Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? (15664 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce / Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult / Woman Asks Husband To Return Her Virginity And Standing Breasts For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Franzinni: 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
It is the reason why they borrow in the first place ... Lack of discipline. There is a man with 4 wives who is owing me right now a very small amount and is dribbling me not knowing I am using him as case study.

Remember always that the person you borrow money to will never be the person that pays you back they always end up emotionally different.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by tnerro1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2023
True, someone borrowed money and 4 months later is yet to return it from “ will pay in two weeks time”. I don tell myself say if that person dey die of taste, I no go piss for him mouth to save am😡
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by faceland: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2023
Ekun123:
Observations
It is obvious common occurrence that most borrower don't bother to pay back once there are close friends or relatives.

Some borrowers will just pretend as if no transaction ever happens and even come back to ask for another one.

Some borrowers will never deny borrowing but will never priotize your your repayment. I have one that scatter the whole bulk money and finally finish paying after five years. He is completely blacklisted in my book and I told him.

My rules now:
(1) No borrowing to anyone including relatives or close friends any amount I cannot forget, no matter the urgency.

(2) I develop a simple agreement format to ensure it is binding. You have a choice to object, then go and borrow from bank.

(3) There must be a witness aware of the transaction and sign for me and one for you.

(4) If you ever default once and never discuss why you are unable, it is consider intentional and you are block till eternity.

(5) I take pleasure to tell you NO if I cannot afford it without remorse, no unnecessary emotions.

(6) Any engagement that look transaction-like with anyone must be written and well spelt out. Most people are not comfortable with this but I have no regret to leave to go.

(7) I have unwritten credit rating for my friends based on past experiences and is guiding my interaction with them and is working.

(cool I don't also go for borrowing as first option. Optimization of budgeting first, Recategorization of needs/wants, Re-priotization of needs and avoidance of unnecessary expenses (data usage optimization, suspension of subscription, avoid uncritical social gatherings, avoiding trivial family spendings except for my parents). If all these are not sufficient, borrowing for importance thing that cannot wait.

THESE MEASURES ARE WORKING SERIOUSLY FOR ME AND I DON'T FIND MYSELF IN A MESSY SITUATION WITH MY EXPENSES OR WITH FRIENDS OR RELATIVES. IT WAS STRANGE TO THEM INITIALLY BUT NOW MAJORITY HAVE ACCEPTED AS MY SYTLE.

Why are you turning yourself to bank?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kenosky1: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
A friend of mine borrowed some money from me and since then he has refused to return back my money. I still don't know why people can be so desperate when in need of some amount of money for something urgent/important but fail to return it ASAP.

He never intended to pay back while borrowing the money. The economy is also tough and most people wants to survive even if it means borrowing and hoping to pay back when the miracle happens.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Rechargeam247(f): 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2023
Then some go to the extent of blocking you everywhere, it's the audacity for me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by bobbiiee: 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
1. Some feel the lender can afford to part with the money. Entitled people.
2. Some have the culture of borrowing without wanting to pay back.
3. Some genuinely don't have.
4. Some think they have more need than the lender.
It's largely wickedness. I know someone who borrowed less than N15k who bought N100k cow for wedding while still indebted.

What you can't give don't borrow.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by faceland: 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2023
Most people who borrow money, are looking for who would take their problem.

They have a problem, they want another person to handle it while they go and sleep well.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Boyjaco: 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2023
Don't give what you cannot afford to lose
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by OpinionCounts(m): 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
Though some may be going through genuine issues that hinder or make them incapable of paying back as at the promised time.

But believe me, a lot of times it's total "INDISCIPLINE" ,"IRRESPONSIBILITY " and "SELF CENTEREDNESS", the same attitude that made them borrowers in the first place.

A lot of people, especially in this part of the world believe their problems and challenges are paramount and deserve to be completely handled first before any consideration can be given to any other persons problem, regardless of whether they are owing the other person or not and regardless of how pressing the other persons problem is compared to theirs.
So even when they have your money to pay back, they will immediately hold back if they have any other thing to do with it.

