Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,194 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. (38519 Views)

I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / Does Blood Culture Test Detect Hiv Virus / Pretty Amputee Shares Her Experience When She Went For Amputation 14 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
agabaI23:
She collected a high vaginal swab I think and she probably noticed that your Os (the opening of your cervix) is still in tact. Which means you may have not obtained a D&C.

Or your hymen is still in place which we all know what it means.
It seems you work in a hospital or you're in the medical field.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 10:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
oneman2k7:
See how lazy people are analysing keep it up statement.

Why can't u ask her.
She didn't want to disclose why she said that.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2023
horlahwaley:
I actually belong to this field, but she saying keep it up could mean you did well cooperating with her while she was taking the sample
You do the exact same thing? I mean does your work also involve collecting samples from the vagina/privates.

You people that work in the medical field are really really trying. It's not easy at all. People in the medical field, security personnel, and teachers ought to be paid the highest amount of salary, in my opinion. They are really trying. It's not easy at all.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
Eyanbahose:
Like Some people mumu gan.

She went to the hospital, doctor said keep it up and she can't even ask what she meant. Nna eh
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
drlateef:

If they are investigating an infection, then she is being sarcastic with her comment. It is like saying continue being promiscuous with sex. Because she assumed you caught infection through sex.
Any body can go for such tests. Irrespective of whether you're sexually active or not.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
SIMPLIFIED:
Lol, this is a very ignorant post. Please don't give medical fact when you have no idea what you are talking of, HVS has nothing to do with bathing, the sample is collected from inside the vagina not the outside vulva that is cleaned when bathing. Also a virgin can't get a HVS done as the hymen can't allow getting into the vagina, if patient is a virgin, a vulva swab is done. What the lady most likely is reffeirng to is either her coperation with the procedure or level of hygiene down there. I collect HVS samples and trust me it is not one of the best procedures to do because most patient coming for it obviously have an issue down there that is why they are there for the test.
Yes, the instrument was inserted very deep into my vagina. It was painful though. So, even if I take my bath 10 minutes before the procedure, it won't still affect it because the sample is collected from inside the vagina.

You said a virgin can't do it? Well maybe because of the pain. The first time I did the HVS culture test of a thing ( 2020), I was a virgin. But, it was painful, maybe that's why they would rather go for vulva.

You said you also perform this procedure? Are men also allowed to do this? I thought it's only woman that that perform the procedure on a woman. Are men allowed to perform the procedure on a woman?
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
AfonjaPriest:

She gave you that sign probably because your puna smelt nice unlike that of other females. Going to puna to take samples is a harrowing experience for lab. technologists. They first dilate your puna with an instrument called a speculum. Next, they use a long cotton swab to rub the inside of your puna like you would do with a cotton bud in your ear. If the job is done well, they take the sample to a culture medium and rub the sample on it before it is sent to the incubator. The bad sides to all that is the terrible smell from some puna and horrible sight of the sample collected.
It seems you work in the hospital or in the medical field?
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by AfonjaPriest: 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
HanisahZuwy:
It seems you work in the hospital or in the medical field?
I had a stint for some months in a lab. I left, not because I couldn't stand the different samples we collected, but that it was time to move on to other things.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Icon79(m): 1:14am On Jul 20, 2023
Yup. That’s paps smear. In that case, she meant that she didn’t observe any STDs or STIs in your system, so you’re clean. Try to keep it that way.

O pari

HanisahZuwy:
I'm a female. The sample was collected from my vagina. She inserted something deep into my vagina and collected the sample.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Stevyne: 1:21am On Jul 20, 2023
HanisahZuwy:
No wonder.
smiley
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Daxray07(m): 5:10am On Jul 20, 2023
OP hope you're not using style to advertise your clean coochie? Because boys dey vex this period oh. If Dem handle u, the next time u go for culture abi na tradition the nurse go advice you to keep it down.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by pembisco(m): 5:36am On Jul 20, 2023
SIMPLIFIED:
Lol, this is a very ignorant post. Please don't give medical fact when you have no idea what you are talking of, HVS has nothing to do with bathing, the sample is collected from inside the vagina not the outside vulva that is cleaned when bathing. Also a virgin can't get a HVS done as the hymen can't allow getting into the vagina, if patient is a virgin, a vulva swab is done. What the lady most likely is reffeirng to is either her coperation with the procedure or level of hygiene down there. I collect HVS samples and trust me it is not one of the best procedures to do because most patient coming for it obviously have an issue down there that is why they are there for the test.
You are the ignorant one, don't mistake HVS for ECS (Endo cervical smear) or even Pap Smear. And on the issue of giving medical fact, please note that I am a Medical Lab Scientist 7 Years post induction, Chemical pathology specialty.
Go and read your book on patient preparation for HVS M.C.S sample collection. You should be sacked for collecting HVS sample after the patient had taken bath and most likely washed down there. Worst is when the patient had taken bath with antiseptic soap or the patient is on antibiotics less than two weeks prior to sample collection. Go and read your book cos obviously na your type weh de collect samples anyhow without preparing the patient adequately and observing eligibility criteria then end up missing important diagnosis.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by agabaI23(m): 5:37am On Jul 20, 2023
HanisahZuwy:
It seems you work in a hospital or you're in the medical field.
yea
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Mayflowa(m): 7:40am On Jul 20, 2023
Most ladies that go for culture test already have a symptom of infection or odor change in their private part? So it's usual to have offensive smell from the private region. Probably yours was different but why did you need a culture test?

