Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (428098 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
ide2012:

Are there any disadvantages of applying to a 1 year Post Graduate certificate program. I see you specified in your comment ?

The only disadvantage of 1 year program I know is that it will only give you 1 year Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) which won't allow a graduate to have more time to prepare and apply for PR, cos to qualify for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) category of express entry (for international students who studied in Canada), you need to work full time for 1-year.
I heard some people do one year program in schools located in some Canadian province and are able to apply for PR there e.g Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) such as SINP (Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program), RNIP etc..
You might want to do some research on that.

Two years program is preferable or you finish 1 program and start another (1+1) cos with the completion of a 2 years program and you apply for PGWP you would get 2-3 years PGWP which allow you to have more time to prepare for PR Via CEC (1 year working full time , time to process and get your WES transcript evaluation from your school in Naija, Police Clearance Certificate from Naija etc.)

AWAIT ADDITIONAL INPUTS FROM OTHERS

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Army2022: 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
Someone please help , I'm already in Canada. I've checked ircc website but didn't see anything like POF for visa extension.
I have my new passport, I want to apply for visa extension as my old passport will expire soon.
Is 15kcad pof enough to show for visa extension? Is POF required? If yes, how much cad or how many years POF is required.
2yrs course, but I've paid for 1st semester which will start by Sept.
Army2022:
Good morning all.
Landing gist. (#Read the story,forget the grammatical mistakes)
I applied for SP October 2022 for January resumption, got my PPR end of January 2023 (a week after Deferral to Sept2023 was approved).

Left 9ja this week through Ethiopian airlines.
Checked in my luggage (paid for extra)
I regretted wearing canvas, got tired of pulling it off at security checks ( if you can wear slippers, please do to save yourself the stress).

Yea...I was so surprised as my back bag was not even weighed, I wish I had added more things to it (hiss).

The journey was so smooth, but it was the Longest journey of my life, I even cried sef.
We left Los at past 1pm, got to Addis Ababa 9pm and immediately checked in to another flight and continued our journey.
At 5am we stopped at Dublin to refuel(it seems this took UpTo an hour, I'm not sure), but nobody left the plane. ๐Ÿ˜ Through the window I saw plenty cows feeding near their airport.

After flying for about what looked like forever...I don't know if it was because of the long journey or because I began to miss my parents, but shaar uncontrollable tears began to drop.

๐Ÿ˜They used food and drinks to finish us in that journey!
I slept throughout, I only wake up to eat.
The routine was, sleep, wake-up,go back to sleep, wake-up to more food and drinks ๐Ÿ˜„.

Finally we landed in Toronto, very beautiful airport. I asked questions and proceeded to get Study permit .
Hmmm So many students, of which 98% were Indians.
Ehen, they didn't even ask us any question. Our LOI was collected, few minutes later they gave me a paper. I asked the officer what next, he said that's your sp, you can go. Wow, just like that? I was supprised!

Then I proceeded to locate my luggage, checked into my next flight to Alberta(to be with fam before sch resumes). Mehn...4hrs flight again? Same country ooo! I became sick, nearly threw up, feverish etc. I became 95% healed at the sight of my nephews and nieces running to hug auntie at the airport.
Canada is very big abeg.

Weather experience.
*First of all As I'm typing this, one of my nose is blocked๐Ÿ˜„.
*8pm sun still shines! Wow
9pm be like 9ja's 5pm
This is so amazing!!

*The breeze is so cold like ice. And it's windy, this is the only thing I dislike.(because it makes me dress as if it's winter๐Ÿ˜„, which leaves me wondering how scary winter is going to be)
I don't know if I should still go ahead and change my dli from Ontario to Alberta, mehn this their weather scares the hell out of me.

*All their restaurants I've been to reads "wait to be seated" nawaoo.
*Neat rides, big cars, beautiful cars. The city I'm in and it's environ is amazing ๐Ÿ˜
*Everybody I've come across is polite and friendly.

* This country is very big, it will contain all of us.

Good luck to all the PPR hopeful.
To those who got rejected, get your gcms note, correct your errors,do the right thing, reapply and get your PPR asap. No time, because Canada needs us.

