Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

I Find It Difficult To Sleep - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Find It Difficult To Sleep (34608 Views)

Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) / Where Can I Find A Hospital With Neonatal Intensive Care Unit In Lagos? / Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by CLRF: 5:53am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
I just want to use it once to get myself back on track, not like i will be using it always...
I seriously need a deep deep sleep.. Please suggest a tablet mbok...

Don't use sleeping drug, it might eventually turns into addiction. Sometimes, sleeplessness can be caused by stress.

=>Depending on your work, try to reduce stressing yourself out
=> keep away from mobile phones or any screen any time from 9pm
=> If you are used to watching adult theme entertainment, stop
=> Have your dinner early enough
=> Take enough water during the day

Edit
On another note, Garri do make some sleep
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by 007kjb: 5:55am On Aug 05, 2023
Take two bottles of HERO BEER since you don't drink, take it around 7pm and watch yourself douse off between 9-10
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by talentR: 5:57am On Aug 05, 2023
descarado:

Somebody is not sleeping and its a mental problem.
What's wrong with you guys?

At one point in everybody's life, there must be lack of sleep. Either stress or lack k of the required body nutrients.

He did not say he is sick.

This place reeks of very anyhow people.
No wonder the serious ones have long left the forum.
When you come online to read jargon every time.

Don't be to quick to cancel people because you think you're making more sense. Be objective too, everyone is suggesting and the writer was right saying mental issues is not all about being crazy

I had similar issues years ago and it was officially an anxiety related diagnosis. I had to take prescription drugs a few days and my sleeping pattern returned near normal

Even stress can contribute to anxiety disorders! And OP was even suggesting it's been happening for months.

@DECENTBWOY visit government hospital and buy card with the money you use to buy data seeking for help from online doctors . Without expert examination, you may not even notice if your heart rate is fast for instance, or any other underlying cause

Only misinformed people think it's costlier to see a doctor.

Side-note, prescription drugs are not accessible over the counter without a doctor's note. And you may not even need one

1 Like

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by SUPOL(m): 6:00am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
Good morning nairalanders, I know its too early to post this but this issue has been troubling me for a while now.
I can't sleep, even if i eventually do, i can't stay asleep, for example if i sleep by 2am, i will wake up by 4am and thats it for that night.
It has been going on for months now, and i hardly sleep in the afternoon too..
If you observe when i made this post, I slept around 3am because today is my birthday, i was answering calls and chats from well wishers, now i am up again around 5, thats why i made this post, i am fed up...

Please can you guys suggest a very strong sleeping tablet for me? I really need to sleep and stay asleep, i mean lock everywhere up, eat, take the tablet and sleep a very deep sleep, a kind of sleep that i will not know what is happening around...

Please help a brother, i don even begin de slim like who them de squeeze blood commut for body....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUMBLE SELF BTW...
READ THE BIBLE AND YOU WILL BE SHOCKED. SATAN WILL PREFER YOU SLEEP THAN READ A SENTENCE IN THE BIBLE
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by softy(m): 6:00am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
I don't even take alcohol, I am just taking it for the sake of this sleep..

Then, don't take alcohol at all. Instead, eat a lot of fruits before bed after eating ur dinner not later than 6,30pm. Ensure u sleep by 9pm.

Off the light in your room. Dark area enhances sleep. Blank your thoughts. Silence your phone to "Mute". Drink small water

If u start taking alcohol now, before u know it, u would be addicted. Alcohol could aggravate all other problems in ur system at the long run.. Alcohol is bad for organs like lung & liver in your body.

Finally, check with Doctor. There could be underlying problems. You may have hypertension.

I wish you good health.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by obmade: 6:11am On Aug 05, 2023
Hello,

Issues around sleep can have different etiology.

We often ignore the emotional, psychological or behavioral history that might have created a pattern of poor sleep. Please speak to a therapist (psychotherapist or a competent counselor). I can recommend "Cyd sessions". Google them up. They're even on Instagram @cyd_sessions.

Please refrain from delving into self medication. I wish you the very best in your quest for a lasting solution.

Cheers.

DECENTBWOY:
Good morning nairalanders, I know its too early to post this but this issue has been troubling me for a while now.
I can't sleep, even if i eventually do, i can't stay asleep, for example if i sleep by 2am, i will wake up by 4am and thats it for that night.
If you observe when i made this post, I slept around 3am because today is my birthday, i was answering calls and chats from well wishers, now i am up again around 5, thats why i made this post, i am fed up...

Please can you guys suggest a very strong sleeping tablet for me? I really need to sleep and stay asleep, i mean lock everywhere up, eat, take the tablet and sleep a very deep sleep, a kind of sleep that i will not know what is happening around...

Please help a brother, i don even begin de slim like who them de squeeze blood commut for body....

