Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! (9440 Views)

Is It Ever Acceptable For A Man To Hit A Woman? / Is It Acceptable For My Girlfriend To Beat Me Up? / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by ARareGem(f): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2011
Call me old-fashioned, traditionalist, whatever, but a woman should not propose to a man. Like some peeps have said, there is more to proposing than just kneeling down and flashing the ring.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by nnwniger: 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2011
5yrs is really a long time but, I would have prefered it the other way. I hope he goes on with the YES answer and the marriage last forever . Is  very unAfrican however, 21st century or not. I hope it doesn't happen to me cause, it squeezes out everything juicy about the whole thing. Just my humble openion but, what do I know. I wish them well
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by BABE3: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2011
coogar:

how so?

I'm not repeating myself. Scroll up and read my posts carefully.

coogar:

they have not switched roles. when women were recruited to join military forces, men did not tell them the roles would be switched. the men just carried on with their original tasks and the women stuck to their roles!

Are you seriously comparing joining military to marriage? Weak analogy.

coogar:

are you on one knee and the ring is diamond?

Sweerat, since we are going against the norm; I'm proposing with a pair of Gucci Shoes. You ok with that?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by coogar: 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2011
BABE!:

I'm not repeating myself. Scroll up and read my posts carefully.

done! still don't understand.

Are you seriously comparing joining military to marriage? Weak analogy.

same difference!

Sweerat, since we are going against the norm; I'm proposing with a pair of range rover sports Gucci Shoes? You ok with that?

fixed!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

(clearing throat)

Excuse me, SexkillzI am still on one knee holding your okada tire ring tongue
Nah! Drop yours! I have to go home and get the one my Grandma gave me! BRB! wink wink
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Withheld: 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2011
;d
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by dabrake(m): 11:08pm On Oct 08, 2011
sexkillz:

So woman propose to you right now, you go say no? Oya lie! cheesy grin grin grin See bible quoting out of context! So the 5 years he spent dating her, he was finding torchlight? Cheeeeeiiiiii! grin grin NA WA O!!! grin   Now, diagrammatically show me where it says MAN MUST PROPOSE TO WOMAN!!! cheesy
laff wan kill me die
nnw niger:

5yrs is really a long time but, I would have prefered it the other way. I hope he goes on with the YES answer and the marriage last forever . [b]Is  very unAfrican [/b]however, 21st century or not. I hope it doesn't happen to me cause, it squeezes out everything juicy about the whole thing. Just my humble openion but, what do I know. I wish them well
and that remains d reason y d whites keep referrin 2 us as being primitive. Guy, filter d whiteman's lyfstyl and that of d black man. Mix d filtrates and drink dem. Throw away d residues. Wyt dat, ur ready 2 rule the world. Listen 2 d poem "who buys my thought" by dennis chukwude osadebay. Dat poem is 4 pple of ur callibre. SMH
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Otunbakay(m): 1:17am On Oct 09, 2011
The best i think a lady could do is to systematically guide/engineer her man towards proposing and doing it her self is just 2 odd.
And pls note that this is a defferent thing entirely from a lady asking a guy out.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Konjour(m): 1:25am On Oct 09, 2011
What is food for the goose is surely palatable to the gander.

In reminiscence of the "21st century" women equivocal bla bla bla stuff,asking a man out/proposing to a man should not be made to be a

mountain when its nothing but a molehill. It is very,very acceptable in a "21st century" society . cool
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by eghost247(m): 1:46am On Oct 09, 2011
Konjour:

What is food for the goose is surely palatable to the gander.