To all the Guru's here, please help
I have my new passport, I want to apply for visa extension as my old passport will expire soon.
Is 15kcad pof enough to show for visa extension?
Thank you nairaland๐Ÿ˜
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Pristine664: 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
Arctope:
Hello guys, I got admitted to Fanshawe college. For a 1 year Pgd course the course only last for 8months. My agent is telling me that the 8 months course is not qualified for a post graduate work permit. Please is this correct?

And you call this one agent?? grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Aghoghomena: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
Hello,

Please I need an accommodation for my niece in NEW BRUNSKWICK. She is supposed to resume at the university NEW BRUNSKWICK (Saint John Campus) by September 06.

Can anyone be of help here? Is there anyone who needs a room mate too?

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2023
doublestar21:
Please, kindly assist me. I have HND but when I am tired looking for schools as many of them require IELT. Secondly,c Please I want a pgd certificate so that I can do my masters but I kept seeing diplomas while searching for schools in college. Please help me out.

I studied Civil Engineering, in Polytechnic here since I need pgd will I choose diploma while applying? Because I am scared it might be the same diploma I graduated with here in Nigeria. Please suggest college name that I can do pgd without IELT if you know .

Thanks.

The IELTS requirement you see in college admission requirements is mostly for countries whose Official language is not ENGLISH E.g India, Vietnam, China etc..

They recognize Nigeria as an English speaking country.

As an HND holder, you are eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Certificate Program in a College

See the link and contents below for

PG. Cert in Civil Engineering, Building Construction Management and related programs and Colleges in Canada offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/512#112887153

Also Check

Post Graduate Certificate in Construction Project Management, Centennial College, Ontario

Good luck..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wifefo88: 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2023
Hi everyone..,

Anyone coming to Cambrian College, Sudbury in September 23., Iโ€™m looking to rent a two bedroom apartment dm me if interested.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
I just watched it on YouTube online now you will follow the process you did initially when you applied for your stupid permit, Just Yes and No to some questionaire question if applicable to you like you YES to you are applying inside CANADA.

I think the POF required depending the length of your study left at the time you apply for extension.

Army2022:
Someone please help , I'm already in Canada. I've checked ircc website but didn't see anything like POF for visa extension.
Is 15kcad pof enough to show for visa extension? Is POF required? If yes, how much cad or how many years POF is required.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tcrown2020(f): 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2023
Princeofabia:
Thanks for sharing. God Bless you
Beautiful write up.
' Canada is big enough to contain all of us "๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚
May the maple land favour you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
Heffalump:

@Lekiboboe, you're welcome back after a long break. It's like school matter held you down. Thanks for all the support you and other fellows provide on this thread.

I want to believe that some of these schools in Canada are a bit hesitant in considering Nigerians and Africans for admission. Like someone over there told me, they look for every possible reason so as not to give you admission as they prefer the Indians and others. As an African, you must provide more than the basic requirements and surpass every condition to be offered admission to any of the competitive courses.

I began to believe the aforesaid when recently my wife was denied admission to Humber college. She applied for Global business management with her pgd Business Administration (CGPA 4.21) obtained 2023 and BSc Computer Science (3.09) obtained 2011 (WES evaluated). As per proof of English, she submitted recently expired IELTS of 7.5 band.

She decided to give a shot to the college admission when several Canadian universities have turned down her offer of admission. It's really disheartening.

Please what's your candid advise at this point?

Gracias. Abi now. You're welcome Chief.

Well that's not really true. What I have oberserved so far about Humber College in Toronto is that it's kinda competitive. I don't know why, whether it's cos of its location or something else.

Your wife should apply to other schools

E.g

Cambrian college, Sudbury (Ontario)
Candore College, North Bay (Ontario)
Seneca college, Toronto (Ontario)
Fleming College, Toronto (Ontario)

There is someone who applied to the aforementioned schools for Global Business Management, International Business Management PG.cert programs this year and got admission in the four schools.

