Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

My Forex Journey - Investment (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / My Forex Journey (13504 Views)

My Forex Journey / My Forex Trading Journey From $5 / My Forex Journey Of Growing Small Account (august-september) On Forex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 7:06pm On Feb 14
Aremolekunowo:
Almost 2 years ago now I jammed one of those acclaimed guru with interesting results nice profits. He claimed to have been trading forex since 2006 we got talking and became somehow close he begging me to give him my account to trade and share profits together I foolishly agreed gave him my hfm live accout 250usd. This guy blew the account in just 9 days, he apologise and blame news and Asian usa conflicts.
He encouraged me and guides me to open synthetic account with deriv he said he is an expert in that one and news does not affect it went through the process open the account I was making little little profits he ask to run the Account so we can make big money I also gave him and he blew the synthetic in just 6 days, this mam opened over 20 positions on different volatility and jump.
Another silly mistakes I made in this journey was following and paying for signals especially all this Asians posing big profits online not knowing they are all fake profits simulations I may still list there names here so that anyone will not fall prey like me.
There is a particular popular one that use to make big noise on all social media space I paid 230usd they claim to have at least 90% winning rate they ended up blowing my account with there signals. One acclaim gold master guru o paid 70pm also successfully blow my account with his gold signals
Now this is my chosen ways of Trading now.
1. Risk management 35 pips max sl on trades
2 . Cutloss at the change of trend from my direction
3. Rrr 1:2:3
4.Risk per trade 0.15 to 0.55% max
5. Profits trailing on a good trending market .
With these one is becoming better day by day. Pls new traders stay from online signals groups they will damage your account and your emotions.except u are in a good trading community where ideas and trades are shared together stay away from all these people expecially the Asians pakistan and Indians signals group.

You don see shege but on a bright side you gain experience to stick to your own doing.paying for knowledge or mentorship is not bad if you get a mentor with good track record but paying for signal is a big taboo coz nobody ever get rich with signal.imagine you checking your phone every minute to see if admin don post signal.well we all will be okay last last

1 Like

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 10:25pm On Feb 15
Paid for this class.finger crossed

Re: My Forex Journey by Johnwrite(m): 8:09am On Feb 16
How can i start this forex thing
Re: My Forex Journey by Mikocake(m): 12:25pm On Feb 16
Johnwrite:
forex is not get rich quick scheme and don’t start if you’re not ready to lose money. Huge money oo
Re: My Forex Journey by Geovanni412(m): 12:38pm On Feb 16
randy01:
Paid for this class.finger crossed

Hmm ..

Hope it's worth it

They're lot of premium courses available for free

What made you decide to pay for this?
Re: My Forex Journey by Geovanni412(m): 12:39pm On Feb 16
Johnwrite:

Good advice

Don't start

Go.for any other business then when you have decent income pouring in...

You can start
Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 7:25pm On Feb 16
Geovanni412:

Hmm ..

Hope it's worth it

They're lot of premium courses available for free

What made you decide to pay for this?
It aligns with how I trade

1 Like

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 8:20pm On Feb 16
Johnwrite:
Do you have a job, business that you currently do or are you a student.what is your status?
Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 10:14pm On Feb 16
I had two trade for this week.
xau and us30.
Xau was a miss entry while us30 have been running since on Wednesday with a plan to hit 8rr but it got stuck since yesterday evening after hitting 6rr.well I have my trailing stop loss at 4rr

No grammar
Just get it done

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 11:46am On Feb 18
This is why I don't like equity base drawdown.this trade enter 17k profit while I was waiting for 20k full tP but the trade reverse to 9k profit.just going through my email now to see I have received breach message.well if you do swing trade avoid equity base drawdown account.go for balanced base drawdown coz swing trade go up and down.

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 11:49am On Feb 18
Deposit $3 on binance to do future trade.trade Start tomorrow.

Re: My Forex Journey by Ojimmu95: 3:21pm On Feb 18
randy01:
Good day boss
Please can I use mexc to do it, as I don't have binance

Secondly, I don't know how to trade futures, am I allowed to do it?
Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 3:40pm On Feb 18
Ojimmu95:

Good day boss
Please can I use mexc to do it, as I don't have binance

Secondly, I don't know how to trade futures, am I allowed to do it?
Yes mexc is good also.they even offer more leverage on some alt more than binance.
On your second question do you know how to analyse chart generally.if yes you can do it coz chart is just a chart either crypto,Forex, stock and indices.but if you don't know how to analyse chart stay away from trading until you know how to.