In reminiscence of the "21st century" women equivocal bla bla bla stuff,asking a man out/proposing to a man should not be made to be a

mountain when its nothing but a molehill. It is very,very acceptable in a "21st century" society . cool

[size=20pt]SECONDED[/size]
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by MrsChima1(f): 1:58am On Oct 09, 2011
Oh my goodness!  You guys are taking the women proposing thing kind of serious huh?   shocked

I hate to see women actually proposing to you guys offline! shocked undecided
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 09, 2011
i plan on asking my novio to marry me in two months. grin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by MrsChima1(f): 2:48am On Oct 09, 2011
[size=44pt]FAINTED.[/size]
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Lax75(m): 3:06am On Oct 09, 2011
A woman proposing marriage to a man. Hmmm. Would she do it out in the public? Would she get on a bended knee and do it? Would she present him a ring? The questions are almost endless, but I, as a man, would be embarrassed and not feel comfortable with this at all. I think two years is enough time for me to decide whether I want to spend the rest of my life with a woman or not.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by kareality(m): 5:58am On Oct 09, 2011
hm!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by kabukabu(m): 7:34am On Oct 09, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Oh my goodness! You guys are taking the women proposing thing kind of serious huh? shocked

I hate to see women actually proposing to you guys offline! shocked undecided

If Women now like to ride their guys "on top" and "go down" on them, I don't see why proposing to a man is different? grin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by horny4u(f): 8:21am On Oct 09, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^ Done! But still cant find where it said a man should propose!. . . . You are still out of context! Admit or try again! smiley

@Sexhillz

Hypothetically lets say you have daughter you love so much and she dates a guy for 5 years [s](2 years should be the limit in my books)[/s] and tells you he has not asked so she will have to propose herself. She needs your advise on whether to go ahead and propose
What will your advise be not NL advise o, your flesh and blood advise as a fatherly guardian ?

I ask as I am always open to learning and there are many ladies reading NL now thinking they can now propose to a man i 2011 . sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 09, 2011
Well, I was always of the opinion that most of them, propose to the guy, albeit indirectly
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by dinggle: 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
mmmmmm, I no follow una talk, W.a. l. k. s a. w. a. y.
That one say make d man bear the woman name na so dem dey start after e go say make d man get belle.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2011
horny4u:

@Sexhillz

Hypothetically lets say you have daughter you love so much and she dates a guy for 5 years [s](2 years should be the limit in my books)[/s] and tells you he has not asked so she will have to propose herself. She needs your advise on whether to go ahead and propose
What will your advise be not NL advise o, your flesh and blood advise as a fatherly guardian ?

I ask as I am always open to learning and there are many ladies reading NL now thinking they can now propose to a man i 2011 . sad sad sad sad sad

The first thing i'll ask her is why? Is he shy? Why dont you ask him? I'll listen to her response on what she thinks about asking him!

Doesnt take away the fact that a lady asking a man out is Right!!! cool
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by TomFord: 9:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
Adding my 25 shillings to the discuss;
traditionally it seems wrong(i.e if the guy is from from an african nigerian background
I thinks that role of proposing to a woman depicts authority,true love by the man(considering he actually asked her out,asked her to be engaged to him)its more like the concluding part of our 'romantic journey' i.e getting to know you,what you like,ambition,expectations in the relationship e.t.c
Permit me to say proposing is like sealing the relationship built on trust e.t.c and deciding to take the next step into being one
To the question,by accepting the proposal of a lady are you not exposing yourself?
Anyway,whatever works for you but don't let your emotions cloud sound judgement
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Princek12(m): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

[size=44pt]FAINTED.[/size]

do you need me to call an ambulance to take you to the hospital?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by acheme: 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] shocked plz o is it nt d guy dat movd d motion 4 dating. He shuld b ashamed of himself
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by ochukoccna: 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2011
HELL NO!
Who's marrying who?
Otunbakay:

The best i think a lady could do is to systematically guide/engineer her man towards proposing and doing it her self is just 2 odd.
And pls note that this is a defferent thing entirely from a lady asking a guy out.
Gbam!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Wizkhalifa2(m): 2:10am On Oct 10, 2011
@OP
SHHIT HAPUNS, ALL MY GF'S ASKED ME OUT, VE NEVA ASKD A GAL OUT B4, SO ITS DEF POSSIBLE FOR A LADY TO PROPOSE TO HER MAN,
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Princek12(m): 3:24am On Oct 10, 2011
Wiz_khalifa:

@OP
SHHIT HAPUNS, ALL MY GF'S ASKED ME OUT, VE NEVA ASKD A GAL OUT B4, SO ITS DEF POSSIBLE FOR A LADY TO PROPOSE TO HER MAN,

so you wouldn't mind your girlfriend proposing to you.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by klovesh: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2011
For those saying it is 21st century and referring to the western world need to take a closer look at how long their marriages averagely last over there.

