Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships (32038 Views)

Many Young Girl Mentality. / Many Young Guys Were Disvirgined By Prostitutes In Nigeria / Why Are So Many Young Ladies Running Mad Lately? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by blesdman(m): 5:46am On Jul 23, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
i no dey babes oooo, I no get all those energy and plenty money to dey give PH babes, na ashawo house wey dey Victoria street off Lagos bustop I dey always go
All types and sizes abi? Not underaged o.... 😂
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:09am On Jul 23, 2023
yes ooo, all sizes, no underage there at all

I no dey nack ashawo wey less than 35 self

The woman wey there na 40 and above

Them go open ham wella for you their puna dey hot like 🔥 😂 😂 ..

where you dey
blesdman:

All types and sizes abi? Not underaged o.... 😂
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by sharone21(f): 6:17am On Jul 23, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
I'm 31 and I know what I'm saying,

extroverts can easily make friends with anyone seemlessly, but it's otherwise for we introverts

where I'm serving I keep to myself and don't talk to anyone

they are afraid of me

I'm not forcing it though

When the time comes for me to marry, it won't go effortlessly, I won't stress myself out to be hunting for women to date, never

Still shaking my head concerning what u wrote.

So, with that chicken change, u hope to get a girl that is medically clean to some extent, abi she won't treat / prevent/ herself from diseases/ stupid pregnancies?

In health circles, the true beauty of a person is in their medical fitness, do u go with kits to ensuring they are safe for u .....And u men as mostly sex addicts/ maniacs despite hungry status will still spread this to other innocent girls or even future fiancee.... God help us all. Must u have sex? U go just carry sickness all in the name of fulfilling your flesh and make woman no chop my money.... Or u don't know that even condom bursts?

Why do mostly men here have disgusting monikers, including those putting ( f) when they are M?
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:28am On Jul 23, 2023
sharone21:

Still shaking my head concerning what u wrote.

So, with that chicken change, u hope to get a girl that is medically clean to some extent, abi she won't treat / prevent/ herself from diseases/ stupid pregnancies?

In health circles, the true beauty of a person is in their medical fitness, do u go with kits to ensuring they are safe for u .....And u men as mostly sex addicts/ maniacs despite hungry status will still spread this to other innocent girls or even future fiancee.... God help us all. Must u have sex? U go just carry sickness all in the name of fulfilling your flesh and make woman no chop my money.... Or u don't know that even condom bursts?

Why do mostly men here have disgusting monikers, including those putting ( f) when they are M?
what I typed up there with your response doesn't correspond

I don't know who you're

stay off my mentions,okay

1 Like

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by sharone21(f): 6:31am On Jul 23, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
what I typed up there with your response doesn't correspond

please kindly stay off my mentions,okay

Sorry oooo.... E be like say u no no say even mature woman can get pregnant even up to 55yrs...... Anyway, your life ....your choice..... Help keep Naija sickness free.

Bye
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:01am On Jul 23, 2023
sharone21:

Sorry oooo.... E be like say u no no say even mature woman can get pregnant even up to 55yrs...... Anyway, your life ....your choice..... Help keep Naija sickness free.

Bye
at least they better than all these entitled small girls that thinks they are doing one's favor for dating them

and if the 55 year old get pregnant, she will give birth of course, so who cares ?
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by vickydevoka(m): 7:22am On Jul 23, 2023
flokii:
Relationships can be draining not to talk of marriage.. go and check stats and see young men and women who never thought of suicide in their lives become suicidal after marriage that they require so many counselling and advice to scale through.
Then there is individuality.. the fear of getting entangled with an unfaithful partner alone is enough reason for young men and women to stay off relationships.. you'll hear things like.. make everybody dey their dey.

The social media fake life, lewd and misleading song lyrics, love for material things etc. are making matters far worse.. that fine girl has expectations from the young man still struggling to survive in the prevailing harsh economy. It is well even inside the well.
Unfaithful partner is not a lady’s biggest problem but poverty

1 Like

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Fredoh(m): 7:28am On Jul 23, 2023
IyanuDeb:
now you are talking

Gangan! You’ve been identified Sir‼️
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Fredoh(m): 7:31am On Jul 23, 2023
ecolime:
It's Southern youths that are not in relationships neither are they getting married.

