Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,961 members, 7,810,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships (32007 Views)

Many Young Girl Mentality. / Many Young Guys Were Disvirgined By Prostitutes In Nigeria / Why Are So Many Young Ladies Running Mad Lately? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by flokii: 9:08pm On Jul 22, 2023
Relationships can be draining not to talk of marriage.. go and check stats and see young men and women who never thought of suicide in their lives become suicidal after marriage that they require so many counselling and advice to scale through.
Then there is individuality.. the fear of getting entangled with an unfaithful partner alone is enough reason for young men and women to stay off relationships.. you'll hear things like.. make everybody dey their dey.

The social media fake life, lewd and misleading song lyrics, love for material things etc. are making matters far worse.. that fine girl has expectations from the young man still struggling to survive in the prevailing harsh economy. It is well even inside the well.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Anabosee(m): 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
Its really annoying like if you look many girls or women status on SM, none de complain about the economy and many still avoid this thread.

It's terrible.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by gladdensir(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
grin grin grin Big O.G

Utanisco:
I dey ashaowo house
As you de post this shit

Delete this shit post
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Nehyooh(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
as an introvert, can't deal with all the stress that comes with making friends with females and all the stress that comes with it, the wooing blabla

I fvck ashawo 3times a month with a total of 3k-4k

I cant kill myself

I save also
grin
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Anabosee(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
gladdensir:
grin grin grin Big O.G

I swear I for de brothel too, but I hardly cum with CD, if not eh, I for never get reach 4 ex girlfriends sef.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by nurudeen181(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
jeff1993:
May Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships favor me and my family
are you humanoid?
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by PricelessGem1: 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2023
Apart from economy hardships, a lot of people enter into a relationship with strange motives. Like a lot of people have said, gold-digging is one key thing that both the female and male gender are guilty of. I was trying to enter into a relationship with someone that could possibly lead to marriage, all the guy was interested in was my money. At 38, he was not even a graduate, all he had was SSCE not even an OND, he had no business or employment, he was living in a one room which he could not even afford the rent. He was constantly weighing me down with his endless problems and needs. To make matters worse, he had bad temper and bad attitude. I quickly ended the relationship before going far with him and also blocked him. A lot of people enter into relationships with the wrong motive.

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by HALCYON44: 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
Because this generation has realised that it's a black market where nothing is sure. You put woman for house they will mostly turn out to hunt the man after you use your life to serve them or pursue their curse of creation. At the end you got dumped and they prefer to love the kids over their father

4 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by TikiManner: 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
There is no money we are suffering.
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Adakintroy: 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2023
KennethEnyi:

We dey here, we no dey here...E no concern us aswr

You De here Now answer. He concern you.

When you no De here you no go De here. then truly he no go concern you. For now you De here so reason like who De here first.

How you take come?

1 Like

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by KennethEnyi(m): 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
Adakintroy:

You De here Now answer. He concern you.

When you no De here you no go De here. then truly he no go concern you. For now you De here so reason like who De here first.

How you take come?

Actually that one make sense sha😂😂

As long as we're here

1 Like

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Cassandraloius: 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
yemi1504:

Abi

Yes o
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Sniper101(m): 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
With how hard the economy is biting down on everyone everywhere, a guy would now go ask a Babe out? A Babe who CANNOT promise giving 100% loyalty in the relationship?

abeg o, make girlfriend materials dem park go one side.
so far hookup Babes never finish for SM, guys go dey alright.

6 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Tonytonex(m): 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
franchasofficia:
Bad economy
Unemployment
Underemployment

Fear of the future

All of the above is as a result of useless, failed President and Governors like Bola Tinubu that failed Nigeria and Nigerians since 1970
what is the difference between the bolded?
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Intergrated: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
Ade3131:
Have you seen ladies complaining about the price of fuel or the impact of subsidy removal?

Check people's status on your WhatsApp and Facebook, you'll notice the people complaining are men. If that doesn't tell you why men aren't going into relationship, sorry I might not be able to tell you how to use your tongue to count your teeth.
many still dey dance and upload yansh video . Very strange human beings. With the high cost of everything them still get time they TikTok. And shake smelling yansh for status.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Westernlove: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
Anabosee:
Its really annoying like if you look many girls or women status on SM, none de complain about the economy and many still avoid this thread.

It's terrible.

They are all Flocking around those who have Kept you as SLAVEs and will continue to keep you as SLAVEs.

So why would they complain when there are enough SLAVEs who would gladly fund their lifestylegrin

Na you wey no get breast and vageena go dey complain nowgrin

Have you ever Pondered on the amount of men working for Dangote?? And it goes on and on lolgrin

Na You men Una dey do Unaselves.

