Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (423765 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (474) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lindyadam: 9:56am On Jul 28, 2023
Good morning guys, i received a message from vfs last week that my passport has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Fri Jul 21 2023 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Abuja OC for processing.
Since then, i have not heard anything. Should i do a webchat with an officer to get details or just wait?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by stainless91(m): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2023
oriented:
I wish to continue to be part of this thread. I have gained a wealth of information here. Is anyone here going to University of Calgary (fall 2023) or do anyone here know of any WhatsApp/ telegram group for same?

How far with this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 10:00am On Jul 28, 2023
My ward’s friend just got a refusal.
Sponsor is her mum, MBS of about N27m+, no tuition deposit(school didn't request), going for a 4 year course. Submitted June 22nd.
Submitted CAC, pictures , receipts and source of funds for future payments. Also a couple landed assets. Sponsorship letters, affidavits and LOE to explain lump sum on Sponsor’s account which happened months ago. Opening bal N2m plus, Account turnover over N90m, 5months MBS . Most of the N27m happened less than a month before submission( this is guess of the problem).

Inputs are welcome. CBSA note already requested.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Letusconnect: 10:01am On Jul 28, 2023
Hello
Please, for someone that did upfront medicals, where am I to include the medical information sheet given to me?

Also, for someone who has had refusal before, am I to create a subheading for it in my LOE to address the previous refusals of study permit? Please, if you have reapplied before and got approval, kindly answer this question in relation to what you did please.

Thank you so much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adenikemonie: 10:01am On Jul 28, 2023
kweje:

If you got this from the school, it means your Neco or Waec grades in English is does not meet their requirement. A letter from school declaring your English Proficiency or Neco scratch Card may not solve it, hence they are requesting for an English test.
but I have good grade in English from my neco…, please which other schools that doesn’t require English Proficiency
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kingsleyloveth: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2023
Themillionman:

Thank you I want event management because I am an event planner, I have a registered company for it sef..,.I have been doing event for the past 5years, I have passion for it and I also thought it would be good to back up in my statement of purpose

Why not try maybe Hospitality and Hotel Management?
Isn't that somehow related to your career path too?
That's if Event Management seems hard to get.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eskammy39: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2023
May unlimited blessings consume people sharing information here. We rise by lifting others. The golden ticket has landed.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Letusconnect: 10:10am On Jul 28, 2023
HELLO EVERYONE.
Please, for someone that did upfront medicals, where am I to include the medical information sheet given to me?

Also, for someone who has had refusal before, am I to create a subheading for it in my LOE to address the previous refusals of study permit? Please, if you have reapplied before and got approval, kindly answer this question in relation to what you did please.

Thank you so much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by stainless91(m): 10:11am On Jul 28, 2023
oriented:
Should I be bothered? My study permit application is exactly 1 month today still no feedback after biometrics. P.S. I have a fully funded scholarship. What’s your thought guys?

Haha! Old portal or new?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chibudinho55(m): 10:25am On Jul 28, 2023
Wow,we are in part 23 already.
By the special Grace of God, this is the thread I'll get and announce my PPR. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 10:30am On Jul 28, 2023
kweje:

Great inputs.
Thanks for all you do on this thread.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 10:30am On Jul 28, 2023
kweje:
Sponsor is her mum, MBS of about N27m+, no tuition deposit(school didn't request), going for a 4 year course. Submitted June 22nd.
Submitted CAC, pictures , receipts and source of funds for future payments. Also a couple landed assets. Sponsorship letters, affidavits and LOE to explain lump sum on Sponsor’s account which happened months ago. Opening bal N2m plus, Account turnover over N90m, 5months MBS . Most of the N27m happened less than a month before submission( this is guess of the problem).

4 years program. Only a CBSA notes can truly tell. Advise you guys wait for it. Just as you guessed, I also guess the volatile balance caused it(bulk of the 27m happening in the last 1 month inside a 5 months MBS)

Also they seem to also have issues with the said amount not being sufficient hence he doubts if you have enough to cover your flight tickets and miscellaneous

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 10:32am On Jul 28, 2023
kweje:

I suspect the lump sum deposits counted against the application, if they are able to keep the funds for 3 to 4 months, and show sources for additional funds, the application should fly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 10:35am On Jul 28, 2023
kweje:

It means you can not apply to stay back and work in Canada after your studies at that school. (Which reduces chances at obtaining PR after studies if that is your intention.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 10:36am On Jul 28, 2023
Adenikemonie:
but I have good grade in English from my neco…, please which other schools that doesn’t require English Proficiency
What course are you going for? It might help narrow down your search.
Most schools do not require it English tests for Nigeria is is waive. Some courses accept C6 not all.
For instance, practical nursing in some schools require B3, some require C4.

Durham college is pretty selective though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 10:37am On Jul 28, 2023
honeycruize:
Please is anyone else having problems logging into the new IRCC account, I have been unable to login since the last update which is about a week now
Use a VPN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adenikemonie: 10:37am On Jul 28, 2023
kweje:

What course are you going for? It might help narrow down your search.
Most schools do not require it English tests for Nigeria is is waive. Some courses accept C6 not all.
For instance, practical nursing in some schools require B3, some require C4.