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Davidtolu1: 6:14am On Aug 05, 2023
If you can see this post …just turn off your phone before 10:30 and go to bed …while you’re on bed relax your body and count from 50 backwards while breathing in …trust me you will sleep before you get to 10…have tried it and that’s what worked for me when I was having issue sleeping
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by BALLOSKI: 6:15am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
I will definitely try this. Though someone told me about it offline but i didn't buy it because i dont take alcohol but it seems like i don't have a choice.
find the reason why you can't sleep or get a sleep therapist to advise you on what to do. The moment you start taking anything to get to sleep, you're done with.

I remember one guy here who wanted to escape the pain of losing someone and got injection to set him to sleep, he became addicted and resorted to injecting himself because the nurse refused to administer more injections because she noticed his addiction. You needed to see how bad his hand looks because of self-injection.

Just check what it is - your system might be reacting to something. Check what you eat or drink. Hit the gym or do aerobics. Once you're tired before bedtime, you'll sleep.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Basseyabi(m): 6:18am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:

Happy birthday any way, u no tell us watin d keep u awake? If na money issues no be only u we plenty. LoL 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by blingxx(m): 6:19am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
Holly gram, what the fuvk man..
Thanks for the heads up jare, but i no de smoke o..

He didn't tell you to smoke it, he asked you to mix it with food which is actually healthy
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by omonla10(m): 6:22am On Aug 05, 2023
Go buy magnesium or magnesium and zinc combo.. It relieves anxiety and relaxes nerves which makes sleeping much easier. I'm using it presently
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by obmade: 6:24am On Aug 05, 2023
descarado:

Somebody is not sleeping and its a mental problem.
What's wrong with you guys?

At one point in everybody's life, there must be lack of sleep. Either stress or lack k of the required body nutrients.

He did not say he is sick.

This place reeks of very anyhow people.
No wonder the serious ones have long left the forum.
When you come online to read jargon every time.

Hi,

The person you quoted may not be entirely wrong.

Stress is a mental health issue. Mental health health doesn't mean "illness".

Mental Health exists as a spectrum, and can span from "healthy" to ”coping" to "struggling" to "disorder".

Also, the mind and the body are closely related. If the mind gets impacted negatively, the body could feel it and be affected. If the body gets impacted some way, the mind can get affected too (e.g. PTSD).

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by HRMK: 6:24am On Aug 05, 2023
obviously,you are fed up with life!dont you know overdose of any sleeping tablet could lead to death by not waking up from your sleep?NA U SABI!!
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Ebubu3: 6:26am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:

Sleep tablets will make you addicted
Do intensive evening exercises instead. It makes your body tired and liable to sleep.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Jones4190(m): 6:28am On Aug 05, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool na small case na..

U no need any sleeping TABLET or MAGICIAN or MUSICIAN to make u sleep..

Waiting u need na RAW WEED..

Use RAW WEED take cook better JOLLOF RICE..

Make sure say u put enough RAW WEED inside the pot of rice as e de HOT for fire..

if e don, just relax and eat..

once u eat finish.. U go just de SMILE SMILE..

Ur body go just de sweet u.. U no go even de worry about Nigerian ECONOMY..

Before 1 minute u go DOZE OFF.. u go sleep deep sleep..

Even if dem flog u 2by4, u no go wake up!

Even if dem flog u ORAIMO cord, u no go feel anything!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
this remained me when I was in the village

1 Like

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Emmasnoop(m): 6:32am On Aug 05, 2023
Get up and pray God is saying something to you be sensitive.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Iseoluwani: 6:34am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
I will definitely try this. Though someone told me about it offline but i didn't buy it because i dont take alcohol but it seems like i don't have a choice.

So because u didn't sleep and needed to sleep, u decided to take alcohol so u can sleep. Forgetting that alcohol becomes addiction. Alaye just tell us u wan take oti
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by kokorokoman: 6:34am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:

what is the use of sleep? You should be happy.
Even the two hours you sleep every night is too much.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by ejimatic: 6:34am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:

If you have anxiety or depression it will not make you sleep. If it is addiction to hard drug you will not sleep. If you are withdrawing from hard drug you will not sleep. Naturally some people have insominia. I don't know yours . However if it is anxiety or depression you may use Amitriptyline. 25 milligrams.If you sleep too much reduce it to 12.5 m. Take it at bed time at night. It does not have addiction. If it is occasional insominia Lexitan 1.5 m is good only for three days. You may be addicted to it if it is taken for a long time . Valium Five Diasepam is good too only for five days. Pls don't take Lexotan and Valium 5 together. It is overdose and an abuse of drug.
It is good to know the cause of your sleeplessness before taking drug so as to treat it well .
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by BreconHills(m): 6:34am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
I just want to use it once to get myself back on track, not like i will be using it always...
I seriously need a deep deep sleep.. Please suggest a tablet mbok...

All that sleep tablets do is to raise your melatonin which is the sleep chemical in the body. But you can easily get addicted to them - from experience.