Despite the economic downturn, our Northern counterparts dey wed from age 15 and they birth 5 to 10 kids.

In the next 50 years, Northerners and Almajiris will overrun the entire country just the way Blacks are gradually overrunning France.

People dey JAPA, youths no gree marry, yet Nigeria's population is doubling. Think about it.

I like your thinking‼️

1 Like

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Nato008(m): 7:36am On Jul 23, 2023
beyep:
U say i love u i want u in my life.
Wrong words, dem start to hungry, money for hair no data no food no money for transport, feeding n taking care of a grown up woman.

Omo imagine one telling me one of her love languages is financial assistance....lmao, because I resemble npower

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Godsonkemz(m): 7:37am On Jul 23, 2023
Rapmoney:
Don't be fooled by social media. Many young people in Nigeria are not in relationships. This includes both male and female genders. It is even worse for people who are above 30 due to so many financial expectations, commitments, bills over bills, poor economy, terrible hard-hitting economic policies by the government, high level of unemployment and inflation. Young people are becoming more withdrawn. There is a fast decline in our social life; I mean how we interact with one another face to face. It will amaze you to know the number of young people who see their electronic gadgets as their partners.

It is pertinent to note that the above mentioned problems have caused a chain reaction in the society where young women now prefer hookup to dating...sex business aka 'If you give me cash, I'll give you the Bermuda Triangle'. You cannot separate poverty/economic hardship from a socially and culturally warped society.

Which way Nigerian youths?

You highlighted so many facts why Nigerian youths are not in a relationship. I used to think I'm the only one not in a relationship but your post has just confirmed it as general phenomenal. The billing aspect of it by ladies who are not yet married to one makes it more crazy to be in a relationship. One lazy and naive girl once said to me you should be happy you had someone billing on me. I replied yes if you are my wife and not when you're so lazy to add value to yourself by acquiring skills other than depending on your degree alone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by handsomeyitayo(m): 7:37am On Jul 23, 2023
Anabosee:
My girl tell me say I nor de treat her like queen. Even though I made her cum 3 times.

She still tell me say her ex de give her his atm card to buy anything she like.

The relationship finished

You see she said that , even that one they treat her like queen, Bec he dey give atm card, and she left him for you, girls will never get satisfied... Nah only God go giv us our heart desires

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by AskNgige2: 7:43am On Jul 23, 2023
beyep:
U say i love u i want u in my life.
Wrong words, dem start to hungry, money for hair no data no food no money for transport, feeding n taking care of a grown up woman.

Imagine I sent 500 data being gig for a lady I am yet to meet physical, we met via Facebook.. she is telling me I should not have sent 5h data for 1gig, cos it's too small for her.. omo naso I now down

1 Like

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Wodu89: 7:44am On Jul 23, 2023
PricelessGem1:
Apart from economy hardships, a lot of people enter into a relationship with strange motives. Like a lot of people have said, gold-digging is one key thing that both the female and male gender are guilty of. I was trying to enter into a relationship with someone that could possibly lead to marriage, all the guy was interested in was my money. At 38, he was not even a graduate, all he had was SSCE not even an OND, he had no business or employment, he was living in a one room which he could not even afford the rent. He was constantly weighing me down with his endless problems and needs. To make matters worse, he had bad temper and bad attitude. I quickly ended the relationship before going far with him and also blocked him. A lot of people enter into relationships with the wrong motive.

You're wrong. I discern in my spirit he's your assignment. That's how you ladies misinterpret Heaven's intent. If you form him into the frame he should be, you'll have a loyal partner for life. It's not gold digging. It's washing. Fyi, I never accept money from any female to avoid such kind of talks
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by maasoap(m): 8:01am On Jul 23, 2023
Anabosee:
My girl tell me say I nor de treat her like queen. Even though I made her cum 3 times.

She still tell me say her ex de give her his atm card to buy anything she like.