Some others too just feel they need money more than you. Just because they don't see you troubled, they think you don't have any need for money, they feel you have more than enough so no need paying you back the money they borrowed from you.

Pure "INDISCIPLINE " ,"IRRESPONSIBILITY " and "SELF CENTEREDNESS ".

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Dracula123: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2023
People are bigger than money, especially when it's family

My siblings borrow money from me and I don't expect it but if they return it, that's fine. If they don't return it, I'll still borrow them if I have

Kobojunkie:
Your cousin outwitted you and you think laughing and calling him owe gbese gives you some upper hand? LOL... grin

Consider that he may have planned the same con on others like you then maybe you will see how you were the one who made the terrible mistake of lending him money without demanding some form of insurance from him that will guarantee he pays no matter what. undecided

If no be dash you dey dash person money, there is no reason why you should not get some form of legal IOU from that person which you can use to get your money back. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by slowice(m): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2023
E nor easy for Ezekiel grin
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Inobeyourmate: 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nah because money too much for your hand nah, that's why you still dey borrow people money, shey you no know say 90percent of black people no dey return money wey them borrow?
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Allfavours: 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2023
From the way a person approaches you, you know if they will be able and willing to pay back.
It is night and they are telling you they will pay in the morning, and they going to work over night, that money is gone: if you are friends and they noticed that you don't complain they will always want to borrow from you, the reasons are endless, just be smart and learn how to keep them at bay

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by faceland: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2023
otipoju:

I have a cousin that I borrowed money three seperate times over the course of 10 years.
Not once has he paid back...giving the impression that he does not have the funds to pay back.

Recently he was blabbing about how he sowed two natives for total 30k a piece...I just laugh for my mind sey this one owe gbese but still dey do fashion.

I've become more ruthless now though. If I wan give I go give but no be you go force me.

If he can manipulate you the 2nd and 3rd time, I can bet he would borrow the 4th time and you would give him. Seriously.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by occfx: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
A friend of mine borrowed some money from me and since then he has refused to return back my money. I still don't know why people can be so desperate when in need of some amount of money for something urgent/important but fail to return it ASAP.

Money is energy, it cannot exist in raw form but can be transformed from one form to another. The problem they have is to covert the output back to energy (money) and return it. The money combust in there hands like in petrol engine but they didn't go anywhere with or do any work with then suddenly they see it burn in form of smoke. It is as if you didn't give them anything because they cannot return smoke to you

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Samuelriano1(m): 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
hmmm I've lost 52k due to borrowing people money. one even told his dad to call n help ask for 10k, I told him, I don't have much,but bcus me n ur son r friends, I dropped d 10k. e later called again n asked for another 5k , I gave him, bcus d dad told me specifically that wen he collect his salary, he will pay me back. he came back again to request for another 10k, I told him I don't have. brethren it's been 3months now, I no see my 15k, d dad didn't even call me again, n my friend keeps posting me.
I gave out all those money wen things were still ok, now things have changed, m broke de r all ignoring my chats n call. some people are just enermies of progress.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by sony01: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
It is because of poor KYC
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by bluefilm: 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:

That's people for you.

Just like they tell us in betting, don't play with more than you are willing to lose.

This is because in most cases, any money you give out in the name of lending it out to someone, is already gone.

If it (ever/eventually) comes back, consider yourself very lucky.

Enough said.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Ekun123:
Observations
It is obvious common occurrence that most borrower don't bother to pay back once there are close friends or relatives.

Some borrowers will just pretend as if no transaction ever happens and even come back to ask for another one.

Some borrowers will never deny borrowing but will never priotize your your repayment. I have one that scatter the whole bulk money and finally finish paying after five years. He is completely blacklisted in my book and I told him.

My rules now:
(1) No borrowing to anyone including relatives or close friends any amount I cannot forget, no matter the urgency.

(2) I develop a simple agreement format to ensure it is binding. You have a choice to object, then go and borrow from bank.

(3) There must be a witness aware of the transaction and sign for me and one for you.

(4) If you ever default once and never discuss why you are unable, it is consider intentional and you are block till eternity.