Instead
1. Do a long walk or vigorous exercise in the evening - enough to bring up sweat ( start slowly if you haven't been sleeping well)
2. Eat a filling but light meal - don't add sodas like coke
3. Dim your lights at least 30 minutes before sleep
4. Go to you tube and find a long meditation music - nature sounds are great
5. Sleep

NB: if you have assignments or deliverables that you haven't submitted, try to do so. Clear your emotional and physical desk - clear debts or make arrangements with creditors. Remove all obligations that may shorten your deep sleep.

Sleeping tablets are not your first bus stop. All the best.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by BreconHills(m): 6:41am On Aug 05, 2023
kokorokoman:
what is the use of sleep? You should be happy.
Even the two hours you sleep every night is too much.

If you don't get at least 6-7 hours of good sleep per night here are the consequences

1. Foggy head - inability to have clear thoughts
2. Potential for high/ elevated blood pressure
3. Shortening of the Telemeres or end of dna strands - leading to reduction of life or reduction in quality of life in old age.

Good sleep is a must

2 Likes

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by chosky2589(m): 6:47am On Aug 05, 2023
Cipri Gold Or Super Appetite tablet And If You Want Sleep For A Whole Day, combine Both!
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Mhizzard(m): 6:48am On Aug 05, 2023
I will advise you not to take anything cus it will later leave all you just need to do is to endure..i had experienced it before
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by obmade: 6:51am On Aug 05, 2023
omonla10:
Go buy magnesium or magnesium and zinc combo.. It relieves anxiety and relaxes nerves which makes sleeping much easier. I'm using it presently

Have you considered exploring the underlying reasons why the anxiety exists so it can be dealt with professionally?

This is why you have therapists.

Medications can be very helpful, sometimes they do not need to be used as a first-line approach to health issues. All drugs are among xenobiotics. Xenobiotics are anything that gets into out bodies but that are foreign to the body. The body will generally approach it, cordon or confiscate it, break it down, neutralize, detoxify, and eventually evacuate it from the body. This process is long and often involve the liver and kidney.

If you constantly consume things that put so my work on the organs that are tasked to "cordon and clear", over time these organs can become hurt.

The liver for example is made up of cells that can regenerate after they are hurt. However, consistently hurting the liver, especially when the speed of the hurt is more than the speed of the liver to repair itself, the liver could become scarred and lose it's ability to function effectively.

This☝🏾☝🏾 can result in serious liver problems. If the delicate tissues of the kidneys are hurt, na wahala be that as well.

Please, medication do not need to be a first line approach, self medication is not adviceable too because of many reasons (e.g. pre-existing medical conditions of the person self-medicating, the possibility of unhealthy drug-drug interactions if the person is self-medicating while using other drugs or substances etc).

Consult a physician.

Talk to a therapist for issues around emotional, psychological, or behavioral health (which can include: Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Fears, Paranoia, Self-doubt, Self-esteem issues, Addictions, Self-Worth issues, Stress, Persistent difficulties around sleep etc). These issues can come up in love and relationships, career and academics, personal finances, routine responsibilities, health and well-being etc.

Google "Cyd sessions". They are experienced therapists.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Keedyreal: 6:54am On Aug 05, 2023
Use promate( promatazin) or piriton
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Blackdisciple(m): 6:55am On Aug 05, 2023
Happy birthday to you bro more grace....

There's something running in your mind
Weed up before going bed
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Unrated900(m): 7:01am On Aug 05, 2023
Sorry about that bro.....
Even the hardship in nigeria wont make one sleeps.
I will suggest you get a pyritin tablet,
Use malta Guinness to take it.
Within 10 minutes you are off to bed for 7 hours.
I do this often and it has been helping me.
God shall see you Through
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by fineboynl(m): 7:01am On Aug 05, 2023
Guy go to any site when they do bricklayer job. If you do that job for the first time. You fit sleep for two days straight.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by omojeesu(m): 7:04am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
nlfpmod
seun

Change your diet to plant based as much as possible

Take up to 2 liters of water a day before 6pm.

Go to bed early latest by 9pm

Stop alcohol, soft drinks, cigarettes etc if on them.

Sleep under fan or AC

Sleep with light clothing or partially naked

Get glutathione enhancer

Ask God for help
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by MeaslesMumpsRub: 7:07am On Aug 05, 2023
Smoke loud, thank me later.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by usanisiobi(m): 7:10am On Aug 05, 2023
I recommend a rest and sleep mp3 I created...
Check out this post on Nairaland and download it.

https://www.nairaland.com/7001468/verb-two-solutions-enterprise
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by 3RNEST(m): 7:11am On Aug 05, 2023
grin we Don hear..

Oya
Come to my WhatsApp Link below, let's me teach you online survey money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Multi-million Dollar Cardiology Facility Unveiled In Anambra State (photos) / 6 Healthy Ways To Gain Weight Really Fast / Meet Chidiebere Ibe, Bringing Black Illustrations To The Medical Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.