Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,502 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? (15633 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce / Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult / Woman Asks Husband To Return Her Virginity And Standing Breasts For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Olaideolayemi(m): 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2023
Peoples aren't the same, For me,I don't believe in that lifestyle,if I don't have the repayment,I will keep trying,even paying in a stipend ways..For the purposes of fulfilling the debt..we are not the same shaaa..

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by quickly: 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
A friend of mine borrowed some money from me and since then he has refused to return back my money. I still don't know why people can be so desperate when in need of some amount of money for something urgent/important but fail to return it ASAP.

If they have it they won’t borrow .
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by jossykido(m): 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2023
Cause they are enemy of progress. If for whatsoever circumstances prevented them from paying back at the expected time, they should always reach out to the lender and always keep in touch and inform him on how hard they are working towards remitting their debts and give a date to it. Failure to do so make people always give excuses even when they have the money to lend out

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Waffarianman(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2023
Xammie001:

IN JUST 2 MONTHS
UNA NO GET BRAIN AT ALL

U wen get expired brain 🧠 still dey inside the systems. Abi d hunger no reach Ur area yeye
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by delishpot: 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2023
Taylor90:
Mouth wey them use price TOTO when you’re on a heat period no be the same mouth them dey take bring money fast after ejaculation

That’s human for you but if the money is little you can forget about it because automatically that money has closed several other future borrowing he would have made in future

You are still learning o. Maybe it closes door for OP to give when his friend returns for another round but you see wicked borrowers? They will boldly come back and say they will add the new debt to the old one and pay all together. Owing you previously doesn't stop them from asking you for new loan if they think you are soft.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by kemese(m): 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
Taylor90:
Mouth wey them use price TOTO when you’re on a heat period no be the same mouth them dey take bring money fast after ejaculation

That’s human for you but if the money is little you can forget about it because automatically that money has closed several other future borrowing he would have made in future

Right.
In addition, He traded his integr.ty for that amount.
You can't vouch for him again or even be his guarantor.
His loss.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
A friend of mine borrowed some money from me and since then he has refused to return back my money. I still don't know why people can be so desperate when in need of some amount of money for something urgent/important but fail to return it ASAP.
Honestly. I was even about to open a thread on this same topic before I saw yours. If you want to know people's true character, just involve them with money, then their true self will be out. Three people are currently owing me 17k, one is 10k, another 5k and the other person 2k. Me that's jobless and needed the money very badly. I sent them the money because I trusted them to pay me bad as at when due, but alas! I was wrong! They'll start ghosting you when it's time to pay back. Stop picking your calls, giving flimsy excuses, posting you, etc, making it seem as if you're now the one begging them for money.

Honestly, I'm not happy at all. I'm in dire need of money right now, but I can't get it, while I have almost 20k hanging in the air. So sad!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Slynation(m): 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2023
April396949:
There are several reasons why people who borrow money find it difficult to return it in due time:

1. Financial constraints: Borrowers may be facing financial difficulties, such as low income or high expenses, which make it challenging for them to meet their repayment obligations. They may have limited cash flow or unexpected expenses that hinder their ability to repay the borrowed amount.

2. Lack of budgeting and financial planning: Some borrowers fail to create a proper budget or financial plan, leading to poor money management. Without a clear understanding of their income and expenses, they may struggle to allocate funds for loan repayment, resulting in delays or missed payments.

3. Prioritizing other expenses: Borrowers may have competing financial priorities, such as regular living expenses, essential bills, or immediate needs. In such cases, they may prioritize these higher on their list, making it difficult to allocate sufficient funds towards repaying the borrowed amount.

4. Overborrowing: Some individuals may borrow more than they can afford to repay, taking on loans beyond their repayment capacity. This can lead to a cycle of debt, where they struggle to repay one loan while taking on additional debt to cover their expenses, exacerbating the repayment challenge.

5. Lack of financial discipline: Some borrowers may lack financial discipline and be prone to impulse spending or living beyond their means. They may struggle to adhere to repayment schedules and make impulsive purchases instead of meeting their loan obligations.

