Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,537 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (423091 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ide2012: 1:05am On Jul 29, 2023
charlesoz19:

An agent applied for this first 3 I did the last one myself.
I posted my SOP in may and also my GCMS notes (trend 22)
I used all document and wrote a new SOP
I was not hopeful
It was a miracle

That's awesome. I'll send you a pm. Your experince will really help us on this thread. you're blessed!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by hemanewton: 1:05am On Jul 29, 2023
Good evening great people. Please I would like to know the steps to request for a GCMS note after rejection
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Rands123456: 2:34am On Jul 29, 2023
Please who is resuming to Saskatchewan Yorkton this September fall
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ide2012: 2:58am On Jul 29, 2023
hemanewton:
Good evening great people. Please I would like to know the steps to request for a GCMS note after rejection

If your immigration application to Canada has been rejected, you can request a GCMS (Global Case Management System) note to obtain more information about the reasons for the refusal and to better understand the decision-making process. Here are the steps to request a GCMS note after rejection:

Understand the Purpose: GCMS notes contain detailed information about your immigration application, including notes made by visa officers, documents submitted, and reasons for the decision. The notes can help you identify any mistakes or weaknesses in your application and may assist you in reapplying or appealing the decision.

Wait for the Refusal Letter: Before requesting a GCMS note, ensure you have received the official refusal letter or decision from the immigration authorities. The refusal letter will contain important details about your application's denial.

Gather Required Information: To request the GCMS notes, you will need to provide specific information related to your application. Gather the following details:

Your full name
Date of birth
Address
Email address
Telephone number
The application number of the rejected application (if available)
Any other relevant information that can help identify your application.
Complete the GCMS Note Request Form: Visit the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website and download the "GCMS Notes Request Form" (IMM 5563). Fill out the form accurately with all the required information.

Prepare the Consent Form: Along with the GCMS request form, you will also need to submit a "Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request" form (IMM 5744). This form authorizes the release of your personal information to you or your representative.

Submit the Request: There are two ways to submit your request for GCMS notes:

a. Online: If you have a "MyCIC" account, you can log in and submit your request electronically through the IRCC website.

b. Mail: If you prefer the traditional method, you can print and fill out the GCMS Note Request Form and Consent Form. Then, mail the completed forms to the following address:

ATIP Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1L1
Canada

Pay the Processing Fee: As of my last update in September 2021, there was a processing fee associated with obtaining GCMS notes. You can check the current fee on the IRCC website. Ensure that you include the payment along with your request. Payment options and details will be available on the IRCC website as well.

Wait for Processing: Once your request is submitted, it may take several weeks or months for the GCMS notes to be processed and delivered to you.

Review the GCMS Notes: Once you receive the GCMS notes, carefully review the information provided. Pay attention to the reasons for refusal and any comments made by the visa officer. This information can be valuable if you decide to reapply or appeal the decision.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by charlesoz19: 6:05am On Jul 29, 2023
Yes I did

Letusconnect:

Did you use MBS please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ademma2022: 6:08am On Jul 29, 2023
good morning house, is there a way I can proof that I received cash in dollars to the vo without having to put it in an account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Obafemi389: 6:36am On Jul 29, 2023
Morning Guys I need help with how to send my passport to Abuja for stamping

What are the document to attach?
Which carrier is the best?
Address?
And fees?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Letusconnect: 6:38am On Jul 29, 2023
charlesoz19:

Yes I did

Okay. Please, did you label your documents in the proof of funds? As in did the tag them for easy identification or you just attached the documents like that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by hillary4003: 7:27am On Jul 29, 2023
Hey guys are there any females going to the university of manitoba this fall 2023 and is looking for a place to rent? i'm looking to move in september please if you're looking for a place let me know and we can search together/or if you already have a place and are looking for someone to move in! thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by chrisifeanyi: 7:56am On Jul 29, 2023
Army2022:
Good morning all.
Landing gist. (#Read the story,forget the grammatical mistakes)
I applied for SP October 2022 for January resumption, got my PPR end of January 2023 (a week after Deferral to Sept2023 was approved).

Left 9ja this week through Ethiopian airlines.
Checked in my luggage (paid for extra)
I regretted wearing canvas, got tired of pulling it off at security checks ( if you can wear slippers, please do to save yourself the stress).

Yea...I was so surprised as my back bag was not even weighed, I wish I had added more things to it (hiss).

The journey was so smooth, but it was the Longest journey of my life, I even cried sef.
We left Los at past 1pm, got to Addis Ababa 9pm and immediately checked in to another flight and continued our journey.
At 5am we stopped at Dublin to refuel(it seems this took UpTo an hour, I'm not sure), but nobody left the plane. 😁 Through the window I saw plenty cows feeding near their airport.

