Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,383 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? (21162 Views)

In The Light Of D Economic Situation If U Marry Now How Many Children Wil U Have / How Many Children Would You Like To Have?? / Man Divorces Wife For Giving Birth To Too Many Children Like A ‘Rabbit’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2023
Icrave4u:
■ Govt should enact a law to stop families for giving birth to morethan two kids.
Most people out there cannot afford one let alone two. undecided
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2023
FROGMAN101:
Them noe dey tell person. If you like born 15 na you alone with your kaya grin
Far from it. Every body pays for it eventually! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by finallybusy: 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Or a witch who loved to torture innocent souls in order to fill the hole in her person. lipsrsealed
“Life is Short. Make Sure You Spend As Much Time As Possible on the Internet Arguing with Strangers.”
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Jul 23, 2023
Psammmy:
Sometimes it it's funny how things work in different countries.. In Finland, govt is asking citizen to give birth, it's almost daily ginggle on radio n tv, for young people to produce cos country need to grow population. I mean every child you born, is been paid monthly stipend by govt till they turn 18years. 3 years paid maternity leave for mothers or father etc.. While in Nigeria n some developing countries with poverty and no single help from govt, we dey produced children like flies
Na children be national product. grin

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
lexy2014:
■ In south Korea, it's even worse. Birth rate has declined drastically
Birth rates should reasonably decline when people the cost of having kids is not advantageous.
South Korea is the most expensive country in the world to raise a child to the age of 18, according to a recent study, a finding that provides a clear explanation for the nation's falling fertility rate and the looming population crisis.
The annual study by the Beijing-based YuWa Population Research Institute ranked South Korea top of the list of nations for raising a child, with the cost coming to 7.79 times the gross domestic product (GDP) per capita, Chosun Ilbo, a South Korean newspaper, reported. That works out as KRW365 million (€251,562, $271,957).
China is second on the list, with the cost of bringing up a child 6.9 times per capita GDP, followed by Germany at 3.64 times and France at 2.24 times.

At the same time as spending on children is rising, the number of children being born in the world's 10th largest economy is going in the other direction. Figures released in March show that the nation's fertility rate stands at 0.78, meaning that for every 100 women, just 78 babies will be born throughout their lifetimes.
That is the major reason why South Korea is having fewer kids, some even forgoing it altogether. https://www.dw.com/en/south-korea-most-expensive-country-in-world-to-raise-children/a-65669257 undecided

If your idea of raising a child in this global society we live in is giving them what you call love along with garri in poverty, you are part of the problem that is Nigeria today, and the reason why those kids raised by you have an almost 83% chance of remaining below the poverty line even in their adult years. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by hardon1(m): 11:45pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
When was the economy ever "still good"? undecided

Ideally, no body ever gives birth to a child without the intentions to properly care for the child

Imagin a man with a promising job/biz gives birth to say 7 children. The man has the means to fully cater for all the children in all remifications and he does so excellently well

And suddenly the man lost the job or the business crumbled by disaster leaving the man poorer and unable to cater. Do you expect him to kill the children, or would you say he is irresponsible for giving birth to seven children

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
hardon1:
■ Ideally, no body ever gives birth to a child without the intentions to properly care for the child
■ Imagin a man with a promising job/biz gives birth to say 7 children. The man has the means to fully cater for all the children in all remifications and he does so excellently well And suddenly the man lost the job or the business crumbled by disaster leaving the man poorer and unable to cater. Do you expect him to kill the children, or would you say he is irresponsible for giving birth to seven children
1. How does intention translate to having the actual resources sufficient for raising a kid abeg? Consider the case of the man who had 5 kids and was sleeping in an abandoned car, a story we all witnessed this week on Nairaland. Why hasn't his intentions translated too much for each of the 5 kids? undecided

2. So, this man lives paycheck to paycheck yet goes on to have 7 kids just on that? Are you kidding me? Do you think kids are meant to be raised paycheck to paycheck? Una no dey hear say dem dey cut your coat according to size? Of course, you would not expect such a foolish man to kill his children but the man already killed their chances at a good future by his poor decision to birth them all in the first place. undecided

