Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? (15658 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce / Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult / Woman Asks Husband To Return Her Virginity And Standing Breasts For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2023
They don't want to pay back at inception of borrowing.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by randymirrors(f): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
They don't even pay back at all.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
Most people are fond of that they will ask you to borrow them money with intention not to pay back
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by ufotty2001: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nowadays I don't borrow people money I can only contribute to what u need the money for.. like now if you are in need of 2k now to feed ur family.. I will dash u 500.. use it to support urself.. people paying back borrowed money ends up in fighting

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by WesKiz: 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2023
People do borrow money
Mostly good people hate borrowing money before this people will borrow money the situation will critical required but see d wicked people borrow in every unnecessary situation they can borrow to go and flex at the beach so unnecessary

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Image123(m): 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2023
Because it's difficult na, why else?
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2023
Same thing also happen to the country Nigeria as a whole.
Haymus007:
A friend of mine borrowed some money from me and since then he has refused to return back my money. I still don't know why people can be so desperate when in need of some amount of money for something urgent/important but fail to return it ASAP.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by emerged01(m): 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
A friend of mine borrowed some money from me and since then he has refused to return back my money. I still don't know why people can be so desperate when in need of some amount of money for something urgent/important but fail to return it ASAP.
1 No plan on how to pay back. They just borrow without plan of paying back.
2 some have the money to pay back but they are heartless.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2023
One my in-law, i lent him around N140,000 about 15 years ago and he was able to return half of the amount with balance still outstanding. He thought i had forgotten. He used my sister to call me recently and ask to borrow N1,000,000 for his business.

I just shake my head.

I don't lend money to people anymore.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by YoungmcCoy56: 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2023
People can be so selfish

Meanwhile this is amazing

https://youtube.com/shorts/kegd7-JeoK8?feature=share
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Chummynoni(m): 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2023
In as much as some people can be so inconsiderate not paying back despite having the money, circumstances happen to some . Even right now as I am typing , I owe some people and when I was suppose to pay at the said time , shit happened, and I make them know time to time that I have them in mind . So it is not always the debtor’s fault atimes

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Dshocker(m): 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
April396949:
There are several reasons why people who borrow money find it difficult to return it in due time:

1. Financial constraints: Borrowers may be facing financial difficulties, such as low income or high expenses, which make it challenging for them to meet their repayment obligations. They may have limited cash flow or unexpected expenses that hinder their ability to repay the borrowed amount.

2. Lack of budgeting and financial planning: Some borrowers fail to create a proper budget or financial plan, leading to poor money management. Without a clear understanding of their income and expenses, they may struggle to allocate funds for loan repayment, resulting in delays or missed payments.

3. Prioritizing other expenses: Borrowers may have competing financial priorities, such as regular living expenses, essential bills, or immediate needs. In such cases, they may prioritize these higher on their list, making it difficult to allocate sufficient funds towards repaying the borrowed amount.

4. Overborrowing: Some individuals may borrow more than they can afford to repay, taking on loans beyond their repayment capacity. This can lead to a cycle of debt, where they struggle to repay one loan while taking on additional debt to cover their expenses, exacerbating the repayment challenge.

5. Lack of financial discipline: Some borrowers may lack financial discipline and be prone to impulse spending or living beyond their means. They may struggle to adhere to repayment schedules and make impulsive purchases instead of meeting their loan obligations.

6. Unforeseen circumstances: Unexpected life events, such as job loss, medical emergencies, or other unforeseen circumstances, can significantly impact a borrower's ability to repay their loan on time. These unforeseen events can disrupt their financial stability and make it difficult to meet repayment deadlines.

It is essential for borrowers to be mindful of their financial situation, create realistic repayment plans, and prioritize loan repayment appropriately to avoid these challenges.

All these you listed are excuse, pay me my fvcking money.

Especially at an agreed time frame to payback, you dey, dey list circumstances wey no go allow you fit pay, oga nothing concern me.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by TOSMAK007(m): 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
I WONDER OOO🤷‍♀️
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Dshocker:
All these you listed are excuse, pay me my fvcking money.
Especially at an agreed time frame to payback, you dey, dey list circumstances wey no go allow you fit pay, oga nothing concern me.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobicove(m): 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
LARRYOBRAIN:
They don't want to pay back at inception of borrowing.

Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Emary(f): 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
It's just that some people are evil. My colleague, who I helped get a consultancy with a leading NGO I worked with at the time, wa having challenges so I loaned him N100k in 2015. Since then, stories. Even when he was aware I was having challenges of my own, he refused to pay me. He even completed a house within the period. Yesterday was his birthday and people were wishing him well and praying for him but I'm so sorry, I cannot. He's become a really terrible person in my eyes.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by ajebuter(f): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
enemyofprogress, enemyofpeace

Coma answer

Onigbese tongue
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobicove(m): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
Skyview01:
One my in-law, i lent him around N140,000 about 15 years ago and he was able to return half of the amount with balance still outstanding. He thought i had forgotten. He used my sister to call me recently and ask to borrow N1,000,000 for his business.