6 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Westernlove: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2023
Intergrated:
many still dey dance and upload yansh video . Very strange human beings. With the high cost of everything them still get time they TikTok. And shake smelling yansh for status.

There is high tendency that your useless potbelly boss paying you peanut salary might be among the ones currently funding them.

So they literally have nothing to worry about.

I have seen some useless men owing their already impoverished workers salaries and yet they still went on to bought Cars for their useless concubinesgrin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Badadvisor: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2023
easytig grin grin:
The mumu I dated last year wanted me to assist with shop rent of over 150k,she started giving me drama,I message am,she no go reply,dey form wetin I know no,as if I follow am use the shop make money,like play like play I quietly discharge myself from the affair.though her kpekus was tight and neat lol.still miss it tho
My bro grin
Same thing o she say she Wan start perfume business say she need support imagine I just lowkey discharge her 😂

5 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Patiks: 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
Savedday2:
The bottom line is all 9ja girls are ashawo both the ones forming GF or church girl. They are all the same.

The fact that you have never caught your babe doing ashawo, doesn't mean she is not an ashawo

I hope you realize that you just said you are the offspring of a who're for a mother as well as a relative of very lazy and useless who'res for sisters and other females in your family.

Just because the females in your family are the epitome of poverty and whoredom does not make a whole nation to be so.

Receive sense and stop disgracing your lineage up and down.
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Fiscus105(m): 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
BabaIbo:

Just see your level of reasoning, some single guys are not married because they are afraid of marrying wrong.

Many of them who are doing well as single men don't want situations where they will start having issues i.e doing bad and all that when they are married, as a result of that they tend to take time before finally settling down for those that later chose to marry.

No be all of them dey single because of sex, dey reason well sometimes.

Young guys are afraid to marry wrong? Ok ooo, dnt know naija Young guys are perfect been ooo.

Indeed, mere look at your post on Marriage, with title, ....of what benefits is Marriage to man! I know u need clinical psychologist for your mental health.

Thanks God u yourself admitted in your past post that people around you, have started worry about u in recent time
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Ade3131: 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
Intergrated:

🤣😂😅😆😁😄

More like a different specie of human... And we must marry them o
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by hardon1(m): 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
It's because pussy is readily available for money
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Intergrated: 11:59pm On Jul 22, 2023
Westernlove:

There is high tendency that your useless potbelly boss paying you peanut salary might be among the ones currently funding them.

So they literally have nothing to worry about.

I have seen some useless men owing their already impoverished workers salaries and yet they still went on to bought Cars for their useless concubinesgrin
trust me the type my boss would be giving money won't be doing stuffs like that. Is the once that stay 15 in a room in Lagos that do those stuffs.
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by karkinase(m): 1:19am On Jul 23, 2023
The Nigerian dating scene is in crisis… guys would still leave all the women in this country and go marry from other Nationalities cos problem of our ladies is just too much..

1 Like

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Gerrard59(m): 2:48am On Jul 23, 2023
Firstly, it is a global phenomenon, not only Nigerian. Across East Asia, young people are postponing marriages till late in their lives because of the cost of living, low salaries, competitive societies, and a rise in individualism. Within the past decade, people across the rich world have realised they can live alone without a partner or soulmate. This is creeping into poorer nations via social media. However, unlike their rich world counterpart, there exist no social or government support or incentives to solve certain issues.

So, it is not only Nigeria where young people are marrying late or deciding not to enter relationships. In South Korea, which has the lowest birth rate globally, young women are putting off marriage, ditto young men for varying reasons. In Singapore, it is the same thing, although the government literally forces most young people to marry because public housing is tied to marital status.
P.S. 80%+ Singaporeans live in public housing.

In Japan, it is the same thing. Young people are marrying late because of the high cost of living and the stressful lives they have lived since infancy. The same in China, where there is growing youth unemployment. Mind you, these nationalities have responsive governments which are trying to solve the problems. The South Korean government has spent over $200BN to solve her low birth rate issue, all to no avail. The Chinese government always ensures the economy grows, even if na 3% per year, so that jobs will be created.

Across the West, the same holds with even greater individualism. Young people in Italy and Spain are literally not marrying AT ALL due to extremely low wages and high youth unemployment. Just as Nigerian youths japa to the UK, young Italians and Spaniards japa to richer EU countries, with some even relocating to their cousins in South America. The marriage rate and birth rate amongst US citizens have plummeted. The same in Canada due to high housing costs, and many young Canadians are moving elsewhere, especially to the US.

So as you can see, it is a global phenomenon. Others like Thailand, Indonesia and India are experiencing declining birth rates. So, it is not a Nigerian women or girls problem, but a global re-orientation towards how life is.