If that man had had only 1 or two and saved up whatever he would have spent on the other 5 or 6 kids, he would have been able to have an emergency stash that would probably help him ride out the hard times for many years to come. Better yet, if the man had equally had a working wife, the two would have been able to save up enough to even guarantee the future of their one or two kids. Intentions aren't good enough when it comes to the wellbeing of another human being and yes, children are human beings, not toys! undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by coldFLARES1(m): 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2023
lexy2014:

For some strange reason or maybe due to d fact that they some how believe that they will be fine, these type of couples u mentioned are able to raise their kids d best way they can with available resources. So if I were u, I go just relax and let them enjoy their lives
. Truth is they don't entirely 'enjoy' their lives which is why we are duty-bound as the more reasonable ones to educate people, especially the ones we have filial connections with, to the dangers of unrestrained procreation.

We're it not for for blood, God knows I would have ignored my sister, but now when water don pass garri, she has to be helped to stay alive to tend to the hordes she populated the world with.

The resources can never be adequate. A lot would miss out on opportunities because of scarce resources. While even the bright ones cannot be affordable repeated trials on the journey to a chosen course in life. Not when others need some opportunities too!

Na that road we follow, and the experiences wasn't nice at all.

2 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by hardon1(m): 12:10am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. How does intention translate to having the actual resources sufficient for raising a kid abeg? Consider the case of the man who had 5 kids and was sleeping in an abandoned car, a story we all witnessed this week on Nairaland. Why hasn't his intentions translated too much for each of the 5 kids? undecided

2. So, this man lives paycheck to paycheck yet goes on to have 7 kids just on that? Are you kidding me? Do you think kids are meant to be raised paycheck to paycheck? Una no dey hear say dem dey cut your coat according to size? Of course, you would not expect such a foolish man to kill his children but the man already killed their chances at a good future by his poor decision to birth them all in the first place. undecided

If that man had had only 1 or two and saved up whatever he would have spent on the other 5 or 6 kids, he would have been able to have an emergency stash that would probably help him ride out the hard times for many years to come. Better yet, if the man had equally had a working wife, the two would have been able to save up enough to even guarantee the future of their one or two kids. Intentions aren't good enough when it comes to the wellbeing of another human being and yes, children are human beings, not toys! undecided

If a man living in penury consciously gives birth to many children, then what you are saying is valid. I would to some extent blame the man

Am just trying to draw an exception that some persons are unable to cater because they fell from grace to grace by way of disaster, ill luck, illness, incapacitation, accident etc then made them unable to provide.
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Jul 24, 2023
hardon1:
■ If a man living in penury consciously gives birth to many children, then what you are saying is valid. I would to some extent blame the man
■ Am just trying to draw an exception that some persons are unable to cater because they fell from grace to grace by way of disaster, ill luck, illness, incapacitation, accident etc then made them unable to provide.
1. Wrong! It is common sense that applies even to the rich. A rich man does not simply decide to have a child for the sake of it, nor does he consider intention enough to raise said child. He first counts the cost before deciding if having a child is beneficial or not. undecided

2. Nigeria's economy has remained in consistently bad shape for the last 40 years. Meaning that average Nigerians should expect to cycle through every one of the issues you have listed there bold every so often. So, this tale of a man living paycheck to paycheck in that same Nigeria going on to have 7 kids without first ensuring he has a safety cushion in place for the hard times, which are pretty much guaranteed to come, is a tale of a fool. undecided

Do I seriously need to remind you of the story of the grasshopper and the ant here or what? grin

6 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by RevolverOcelot(m): 12:55am On Jul 24, 2023
Its a crime to bring a kid into this world to suffer

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 12:55am On Jul 24, 2023
VTJN:
Go to correctional centres across the 36 states and FCT. 95% are raised from poor home. The rate of Yahoo Yahoo is as a result of poverty. Parents now encourage their children into cyber fraud. Before you see one single rich man child useless or wayward then millions of poor men children are already lost. An hungry child can easily be influenced. You can never raise a responsible kids without money. Stop blabbing

Offpoint. You haven't answered my questions.

1. Did I tell you that money isn't important in life?

2. What has an angry man and a hungry have to do raising a child?

3. Is the child now the hungry and angry man?

4. You personally know the kids. Do you live with them in their house that you now conclude that it is because of poverty that they are wayward?