Or if you were a virgin, she probably noticed ad impressed. One of the two.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by NNEVERAGAINN: 8:21am On Jul 20, 2023
Guynexttdoor:
You no ask her u come here dey ask us.. she no tell you fuel don cost? angry
😂😂😂 No mind am, he dey find
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 8:48am On Jul 20, 2023
agabaI23:
yea
You do the exact same thing? I mean does your work also involve collecting samples from the vagina/privates.

You people that work in the medical field are really really trying. It's not easy at all. People in the medical field, security personnel, and teachers ought to be paid the highest amount of salary, in my opinion. They are really trying. It's not easy at all.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 8:50am On Jul 20, 2023
Stevyne:
smiley

Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 8:52am On Jul 20, 2023
Icon79:
Yup. That’s paps smear. In that case, she meant that she didn’t observe any STDs or STIs in your system, so you’re clean. Try to keep it that way.

O pari

But, the result is not yet out. She just collected the sample and almost immediately came and said I should keep it up with a thumbs up sign from her to me. So, I don't think it has anything to do with the test result.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HanisahZuwy: 8:56am On Jul 20, 2023
pembisco:

You are the ignorant one, don't mistake HVS for ECS (Endo cervical smear) or even Pap Smear. And on the issue of giving medical fact, please note that I am a Medical Lab Scientist 7 Years post induction, Chemical pathology specialty.
Go and read your book on patient preparation for HVS M.C.S sample collection. You should be sacked for collecting HVS sample after the patient had taken bath and most likely washed down there. Worst is when the patient had taken bath with antiseptic soap or the patient is on antibiotics less than two weeks prior to sample collection. Go and read your book cos obviously na your type weh de collect samples anyhow without preparing the patient adequately and observing eligibility criteria then end up missing important diagnosis.

Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Quebec91(m): 9:27am On Jul 20, 2023
cheesy
Itooweak4una:
She's referring to your legs.

She wants you to keep it up but if you can't do it yourself, we can help you
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Quebec91(m): 9:29am On Jul 20, 2023
You said it all
mexxy1:
If I'm to go by your posts, you're female.

By my understanding from your write-up, she meant you're doing well taking care of yourself down there hygienically which is why she gave you a thumbs up.

Since her job designation is to collect the sample with the swab, she's definitely seen things.

Hope you understand now?
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Quebec91(m): 9:33am On Jul 20, 2023
Well as someone with sense🧠said up there, you doing well hygienically down there, so for her to have said "keep it up" just immediatepy after collecting the sample and no foul smell hoozing out from it unlike maybe what she had come accross from various kpekus samples of your gender mate.

I have a feeling you know whar her "thumbs up * keep it up" statement means deep down, you just wanted validation from us and/or maybe hype yourself as you also proud of your self which is good i must say
HanisahZuwy:
I'm a female. She asked me to UnCloth, climb the bed, and open my legs. She inserted something long into me to collect the specimen. When she was done, she came back immediately to say that I should keep it up, with a thumbs up sign from her to me.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by agabaI23(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2023
HanisahZuwy:

No, not my job but I know about it.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by HRMK: 10:06am On Jul 20, 2023
you should have asked her or the doctor that would handle the result!
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Akposkiz: 10:16am On Jul 20, 2023
Honestly how much did it cost for culture test screening?
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Stevyne: 10:23am On Jul 20, 2023
HanisahZuwy:

Yea, we do the same thing here also.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by cquared: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2023
Useless post
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by FireUpNow(m): 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
HanisahZuwy:
I was asked to come for the result tomorrow.
Don't worry as everything is fine
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by OBTOREPA(m): 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2023
HanisahZuwy:
It's for HVS.
I'm a lab. Scientists, I would love to check and confirm it, if you wouldn't mind before giving you answers to your question.
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Ifogift007: 7:26am On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Maybe she is of the opinion that you're not sexually active yet wink
Check my signature for free stuffs!
Tinubu slave... renewed hope 😁😁😁😁

Hope you bought fuel today
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 21, 2023
NairaMaster1:

That's not the reason Sir. She's complementing him for not resisting. She see penis everyday. In the medical world, we are not moved by any private part
You are in the medical world and you cannot deduce that the poster is a female?
I’m sure you will ask where in the write up does it say so
Re: My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. by Eyanbahose: 3:52am On Jul 23, 2023
HanisahZuwy:
no, you should insist cos it's about you. She has no right to keep that info from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos / Mentally-Challenged Patient Escapes From Psychiatric Hospital In Lagos (Photo) / Papilloma Deadly Virus Is A Virus Gotten From Kissing, Please Kiss Less Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.