Then to this thread as it concerns Nigeria:

1.Half the posters whining up there campaigned and voted for Tinubu. So, I do not know why you people are complaining about the cost of living when you voted for Tinubu. You people displayed brutish tribalism and then are surprised that things turned out for worse. It is a major reason I don’t pity most Nigerians. Honestly, I don’t pity any of you. In fact, it gives me joy seeing you people, especially the men in Nigeria, suffer. Yes, I get delighted that you baboons are suffering. I like seeing foolish people suffer from their foolish decisions.

That said, I recalled a thread where someone said the rate of girls from poorer homes going into hookup would skyrocket after Tinubu was declared the winner. As usual, most Nlders disagreed with him. But here it is: there is a link between women going into prostitution in large numbers and economic meltdown. The rate of middle age women going into prostitution in the UK has increased ever since the Financial Crises in 2008/9. As I preached for donkey months, if you don’t want your women to succumb to hookup, do well to ensure your society is prosperous. That is why the Singaporean elites work tirelessly to ensure jobs are created, and when these jobs are created, they ensure Singaporeans are considered FIRST through different policies. That is what you as the men, since most replies are from men, do in every functioning society.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Gerrard59(m): 2:54am On Jul 23, 2023
2. Conversely, both men and women in Nigeria are still getting married. ALMOST all my female classmates in the university are married. The same applies to my secondary school. Both those who flirted a lot and the prudish ones. Dem don marry. The male seniors in my department are also married and have children. I can count those who are unmarried. Some don born reach three children. Others don lock up at two children. This also applies to Facebook friends that are mutual of friends. They are married or are in serious relationships. So, check your environment. In fact, as I write, one has proposed to the love of his life. When I see these things and compare them with what I read here, there is a stark difference. If people are not marrying as you say, who uses event centres every Saturday? Why are there naming ceremonies every Sunday (children born out of wedlock don’t get such privilege)?

3. One clown stated that Nigerian women are obviously useless, just like your mother and every female in your household. Foolish men who are after drinking shekpe and smoking colos would access the Internet to start yarning nonsense. He plans to marry an American, Canadian or European. Meanwhile, his counterparts are in the UK, US, Canada, Germany, and Japan and have realised it is better to marry a Nigerian woman. His compatriots in the UK have told others to knack o before moving to the UK. Others in Canada are moving to Nigeria because the team foreign women they thought would embrace them are actually not interested in Nigerian men or marriage at all. One idiot on Twitter was pained when a Mongolian woman told him she cannot marry a black man. Every day, I am told I should marry a Nigerian girl instead of a foreign lady, even when I am open to all cultures or races. Nigerian men thought they were the best thing since sliced bread moved abroad and finally realised that the only black men prized were either home-grown or African Americans. But nincompoops somewhere in Iyana Ipaja are hoping that they can marry young Europeans aka Swiss, Norwegians, Danish etc. The other day, another clown used his filthy hands to type that Swiss girls are doing hookup in Nigeria. Swiss? Idiots! Give a Nigerian man access to the Internet and watch him vomit nonsense. Useless set of animals.

If they are not doing masturbation, they are following small small girls. One travelled from Leeds to Scotland to sleep with an underage girl. The other day, another bastard was caught in Northern Ireland trying to sleep with a 14-year-old. In Kazakhstan, they banned Nigerians because the useless men were caught sleeping with underage girls. Useless, both at home and abroad. Never useful, always useless.

4. Oh! Why are women not commenting? It is pointless because if they do, their opinions are never regarded or they are bullied to be silent. A page I follow on Facebook controlled by a man posted an image from Twitter with content from a man about how women don’t bill richer men like they do with regular dudes. A female posted that a single sum from a rich man surpasses monies from a regular guy. Come and see a barrage of insults and comments from poor men simply because she said her mind. I was shocked reading the comments because her reply was harmless. But rather than face the politicians they voted for, they turned their frustration to the lady. Recalling the incident still stuns me because I don’t understand the frustration. So there you have it on why many females will rather close up than comment. Why respond to cretinous fvcktards whose brains have been affected by trekking like camels? Allow them to whine.

In summary, I implore young Nigerian women to work hard, and if it involves hookup, be very strategic at it. Bill the men very high. Don’t pity them. Charge them very high prices. They love sex more than anything else. Take it as a business. Get a ten-year passport, try to japa LEGALLY. Explore the world, and be open to other nationalities and races. Don’t believe your best catch is a Nigerian man living in Nigeria. There is a lot out there. Information is easily accessible. The Internet is free. Don’t allow comments from idiats and donkeys here to bully you to mediocrity. In other parts of the world, their men ensure things work. If possible, marry those men. It is not your responsibility to make a society function optimally. So, don’t be gaslighted or guilted by these cretins and monkeys that you want the best in life.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by blesdman(m): 5:19am On Jul 23, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
For PH nau
Where you dey?
I de PH, where in PH...?
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:25am On Jul 23, 2023
blesdman:
I de PH, where in PH...?
wow,really
I dey stay Harbour road, after Lagos bustop
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by blesdman(m): 5:26am On Jul 23, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
wow,really