5. Did you witness poverty making them wayward?

6. Which research did you do to have arrived at the conclusion that "You can never have a good children with poverty"?

7. How many children have you raised that made you say that "If you think you can raise a responsible kids with poverty then you must be joking"?

8. Are you saying that there are no kids from rich homes that are wayward?

9. When yahoo boys were sending kids message, where were their parents?
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 12:58am On Jul 24, 2023
coldFLARES1:
. Truth is they don't entirely 'enjoy' their lives which is why we are duty-bound as the more reasonable ones to educate people, especially the ones we have filial connections with, to the dangers of unrestrained procreation.

We're it not for for blood, God knows I would have ignored my sister, but now when water don pass garri, she has to be helped to stay alive to tend to the hordes she populated the world with.

The resources can never be adequate. A lot would miss out on opportunities because of scarce resources. While even the bright ones cannot be affordable repeated trials on the journey to a chosen course in life. Not when others need some opportunities too!

Na that road we follow, and the experiences wasn't nice at all.

I don't see how alp that negates what I said.....

For some strange reason or maybe due to d fact that they some how believe that they will be fine, these type of parents u mentioned are able to raise their kids d best way they can with available resources. So if I were u, I go just relax and let them enjoy their lives
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 1:02am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Birth rates should reasonably decline when people the cost of having kids is not advantageous.
That is the major reason why South Korea is having fewer kids, some even forgoing it altogether. https://www.dw.com/en/south-korea-most-expensive-country-in-world-to-raise-children/a-65669257 undecided

If your idea of raising a child in this global society we live in is giving them what you call love along with garri in poverty, you are part of the problem that is Nigeria today, and the reason why those kids raised by you have an almost 83% chance of remaining below the poverty line even in their adult years. undecided

When did I request for all this?
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 1:04am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Nonsense story! undecided

Can you negate it?

That's not true. These families will make do with what they have and raise their kids d best way they can. They might be drinking garri but there's love in d family, that will fill their bellies
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 1:13am On Jul 24, 2023
yemex04:
[/b]
Poor education, poor nutrition, low self esteem children & possible menace to the society.. while there can be exemption via God's Grace but at the same time "wisdom is profitable to direct" Wisdom demands that we cut our coats according to our sizes..

Which Gods grace exactly?

What has Gods grace got to do with raising kids well?

How does Gods grace give exemption?

Is being raised in a poor home the reason for low self esteem and being a menace to society?

Are poor nutrition and poor education the end of the world for a child and the parents of the child?
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Kobojunkie: 1:14am On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:
■ Can you negate it? That's not true. These families will make do with what they have and raise their kids d best way they can. They might be drinking garri but there's love in d family, that will fill their bellies
Of what tangible value is this love to this child's health, mental capacity, and future? You claim they raise the best kids, but the reality says that overall, they mostly raise the next generation to continue the poverty trend. How is that the best? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Kobojunkie: 1:17am On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:
Which Gods grace exactly? What has Gods grace got to do with raising kids well? How does Gods grace give exemption? Is being raised in a poor home the reason for low self esteem and being a menace to society? Are poor nutrition and poor education the end of the world for a child and the parents of the child?
But what that poster says is no different from what you said regarding love earlier. These are all non-tangible ideas that differ from person to person, yet you claimed it was the way to raise the "best". undecided

1 Like

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 1:17am On Jul 24, 2023
yemex04:

@ the bolded.
Beyond what keeps them going, it's more of the menace children with poor up bringing without proper education cause the society.. I tell you this situation contributes immensely to why Nigeria is poor because such families depend much on what the Government can do

You didn't answer the question and neither has your comment negated a single word in my comment below.

It isn't sarcasm. It's not just a fact, it's the truth. Raising a family goes just beyond all these expectations u have. Whether u like it or not, many kids will be raised in poor homes where they don't have everything. What do you think keeps those families going?

Children being wayward isn't just a function of finances. It is a function of good values. A parent being poor does not necessarily mean he or she can't impart good values in their child.

So guy put away all these your idealistic theories. Life is more dynamic than that especially for parents/families.

How does the situation contribute to why Nigeria is poor?