The relationship finished

That's how it is these days, don't think it is just about your girl only. That's what majority of them are doing. They would be in new relationship but would still be communicating with their exs asking for money to buy food, data and call credits. And they even take pride in it because they don't hide it

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by maasoap(m): 8:05am On Jul 23, 2023
Wodu89:

You're wrong. I discern in my spirit he's your assignment. That's how you ladies misinterpret Heaven's intent. If you form him into the frame he should be, you'll have a loyal partner for life. It's not gold digging. It's washing. Fyi, I never accept money from any female to avoid such kind of talks
Don't ever make that mistake of marrying someone with the notion that you can change them into what you want them to be. People don't change who they are in the long run

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Wodu89: 8:09am On Jul 23, 2023
maasoap:

Don't ever make that mistake of marrying someone with the notion that you can change them into what you want them to be. People don't change who they are in the long run

Get off my mentions plz
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by maasoap(m): 8:32am On Jul 23, 2023
CuriousStudent:

Started on a neutral stance then tilted towards painting women in the bad light.

Anyway,in a country in "survival mode",people date for the wrong reasons. A middle class earning man/woman in a developed country will most likely date for attraction

For those that are not interested in dating for the wrong reasons,they rather remain single.

As a man you can't afford relationship,so you stay single.
As a woman,you can't be giving your vagina to struggling guys
who can't even marry you in the next 3 years due to hardship in the land. You are left between sleeping with a guy for money(married men,sugar daddy) or remaining single. The virtuous chose the later

That is just it.

Who love help when fuel is 800 naira?

Cc: caveadullam

Why men must be the ones to afford relationship financial wise?
Why must you see women as giving their vaginas to men? Don't both enjoy sex together? Or, is it only men that benefit from sex?

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 23, 2023
maasoap:

Why men must be the ones to afford relationship financial wise?
Why must you see women as giving their vaginas to men? Don't both enjoy sex together? Or, is it only men that benefit from sex?
This argument is stale already.i am already tired of saying men and women are judged differently(thanks to patriarchal standards you created).

Surprising how you ricochet from claiming both parties benefit from sex(when you want free sex and to curb hypergamy) to claiming women lose value when they have sex(when it's time to slut sham).
Speaking from both sides of the mouth to achieve different goals.

When you want to slut sham,do you include men to? If both men and women benefit from sex why do you claim that women lose value when they have sex?

Obviously trying to claim "progressive" or "woke" as a means of convincing women to drop their hypergamy and but you are not ready to drop your traditional standards as well.

If you don't like the idea of being the one to invest financially in a relationship,go to the western world were women are independent and they split bills. But mind you, this women will have as much sex experience as you that is a man(which you wouldn't like).

Choose your poison

I believe you know the dynamics of relax but deviously want to cheat your way.

But I will still paste this link for viewers that may be unaware of a man duties

https://www.nairaland.com/6730538/burden-performance-every-man-understands#105382696

There is no need for posting the female equivalent thread link of the above,since I'm this forum we are all reminded on a daily basis what a woman should be and do

1 Like

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Wrackcityoffici: 9:06am On Jul 23, 2023
Relationship is not our main problem for now, this poverty dey choke person, you can leave this conversation for developed countries like UK, US...

I've got a 2014 Camry for 5.650m

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Silentgroper(m): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2023
CuriousStudent:

This argument is stale already.i am already tired of saying men and women are judged differently(thanks to patriarchal standards you created).

Surprising how you ricochet from claiming both parties benefit from sex(when you want free sex and to curb hypergamy) to claiming women lose value when they have sex(when it's time to slut sham).
Speaking from both sides of the mouth to achieve different goals.

When you want to slut sham,do you include men to? If both men and women benefit from sex why do you claim that women lose value when they have sex?

Obviously trying to claim "progressive" or "woke" as a means of convincing women to drop their hypergamy and but you are not ready to drop your traditional standards as well.

If you don't like the idea of being the one to invest financially in a relationship,go to the western world were women are independent and they split bills. But mind you, this women will have as much sex experience as you that is a man(which you wouldn't like).

Choose your poison

I believe you know the dynamics of relax but deviously want to cheat your way.

But I will still paste this link for viewers that may be unaware of a man duties

https://www.nairaland.com/6730538/burden-performance-every-man-understands#105382696

There is no need for posting the female equivalent thread link of the above,since I'm this forum we are all reminded on a daily basis what a woman should be and do
Your write up is anything but realistic. ...