I just shake my head.

I don't lend money to people anymore.

Imagine the effrontery cheesy
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by EdiskyHarry: 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
It's sad.
I helped my colleague in my place of work with money to get her husband released from the police custody,, up till today I have not gotten anything, it's more than a year now.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by MarketDispatch: 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your cousin outwitted you and you think laughing and calling him owe gbese givy back. lipsrsealed
Legal IOU does not mean anything.

Simply collect collateral that is x3 of the loan amount so you don't need to disturb anybody...when the loan is due, request repayment, or sell off, take your money and give him the change.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Xammie001(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2023
Waffarianman:
He built Lagos, he built Lagos, when time reach to build Nigeria cement finished. Nawa 4 our leaders
IN JUST 2 MONTHS
UNA NO GET BRAIN AT ALL
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Etosha: 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2023
Don't borrow more than you are willing to let go...
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Xammie001(m): 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2023
Emary:
It's just that some people are evil. My colleague, who I helped get a consultancy with a leading NGO I worked with at the time, wa having challenges so I loaned him N100k in 2015. Since then, stories. Even when he was aware I was having challenges of my own, he refused to pay me. He even completed a house within the period. Yesterday was his birthday and people were wishing him well and praying for him but I'm so sorry, I cannot. He's become a really terrible person in my eyes.
HE'S A BAD PERSON
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kobicove:

Imagine the effrontery cheesy

I think he forgot and he thought i had forgotten, I have a bad credit list where I add people.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Hanndye: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2023
saphiere:
Because this is Nigeria. A lawless country ruled by the gender that betrayed our Lord Jesus
Eve nko, who put us in trouble? grin
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by NAC1666: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
If they had,they wouldn't have borrowed in the first place. Most at times, people borrow money in expectation of paying back. But along the line, expectation are cut short leaving the person indebted to others
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by TLE900: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
Some folks are wicked. They are habitual debtors
Haymus007:
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Ekun123: 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2023
Observations
It is obvious common occurrence that most borrower don't bother to pay back once there are close friends or relatives.

Some borrowers will just pretend as if no transaction ever happens and even come back to ask for another one.

Some borrowers will never deny borrowing but will never priotize your your repayment. I have one that scatter the whole bulk money and finally finish paying after five years. He is completely blacklisted in my book and I told him.

My rules now:
(1) No borrowing to anyone including relatives or close friends any amount I cannot forget, no matter the urgency.

(2) I develop a simple agreement format to ensure it is binding. You have a choice to object, then go and borrow from bank.

(3) There must be a witness aware of the transaction and sign for me and one for you.

(4) If you ever default once and never discuss why you are unable, it is consider intentional and you are block till eternity.

(5) I take pleasure to tell you NO if I cannot afford it without remorse, no unnecessary emotions.

(6) Any engagement that look transaction-like with anyone must be written and well spelt out. Most people are not comfortable with this but I have no regret to leave to go.

(7) I have unwritten credit rating for my friends based on past experiences and is guiding my interaction with them and is working.

(cool I don't also go for borrowing as first option. Optimization of budgeting first, Recategorization of needs/wants, Re-priotization of needs and avoidance of unnecessary expenses (data usage optimization, suspension of subscription, avoid uncritical social gatherings, avoiding trivial family spendings except for my parents). If all these are not sufficient, borrowing for importance thing that cannot wait.

THESE MEASURES ARE WORKING SERIOUSLY FOR ME AND I DON'T FIND MYSELF IN A MESSY SITUATION WITH MY EXPENSES OR WITH FRIENDS OR RELATIVES. IT WAS STRANGE TO THEM INITIALLY BUT NOW MAJORITY HAVE ACCEPTED AS MY SYTLE.

Haymus007:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by AskNgige2: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
Taylor90:
Mouth wey them use price TOTO when you’re on a heat period no be the same mouth them dey take bring money fast after ejaculation

That’s human for you but if the money is little you can forget about it because automatically that money has closed several other future borrowing he would have made in future

U Sabi book well well..

I can relate lol
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by faceland: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
Taylor90:

That’s human for you but if the money is little you can forget about it because automatically that money has closed several other future borrowing he would have made in future

Yes, as painful as it is, they have revealed themselves. It time to cut them off.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Seun112233: 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
I followed my father's principle " never lend out what you cannot afford to give out freely" the same was discussed in the book " principle of life"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? / My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash / Sad Facts About Modern Family Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.