6. Unforeseen circumstances: Unexpected life events, such as job loss, medical emergencies, or other unforeseen circumstances, can significantly impact a borrower's ability to repay their loan on time. These unforeseen events can disrupt their financial stability and make it difficult to meet repayment deadlines.

It is essential for borrowers to be mindful of their financial situation, create realistic repayment plans, and prioritize loan repayment appropriately to avoid these challenges.
In as much as you are correct, some borrow just because they feel you have too much to throw around, whenever I upload myself in a very nice environment or where me and some pals are rejoicing over some good news or birthday party, some people on my CL automatically developed problem and wants to borrow from me, and guess what?? They never pay back, one blatantly told me, you pass am naw...!!!

This days, once you borrow someone money, be ready to loose the money and the friendship once you try to retrieve back your money...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by enemyofprogress: 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2023
ajebuter:
enemyofprogress, enemyofpeace

Coma answer

Onigbese tongue
I won't pay you. If you like take me to court, I no go pay here nor in heaven.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by bola4dprec(m): 6:57pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:

Many people treat a loan as something they found and can keep, causing embarrassment to those who helped them. Some people will speak politely, bow, and scrape until they get the loan they want, but when the time comes to pay it back, they'll put it off, say that it's inconvenient, and make a lot of worthless excuses. If the lender insists on being paid, he can count himself lucky to get back half. If he doesn't insist, the borrower has robbed him and made an unnecessary enemy. All the lender will get from him are curses, insults, and disrespect, but never any gratitude. Ordinarily I'm also a borrower who failed to pay back in time due to economy issue pls ni suru
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by F117nighthawk: 7:15pm On Jul 24, 2023
Because many of them are dishonest and do not have any means or intention of paying back
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:

A friend borrowed a sum by also copying his dad in the context. I was pleased to a duration of 10days,, 10 days turned over 60days and when I can't bear it, I started pressurising even when I needed money and informed them ahead to arrange for what they owe me. On the day I needed the money, I reached out and I got series of excuses,,, I started nagging that I lose my cool, on getting back the money, my friend father wic the money was initially borrowed for, couldn't even reach out and atleast discuss on the inconveniences caused, in his attitude, I saw clearly that the money has been paid and case close forgetting the duration they pleased for and didn't comply to.
I could also remember the uncle of this my friend, who came knocking at my gate at wee hour under the drizzling of rain last year, he narrated how he and his family was unable to eat the previous night, I could see how sober he was and asked I give him any amount wic he's going to refund in a week time, over 365 days has passed, I still haven't see him bring back what he borrowed. I have already forgotten that thou but it's pretty bad....
The long talk is, people will be so quick to borrow promising this and that, but to refund by the due date will be hell. Some will even not want to pay back again. So pathetic.... Just avoid borrowing or give out what u can easily forget.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by nikdam: 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:

The money you cannot forget about or forgo, it is better not borrow someone that kind of money.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Mandesz(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2023
Waffarianman:
He built Lagos, he built Lagos, when time reach to build Nigeria cement finished. Nawa 4 our leaders
People can be so sarcastic. It takes me some seconds to understand and I busted out laughing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by favour32(m): 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
Borrow dey destroy relationship.
To avoid it,
if the person needs 100K loan.
Give am 30K,say you dash am, make go look for from others.
You can never see am again disturb you.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Sonnetoshodi(m): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
Rechargeam247:
Then some go to the extent of blocking you everywhere, it's the audacity for me.
I swear babe, it hurts o!
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Dgreatman10: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2023
otipoju:

He is the foolish one. He is eating crumbs and loosing out on many other bigger things and will NEVER ever be called to seat and feast at the table...because he is not trust worthy whereas trust is the currency of valuable relationships. If your word is as valuable as dust, you will be treated as dust.