After flying for about what looked like forever...I don't know if it was because of the long journey or because I began to miss my parents, but shaar uncontrollable tears began to drop.

😁They used food and drinks to finish us in that journey!
I slept throughout, I only wake up to eat.
The routine was, sleep, wake-up,go back to sleep, wake-up to more food and drinks 😄.

Finally we landed in Toronto, very beautiful airport. I asked questions and proceeded to get Study permit .
Hmmm So many students, of which 98% were Indians.
Ehen, they didn't even ask us any question. Our LOI was collected, few minutes later they gave me a paper. I asked the officer what next, he said that's your sp, you can go. Wow, just like that? I was supprised!

Then I proceeded to locate my luggage, checked into my next flight to Alberta(to be with fam before sch resumes). Mehn...4hrs flight again? Same country ooo! I became sick, nearly threw up, feverish etc. I became 95% healed at the sight of my nephews and nieces running to hug auntie at the airport.
Canada is very big abeg.

Weather experience.
*First of all As I'm typing this, one of my nose is blocked😄.
*8pm sun still shines! Wow
9pm be like 9ja's 5pm
This is so amazing!!

*The breeze is so cold like ice. And it's windy, this is the only thing I dislike.(because it makes me dress as if it's winter😄, which leaves me wondering how scary winter is going to be)
I don't know if I should still go ahead and change my dli from Ontario to Alberta, mehn this their weather scares the hell out of me.

*All their restaurants I've been to reads "wait to be seated" nawaoo.
*Neat rides, big cars, beautiful cars. The city I'm in and it's environ is amazing 😍
*Everybody I've come across is polite and friendly.

* This country is very big, it will contain all of us.

Good luck to all the PPR hopeful.
To those who got rejected, get your gcms note, correct your errors,do the right thing, reapply and get your PPR asap. No time, because Canada needs us.

To all the Guru's here, please help
I have my new passport, I want to apply for visa extension as my old passport will expire soon.
Is 15kcad pof enough to show for visa extension?
2yrs course, but I've paid for 1st semester which will start by Sept.
Thank you nairaland😍

Good morning, may God prosper you exceedingly. I feel like I'm there already with you. I can't wait to join you. Stay blessed always.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emma549: 8:48am On Jul 29, 2023
Good morning house,
I submitted through UPS on Friday 20th July and got three Mail from vfs.
I tracker my application and this what it stated,
Please see attached screenshot,
does it mean my passport is ready for collection?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 9:15am On Jul 29, 2023
Emma549:
Good morning house,
I submitted through UPS on Friday 20th July and got three Mail from vfs.
I tracker my application and this what it stated,
Please see attached screenshot,
does it mean my passport is ready for collection?

No it is not ready for collection, you will get like 3 notifications after this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adex2442: 9:32am On Jul 29, 2023
Guys, can someone that's going for two years pgd show statement for only 1 year school fees or must show 2 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Arctope: 10:09am On Jul 29, 2023
Hello guys, I got admitted to Fanshawe college. For a 1 year Pgd course the course only last for 8months. My agent is telling me that the 8 months course is not qualified for a post graduate work permit. Please is this correct?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by charlesoz19: 11:06am On Jul 29, 2023
Letusconnect:

Okay. Please, did you label your documents in the proof of funds? As in did the tag them for easy identification or you just attached the documents like that?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by charlesoz19: 11:09am On Jul 29, 2023
I was always creating table to explain better and easier
I didnt list any I just mentioned them on each session that explains them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kayceeskay(m): 11:50am On Jul 29, 2023
Better change agent sharp sharp or run your thing by yourself. Agent wey no know say 1 year programs normally last 8 months in total.

Arctope:
Hello guys, I got admitted to Fanshawe college. For a 1 year Pgd course the course only last for 8months. My agent is telling me that the 8 months course is not qualified for a post graduate work permit. Please is this correct?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dafuturis(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2023
Arctope:

Wrong. 8 months is seen as a year program. It is only when it is less than 8months you do not qualify

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
Are you a citizen of India or Nigeria ? Because I saw your SOP stated you are a citizen of India

charlesoz19:
I was always creating table to explain better and easier
I didnt list any I just mentioned them on each session that explains them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
Arctope:
Not correct. Most 1yr programs are 8months courses made of 2 terms.
1 yr program = 1 PGWP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Heffalump(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
Lekiboboe:

As an HND holder in Business Admin, you don't need to apply for BSC to study in Canada,
you can apply for business related POST GRADUATE Certificate Programs at Canadian colleges.