How much does the govt do for poor families that you claim that is d reason why nigeria is poor?
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 1:20am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But what that poster says is no different from what you said regarding love earlier. These are all non-tangible ideas that differ from person to person, yet you claimed it was the way to raise the "best". undecided

How is grace of God the same thing as a parents love for a child?

Does poverty prevent a parent from showing love to their child?

Can you produce for me were you say I "claimed it was the way to raise the "best"?
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 1:25am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Of what tangible value is this love to this child's health, mental capacity, and future? You claim they raise the best kids, but the reality says that overall, they mostly raise the next generation to continue the poverty trend. How is that the best? undecided

Can you produce for me where you say I "claim they raise the best kids"?

What reality are you talking about?

Who raises a child without love?

How does a parent function as a parent devoid of love?

How is a child's mental capacity, future and health catered for without love from the parents?

What do you think keeps a home together?
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Kobojunkie: 1:36am On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:
■ Can you produce for me you say I "claim they raise the best kids"?What reality are you talking about? Who raises a child without love? How does a parent function as a parent devoid of love? How is a child's mental capacity, future and health catered for without love from the parents? What do you think keeps a home together?
Nonsense! Go ask that question of the many orphans raised in orphanages, provided with all necessary to build their mental capacity, health, and future, by complete strangers. Many, if not all of them abandoned in poverty by the supposedly loving parents you speak of. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Kobojunkie: 1:43am On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:
■ How is grace of God the same thing as a parents love for a child?
■ Does poverty prevent a parent from showing love to their child? Can you produce for me were you say I "claimed it was the way to raise the "best"?
If the one who claims the grace of god in poverty believes it is sufficient to give a child drinking garri alone for sustenance while the one who claims love for the child in poverty does the exact same, what is the difference between the two of them? undecided

2. Grace of god and love do not provide real solutions to real problems faced by children raised in poverty. Both hold no real value when weighed against poverty. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Gerrard59(m): 2:10am On Jul 24, 2023
ednut1:
people without resources should be sterilized after two kids. Bunch of irresponsible people .
See below from a Facebook group . A useless woman with 5 children already and struggling is looking for how to give birth to a son 🤣

Na why I dey talk say after Hausas/Fulanis, Igbos should be next when it comes to having plenty children.

Sha, the five girls na raw materials for the hookup industry.

5 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by Donpenny(m): 4:33am On Jul 24, 2023
Even when economy is good don't give birth to more than two children and make sure you have a good job or source of income to cater for them. Nigeria have one of the most unstable economy in the world.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by djon78(m): 4:55am On Jul 24, 2023
CuriousStudent:
Not only many children but getting married as well.
We only caution about birthing children but never marriage. When we know that it is not possible for a naija man to be living with his wife without pregnancy entering . When you marry,pressures from womb checkers push you to birth children even if you planned not to.

So in all avoid marriage if you don't earn well. But no,our naija brothers will cry and roll in sand if told they are not financially stable enough to have a wife

😂😂🤣 Shebi cry and roll in sand

What you said is true

Honestly I am sorry for those raising children now with less mean
It's terrible torture

My boss an extremely wealthy man has 3 children
2 girls and a boy
They are all in Secondary School

He Gives them the best of everything

They will definitely go for holidays overseas this summer
They don't miss it during long vacation

Then a poor man that can't feed his family will keep on birthing children everywhere

While the Rich that can afford plenty children birth very few

It's very very surprising

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by djon78(m): 5:00am On Jul 24, 2023
Icrave4u:
Govt should enact a law to stop families for giving birth to morethan two kids.

According to statistics released by all these international agencies

Nigeria's population by 2050 will be around 450 to 500 million people

2050 will be next 27 years
Most of us here should be in our late fifties, sixties and seventies

Now we are 200 million people are crying 😭😭

Wonder how 2050 will be?

