Welcome to Africa
Sameworld:
Dagrins family should've done done this had they properly preserved his properties. I saw a video where they were showing off his rusted and worn out award plaques

1 Like

Re: Gold Ring Worn By 2pac 3 Days Before His Shooting Goes On Sale For ₦‎257M by Hotwest: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
Tupac if his origin is traced well he fit be Yoruba boy! I see a slim Davido resemblance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Funsho Ogunremi Is Dead (Actor) / Davido Addresses His Fellow Corpers At Lagos NYSC Camp (Photos) / Juliet Ibrahim Shows Her Curves In Swimwear Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.