Since it's not realistic, it's all crap ...

There's a reason relationship involves two people and it's suppose to be of mutual benefits...

If a relationship isn't this then it's not a relationship..

c'est fini....

1 Like

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Anabosee(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

You see she said that , even that one they treat her like queen, Bec he dey give atm card, and she left him for you, girls will never get satisfied... Nah only God go giv us our heart desires
Off course the guy dumped her na.
She wan continue with me.
I make 30k a week before subsidy removal but now I de see shege, she nor even try to understand, so I cut am off.

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by 4KNGOATS(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2023
Rapmoney:
Don't be fooled by social media. Many young people in Nigeria are not in relationships. This includes both male and female genders. It is even worse for people who are above 30 due to so many financial expectations, commitments, bills over bills, poor economy, terrible hard-hitting economic policies by the government, high level of unemployment and inflation. Young people are becoming more withdrawn. There is a fast decline in our social life; I mean how we interact with one another face to face. It will amaze you to know the number of young people who see their electronic gadgets as their partners.

It is pertinent to note that the above mentioned problems have caused a chain reaction in the society where young women now prefer hookup to dating...sex business aka 'If you give me cash, I'll give you the Bermuda Triangle'. You cannot separate poverty/economic hardship from a socially and culturally warped society.

Which way Nigerian youths?

This life shaaa.....may God help us all.love is indeed DEAD

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Clazzone(m): 11:30am On Jul 23, 2023
Hookups is the order of the day... it's cost effective for both genders. That's their belief,but in the long run it's not. Time brings back the reality for both genders.

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by franchasofficia: 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2023
Tonytonex:
what is the difference between the bolded?
Unemployment means when there is lack of job or no available jobs.

Underemployment means when you are employed but your take home salary is not enough to sustain you or give you a meaningful life, that's underemployment

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by HajiaNotu: 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2023
Gerrard59:
2. Conversely, both men and women in Nigeria are still getting married. ALMOST all my female classmates in the university are married. The same applies to my secondary school. Both those who flirted a lot and the prudish ones. Dem don marry. The male seniors in my department are also married and have children. I can count those who are unmarried. Some don born reach three children. Others don lock up at two children. This also applies to Facebook friends that are mutual of friends. They are married or are in serious relationships. So, check your environment. In fact, as I write, one has proposed to the love of his life. When I see these things and compare them with what I read here, there is a stark difference. If people are not marrying as you say, who uses event centres every Saturday? Why are there naming ceremonies every Sunday (children born out of wedlock don’t get such privilege)?

3. One clown stated that Nigerian women are obviously useless, just like your mother and every female in your household. Foolish men who are after drinking shekpe and smoking colos would access the Internet to start yarning nonsense. He plans to marry an American, Canadian or European. Meanwhile, his counterparts are in the UK, US, Canada, Germany, and Japan and have realised it is better to marry a Nigerian woman. His compatriots in the UK have told others to knack o before moving to the UK. Others in Canada are moving to Nigeria because the team foreign women they thought would embrace them are actually not interested in Nigerian men or marriage at all. One idiot on Twitter was pained when a Mongolian woman told him she cannot marry a black man. Every day, I am told I should marry a Nigerian girl instead of a foreign lady, even when I am open to all cultures or races. Nigerian men thought they were the best thing since sliced bread moved abroad and finally realised that the only black men prized were either home-grown or African Americans. But nincompoops somewhere in Iyana Ipaja are hoping that they can marry young Europeans aka Swiss, Norwegians, Danish etc. The other day, another clown used his filthy hands to type that Swiss girls are doing hookup in Nigeria. Swiss? Idiots! Give a Nigerian man access to the Internet and watch him vomit nonsense. Useless set of animals.

If they are not doing masturbation, they are following small small girls. One travelled from Leeds to Scotland to sleep with an underage girl. The other day, another bastard was caught in Northern Ireland trying to sleep with a 14-year-old. In Kazakhstan, they banned Nigerians because the useless men were caught sleeping with underage girls. Useless, both at home and abroad. Never useful, always useless.