4 Likes

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by djon78(m): 5:08am On Jul 24, 2023
VTJN:
Go to correctional centres across the 36 states and FCT. 95% are raised from poor home. The rate of Yahoo Yahoo is as a result of poverty. Parents now encourage their children into cyber fraud. Before you see one single rich man child useless or wayward then millions of poor men children are already lost. An hungry child can easily be influenced. You can never raise a responsible kids without money. Stop blabbing

I totally agree with you

Many poor people presently are raising irresponsible children

Many of them don't train there children well

Wasn't like this before
The Poor people before raised responsible children that do well in school and turn around there families fortune

But now many of them raise serious irresponsible, untrained children

I see it everywhere

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by yemex04(m): 6:10am On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:

You didn't answer the question and neither has your comment negated a single word in my comment below.

It isn't sarcasm. It's not just a fact, it's the truth. Raising a family goes just beyond all these expectations u have. Whether u like it or not, many kids will be raised in poor homes where they don't have everything. What do you think keeps those families going?

Children being wayward isn't just a function of finances. It is a function of good values. A parent being poor does not necessarily mean he or she can't impart good values in their child.

So guy put away all these your idealistic theories. Life is more dynamic than that especially for parents/families.

How does the situation contribute to why Nigeria is poor?

How much does the govt do for poor families that you claim that is d reason why nigeria is poor?

Happy birthday to you sir. 🚶🚶🚶🚶🚶
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by yemex04(m): 6:11am On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:

Which Gods grace exactly?

What has Gods grace got to do with raising kids well?

How does Gods grace give exemption?

Is being raised in a poor home the reason for low self esteem and being a menace to society?

Are poor nutrition and poor education the end of the world for a child and the parents of the child?

Good luck Baba.. Whatever suits you sir.
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by 9jaRealist: 6:14am On Jul 24, 2023
ibechris:
Having many children in a bad economy can lead to various consequences, including:

1. Financial strain: A bad economy often implies limited job opportunities, lower wages, and increased unemployment rates. Raising a large family in such circumstances can impose a significant financial burden on parents, as they struggle to meet basic needs like food, clothing, education, healthcare, and housing for every child.

2. Limited resources: With a bad economy, resources become scarce, and families with many children may struggle to provide adequate resources for each child. This can result in compromises on education, healthcare, and extracurricular activities, affecting the overall development and opportunities available to the children.

3. Increased poverty: Raising many children in a bad economy can push families into poverty or exacerbate their existing poverty. Poverty affects the quality of life of both parents and children, leading to inadequate nutrition, lack of access to healthcare, housing instability, and limited opportunities for upward social mobility.

4. Limited future prospects: In a bad economy, parents may struggle to save money for their children's future needs, such as college expenses or starting a career. This can limit the opportunities available to the children and hinder their ability to break out of the cycle of poverty in the long term.

5. Education challenges: A bad economy often impacts the education sector, leading to budget cuts, reduced resources, and overcrowded classrooms. Children from large families may face difficulties in accessing quality education due to limited financial and academic support, potentially affecting their future prospects.

6. Strained emotional well-being: Financial stress and the inability to provide for all children's needs can lead to increased parental stress and tensions within the family. Children may also experience higher stress levels due to the lack of resources, witnessing their parents' struggles, or feeling neglected or overlooked.

7. Limited parental time and attention: Raising many children demands substantial time and attention from parents. In a bad economy, where parents may need to dedicate more time to work or multiple jobs to make ends meet, the ability to provide individual attention, support, and guidance to every child may be compromised.

It's important to note that these consequences can vary depending on factors such as the specific economic conditions, the social support available, and the resilience and adaptability of both parents and children.

The POOREST Nigerians seem to have the most kids… embarassed

Our former maiguard had over 20 kids - and counting!
When in this 21st century, no adult can rationally claim ignorance of condoms (or even the “pull out” method)! SMH
>
Re: Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? by lexy2014: 6:17am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If the one who claims the grace of god in poverty gives believes it is sufficient to give a child drinking garri alone for sustenance while the one who equally claims love for the child in poverty does the exact same, what is the difference between the two of them? undecided

2. Grace of god and love do not provide real solutions to real problems faced by children raised in poverty. Both of them hold no real value when weighed against poverty. undecided

Offpoint.

1. How is grace of God the same thing as a parents love for a child?

2. Does poverty prevent a parent from showing love to their child? Can you produce for me were you say I "claimed it was the way to raise the "best"?

3. Can you produce for me were you say I "claimed it was the way to raise the "best"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Men Scared Of Getting Married / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House / Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.