For a man not to have proposed after 5 years of dating should make us ask some questions.

A real man that is ready for marriage and knows he is with the right person will definetely propose, in fact he will do it as soon as he can

Anything that makes him not to do that means something is wrong somewhere with him.

With all the agitation for gender equality going on around, it is still worthy of note that there are fundamental differences between a man and a woman. Things as simple as men being naturally muscular and women being on the fleshy side. In essence, what I mean is that we can be said to be equal, but we are not the same

Irrespective of what religious views people may take, I want to remind us that God is the one that created marriage, and not the western world. It was in existence before they knew what it was all about. Their efforts to do things the way they want is what has led to the failure of most of their marriages today

A man will be the head of the home. A man has an hunting mentality. He should go for the person and propose. For the lady, if the man is not proposing to you, you dont need to wait for him to or beg him to. He probably has his reasons.

What I will suggest to such a lady is: Dont prospose to him. Dont force him out of it. But u can tell him that you cannot just hang around if the relationship is not leading anywhere. If he still does not do anything, then he is not ready for it. Take your break and go ahead with your life. Chikena

If a woman proposes to the man, she has taken away a fundamental role and function of a man. In fact, its only a weak man that will accept that.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by MrsChima1(f): 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2011
klovesh:

For those saying it is 21st century and referring to the western world need to take a closer look at how long their marriages averagely last over there.

For a man not to have proposed after 5 years of dating should make us ask some questions.

A real man that is ready for marriage and knows he is with the right person will definetely propose, in fact he will do it as soon as he can

Anything that makes him not to do that means something is wrong somewhere with him.

With all the agitation for gender equality going on around, it is still worthy of note that there are fundamental differences between a man and a woman. Things as simple as men being naturally muscular and women being on the fleshy side. In essence, what I mean is that we can be said to be equal, but we are not the same

Irrespective of what religious views people may take, I want to remind us that God is the one that created marriage, and not the western world. It was in existence before they knew what it was all about. Their efforts to do things the way they want is what has led to the failure of most of their marriages today

A man will be the head of the home. A man has an hunting mentality. He should go for the person and propose. For the lady, if the man is not proposing to you, you dont need to wait for him to or beg him to. He probably has his reasons.

What I will suggest to such a lady is: Dont prospose to him. Dont force him out of it. But u can tell him that you cannot just hang around if the relationship is not leading anywhere. If he still does not do anything, then he is not ready for it. Take your break and go ahead with your life. Chikena

If a woman proposes to the man, she has taken away a fundamental role and function of a man. In fact, its only a weak man that will accept that.

Blaming others for a man's flaw is not cool. A weak man is weak period regardless if a woman propose to him or not.

It take an individualistic man not to conform to cookie cutter mentality and individualistic men are rare these days.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by MrsChima1(f): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2011
kabukabu:

If Women now like to ride their guys "on top" and "go down" on them, I don't see why proposing to a man is different? grin

You are against it huh? shocked grin I don't hear other men complaining. lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Wizkhalifa2(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2011
Princek12:

so you wouldn't mind your girlfriend proposing to you.
NAH!, DATS NT MY THINGY, I WUNT WAIT 4 HER 2 PROPOSE, ITS A MAN'S JOB
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Nayah(f): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2011
Why not brother? we woman want equality, so here it is! wink
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Goldieluks: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2011
I an't imagine myself, kneeling and popping the question like '' Guy>WILL YOU MARRY ME''?
pretty odd.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Youngest Wife Thrown Out For Cheating With Popular Musician / If A Girl Visits You And Does Any Of This...it Means She Wants Sex!!! / My New Girl Friend Is A Sex Freak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.