4. Oh! Why are women not commenting? It is pointless because if they do, their opinions are never regarded or they are bullied to be silent. A page I follow on Facebook controlled by a man posted an image from Twitter with content from a man about how women don’t bill richer men like they do with regular dudes. A female posted that a single sum from a rich man surpasses monies from a regular guy. Come and see a barrage of insults and comments from poor men simply because she said her mind. I was shocked reading the comments because her reply was harmless. But rather than face the politicians they voted for, they turned their frustration to the lady. Recalling the incident still stuns me because I don’t understand the frustration. So there you have it on why many females will rather close up than comment. Why respond to cretinous fvcktards whose brains have been affected by trekking like camels? Allow them to whine.

In summary, I implore young Nigerian women to work hard, and if it involves hookup, be very strategic at it. Bill the men very high. Don’t pity them. Charge them very high prices. They love sex more than anything else. Take it as a business. Get a ten-year passport, try to japa LEGALLY. Explore the world, and be open to other nationalities and races. Don’t believe your best catch is a Nigerian man living in Nigeria. There is a lot out there. Information is easily accessible. The Internet is free. Don’t allow comments from idiats and donkeys here to bully you to mediocrity. In other parts of the world, their men ensure things work. If possible, marry those men. It is not your responsibility to make a society function optimally. So, don’t be gaslighted or guilted by these cretins and monkeys that you want the best in life.
Wow.....just woww
An eye opener for the ladies!!
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2023
enough of all these marriage conversations please!

It will only take a toll on the females as the times when getting married will be so difficult to come by, hence 7 women will be forcing themselves on a gorilla looking man, irrespective of his financial situation

it is written

and it will come to past

let's just brace up for the reality

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Fiscus105(m): 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2023
PricelessGem1:
Apart from economy hardships, a lot of people enter into a relationship with strange motives. Like a lot of people have said, gold-digging is one key thing that both the female and male gender are guilty of. I was trying to enter into a relationship with someone that could possibly lead to marriage, all the guy was interested in was my money. At 38, he was not even a graduate, all he had was SSCE not even an OND, he had no business or employment, he was living in a one room which he could not even afford the rent. He was constantly weighing me down with his endless problems and needs. To make matters worse, he had bad temper and bad attitude. I quickly ended the relationship before going far with him and also blocked him. A lot of people enter into relationships with the wrong motive.

Any guy or man that you wantl to have relationship with, in which his eye is on ur money, I will advice u to cut him immediately.

Normally guys do have ego that they are the one taking care of their wife and kids and not the other way round.

Though, wife/girl can assist o

If by error you married such lazy iron, the marriage would become toxic after few weeks of marriage, infact u will regret ever being in marriage.

Women are not design to take full responsibility of home.

Many of such guys full town, they will never work on their weakness, but keep running down girls and institution of marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Tonytonex(m): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2023
franchasofficia:
Unemployment means when there is lack of job or no available jobs.

Underemployment means when you are employed but your take home salary is not enough to sustain you or give you a meaningful life, that's underemployment
okay. Thanks a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by sharone21(f): 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
at least they better than all these entitled small girls that thinks they are doing one's favor for dating them

and if the 55 year old get pregnant, she will give birth of course, so who cares ?

Good, to take responsibility whether by then or in future, in case their kids show up.

Used to know a mature man that reasoned like u then, had ladies of the exact range u liked to avoid pregnancy, he knew all the brothels in Lagos...... On this fateful day, I got a call and he said he now has twins: this was someone I knew doesn't want kids anymore..... This was a mistake, but the lady wanted to keep them maybe after failed attempts..... Anyway, I just told him CONGRATS......

PS: Nothing is taking a toll on women generally. Just like admissions, if one can't get it in Nigeria, u can get it elsewhere and it has been proven times without number in admissions and marriage issues
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by IyanuDeb(f): 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
Sonnobax15:
Who are you please? undecided
monitoring spirit grin
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by IyanuDeb(f): 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
Greystone:

I’m not one of those
ok oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

At Age 23 Still Scared Of Asking A Girl Out / It Is Wickedness To Date A Lady For More Than 2 Years Without Marrying Her– Lady / Do You Do This Too As A Single Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.