(5) I take pleasure to tell you NO if I cannot afford it without remorse, no unnecessary emotions.

(6) Any engagement that look transaction-like with anyone must be written and well spelt out. Most people are not comfortable with this but I have no regret to leave to go.

(7) I have unwritten credit rating for my friends based on past experiences and is guiding my interaction with them and is working.

(cool I don't also go for borrowing as first option. Optimization of budgeting first, Recategorization of needs/wants, Re-priotization of needs and avoidance of unnecessary expenses (data usage optimization, suspension of subscription, avoid uncritical social gatherings, avoiding trivial family spendings except for my parents). If all these are not sufficient, borrowing for importance thing that cannot wait.

THESE MEASURES ARE WORKING SERIOUSLY FOR ME AND I DON'T FIND MYSELF IN A MESSY SITUATION WITH MY EXPENSES OR WITH FRIENDS OR RELATIVES. IT WAS STRANGE TO THEM INITIALLY BUT NOW MAJORITY HAVE ACCEPTED AS MY SYTLE.
Commonsense solutions really! undecided
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
faceland:
■ Why are you turning yourself to bank?
He is not turning himself into a bank but making sure he is protecting his money from predators who may try to take advantage of him. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by ideamonster: 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
how can you be borrowing people money in these times?
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
Franzinni:
It is the reason why they borrow in the first place ... Lack of discipline. There is a man with 4 wives who is owing me right now a very small amount and is dribbling me not knowing I am using him as case study.

Remember always that the person you borrow money to will never be the person that pays you back they always end up emotionally different.

Go take one of hin 4 wives as a payback! hehehe
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by armadeo(m): 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2023
Now na only inside family we dey borrow money. If you no dey bear our surname and you no dey childhood family picture when hang for my papa palour Wall... OYO.

No matter the story when you wan talk. At least make we know say na blood chop the money e go dey grateful.

Any outsider when come na posting to the next sibling till dem post you back to source. We don learn the lesson tay tay
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by ideamonster: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2023
ideamonster:
how can you be borrowing people money in these times?

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by armadeo(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2023
occfx:

Money is energy, it cannot exist in raw form but can be transformed from one form to another. The problem they have is to covert the output back to energy (money) and return it. The money combust in there hands like in petrol engine but they didn't go anywhere with or do any work with then suddenly they see it burn in form of smoke. It is as if you didn't give them anything because they cannot return smoke to you

See analysis. You get head ontop your shoulders.

Respect man!!!!
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by otipoju(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2023
faceland:

If he can manipulate you the 2nd and 3rd time, I can bet he would borrow the 4th time and you would give him. Seriously.

He did not manipulate. It's just a very bad habit for him that does him more harm than good. As things are now...he himself cannot open mouth to say borrow me money. He knows I will give him tales by moonlight.

If I wan give I give him, as he is useful for me in other areas. But that borrow no go fit happen again. I told him clearly on the third occasion make him no think sey na him wise pass.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Swissli(f): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2023
It Is Just In Their Blood, I 'd Rather Dash Them Money Than To Borrow Them Because I Don't Know How To Drag
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by brightleave(m): 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
no be eye dem take dey chop food na im dem take dey shit am grin
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by LifeOfTrigga(m): 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:

Maybe na loud or colos bag e use the money buy
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Caleb15(m): 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2023
Owo mi da!
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Ekun123: 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
Engaging one another for one thing or the other is part of life activities and it is quite inevitable, hence you have to have a guided way of dealing with the realities of the common occurrence in your localities. If you find it too cumbersome, keep borrowing everyone money without collecting it back. It is not ease to be disciplined but there is no progress without discipline. Everyone is entitled to his own style. There is reward for both ACTIONS and INACTIONS.

faceland:

Why are you turning yourself to bank?
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by dontrulee: 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2023
You people still dey borrow people money for this period?
If any person asks you to lend you money, only give what you're willing to afford to give because many times they'll not pay back.
It's hard to pay back debts because it's like a loss and the human mind doesn't like loss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? / Sad Facts About Modern Family Life / How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.