For her admission application, She submitted her
- International passport Data page
- Transcript
- Certificate of highest degree
- SSCE result
- Cover letter showing why she is a good fit for the program
- Canadian Style Resume

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
Army2022:
For Study permit extension..@GCKey portal will request for POF..infact POF is required!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2023
divine128:
Guys I have a question pls someone I know,let me say a family friend,she lost her waec certificate ,but she has a diploma from a uni,so with her diploma,and testimonial from her secondary school showing the completion of her waec exams,and an affidavit from court of lost waec certificate,can she use this to get admission in Canada and apply for study visa,
Ah ah.
Who loss waec certificate should still be able to send a waec scratch card and exam number for the school to authenticate the result
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by donfood4thought: 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2023
[size=16pt]Do you want to Know the secrete to paying your fees easily while schooling in Canada??[/size]

reply ASPA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ide2012: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2023
donfood4thought:
[size=16pt]Do you want to Know the secrete to paying your fees easily while schooling in Canada??

reply ASPA
[/size][size=16pt][/size][size=16pt][/size]
. Let the cat out of the bag!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
Explain the secret here for everyone to see

donfood4thought:
[size=16pt]Do you want to Know the secrete to paying your fees easily while schooling in Canada??[/size]

reply ASPA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by divine128: 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Ah ah.
Who loss waec certificate should still be able to send a waec scratch card and exam number for the school to authenticate the result

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Xixteen11: 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please I just got my passport stamped and my resumption date is September 5 but Iโ€™m thinking of changing my course. Please whatโ€™s the process and are there any implication to do that from here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mrsam12: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Good day Fam.
my passport have 6months and 4 days left when i'll be traveling to canada in august... hope i'll not have issues at the boarder. please i need urgent answer๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2023
No issues you will extend your study permit when you enter Canada

Mrsam12:
Good day Fam.
my passport have 6months and 4 days left when i'll be traveling to canada in august... hope i'll not have issues at the boarder. please i need urgent answer๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by divine128: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Ah ah.

Pls one last question,if she now wants to apply for visa and needed to authenticate educational document,the lost certificate how will she go about that,she will do the diploma authentication
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by matthew080: 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2023
If u need a trusted agent to work with here,I strongly recommend anon 123,
I said anon 123,
He his very capable of handling your visa application,
You can trust him with your money
He his very responsible and trustworthy
I stand for him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2023
divine128:

Pls one last question,if she now wants to apply for visa and needed to authenticate educational document,the lost certificate how will she go about that,she will do the diploma authentication
She doesn't need to authenticate documents when applying for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by hemanewton: 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
[quote author=ide2012 post=124729098]

If your immigration application to Canada has been rejected, you can request a GCMS (Global Case Management System) note to obtain more information about the reasons for the refusal and to better understand the decision-making process. Here are the steps to request a GCMS note after rejection:

Understand the Purpose: GCMS notes contain detailed information about your immigration application, including notes made by visa officers, documents submitted, and reasons for the decision. The notes can help you identify any mistakes or weaknesses in your application and may assist you in reapplying or appealing the decision.

Wait for the Refusal Letter: Before requesting a GCMS note, ensure you have received the official refusal letter or decision from the immigration authorities. The refusal letter will contain important details about your application's denial.

Gather Required Information: To request the GCMS notes, you will need to provide specific information related to your application. Gather the following details:

Your full name
Date of birth
Address
Email address
Telephone number
The application number of the rejected application (if available)
Any other relevant information that can help identify your application.
Complete the GCMS Note Request Form: Visit the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website and download the "GCMS Notes Request Form" (IMM 5563). Fill out the form accurately with all the required information.

Prepare the Consent Form: Along with the GCMS request form, you will also need to submit a "Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request" form (IMM 5744). This form authorizes the release of your personal information to you or your representative.

Submit the Request: There are two ways to submit your request for GCMS notes:

a. Online: If you have a "MyCIC" account, you can log in and submit your request electronically through the IRCC website.

b. Mail: If you prefer the traditional method, you can print and fill out the GCMS Note Request Form and Consent Form. Then, mail the completed forms to the following address:

ATIP Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1L1
Canada

Pay the Processing Fee: As of my last update in September 2021, there was a processing fee associated with obtaining GCMS notes. You can check the current fee on the IRCC website. Ensure that you include the payment along with your request. Payment options and details will be available on the IRCC website as well.