A mans word should be his bond. Especially among family and friends. Once I have to go official with a friend or family member...him don turn to outsider be that.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Lanre1st(m): 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2023
Because they don’t have. If they have in the first place they would not borrow. Many borrow to survive the moment without having any guarantees to pay back than putting their hope in God miracle
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Waffarianman(m): 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2023
Mandesz:

People can be so sarcastic. It takes me some seconds to understand and I busted out laughing.

Lol😂😆 now you understand abi. To build naija na cement finished
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Haymus007(m): 10:45pm On Jul 24, 2023
Swears i'm tired!!
TLE900:
Some folks are wicked. They are habitual debtors
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by fadilaMaikiriki: 11:02pm On Jul 24, 2023
MarketDispatch:

Legal IOU does not mean anything.

Simply collect collateral that is x3 of the loan amount so you don't need to disturb anybody...when the loan is due, request repayment, or sell off, take your money and give him the change.
Is like this is what I'll do to this boy (Ibro) owing me 10k. Is like I'll go to his house, then tell him to go get me drink outside, then I'll take some of his things that I can use and leave. Then call him later when I'm at home to tell him what I did.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
Is like this is what I'll do to this boy (Ibro) owing me 10k. Is like I'll go to his house, then tell him to go get me drink outside, then I'll take some of his things that I can use and leave. Then call him later when I'm at home to tell him what I did.
And when he calls police to arrest you for stealing, na then you go talk wetin do you. undecided
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2023
MarketDispatch:
■ Legal IOU does not mean anything.

Simply collect collateral that is x3 of the loan amount so you don't need to disturb anybody...when the loan is due, request repayment, or sell off, take your money and give him the change.
No be everyone wey wan borrow get collateral unless you are thinking of going as far as to ask for a kidney or an eyeball in case of nonpayment. undecided
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by BronzeTiger: 11:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Then don't borrow anyone again.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by TheBlueDiamond(m): 11:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
umeh
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by fadilaMaikiriki: 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And when he calls police to arrest you for stealing, na then you go talk wetin do you. undecided
He that is owing me nko? This is almost four months now he's been telling me one story or the other concerning this money.

Maybe if I do like that he might be forced to pay the money.
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobojunkie: 12:15am On Jul 25, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
He that is owing me nko? This is almost four months now he's been telling me one story or the other concerning this money.

Maybe if I do like that he might be forced to pay the money.
If you no collect collateral or notarized IOU from him when you gave him the loan, how will committing a crime help you? undecided
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by vickydevoka(m): 1:33am On Jul 25, 2023
Haymus007:
He returned it, didn't he?. Mine I don't even bother asking. For my mind I dash am
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Imoksp(m): 2:46am On Jul 25, 2023
I know an organization that can help you get any amount of money anyone is owing you and has refused to pay back. DM to get full details or email me imoksp@yahoo.com
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by greatestdestiny: 4:01am On Jul 25, 2023
Haymus007:

You said your friend, if he doesn't have itz he should die? Or what kind of friend are you too? You nor see the economy 🙄 And do you know how much Nigeria is owing? Did they cease our airports because of that? Be a friend indeed!
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by itzsammyd: 7:07am On Jul 25, 2023
A colleague of mine, where I worked before used my account to take a loan without my consent two weeks after I resigned from the company.. up till today, the loan have not been paid and I heard he is no longer working at the company.
The loan is expired and has attracted penalty charges and I do receive calls and threats from this app, please what do I do to get him paid?
#savemylife[b][/b]
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by sslcrypt: 8:11am On Jul 25, 2023
It's the mindset from observation. Here's the narrative we deduced from our studies if you can spare a cash for borrowing that means you can do without it.

Reason for this is that everyone is in dire situation regardless of your status. So for one to meet the very present need of someone causes a thought of appreciation and apprehension.

Apprehension in the sense that the borrowers situation haven't changed regardless of the short relief. So calculating forward the borrower looks at the financial stream which is either none existence or barely manageable. This outlook therefore causes a mental rebellion since in their mind they don't want to go back to that small increment of challenge they got relief from.

They forget that the reality is that there are still in the pit or ocean of financial distress. And nothing really changes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink / How Are Nigerian Weddings Funded? / How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.