Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,328 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN (31696 Views)

Nigeria Ranks Top In List Of Countries With Cheapest Fuel Price Per Litre / Petrol May Cost More In South-east - IPMAN / Breaking!!! See What IPMAN & NUPENG Are Saying About Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
BabaIbo:

I think say na only me see am o, e even pass China's own on his statistics.
don't mind Nigerians when they want to back up their foolishness that's when they dig out nonsense information
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by MadamExcellency: 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Yankee101:
In the US i pay 3 dollars per gallon

Approximately 3.8 liters

3/3.8 =0.789

0.789 dollars x 840 naira = 663 naira per liter

They are using US rate for Nigeria, minus US higher tax on gasoline, you will arrive at N617 per liter.
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by ceejayluv(m): 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Maazieze:
The reason why its harmful is due to how poor the average nigerian is, the minimum wage is low, unemployment is high, so fuel end up taking a larger % of their wages
Nigeria's Minimum wage right now is like $40. meaning that 50 litre petrol is over 140% of minimum wage
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Nicekutz7: 10:32pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nah big lies,here in libya 1 dinnar is for 9 litres of petroleum and lights is also free, walahi Nigeria is 100 backward despite no elected government since demise of Gadafi
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by oracle009(m): 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2023
Maazieze:
The reason why its harmful is due to how poor the average nigerian is, the minimum wage is low, unemployment is high, so fuel end up taking a larger % of their wages

When did average Nigerian minimum wage turn to $375? At what exchange rate
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Error401: 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
Now that subsidy has gone, what has been the effect? Pinpoint any benefit

FreeStuffsNG:
No. It's because some Nigerians were gullible enough to think petrol subsidy favours them. You are collecting N25K but your money is being used to subsidize the cars of Billionaires. It's ignorance.
If petrol subsidy had gone since, that salary would have gone up or money would have gone into infrastructure to force down high prices
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by InvertedHammer: 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
Maazieze:
/
The problem with your analysis is that if 19 people earn N35k per month and 1 person earns N800k per month, the average salary will be:
((35,000 x 19) + (800,000)) / 20 = N73,250 (an amount greater than double the salary of each of the 19 participants).

So their calculated average salary = N73,250 which is far from reality. I hope you can see why using average in analysis is very bad.

/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by abbey621(m): 11:08pm On Jul 20, 2023
Maazieze:

In addition, majority of those countries don't have oil. They are also not stupid enough to have oil and then pay an outside country to refine it and sell it back to them.....Crazy grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Tundex911: 11:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
Aye gbogbo yin lo ma baje...

Despite God bless us with this natural resources, how many of the African countries get reach us?

E no go better for all those leaders
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Dzzzz: 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
It’s stupid when you compare Nigeria to other African countries..That’s where the low chronic pain in the brain stops one from reasoning well..
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Lolz
I don't care whatever prize the petrol gets to, non of my business
As an Entrepreneur and employer of labour, this can only lead to me downsizing my staff strength and exploit the situation to my advantage.

The SWners who live mostly on white collar and administrative jobs are the ones I pity for.

So pity for yourself and your fellow supporters of evil not an Enugu based NWAFOR IGBO LIKE ME.

Why dash that useless thing 2 seconds? He doesn't deserve that much of luxury

We've been here for a while and we can tell most people's financial level. He's barely surviving

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Asswipemod: 11:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by TruthHurts100: 12:05am On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://dailytrust.com/nigeria-still-has-cheapest-fuel-price-in-africa-ipman/

Àwọn were. Those other African countries have crude oil àbi?
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by fredodo007(m): 12:31am On Jul 21, 2023
I don't need to read the story from this stupid ipman. Can our minimum wage be compared to those other countries?
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by drsibz66(m): 1:30am On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Ignorance is bliss. Go and work hard first.

The era you were born with the hope that govt will train, feed and educate you for your parents is gone. Go and create something valuable in the market place and exchange it for money. Subsidy on petrol is gone.

If crude oil price falls, petrol, like kerosene, diesel and gas, will fall. We don't give free petrol o so go and work hard and quit the social media idle banters.

No Nigerian should be subsidising petrol for same ruling class that are overpaid and privileged. Let the poor man breathe. If the huge trillions wasted on petrol subsidy benefits the poor man, it can unleash his potentials. Enough of giving privileged people like you subsidy on petrol and electricity.

Sorry I have a few questions for you...
1.What is the money derived from subsidy going to be used for, and what is the guarantee that the money will be channelled into that use rather than been looted

2, what is the Nigerian government's current responsibility to its citizens cos I don't see anything the govt of Nigeria offers to its citizens.. No power supply, no roads, no security, no free schools, no free medical care. So what is the govt using the proceeds from our collective natural resources to do?

The only thing the govt was giving to the citizens was fuel subsidy. And now its gone. Mind you I don't have a problem with removing subsidy but what were the plans of the govt to do with the money realised and what was the plan towards the hardship that was going to follow. I tell you they had no plan .. cos if they had they won't be talking about 8k for poor people.