Never you trade until you know how to trade and do position sizing correctly.
Re: My Forex Journey by Ojimmu95: 11:17pm On Feb 18
[quote author=randy01 post=128518644]
Yes mexc is good also.they even offer more leverage on some alt more than binance.
On your second question do you know how to analyse chart generally.if yes you can do it coz chart is just a chart either crypto,Forex, stock and indices.but if you don't know how to analyse chart stay away from trading until you know how to.

Never you trade until you know how to trade and do position sizing correctly.[/quote
Ok thanks for your input, so my question now is how to learn how to analyse charts, I have watched YouTube videos until I got tired,I don't know what else to do, any recommendations or help, I would really appreciate it πŸ™πŸ™
Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 5:09am On Feb 19
[quote author=Ojimmu95 post=128525847][/quote]
Option 1) Continue watching those YouTube videos and try to practice what you learn on YouTube with small money or demo until you get what works for you.
Options 2) save up money and find a mentor that we show you things and tell you to stick to one strategy with good risk management coz nothing really work.
Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 6:21pm On Feb 19
I have been here since 7am.
Looking forward to next trade

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 6:43pm On Feb 19
Miss out on second buy trade.i have been moving from one state to another.will be busy till ending but higher TF trade continue

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 6:43pm On Feb 21
Have been trying to drop both TP and SL trade I took since yesterday but am facing network issue.i move
Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 7:24am On Feb 24
Move my $4 from binance to deriv cuz of Eazy calculation.

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 7:26am On Feb 24
Trade gold 3 time this week and lost the three trade.

1 Like

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 7:32am On Feb 24
Here is one

1 Like

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 7:34am On Feb 24
Not here to show perfection
I win and loss.
Looking forward to the next trade

3 Likes

Re: My Forex Journey by Mikocake(m): 9:07am On Feb 24
Anybody that claims perfection in forex market is scam
Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24
Mikocake:
Anybody that claims perfection in forex market is scam
Newbies need 100% winning strategy unknown to them risk to reward is the main deal.my three loss on gold will be recovered on one wining trade.
Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 7:06pm On Feb 24
Btc 😭😭😭😭😭

Re: My Forex Journey by twosquare(m): 8:28pm On Feb 24
randy01:
Btc 😭😭😭😭😭
Rest. Not every day is a trading day. Give yourself some time or the Ls will turn to a streak if not already.
Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 8:38pm On Feb 24
twosquare:
Rest. Not every day is a trading day. Give yourself some time or the Ls will turn to a streak if not already.
Am not on any lossing streak
Just speaking about loss on my previous post.
I have winning as well this week.
This btc trade is a miss entry not a loss.
As long as I see what I need to see or market present the type of setup I trade am taking it and it doesn't matter whether it present it everyday or once a week.

Thanks for the input
Re: My Forex Journey by twosquare(m): 9:18pm On Feb 24
randy01:

Am not on any lossing streak
Just speaking about loss on my previous post.
I have winning as well this week.
This btc trade is a miss entry not a loss.
As long as I see what I need to see or market present the type of setup I trade am taking it and it doesn't matter whether it present it everyday or once a week.

Thanks for the input
That reminds me...based on your own experience and what you've seen so far....which do you think is the hardest between trading forex and trading crypto?
Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 10:03pm On Feb 24
twosquare:
That reminds me...based on your own experience and what you've seen so far....which do you think is the hardest between trading forex and trading crypto?
Crypto future is hard cuz btc control everything.e.g your analysis on inj,dydx,sol maybe good and market is going in your direction but because of sudden dump/pump on btc can rubish your analysis on alt but on Forex dollar pairs, JPY pair,CHF pair even indices move in one direction.people often says news affect Forex but if you know how to trade.news helps to push market to your entry or to faster.
That's why I mostly trade btc and eth when I want to trade crypto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Forex Journey by randy01(m): 10:47pm On Feb 24
Just have to close this a 1:1 cuz deriv is not allowing me to set SL.

Re: My Forex Journey by IAmHim1: 1:33am On Feb 25
supp how did u purchase your funds
most funders on deriv have a limit of 5$ and above
im quite curious

randy01:

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Facebook Shares Opens At $42 As Trading Begins / Warren Buffet Joins Twitter, Gains 100,000 Followers in a couple of Hours. / Stocks You Will Never Invest Your Money In And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.