I dey stay Harbour road, after Lagos bustop
Babes full Lagos busstop u mean?
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Anabosee(m): 5:29am On Jul 23, 2023
Gerrard59:
2. Conversely, both men and women in Nigeria are still getting married. ALMOST all my female classmates in the university are married. The same applies to my secondary school. Both those who flirted a lot and the prudish ones. Dem don marry. The male seniors in my department are also married and have children. I can count those who are unmarried. Some don born reach three children. Others don lock up at two children. This also applies to Facebook friends that are mutual of friends. They are married or are in serious relationships. So, check your environment. In fact, as I write, one has proposed to the love of his life. When I see these things and compare them with what I read here, there is a stark difference. If people are not marrying as you say, who uses event centres every Saturday? Why are there naming ceremonies every Sunday (children born out of wedlock don’t get such privilege)?

3. One clown stated that Nigerian women are obviously useless, just like your mother and every female in your household. Foolish men who are after drinking shekpe and smoking colos would access the Internet to start yarning nonsense. He plans to marry an American, Canadian or European. Meanwhile, his counterparts are in the UK, US, Canada, Germany, and Japan and have realised it is better to marry a Nigerian woman. His compatriots in the UK have told others to knack o before moving to the UK. Others in Canada are moving to Nigeria because the team foreign women they thought would embrace them are actually not interested in Nigerian men or marriage at all. One idiot on Twitter was pained when a Mongolian woman told him she cannot marry a black man. Every day, I am told I should marry a Nigerian girl instead of a foreign lady, even when I am open to all cultures or races. Nigerian men thought they were the best thing since sliced bread moved abroad and finally realised that the only black men prized were either home-grown or African Americans. But nincompoops somewhere in Iyana Ipaja are hoping that they can marry young Europeans aka Swiss, Norwegians, Danish etc. The other day, another clown used his filthy hands to type that Swiss girls are doing hookup in Nigeria. Swiss? Idiots! Give a Nigerian man access to the Internet and watch him vomit nonsense. Useless set of animals.

If they are not doing masturbation, they are following small small girls. One travelled from Leeds to Scotland to sleep with an underage girl. The other day, another bastard was caught in Northern Ireland trying to sleep with a 14-year-old. In Kazakhstan, they banned Nigerians because the useless men were caught sleeping with underage girls. Useless, both at home and abroad. Never useful, always useless.

4. Oh! Why are women not commenting? It is pointless because if they do, their opinions are never regarded or they are bullied to be silent. A page I follow on Facebook controlled by a man posted an image from Twitter with content from a man about how women don’t bill richer men like they do with regular dudes. A female posted that a single sum from a rich man surpasses monies from a regular guy. Come and see a barrage of insults and comments from poor men simply because she said her mind. I was shocked reading the comments because her reply was harmless. But rather than face the politicians they voted for, they turned their frustration to the lady. Recalling the incident still stuns me because I don’t understand the frustration. So there you have it on why many females will rather close up than comment. Why respond to cretinous fvcktards whose brains have been affected by trekking like camels? Allow them to whine.

In summary, I implore young Nigerian women to work hard, and if it involves hookup, be very strategic at it. Bill the men very high. Don’t pity them. Charge them very high prices. They love sex more than anything else. Take it as a business. Get a ten-year passport, try to japa LEGALLY. Explore the world, and be open to other nationalities and races. Don’t believe your best catch is a Nigerian man living in Nigeria. There is a lot out there. Information is easily accessible. The Internet is free. Don’t allow comments from idiats and donkeys here to bully you to mediocrity. In other parts of the world, their men ensure things work. If possible, marry those men. It is not your responsibility to make a society function optimally. So, don’t be gaslighted or guilted by these cretins and monkeys that you want the best in life.
This one na press conference or convention.
Most of us here didn't support the current president to power.
The area wey I de now, the popular event centers for here never get booking for marriage for a long time, na children graduation dem run last.

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:30am On Jul 23, 2023
blesdman:

Babes full Lagos busstop u mean?
i no dey babes oooo, I no get all those energy and plenty money to dey give PH babes, na ashawo house wey dey Victoria street off Lagos bustop I dey always go
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by blesdman(m): 5:44am On Jul 23, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
i no dey babes oooo, I no get all those energy and plenty money to dey give PH babes, na ashawo house wey dey Victoria street off Lagos bustop I dey always go
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stevin Babyking Dating 85-Year-Old White Woman, Blasts Haters (photos) / The simplicity of getting married. / At Age 23 Still Scared Of Asking A Girl Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.