Wait for Processing: Once your request is submitted, it may take several weeks or months for the GCMS notes to be processed and delivered to you.

Review the GCMS Notes: Once you receive the GCMS notes, carefully review the information provided. Pay attention to the reasons for refusal and any comments made by the visa officer. This information can be valuable if you decide to reapply or appeal the decision.

God bless you. This is very comprehensive

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Heffalump(m): 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2023
Lekiboboe:

Gracias. Abi now. You're welcome Chief.
Well that's not really true. What I have oberserved so far about Humber College in Toronto is that it's kinda competitive. I don't know why, whether it's cos of its location or something else.
Your wife should apply to other schools
E.g
Cambrian college, Sudbury (Ontario)
Candore College, North Bay (Ontario)
Seneca college, Toronto (Ontario)
Fleming College, Toronto (Ontario)
There is someone who applied to the aforementioned schools for Global Business Management, International Business Management PG.cert programs this year and got admission in the four schools.
For her admission application, She submitted her
- International passport Data page
- Transcript
- Certificate of highest degree
- SSCE result
- Cover letter showing why she is a good fit for the program
- Canadian Style Resume

Thanks Leki.
Another issue is that the document upload holder on the Humber portal is just 4 for specific documents. Such that, if you have need to provide other details, there is no such flexibility at all. What is expected is to provide a neutral place for uploading documents like "Others".

It's really sad. Could you imagine them responding to our reaction after the admission decision that they don't write students to provide additional documents. What a pride! This is the first time I heard this, and only because they are highly competitive. They find a way to limit you so as to deny someone admission. The number of applicants are much, so who has your time. But the problem is, why can't they give room for someone to provide sufficient documents, and especially when someone has surpassed basic entry qualification?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Xixteen11: 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please I just got my passport stamped and my resumption date is September 5 but Iโ€™m thinking of changing my course. Please whatโ€™s the process and are there any implication to do that from here?๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 11:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
Will I need to apply for a new study permit if I change my program of study while in Nigeria?

School remains the same.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Pristine664: 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by divine128: 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
tenderjunkie:

She doesn't need to authenticate documents when applying for visa

Oh thanks,I thought Dey do,I was asking due to my experience with Turkish student visa where I authenticated documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Pristine664: 11:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
tenderjunkie:
Will I need to apply for a new study permit if I change my program of study while in Nigeria?

School remains the same.

Please don't risk it. You can change it when you enter Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mrsam12: 12:01am On Jul 30, 2023
Good day fam.
please do i need a transit visa to pass through London heathrow while connecting to canada... i'm using British Airway... please i need urgent respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by misterditto: 12:26am On Jul 30, 2023
Nairalanders Gurus,

Please for someone who is in UK and want to migrate to Canada, where do such person stand a chance for approval in term of location of his application In UK or Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ide2012: 12:36am On Jul 30, 2023
Lekiboboe:

The only disadvantage of 1 year program I know is that it will only give you 1 year Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) which won't allow a graduate to have more time to prepare and apply for PR, cos to qualify for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) category of express entry (for international students who studied in Canada), you need to work full time for 1-year.
I heard some people do one year program in schools located in some Canadian province and are able to apply for PR there e.g Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) such as SINP (Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program), RNIP etc..
You might want to do some research on that.

Two years program is preferable or you finish 1 program and start another (1+1) cos with the completion of a 2 years program and you apply for PGWP you would get 2-3 years PGWP which allow you to have more time to prepare for PR Via CEC (1 year working full time , time to process and get your WES transcript evaluation from your school in Naija, Police Clearance Certificate from Naija etc.)

AWAIT ADDITIONAL INPUTS FROM OTHERS

That makes sense. Thanks man
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Scogyoddyniv1: 1:41am On Jul 30, 2023
Congratulations.
Please when did you submit?
My agent submitted ours 19th July,2023.

Xixteen11:
Hello everyone,
Please I just got my passport stamped and my resumption date is September 5 but Iโ€™m thinking of changing my course. Please whatโ€™s the process and are there any implication to do that from here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (475) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

Viewing this topic: AcetylLily(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.