Durham college is pretty selective though.
Human Resources management and I have c5 in English
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 10:39am On Jul 28, 2023
zubizareta:

4 years program. Only a CBSA notes can truly tell. Advise you guys wait for it. Just as you guessed, I also guess the volatile balance caused it(bulk of the 27m happening in the last 1 month inside a 5 months MBS)

Also they seem to also have issues with the said amount not being sufficient hence he doubts if you have enough to cover your flight tickets and miscellaneous

Thank you so much. My thoughts too. It was interesting to note the generic refusal didnt say anything any financial assets .. their concern is mostly likely about the volatility of the account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2023
Bobomaigida:

I suspect the lump sum deposits counted against the application, if they are able to keep the funds for 3 to 4 months, and show sources for additional funds, the application should fly.
Thank you so much. It was just 1 lump sum and it was explained. Infact, the lumpsum was used up well before the N27m.

Your advise is valid. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Duhreen: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2023
Frankrobbn1:
I have been looking forward to seeing the end of the Part 22 thread, and it is with great joy that I welcome you all to a fresh beginning. We thank God for keeping us alive to witness this new phase and on this ground, we return all the glory to him. I have a strong conviction that the birth of this thread will initiate positive changes to individual applications on this platform, thus leading to massive success stories.

As a senior member of this platform, I would want to invoke the power in the name of Jesus Christ and speak in life into every TRV application, awaiting a response from IRCC. Today, I come with the full anointing of the Holy Ghost and I stand as an Oracle of the Most high God to decree and declare that as many of you that are believing God for TRV success, may God in heaven open every closed doors in your life and may the Visa officers at the Canadian embassy be forced to grant you your visas... Brethren, there is no immigration case God can't solve. Believe in his word that “He Makes every Crooked places Straight."

I am a strong believer that this part 23 which we've long been expecting, will be filled with lots of testimonies and successful stories in Jesus' Name!

If you believe strongly in the grace of God Almighty, as you punch on the LIKE BUTTON, may heaven intervene in your case, and may your application find favour in the sight of the responsible immigration officer. As you shout the loudest AMEN!, may it come to perfection in Jesus' name!

Your case is settled forever... Go and Rejoice for your success story is near.

Part 23 Grace --------------------------》100% Loaded!

I am rooting for everyone and looking forward to a prolific reign on this thread. I'm also committed to ensuring the continuity and progress of this window.

As always, IT WILL END IN PRAISES FOR EVERYONE

Thank you @Justwise for creating this new chapter of the thread. Kudos to you for the job well-done.

Amen!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 10:46am On Jul 28, 2023
Adenikemonie:
Human Resources management and I have c5 in English
Thats acceptable for that course in most schools. Check colleges in Ontario and other provinces. Almost every college has that course. It will depend on your budget and preference eventually.
Send me an email if you need further help on that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adenikemonie: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2023
kweje:

Thats acceptable for that course in most schools. Check colleges in Ontario and other provinces. Almost every college has that course. It will depend on your budget and preference eventually.
Send me an email if you need further help on that.
okay thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adex2442: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2023
Lekiboboe:

Post Graduate Certificate (PG.Cert) in Mechanical Engineering Related programs and Canadian Colleges Offering them

https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/53#105397686

Thanks boss God bless u 😀🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 11:14am On Jul 28, 2023
TabletMan:
Please all these colleges asking for a secondary school transcript as their requirements, how will I get the transcript for them? because I seriously don't understand.

go to your school and collect the transcript.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2023
Kinggame1:
Please where can I do police clearance in ibadan anybody?

state command, eleyele
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ayobamiaz: 11:34am On Jul 28, 2023
Chibudinho55:
Wow,we are in part 23 already.
By the special Grace of God, this is the thread I'll get and announce my PPR. Amen
A big Amen to that ..I will announce mine too by God grace 🙏🙏🙏

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oriented(m): 11:39am On Jul 28, 2023
stainless91:

How far with this?
I’m . Please add me too. Let’s connect please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by stainless91(m): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2023
oriented:

I’m . Please add me too. Let’s connect please

Send a DM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oriented(m): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2023
stainless91:

Haha! Old portal or new?
Old portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oriented(m): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2023
stainless91:

Send a DM
Sent please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Army2022: 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good morning all.
Landing gist. (#Read the story,forget the grammatical mistakes)
I applied for SP October 2022 for January resumption, got my PPR end of January 2023 (a week after Deferral to Sept2023 was approved).

Left 9ja this week through Ethiopian airlines.
Checked in my luggage (paid for extra)
I regretted wearing canvas, got tired of pulling it off at security checks ( if you can wear slippers, please do to save yourself the stress).

Yea...I was so surprised as my back bag was not even weighed, I wish I had added more things to it (hiss).

The journey was so smooth, but it was the Longest journey of my life, I even cried sef.
We left Los at past 1pm, got to Addis Ababa 9pm and immediately checked in to another flight and continued our journey.
At 5am we stopped at Dublin to refuel(it seems this took UpTo an hour, I'm not sure), but nobody left the plane. 😁 Through the window I saw plenty cows feeding near their airport.