Post Graduate Certificate (PG CERT) Business Programs (2 years duration) and Colleges offering it

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/230#111060488

More Colleges in Canada offering postgraduate certificates in business management, international business management, and global business management:

1. Seneca College - Toronto, Ontario
2. Centennial College - Toronto, Ontario
3. Humber College - Toronto, Ontario
4. George Brown College - Toronto, Ontario
5. Fanshawe College - London, Ontario
6. Sheridan College - Brampton, Ontario
7. Conestoga College - Kitchener, Ontario
8. Algonquin College - Ottawa, Ontario
9. Lambton College - Sarnia, Ontario
10. Fleming College - Peterborough, Ontario
11. Durham College - Oshawa, Ontario
12. Douglas College - New Westminster, British Columbia
13. Mohawk College - Hamilton, Ontario
14. Niagara College - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
15. Cambrian College, Sudbury, Ontario

Use Google to explore each school of each program, course outlines, and make a choice
Potential documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983
Goodluck

@Lekiboboe, you're welcome back after a long break. It's like school matter held you down. Thanks for all the support you and other fellows provide on this thread.

I want to believe that some of these schools in Canada are a bit hesitant in considering Nigerians and Africans for admission. Like someone over there told me, they look for every possible reason so as not to give you admission as they prefer the Indians and others. As an African, you must provide more than the basic requirements and surpass every condition to be offered admission to any of the competitive courses.

I began to believe the aforesaid when recently my wife was denied admission to Humber college. She applied for Global business management with her pgd Business Administration (CGPA 4.21) obtained 2023 and BSc Computer Science (3.09) obtained 2011 (WES evaluated). As per proof of English, she submitted recently expired IELTS of 7.5 band.

She decided to give a shot to the college admission when several Canadian universities have turned down her offer of admission. It's really disheartening.

Please what's your candid advise at this point?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
TabletMan:
I don't think they will still have my transcripts because it's a private school
they will
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
Adex2442:
Guys, can someone that's going for two years pgd show statement for only 1 year school fees or must show 2 years

2 years is good

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2023
Adex2442:
1yr + how you plan to pay for the second year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Army2022: 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2023
Thank you.
I've replied your mail
Officialarhnie:

Congratulations… please check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ChiomaMC: 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2023
Please this link is not working.
please someone should assist in providing a link for student visa application
Gentlesoul3268:

https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s2b3bca2004dbdbb25bb59350ae2e6c29f3205348c

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Army2022: 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
This truth is scary 🥶
HonourableJoe:
If my guess is right, you landed couple of days ago. If it was before the rain then for the weather aspect, wait for winter lol. If about 18°c cause blocked nose then i cannot imagine what -35°c and -40°c will do.

Congratulations on your arrival

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Army2022: 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2023
Thank you. Soon you'll tell your story too
chrisifeanyi:

Good morning, may God prosper you exceedingly. I feel like I'm there already with you. I can't wait to join you. Stay blessed always.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2023
The site is gckey (type that on Google and click the second line.

ChiomaMC:
Please this link is not working.
please someone should assist in providing a link for student visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ide2012: 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2023
Lekiboboe:

As an HND holder in Business Admin, you don't need to apply for BSC to study in Canada,
you can apply for business related POST GRADUATE Certificate Programs at Canadian colleges.

Post Graduate Certificate (PG CERT) Business Programs (2 years duration) and Colleges offering it

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/230#111060488

More Colleges in Canada offering postgraduate certificates in business management, international business management, and global business management:

1. Seneca College - Toronto, Ontario
2. Centennial College - Toronto, Ontario
3. Humber College - Toronto, Ontario
4. George Brown College - Toronto, Ontario
5. Fanshawe College - London, Ontario
6. Sheridan College - Brampton, Ontario
7. Conestoga College - Kitchener, Ontario
8. Algonquin College - Ottawa, Ontario
9. Lambton College - Sarnia, Ontario
10. Fleming College - Peterborough, Ontario
11. Durham College - Oshawa, Ontario
12. Douglas College - New Westminster, British Columbia
13. Mohawk College - Hamilton, Ontario
14. Niagara College - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
15. Cambrian College, Sudbury, Ontario

Use Google to explore each school of each program, course outlines, and make a choice

Potential documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

Goodluck

Are there any disadvantages of applying to a 1 year Post Graduate certificate program. I see you specified in your comment ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by divine128: 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
Guys I have a question pls someone I know,let me say a family friend,she lost her waec certificate ,but she has a diploma from a uni,so with her diploma,and testimonial from her secondary school showing the completion of her waec exams,and an affidavit from court of lost waec certificate,can she use this to get admission in Canada and apply for study visa,

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (473) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.