A reasonable govt would have had a plan ie increase salary, build refinery, provide stable electricity and started execution before removing the subsidy. What the govt has just done is akin to a surgeon who cuts the patients first and then starts looking for anesthesia to give to the patient.
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Minjim: 2:21am On Jul 21, 2023
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=124547897]

Let's take Angola for example, which is the 2nd largest producer of crude in Africa ( by the way, the 1st is Nigeria).
Their petrol is subsidies by the government and they also reduce taxation on it. So a litre goes for
300 Angola Kwanza. Mind you, N1 = 1.0716. Angola kwanza.
Find details in the pictures and tell me whether this man is lying or not.
I'm not insinuating anything.
I just want you to discover the difference yourself

Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Minjim: 2:26am On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Ignorance is bliss. Go and work hard first.

The era you were born with the hope that govt will train, feed and educate you for your parents is gone. Go and create something valuable in the market place and exchange it for money. Subsidy on petrol is gone.

If crude oil price falls, petrol, like kerosene, diesel and gas, will fall. We don't give free petrol o so go and work hard and quit the social media idle banters.

No Nigerian should be subsidising petrol for same ruling class that are overpaid and privileged. Let the poor man breathe. If the huge trillions wasted on petrol subsidy benefits the poor man, it can unleash his potentials. Enough of giving privileged people like you subsidy on petrol and electricity.

The greatest folly is to be fooled and not know it.
They can fool some of you , but not all of us.

Let's take Angola for example, which is the 2nd largest producer of crude in Africa ( by the way, the 1st is Nigeria).
Their petrol is subsidies by the government and they also reduce taxation on it. So a litre goes for
300 Angola Kwanza. Mind you, N1 = 1.0716. Angola kwanza.
Find details in the pictures and tell me whether this man is lying or not.
I'm not insinuating anything.
I just want you to discover the difference yourself

Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by usagee36: 3:04am On Jul 21, 2023
With a weak economy.
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Lama70(m): 3:09am On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Petrol is overrated in Nigeria. Very soon, things will settle.

All those who built petrol stations to steal subsidy money then and run black market operations during artificial fuel scarcity period are literally out of business today. The era of petrol subsidy is gone for good.

Only an ignorant and irresponsible poor man will keep subsidising petrol that the rich use to fuel their expensive cars while he treks or idles away on social media.Check my signature for free stuffs!

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by SalamRushdie: 4:32am On Jul 21, 2023
Maazieze:

How did you arrive at 375 as minimum wage in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by tivta(m): 4:34am On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
No. It's because some Nigerians were gullible enough to think petrol subsidy favours them. You are collecting N25K but your money is being used to subsidize the cars of Billionaires. It's ignorance.
If petrol subsidy had gone since, that salary would have gone up or money would have gone into infrastructure to force down high prices
Yet your paymaster refused to allow Johnathan remove fuel subsidy? May God judge you.
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by tivta(m): 4:36am On Jul 21, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Is it not same Tinubu and his gang of thieves that kicked against during GEJ? A period that had beautiful policies that cussions the effect of subsidy removal
YOUWIN
SURE P
FG ASSISTED MASS TRANSIT BUSES
ETC,

Don't mind the demented man. Always trying to defend failure.
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by tivta(m): 4:45am On Jul 21, 2023
Alliswell248:

Pls check your bp....
Hating people who doesn't know you exist.

Yoruba are the most lovable people on the earth.

Forgive him, it's just that that freestuffs guy is really painting a whole tribe badly. I too know of a couple of Yorubas who hate tinubu for his heartless policies.
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by benobyeze(m): 5:07am On Jul 21, 2023
Animal talk.
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by micolo2c: 5:17am On Jul 21, 2023
Agreed but what about the condition of the economy,m? I want to believe Nigeria’s economy is better?
Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by Hedonisco: 5:37am On Jul 21, 2023
Continue telling stupid lies to justify nonsense...

"The average price of gasoline around the world is 1.32 U.S. Dollar per litre. However, there is substantial difference in these prices among countries. As a general rule, richer countries have higher prices while poorer countries and the countries that produce and export oil have significantly lower prices. One notable exception is the U.S. which is an economically advanced country but has low gas prices. The differences in prices across countries are due to the various taxes and subsidies for gasoline. All countries have access to the same petroleum prices of international markets but then decide to impose different taxes. As a result, the retail price of gasoline is different".

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still Has Cheapest Fuel Price In Africa-IPMAN by dododawa1: 6:25am On Jul 21, 2023
No light in IJEGUN, ISHERI OSUN and IKOTUN since 5days now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Caught In Employment Scam - CBN Explains "Secret Recruitment" / Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg / DPO Olosan Of Mushin Stripped, Pushed In Wheelbarrow And Beaten By Hoodlums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.