After flying for about what looked like forever...I don't know if it was because of the long journey or because I began to miss my parents, but shaar uncontrollable tears began to drop.

😁They used food and drinks to finish us in that journey!
I slept throughout, I only wake up to eat.
The routine was, sleep, wake-up,go back to sleep, wake-up to more food and drinks 😄.

Finally we landed in Toronto, very beautiful airport. I asked questions and proceeded to get Study permit .
Hmmm So many students, of which 98% were Indians.
Ehen, they didn't even ask us any question. Our LOI was collected, few minutes later they gave me a paper. I asked the officer what next, he said that's your sp, you can go. Wow, just like that? I was supprised!

Then I proceeded to locate my luggage, checked into my next flight to Alberta(to be with fam before sch resumes). Mehn...4hrs flight again? Same country ooo! I became sick, nearly threw up, feverish etc. I became 95% healed at the sight of my nephews and nieces running to hug auntie at the airport.
Canada is very big abeg.

Weather experience.
*First of all As I'm typing this, one of my nose is blocked😄.
*8pm sun still shines! Wow
9pm be like 9ja's 5pm
This is so amazing!!

*The breeze is so cold like ice. And it's windy, this is the only thing I dislike.(because it makes me dress as if it's winter😄, which leaves me wondering how scary winter is going to be)
I don't know if I should still go ahead and change my dli from Ontario to Alberta, mehn this their weather scares the hell out of me.

*All their restaurants I've been to reads "wait to be seated" nawaoo.
*Neat rides, big cars, beautiful cars. The city I'm in and it's environ is amazing 😍
*Everybody I've come across is polite and friendly.

* This country is very big, it will contain all of us.

Good luck to all the PPR hopeful.
To those who got rejected, get your gcms note, correct your errors,do the right thing, reapply and get your PPR asap. No time, because Canada needs us.

To all the Guru's here, please help
I have my new passport, I want to apply for visa extension as my old passport will expire soon.
Is 15kcad pof enough to show for visa extension?
2yrs course, but I've paid for 1st semester which will start by Sept.
Thank you nairaland😍

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by angie88: 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2023
Congratulations. We r coming too
Army2022:
Good morning all.
Landing gist. (#Read the story,forget the grammatical mistakes)
I applied for SP October 2022 for January resumption, got my PPR end of January 2023 (a week after Deferral to Sept2023 was approved).

Left 9ja this week through Ethiopian airlines.
Checked in my luggage (paid for extra)
I regretted wearing canvas, got tired of pulling it off at security checks ( if you can wear slippers, please do to save yourself the stress).

Yea...I was so surprised as my back bag was not even weighed, I wish I had added more things to it (hiss).

The journey was so smooth, but it was the Longest journey of my life, I even cried sef.
We left Los at past 1pm, got to Addis Ababa 9pm and immediately checked in to another flight and continued our journey.
At 5am we stopped at Dublin to refuel(it seems this took UpTo an hour, I'm not sure), but nobody left the plane. 😁 Through the window I saw plenty cows feeding near their airport.

After flying for about what looked like forever...I don't know if it was because of the long journey or because I began to miss my parents, but shaar uncontrollable tears began to drop.

😁They used food and drinks to finish us in that journey!
I slept throughout, I only wake up to eat.
The routine was, sleep, wake-up,go back to sleep, wake-up to more food and drinks 😄.

Finally we landed in Toronto, very beautiful airport. I asked questions and proceeded to get Study permit .
Hmmm So many students, of which 98% were Indians.
Ehen, they didn't even ask us any question. Our LOI was collected, few minutes later they gave me a paper. I asked the officer what next, he said that's your sp, you can go. Wow, just like that? I was supprised!

Then I proceeded to locate my luggage, checked into my next flight to Alberta(to be with fam before sch resumes). Mehn...4hrs flight again? Same country ooo! I became sick, nearly threw up, feverish etc. I became 95% healed at the sight of my nephews and nieces running to hug auntie at the airport.
Canada is very big abeg.

Weather experience.
*First of all As I'm typing this, one of my nose is blocked😄.
*8pm sun still shines! Wow
9pm be like 9ja's 5pm
This is so amazing!!

*The breeze is so cold like ice. And it's windy, this is the only thing I dislike.(because it makes me dress as if it's winter😄, which leaves me wondering how scary winter is going to be)
I don't know if I should still go ahead and change my dli from Ontario to Alberta, mehn this their weather scares the hell out of me.

*All their restaurants I've been to reads "wait to be seated" nawaoo.
*Neat rides, big cars, beautiful cars. The city I'm in and it's environ is amazing 😍
*Everybody I've come across is polite and friendly.

* This country is very big, it will contain all of us.

Good luck to all the PPR hopeful.
To those who got rejected, get your gcms note, correct your errors,do the right thing, reapply and get your PPR asap. No time, because Canada needs us.

To all the Guru's here, please help
I have my new passport, I want to apply for visa extension as my old passport will expire soon.
Is 15kcad pof enough to show for visa extension?
2yrs course, but I've paid for 1st semester which will start by Sept.
Thank you nairaland😍

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (474) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.